Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 85. (Read 173234 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 2
Trading has now resumed on 100% secured wallets. Which coins are 100% secured can be found via https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo marked as "In maintenance" with status "Currency 100% secured, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready"
We are writing this letter to update you on the progress we are making after the event that occurred on the 14th of January 2019. You may have heard various comments about this event being an exit scam but rest assured we are 100% committed to reopening the exchange, bigger and better and to continue trading.

On the 14th of January 2019 we noticed several suspicious transactions and placed our site into maintenance to prevent additional funds from being compromised as best we could. We notified local and international law enforcement agencies of the matter and our offices were locked down and the site was only accessible to a very small number of staff and law enforcement agencies. We complied with all requests so as not to tarnish the scene. As a result, many of our staff were sent home on full pay and our systems were inaccessible.

We were given access back to our site on the 14th of February 2019. This was the first time since the event that we could begin to assess the impact. We have a comprehensive plan in place to get our exchange back trading. This however is quite labour and time heavy as we are effectively rebuilding our service from the ground up again. Since having access returned we have made significant steps to resuming service.

Read only site: The read only site is now live, it shows balances as at the 14th of January 2019. Please use this site to reset passwords and 2FA credentials.
Cancel orders: We are aware of market volatility in Crypto. The ability for users to cancel their standing orders is also live now. The API is still disabled, so you will need to cancel your orders through the website.
Updates on twitter: We are continually updating our Twitter page with updates on our progress to go live. Please be wary of fake Cryptopia accounts on twitter, our official handle is Cryptopia_NZ and our page can be found here.
No new funds to be deposited: As a result of the new wallets please immediately refrain from depositing funds into old Cryptopia addresses.
There will be a rebate for customers who unfortunately lost funds. We are working through the logistics of this to ensure it is equitable and in compliance with local laws.
Our Support team is prioritising tickets for 2FA and password resets to allow our customers to be prepared for trading when we go live

If you held balances in coins that were lost in the event you will start to see Withdraws on your account for those coins. The TXID for the withdraw will not exist on the network but will detail how the coin was impacted in the event. For each withdraw you will also see a subsequent deposit of Cryptopia Loss Marker(CLM), the TXID for this will also not exist on a network but will detail the coin it represents a loss for. CLM is not a coin, it can't be traded as yet, it is just a number in the database that represents the loss for each coin for each user in $NZD at the time of the event. There are still steps to take to ensure we are taking a legal path toward reimbursement.

We will be emailing you again shortly with more details around the rebates and the projected dates for trading to be active again. Please be aware, we are hoping to achieve this by the end of the month.

On behalf of the leadership team and all staff at Cryptopia, we want to thank you for your unwavering support. Cryptopia aims to be a transparent and honest exchange, with the greatest customers in the world.

Regards

Rob (Hex) Dawson,

On behalf of the Cryptopia Management Team

as per https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=48613b3cdb50338032a664a14a9619ba

Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
I was a bit too busy on the weekend and I didn't follow the news... however judging by the last posts here and people's unhappiness, I guess there are still no updates as to when trading will be resumed?
Oh and nor anything official about if they'll share their damage with their clients or not I suppose.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 257
Funny.  Loads of wise crackers are in prison for conspiracy.
Funny.  No statement on when exchange opens, nor any formal statement on what was stolen.
Funny.  Ya'll seem to be conspiring to stagnant a speedy re-opening.  The question is why?  You all won't be clear, so surprise there are 'theories' circulating. 
Cryptopia does not monitor this site... let alone post updates based on comments in this site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g

But your from cryptopia right and your reading and monitoring this thread?  Grin

Nah I'm just "some anonymous mod on discord"

What is your official position, if any? I've asked this before, and you never responded.

Why bother? not like anyone here would believe me lol, bunch of conspiracy theorists in here.
Activity: 224
Merit: 24
Cryptopia does not monitor this site... let alone post updates based on comments in this site.
No, they do not. Just a coincidence on their part to explain the coin status page we were discussing. Dude, that was something positive we were posting. So chill.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

But your from cryptopia right and your reading and monitoring this thread?  Grin

What is your official position, if any? I've asked this before, and you never responded.

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268
50% bonus on your First Topup
Expecting this month that cryptopia site will be fixed for the sake of all thousands of traders that altcoins and tokens left. I also saw my coins! It's still there safe
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
It would seem someone is watching this thread and responds to (some) of our concerns. That's good.

Yeah looks like my post get them some ideas on what to post next for their updates Cheesy

I suggest open withdrawal to BTC and USDT for the time being Cheesy - I hope they pick this idea up  Cool
It would seem someone is watching this thread and responds to (some) of our concerns. That's good.

[All of the coins I clicked on have the exact same message:

Currency 100% secured, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

So the question is, does "100% secured" simply mean "we've started a fresh coin daemon on a new server" or does it mean "no funds were lost"?

I believe the latter. However, if the analysis published by 3rd parties are correct, they only need to sync the Etherium blockchain to asses the (major) losses. Of course they need to sync everything, but at Ether and Etherium tokens we could look for surprises.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

I got bored of clicking every "In Maintenance" coin about halfway down the list. It would be much easier if Cryptopia set up a custom page showing basic go/no go information, without needing to check each individual coin.

All of the coins I clicked on have the exact same message:

Currency 100% secured, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

So the question is, does "100% secured" simply mean "we've started a fresh coin daemon on a new server" or does it mean "no funds were lost"?
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓

On behalf of the SexCoin Core Team and the wider SexCoin community I would like to express our sorrow at the mass murder by a terrorist in Cryptopia's hometown of Christchurch.  I have been a frequent visitor to Christchurch over the past 35 years and will continue to do so for many years to come.

I recommend people read the above posted news link as it contains a wealth of information and is being updated with fresh information as it comes to hand.

Kia kaha - Ōtautahi!
Synchronization from the zero block of such a number of wallets is a really lengthy procedure.

That is not the issue. You can check on their coin info page that all the wallets are in sync.
Not at all, Upon checking majority of wallets are still on OFFLINE Status
All wallet that have IN MAINTENANCE Status are OK and properly sync
While the rest with OFFLINE still need syncing

Well, this is quite a recent development. A few days ago they were all in maintenance. Perhaps this is what they said on Feb 28th:
Quote from: Cryptopia on Twitter
Update: We have transitioned 24% of all wallets to our new secure servers. Once the read only site is online, we will be keeping users up to date on which wallets have been checked and secured via the coin info page
Activity: 872
Merit: 120
Indeed a phenomenal project for the investors. I want to know more about how this platform allow users to advertise or sell their services. Or which coins should I use on Cryptopia?

You should use all coins you want to lose on cryptopia Wink
Pages:
Jump to: