Pages:
Author

Topic: Custom RAM Timings for GPU's with GDDR5 - DOWNLOAD LINKS - UPDATED - page 16. (Read 155485 times)

Activity: 2506
Merit: 319
Okay, Elpida is, hands down for me, the worst memory there is. Doing a STABLE and FAST memory strap for XMR is harder than getting a girlfriend for a virgin nerd sucker.

Even the free strap, which was found here (with little changes to RP/TRFC and TRCDR), it still crashes, while giving measly 840h/s.

840 is huge for elpida Cheesy

Activity: 194
Merit: 4
Okay, Elpida is, hands down for me, the worst memory there is. Doing a STABLE and FAST memory strap for XMR is harder than getting a girlfriend for a virgin nerd sucker.

Even the free strap, which was found here (with little changes to RP/TRFC and TRCDR), it still crashes, while giving measly 840h/s.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
is your tool fully automated, like is it recognizing the controller and using the correct registers, or you still have to do this by hand editing ?

The wolfamdvolt/ohgodavolt? Full automation - it dynamically opens up the I2C interface of each GPU and runs a detect function for every supported VRM, which will find it if it's there. Once found, that VRM's functions are used to get/set shit as requested.

that is awesome  Cool

All you need is knowledge and proper motivation Cheesy

Or some coin and ability to explain what you want done  Wink

I2C seems simple enough, maybe I could dedicate one GPU for experimenting...but learning low level programming
on x86 could pose problem, didn't do that since Z80/6502 days

I2C can't be DIRECTLY accessed, though... :3
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Do the thing and you'll have the power.
I'm modding a bios for someone(RX580 8GB Hynix) i noticed the bios doesnt have any mem straps above 1500?? why is this and how can I mod it?
Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner
Explain, please, how can I save original bios (aka atiflash in win), modify timings (aka polarisbioseditor in win) and flash a new bios to card (aka atiflash in win) in ubuntu server, without gui?
You might flash the bios without gui, but there's obviously no way to edit the timings since you need a gui software for that. You'll need to find a windows machine to do that.

No you don't - PBE is shit anyways.
Explain, please, how to modify bios in linux?

Simple...fire up Emacs, write program for flashing BIOS in GCC, run GCC to compile it,
and there you go, you have bios flasher. You can even sell it for fame and profit
None of it will work though unless you'll have a huge wallpaper with weird half-animals/half-humans with their genitals exposed. The wallpaper should be visible at all times whenever you do that linux stuff. So keep the working windows as small as you can cause the genitals are the key here and should not be obscured by any software nonsense.

Grin Grin Grin
You sir made my day.

I will actually google a wallpaper like that and put that in my monitor - maybe the Gods of four-legged creatures will bestow their prowess on me and i would be able to write my own bios flasher for all and any type of OSes and cards.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
and the current results are Huh pretty interesting.
Activity: 215
Explain, please, how can I save original bios (aka atiflash in win), modify timings (aka polarisbioseditor in win) and flash a new bios to card (aka atiflash in win) in ubuntu server, without gui?
You might flash the bios without gui, but there's obviously no way to edit the timings since you need a gui software for that. You'll need to find a windows machine to do that.

Simple...fire up Emacs, write program for flashing BIOS in GCC, run GCC to compile it,
and there you go, you have bios flasher. You can even sell it for fame and profit
None of it will work though unless you'll have a huge wallpaper with weird half-animals/half-humans with their genitals exposed. The wallpaper should be visible at all times whenever you do that linux stuff. So keep the working windows as small as you can cause the genitals are the key here and should not be obscured by any software nonsense.
I think i have seen that before. And yes, it work just fine. Akakakakakakkakakakaka.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

It was only the wind.
is your tool fully automated, like is it recognizing the controller and using the correct registers, or you still have to do this by hand editing ?

The wolfamdvolt/ohgodavolt? Full automation - it dynamically opens up the I2C interface of each GPU and runs a detect function for every supported VRM, which will find it if it's there. Once found, that VRM's functions are used to get/set shit as requested.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 319

Activity: 213

It was only the wind.
700$ for a bios mod? LOL
The worst part is that I want to buy it for a while but it does not answer me how can I buy

If you sent an actually informative PM/post, like what exactly you needed (on the site, it shows either timings or voltage work) and on what VBIOSes, I would answer. But you want to make me drag the info out of you; the site is still clear - http://ohgodagirl.com/vbios
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
right, usual way is to atiflash -s (save) the bios, edit it wil polarisbioseditor or srbpolaris on a windows computer, and flash it atiflash -p (flash) on linux, reboot and test.
there is also ohgodatool which can edit some properties from commandline. I never tested.

That's not the only one.  If you read all of this thread you'll find this:
https://github.com/niko2004x/atom_timing_editor
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Thanks guys!
For rx580 I might use both version from here http://bios.ethosdistro.com/atiflash-linux/? They are identical?
Check, but I never found a different binary for linux.
I would like to find the source code.
It was only the wind.
700$ for a bios mod? LOL

The amount of business means that if anything, it's a bit low. It's not meant for people who apply it to one rig, but rather those with loads.
Thanks guys!
For rx580 I might use both version from here http://bios.ethosdistro.com/atiflash-linux/? They are identical?
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
right, usual way is to atiflash -s (save) the bios, edit it wil polarisbioseditor or srbpolaris on a windows computer, and flash it atiflash -p (flash) on linux, reboot and test.
there is also ohgodatool which can edit some properties from commandline. I never tested.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
Pages:
Jump to: