Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptsy Prime Controller Destroy or Distribute - page 6. (Read 4705 times)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Cryptsy doesn't have to do any of this, but they are.  They are asking people voice there opinion with the vote.  They could just as easily say FU, we run our business our way.  I don't have any reason to believe that Cryptsy would be engaged with Homero in a scam.  How about voting and letting it play out.  If you don't want to trade there due to this, then go trade somewhere else.  

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
@Bit_John
Destroy the controller, delist XPY, sever all ties to GAW (make this clear publicly as it looks like cryptsy and GAW are in bed with each other at the moment even if that's not true) and apologize to the cryptocurrency community for giving legitimacy to this pile of shit. If you're lucky you may be able to save your position in the community but I'm certainly never going to trade on cryptsy ever again. I suggest doing this soon also because the longer you let it drag on the more damage is being done to your image, it's not like there isn't other good exchanges who could fill your position in a heartbeat.

TL;DR Don't attach a toxic brand and coin to your business and alienate your customer base, it's not good for business.

It is very likely the coins will be destroyed, I am leaning towards the delisting though not my decision, I absolutely denounce the actions that Garza and any compatriots are accused of. Like I have stated my only intention at this point is to make sure Cryptsy customers interests are supported since that is my #1 job.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I respect your opinion though the poll so far trends in your direction so not sure why you don't like it.
I don't like it because you don't need a poll if your moral compass was properly calibrated to begin with.

Fair enough still its likely to trend in the direction your suggesting so not worth arguing over.

It's worth arguing over as long as you don't delist paycoin.
Maybe you can also answer this question, John: Why was XPY listed in the USD market in the first place? Did cryptsy get paid for that?
@Bit_John
I respect your opinion though the poll so far trends in your direction so not sure why you don't like it.
I don't like it because you don't need a poll if your moral compass was properly calibrated to begin with.

Fair enough still its likely to trend in the direction your suggesting so not worth arguing over.
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
BUY BUY CELL CELL
Destroy the controller, delist XPY, sever all ties to GAW (make this clear publicly as it looks like cryptsy and GAW are in bed with each other at the moment even if that's not true) and apologize to the cryptocurrency community for giving legitimacy to this pile of shit. If you're lucky you may be able to save your position in the community but I'm certainly never going to trade on cryptsy ever again. I suggest doing this soon because the longer you let it drag on the more damage is being done to your image, it's not like there isn't other good exchanges who could fill your position in a heartbeat.

TL;DR Don't attach a toxic brand and coin to your business and alienate your customer base, it's not good for business.
legendary

The issue at hand now is that the XPY blockchain is in the wild and there are other folks "bagholders" if you will who will be adversely affected. These folk are our primary consideration at this time.

No, John, the issue at hand now for you is that Cryptsy can not be trusted - as long as you are supporting this scamcoin. You got the stink of Josh Garza all over you and it will be hard enough to get off already even if you delist the coin now. As for the XPY bagholders: Are you one of those, too? Did Garza pay you in XPY? Or why are you so worried about them? Pro tip: If Cryptsy delists Paycoin, the bagholders can still buy cool stuff on Coinstand or trade on Mineral - I hear they are both growing extremely fast, like all the amazing projects in the paycoin universe.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
@Bit_John
Activity: 406
I am taking a poll to decide the fate of the Cryptsy Prime Controller. Why a poll? Because though a few outspoken forum members wish us to destroy it we would like to be sure that the majority feel this should be the fate.

Some members felt that we should also de-list the coin due to Mr Garza's involvement. At this point it is my opinion that the only people affected by such a move would be the current stakeholders who would lose a large amount of value in their holdings. So at this time a de-listing is unlikely.

To reiterate the only dealings Cryptsy has had with Mr Garza was as a customer. There was no formal relationship. I can assure you all legal steps taken in regard to that situation have been taken. Most of you realize we cannot release more information than that for legal reasons.

We will leave the poll up for a week or two. Thanks for your participation.

Click Here to vote

"No formal relationship" - You mean aside from the fact that Cryptsy CTO was apparently BFF's with Josh Garza and talked about "cupping his balls" all the time?

Ill have to look but I do not believe Marshall was the CTO at that time he has recently joined the company. Bryant was our CTO when we added XPY.

So it is not at all concerning to you that Marshall Long has a pre-existing close relationship with a known scammer/tax evader/money launderer???

Not really my lane as far as hiring though the "close" relationship aspect does not show collusion. Many in this community, and this forum spoke with MagicalTux (Knaples) only to later learn he was not a good person. If we knew at the time that XPY would turn into such a catastrophe we would not have carried it. At this point however the harm would be to the folks that he fleeced not the suspect himself. So who do you want punished?

Well, there's an easy way to help mitigate the damages that Cryptsy has played an integral part in: DELIST THE FUCKING COIN. If you do not do this, you might as well paint a big red fucking target on Cryptsy for all the alphabet agencies to fixate on, and as far as I'm concerned you will be complicit in any future criminal acts that Josh Garza commits (ignoring for the moment that Cryptsy has apparently aided and abetted money laundering for Josh's operation for quite some time). Why is this even a discussion for you? Can you not see how bad this makes your company look???

Again de-listing the coin only harms the current stakeholders not the individual you want to hurt. It is also listed at other exchanges. As far as the complicit I have already stated we took the appropriate and only legal action we are allowed to take in regards to that situation.

On another note: I have not spoken to the boss in regards to de-listing if it wins the poll we will have a serious discussion on that matter.

John, I appreciate the fact that you are responding. I hope that you will take these concerns very seriously. The ship has sailed for the XPY bagholders. They already lost like 90+% of their investments. This is about crippling Josh Garza's ongoing scam operations and ensuring that this disaster comes to a close. This coin will never lose the taint of Josh Garza, no matter how many hillbilly priests take over the coin and anoint it with holy water. If you want to do the right thing, the right thing is: delist (coin), destroy (prime controller), denounce (Josh and GAW). To do anything else is folly. 

You make some great points and I appreciate the candid discussion. Probably one of the better written responses I have seen Smiley I think you will get the majority if not all of those requests. I just want the folks to be able to get in their 2 cents before we make a unilateral move that may affect the bagholders.

One of the reasons we generally don't de-list coins is we feel that removing even a horribly performing coin is bad for the customer so we keep them. I think de-listing coins perpetuates the pump and dump mentality.

I can't speak for my other compadres on BTCtalk, but I will patiently await Cryptsy's decision. Please impress upon your colleagues that this is a monumental decision, and your company's reputation hangs in the balance. I'm not being hyperbolic. Past transgressions notwithstanding, it's time for Cryptsy to decide where they stand and make a very public, completely unequivocal announcement indicating this decision.  

@Bit_John
Does your cto still owe Homero a handjob?

One of the reasons we generally don't de-list coins is we feel that removing even a horribly performing coin is bad for the customer so we keep them. I think de-listing coins perpetuates the pump and dump mentality.

Paycoin is not a "horribly performing coin", it's a scam. Angry  

I would need to create a sock puppet to accurately respond to these two. Obviously I can only respond in an official capacity... But let me give it a shot.

We do not condone sexual favors

The issue at hand now is that the XPY blockchain is in the wild and there are other folks "bagholders" if you will who will be adversely affected. These folk are our primary consideration at this time.

Activity: 444
Delisting XPY is the only right thing to do. As for the PC, destroy it if technically possible. Returning it is the second choice.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
legendary

@Bit_John
I am taking a poll to decide the fate of the Cryptsy Prime Controller. Why a poll? Because though a few outspoken forum members wish us to destroy it we would like to be sure that the majority feel this should be the fate.

Some members felt that we should also de-list the coin due to Mr Garza's involvement. At this point it is my opinion that the only people affected by such a move would be the current stakeholders who would lose a large amount of value in their holdings. So at this time a de-listing is unlikely.

To reiterate the only dealings Cryptsy has had with Mr Garza was as a customer. There was no formal relationship. I can assure you all legal steps taken in regard to that situation have been taken. Most of you realize we cannot release more information than that for legal reasons.

Click Here to vote

"No formal relationship" - You mean aside from the fact that Cryptsy CTO was apparently BFF's with Josh Garza and talked about "cupping his balls" all the time?

Ill have to look but I do not believe Marshall was the CTO at that time he has recently joined the company. Bryant was our CTO when we added XPY.

So it is not at all concerning to you that Marshall Long has a pre-existing close relationship with a known scammer/tax evader/money launderer???

Not really my lane as far as hiring though the "close" relationship aspect does not show collusion. Many in this community, and this forum spoke with MagicalTux (Knaples) only to later learn he was not a good person. If we knew at the time that XPY would turn into such a catastrophe we would not have carried it. At this point however the harm would be to the folks that he fleeced not the suspect himself. So who do you want punished?

Well, there's an easy way to help mitigate the damages that Cryptsy has played an integral part in: DELIST THE FUCKING COIN. If you do not do this, you might as well paint a big red fucking target on Cryptsy for all the alphabet agencies to fixate on, and as far as I'm concerned you will be complicit in any future criminal acts that Josh Garza commits (ignoring for the moment that Cryptsy has apparently aided and abetted money laundering for Josh's operation for quite some time). Why is this even a discussion for you? Can you not see how bad this makes your company look???

Again de-listing the coin only harms the current stakeholders not the individual you want to hurt. It is also listed at other exchanges. As far as the complicit I have already stated we took the appropriate and only legal action we are allowed to take in regards to that situation.

On another note: I have not spoken to the boss in regards to de-listing if it wins the poll we will have a serious discussion on that matter.

John, I appreciate the fact that you are responding. I hope that you will take these concerns very seriously. The ship has sailed for the XPY bagholders. They already lost like 90+% of their investments. This is about crippling Josh Garza's ongoing scam operations and ensuring that this disaster comes to a close. This coin will never lose the taint of Josh Garza, no matter how many hillbilly priests take over the coin and anoint it with holy water. If you want to do the right thing, the right thing is: delist (coin), destroy (prime controller), denounce (Josh and GAW). To do anything else is folly. 

You make some great points and I appreciate the candid discussion. Probably one of the better written responses I have seen Smiley I think you will get the majority if not all of those requests. I just want the folks to be able to get in their 2 cents before we make a unilateral move that may affect the bagholders.

Activity: 406

Click Here to vote

@Bit_John

Click Here to vote

legendary

+1
legendary
So who do you want punished?

I don't want Cryptsy "punished", I want Cryptsy to stop trading XPY, which is a 97% premined scamcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: