Pages:
Author

Topic: [CRYPTOSTOCKS] Labcoin Official Thread - Self-Moderated - page 48. (Read 96854 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
This is gonna get ugly

SFC is getting involved

Sell while young still can

Hopefully it will get ugly for the scammers. As an investor, you have little to fear from the SFC, although in all likelihood, also little to look forward to.

Friedcat stated something interesting:

Blockchain-based exchange out of pre-alpha (whether to migrate whole ASICMiner database is still a serious debating topic).

Though its open what that really means.

It means colored coins. I dont like it, its a neat concept but if its integrated in the bitcoin blockchain, its putting bitcoin itself at risk IMO.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
This is gonna get ugly

SFC is getting involved

Sell while young still can
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Looks like we got a div today finally... though its lower than 2 days.

looks like he decreased hash.  sam most likely got medical problem, some personality lackness, i bet on it.

Well, if the numbers are correct, then the dividend per share went up so, in theory, LC hashed more..

I doubt that a bit since they paid so late. They paid 11 hours earlier the day the last days. Time to earn more bitcoins in these hours.

Puppet... till now no one feared the chinese government because of selling shares. btcgarden only closed because of the risks involved with chinese crowdfunding, as far as i know. And friedcat always checked out such potential legal risks to Asicminer. I mean it would be pretty stupid to risk all his income. So if you now start to generally question the legality then why not start at bitcoins? Its still a gray area and governments would have any right to forbid bitcoins. That happened with many regional currencies before often too.

So far i trust friedcat more than your legal advice in a anyway legal gray area.

Of course once colored coins get used, that may change, if these colored coins represent securities, that has the potential to threaten bitcoin

Agreed, if they use the blockchain to represent colored coins/securities, it will give them ammo to go after the entire Bitcoin protocol. Or if Ken creates an alt coin, then the exchange it's hosted on would be targeted.

These solutions are a step ahead right now, but only one step.

Friedcat stated something interesting:

Blockchain-based exchange out of pre-alpha (whether to migrate whole ASICMiner database is still a serious debating topic).

Though its open what that really means.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
Puppet... till now no one feared the chinese government because of selling shares. btcgarden only closed because of the risks involved with chinese crowdfunding, as far as i know. And friedcat always checked out such potential legal risks to Asicminer. I mean it would be pretty stupid to risk all his income. So if you now start to generally question the legality then why not start at bitcoins? Its still a gray area and governments would have any right to forbid bitcoins. That happened with many regional currencies before often too.

So far i trust friedcat more than your legal advice in a anyway legal gray area.

Of course once colored coins get used, that may change, if these colored coins represent securities, that has the potential to threaten bitcoin

Agreed, if they use the blockchain to represent colored coins/securities, it will give them ammo to go after the entire Bitcoin protocol. Or if Ken creates an alt coin, then the exchange it's hosted on would be targeted.

These solutions are a step ahead right now, but only one step.
Activity: 766
Merit: 250

looks like he decreased hash.  sam most likely got medical problem, some personality lackness, i bet on it.

Well, if the numbers are correct, then the dividend per share went up so, in theory, LC hashed more..
legendary

He gave up deleting posts here (it was quite the work though) and posting images. The ghash.io public account isnt available either.
If things dont move soon, be it answers, pictures or growing hashrate ill connect with NineLive and stock up his budget for the PI.
Activity: 242

legendary
Activity: 560
in other news a dividend of 16.75BTC was paid, maybe this was due to down time, or maybe they increased hash. With Sam who knows! Still awaiting magical hash.io guest account
legendary

I did not start just now, Ive warned of this when GLBSE opened its doors. Its always been just a matter of time, the laws are completely unambiguous when it comes to trading unregistered securities. At the latest I would have expected people to open their eyes when Pirate was charged for selling unregistered and fraudulent securities.

As for bitcoin itself, I dont see anything clearly illegal about that. There is some faint doubt as to whether or not mining in the US could be considered money transmission and fall under those regulations, but that seems like a stretch to me and no one expects that to be enforced.

Of course once colored coins get used, that may change, if these colored coins represent securities, that has the potential to threaten bitcoin, but the prime risk always has been and always will be issuing and selling of unregistered assets. Thats true for Asicminer just as well, if he is selling to US (EU, Japan, whatever) investors and taking no measures to prevent that, he is breaking US (EU,..)  security regulations. Clearly, exchanges will be the target of SEC and similar regulators first, so I dont expect any action against asicminer, but if you ever feel duped, you have a legal slam dunk case.

btw, for the record: buying unregistered securities is not against the law, in case you wondered.
legendary

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
sam, we've been waiting. it's almost end of oct when you "reassured" us that labcoin was undervalued and we would be surprised. can you come back and let us know the state of affairs. it's looking worse by the day and you logging in and saying nothing DOESNT help.
legendary
Please get your facts straight before claiming to know anything. US-Law is not World-Law. Asicminer was only illegal in china as long as they didnt paid the investment back to the shareholders. They did so now are they legal.
And if its illegal to sell shares to US-Citizens doesnt care me either. Iam no US-Citizen so its a legal security. So let me see the try of the USA to threaten a chinese security run by chinese persons.

Oh man, how often does one have to explain this? US law applies to the US market. A chinese selling stock in a Lebanese company through an unlicensed exchange based in Malta and hosted in Belize *is* breaking US security laws if those stocks are readily available to US investors. Why do you think BSTCT closed its doors? Why do you think BF doesnt want US investors?

Now, here is the clue.  In the above sentence replace "US" with any other civilized country in the world you want, and the same applies. Didnt I just quote the relevant part that concerns Hong Kong's SFC ? You want me to dig up the same laws for EU countries? Japan? Russia? The essence is identical everywhere. Well, who knows,  maybe not in Nauru, but since these securities are offered on all other markets too, that doesnt change a bloody thing other than that the Nauru government may not care.
Activity: 210
Asicminer is not illegal anymore in china since they paid the investments back.

Yeah because we all know selling unregistered securities is legal when they are profitable and illegal when they are not. Thats what the law says.

Please get your facts straight before claiming to know anything. US-Law is not World-Law. Asicminer was only illegal in china as long as they didnt paid the investment back to the shareholders. They did so now are they legal.
And if its illegal to sell shares to US-Citizens doesnt care me either. Iam no US-Citizen so its a legal security. So let me see the try of the USA to threaten a chinese security run by chinese persons.
*sigh*

It's worth considering that these "shares" were offered on a US-based unlicensed exchange to US persons, making the entire enterprise fraud in the eyes of US regulators, and putting it under SEC jurisdiction.  Unpleasant, but that's how it is.
legendary
Asicminer is not illegal anymore in china since they paid the investments back.

Yeah because we all know selling unregistered securities is legal when they are profitable and illegal when they are not. Thats what the law says.

*sigh*
Activity: 420
This thread is reserved for official communication only. We want to avoid the noise. If you want to rant, please do so in the other thread as usual.

Silence and/or vague promises is no longer an effective strategy, Sam.

The only hope of recovering this situation is to produce a full and open account of exactly where things stand, and to do so immediately.

A detailed response of where every BTC has gone, proof of your ID, photos of the hashers, and an exact, detailed roadmap forward.

This is not something where a few sentences with promises for more in the future is going to work.  If you need to take time off from your day job, then do it.  This is pretty much the last chance to save this operation.

I know you were hoping that paying dividends would silence your critics.  It hasn't worked.  That strategy is no long a possibility.

The only successful path forward involves full openness.

Activity: 896
Merit: 102
Again, a refund of "remaining" BTC is not sufficient.

We have no record whatsoever of any money being spent, so the the only safe assumption is that any "missing" money has merely been relocated to another wallet under Fabrzio's control.

Thus the only satisfactory refund would be of all 7000 BTC.

As we also have no record indicating the company has been transfered to a "Sam Noi", it's still Fabrizio Tatti who is responsible for this 7000 BTC sum.

Remaining accounted for BTC. They have to show documented amounts that were spent and on what, if they cant then the full amount. At least my understanding. But they will never be able to refund 7000btc if they spent some already.
Activity: 210
Get a clue. *ALL* those bitcoin denominated securities are illegal. Even asicminer. This has been argued and proven ad nauseam in the relevant stock exchange threads. You dont need any kind of investigation to establish that, the fact they were selling unregistered securities to unsophisticated investors makes it a violation of security regulation in just about any civilized country on this planet, regardless of where labcoin is headquartered (if anywhere) and regardless of where the exchange operates from.

You are correct but bitcoin as a digital product is NOT illegal yet..  Deception and to per-mediate a scam is illegal no matter what the goods are.  I've already looked into this.  

It's slightly more complicated.  Unregistered securities & unlicensed exchanges ARE illegal in US, so an analogy would be you buying dope & getting ripped off.  Sort-a a gray area...

not really .. in the case of Trendon shavers pyramid scheme.. the SEC put out a warrant on him because there was an expectation from participants that they were investing real money. even though everybody paid using bitcoins. I doubt the hongkong investment laws would be any different.. a scam is a scam is a scam .. regardless of whether they are trading in virtual goods, fake goods.. or real goods some retail investors will suffer real financial hardship therefore causing the the case to fall under the jurisdiction of the relevant securities authority.

Yeah.  My drug deal analogy holds.  The dealer gets to ride in the party van, but the buyer still doesn't get his money back. Or, rather, he may or may not, depending on the mood of the clowns in the van.

The clowns are capricious, picking and choosing amongst the multitude of laws which are simultaneously run afoul of here.  They often wish to chat with the parties involved, and peruse their financials -- something which may not be attractive to everyone.  Something along those lines.

Activity: 350
ya it's almost the end of october. we were promised real things by sam. he needs to deliver, prove it and communicate. i think patience is about to run out for most people

+1

I think we have run out of patience already. Let's move forward and take some kind of action.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
ya it's almost the end of october. we were promised real things by sam. he needs to deliver, prove it and communicate. i think patience is about to run out for most people
Pages:
Jump to: