Pages:
Author

Topic: [CRYPTOSTOCKS] Labcoin Official Thread - Self-Moderated - page 45. (Read 96854 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Cheap shares?

More hash power coming soon!
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
I'm definitely liking the daily divs.  Do we know what the hash rate is up to now?

edit... guess not, just read back a page.  Looking forward to the guest account.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Sam,

When are you going to open up trading on Cryptostocks? Secondly, are we still on track for 50TH and 500TH accordingly?

+1
Activity: 551
Merit: 500
Divs paid
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
You can buy the shares that are offered at an exchange if you are allowed to buy at this exchange by your bank.

You are using a bank as broker/dealer. The bank is a sophisticated investor and can buy whatever security or finanical lottery ticket it wants.
However, it can not sell you unregistered securities unless you are a sophisticated investor.

I never heard that, if you are allowed for one exchange, you cannot buy any share offered there. Maybe its because the bank you work with is the identity owning the shares. So that you arent exposed as a foreigner. If thats the case then a bitcoin bank could circumvent these restrictions too.

I imagine a bank could theoretically register its own security and act as a pass through. But thats not circumventing the law, its implementing it. And im not even sure they are allowed to open their investors indirectly to the risk of unregistered securities.

Otherwise, lets say Austria is making a law that Google has to apply to their rules if an austrian owns a google share then Google has to follow everything Austria wants to?

No. An Austrian owning a share of google doesnt mean google is soliciting investments on the Austrian capital market.

It would make sense if google would try to offer their shares in an austrian stock exchange, if there is one.

Exactly. And selling securities over the internet without verifying the identity and nationality of the investors, is put on the same footing for obvious reasons.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

Just check the guest account Sam gave us as he promised and you can see the rate.

Haha, good point.
Activity: 896
Merit: 102

Just check the guest account Sam gave us as he promised and you can see the rate.

Yes Sam Thanks that guest account is great.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Last two dividend payments were 16.75 & 16.10 = 32.85.

This is ~ 10.95/day, because Tuesday was skipped.  This may not be more hashrate, it could just be spreading 3 days' dividend payments over 2.

No they were down for about a day if you look at euligius, or maybe just eligius went down which would make sense with the 3 day thing.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Last two dividend payments were 16.75 & 16.10 = 32.85.

This is ~ 10.95/day, because Tuesday was skipped.  This may not be more hashrate, it could just be spreading 3 days' dividend payments over 2.
Paid I think the current dividend past 24hrs puts as near 8TH? Can someone mathematically inclined run numbers
seems like it will be paid, it is already in LC's CS wallet. I think it might be the highest dividend yet, but still no way to verify hashrate

You can verify by doing maths with current difficulty which im not capable of doing. Ytter is fairly good at it maybe he can calculate it.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Im not so sure...

Of course you are not sure, because you still havent bothered to read the regulations, have you?

that would mean that every security has to get a licencse from every country because from every country a buyer could come.

Buyers dont just "come". The key is were you are targeting the sales. Those markets are the ones where you have to be registered. For online sales, Ive posted what is considered targeting by US and HK governments. IN short, if you dont actively try to block investors from those countries, you are considered targeting them.

If a security is only traded at a german stock exchange then a us-citizen could easily buy shares at this german stock exchange.

Nonsense. The stock exchange knows your identity and nationality and will prevent you from buying securities that are not registered in your country. They must do that to comply with their license.

Note that Im only talking about "unsophisticated" investors here. You and me. You are allowed to sell unregistered securities to the rich and famous. And to the pro's.

You can buy the shares that are offered at an exchange if you are allowed to buy at this exchange by your bank. I never heard that, if you are allowed for one exchange, you cannot buy any share offered there. Maybe its because the bank you work with is the identity owning the shares. So that you arent exposed as a foreigner. If thats the case then a bitcoin bank could circumvent these restrictions too.

Otherwise, lets say Austria is making a law that Google has to apply to their rules if an austrian owns a google share then Google has to follow everything Austria wants to? For example a certain amount of money that the security has to held liquid for each share in total? So you think google has to follow this? Sorry, but that doesnt make sense to me. It would make sense if google would try to offer their shares in an austrian stock exchange, if there is one.
Thats not convincing for me yet.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
seems like it will be paid, it is already in LC's CS wallet. I think it might be the highest dividend yet, but still no way to verify hashrate
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Who is ready for another missed dividend.
legendary
Im not so sure...

Of course you are not sure, because you still havent bothered to read the regulations, have you?

that would mean that every security has to get a licencse from every country because from every country a buyer could come.

Buyers dont just "come". The key is were you are targeting the sales. Those markets are the ones where you have to be registered. For online sales, Ive posted what is considered targeting by US and HK governments. IN short, if you dont actively try to block investors from those countries, you are considered targeting them.

If a security is only traded at a german stock exchange then a us-citizen could easily buy shares at this german stock exchange.

Nonsense. The stock exchange knows your identity and nationality and will prevent you from buying securities that are not registered in your country. They must do that to comply with their license.

Note that Im only talking about "unsophisticated" investors here. You and me. You are allowed to sell unregistered securities to the rich and famous. And to the pro's.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
I remember that german stocks that wanted to find their fortune in USA-exchanges not always did well. Though they couldnt get out of the us. Because they are bound to us-law as long as a us-citizen owned a share bought from that usa-venture. Though... usa-citizens could easily buy german securities before too... at german exchanges. That did not lead to these stocks falling under US-Rules. Only when they were traded on their exchanges.
So now this reminds me on the ongoing question. If a us-citizen is buying stocks at a german exchange and this doesnt mean the security falls under us-law then. So why should this be different for a chinese exchange then?

You are confusing at least two thing; the stock exchange and the security itself. In order to attract US investors without violating US security laws, both the exchange and the security would need to be licensed/registered with the SEC.

If the security is not registered with the SEC, the stock exchange should not allow (unsophisticated) US investors to invest in it. IF the stock exchange is not licensed by the SEC, they should not allow US investors to use their services at all.

It seems very unlikely to me a German stock exchange would not have gotten an SEC license, so most likely they can operate on the US market.  OTOH it seems very plausible that some (german) securities were not registered with the SEC, and only targeted at German or EU investors.

Im not so sure... that would mean that every security has to get a licencse from every country because from every country a buyer could come. If a security is only traded at a german stock exchange then a us-citizen could easily buy shares at this german stock exchange. But the problems the securities had only were that they could get away from us-rules once they offered their shares at us stock exchanges. Because as long as one us citizen still owns a share from that security at this us stock exchange this german security is bound to us regulations. That means to me that they are not bound to it as long as they dont offer it at the us stock exchanges. Since before they do this every us citizen could still buy that share.

It was kind of a gold rush to go on us- stock exchanges though the results werent as good as they wanted often. But like i said... they cant make this unhappen anymore then.

So i guess the difference is where you offer the share. A .com website might be a risk already since it could be seen as a usa domain. A owner in the us might be a risk too. But a owner in china with a chinese website might be out of it. He doesnt target us-citizens especially. So if someone still is coming it cant lead to having to follow every other countries rules. I wonder what strange rules some countries could have then...
Fabrizios genius marketing at work. Hire massage parlor hookers to stand on the streets with Zopo phones. Lol

http://www.zopomobiles.in/Zopo-Hong-Kong-Launch-pid-10856.html
legendary
I remember that german stocks that wanted to find their fortune in USA-exchanges not always did well. Though they couldnt get out of the us. Because they are bound to us-law as long as a us-citizen owned a share bought from that usa-venture. Though... usa-citizens could easily buy german securities before too... at german exchanges. That did not lead to these stocks falling under US-Rules. Only when they were traded on their exchanges.
So now this reminds me on the ongoing question. If a us-citizen is buying stocks at a german exchange and this doesnt mean the security falls under us-law then. So why should this be different for a chinese exchange then?

You are confusing at least two thing; the stock exchange and the security itself. In order to attract US investors without violating US security laws, both the exchange and the security would need to be licensed/registered with the SEC.

If the security is not registered with the SEC, the stock exchange should not allow (unsophisticated) US investors to invest in it. IF the stock exchange is not licensed by the SEC, they should not allow US investors to use their services at all.

It seems very unlikely to me a German stock exchange would not have gotten an SEC license, so most likely they can operate on the US market.  OTOH it seems very plausible that some (german) securities were not registered with the SEC, and only targeted at German or EU investors.
Pages:
Jump to: