Pages:
Author

Topic: Daily use of bitcoin? - page 16. (Read 42430 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
April 08, 2017, 07:15:31 PM
I think it is accepted all over the world in online world and there is no any place where it is not accepted for online shopping. Only some stores do not have adopted bitcoin yet but they will also start to use bitcoin for their online purchases to benefit from bitcoin.

Not sure where you get your information from, but the far, far majority of the merchants don't offer a Bitcoin payment option, and I don't see this change anytime soon. Mainly because of the fact that Bitcoin for a large part is still uknown to people and thus merchants, and a severe form of misunderstanding of the risks regarding the volatility. If I was you, I would do a reality check....
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
April 08, 2017, 06:38:50 PM
It's not that popular online. Like as in online shops. Just try and see how many online shops that accept bitcoin you can find. I mean the list is growing by the day but still bitcoin payments are still in their infancy. But still, from what I can see things are looking up, slowly but surely.
I think the online store will not be used every day. you can not be spending then always pay the shipping costs continually, perhaps if it had been a lot of offline stores that accept bitcoin we could use bitcoin everyday

Even if it's not popular with online stores in your jurisdiction I believe with time as more people get on board it will gain popularity online too. Secondly, it needn't have to be used online alone but can interchangeably be used for both online and physical shops without any cause for alarm.

Actually, if now mostly people can't use the bitcoin on online, Because in every country are not accepting the bitcoin from online, and i see mostly people prefer to save and hold the bitcoin instead of using it online shops.
I think it is accepted all over the world in online world and there is no any place where it is not accepted for online shopping. Only some stores do not have adopted bitcoin yet but they will also start to use bitcoin for their online purchases to benefit from bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
April 08, 2017, 06:04:03 PM
It's not that popular online. Like as in online shops. Just try and see how many online shops that accept bitcoin you can find. I mean the list is growing by the day but still bitcoin payments are still in their infancy. But still, from what I can see things are looking up, slowly but surely.
I think the online store will not be used every day. you can not be spending then always pay the shipping costs continually, perhaps if it had been a lot of offline stores that accept bitcoin we could use bitcoin everyday
It will take some time for offline stores to start accepting bitcoin but still I like to shop from online shop because I do not need to go outside of my home to shop and I do not need to go abroad if I need to buy an imported good. I can shop from all over the world from my home.

Problem is that people have no incentive to spend their coins on local level. Especially when you consider that payment services that are being used will require proper fees to be included in order to accept it, and allow people to buy stuff without needing to wait for 1 confirmation. Important to note is that it can only be done with relatively low amounts which I believe to be $25-$30 at most. For amounts higher than that you'll need to wait for that confirmation. Do you already see yourself buy something for $50 in Bitcoin and wait around 20-30 minutes before you can walk out? I don't think so.
Activity: 798
April 08, 2017, 05:10:23 PM
It will take some time for offline stores to start accepting bitcoin but still I like to shop from online shop because I do not need to go outside of my home to shop and I do not need to go abroad if I need to buy an imported good. I can shop from all over the world from my home.
Activity: 840
April 08, 2017, 04:53:16 PM
I hope that Bitcoin will get used by many more people other than us nerds..
Yes, all of comunity think same with you, unfortunately it is not will be easy because there are not many stores accept bitcoin for payment method, right now bitcoin be used for investments usually for trading bitcoin to fiat and trading altcoins to bitcoin and getting profit from trading.
i think bitcoin can be use in our daily life in online shopping because there are many online shop who accepted bitcoin as currency and from there we could easily buy everything from small to large.
bitcoin is really acceptable in online shopping and its already use in our daily life and i hope we can be sooner able to use bitcoin in direct shopping and i heard that some local stores accept bitcoin for direct shopping.

yes and specially in  Brazil thee are dozen of physical which are accepting bitcoin for shopping. in my area still there is not a single shop who are accepting bitcoin but i am very hopeful that very soon i will also be able to use bitcoin for shopping in our local shops.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
April 08, 2017, 02:14:11 PM

Even if it's not popular with online stores in your jurisdiction I believe with time as more people get on board it will gain popularity online too. Secondly, it needn't have to be used online alone but can interchangeably be used for both online and physical shops without any cause for alarm.
yes that is very right, as soon as time pass bitcoin is now becoming more and more popular, as in my country still there are very limited shops where shopkeepers are accepting bitcoin, but i am still hopeful that when the users of bitcoin will increase then the shops who are accepting bitcoin will also increase.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 08, 2017, 12:07:06 PM

Actually, if now mostly people can't use the bitcoin on online, Because in every country are not accepting the bitcoin from online, and i see mostly people prefer to save and hold the bitcoin instead of using it online shops.

Most people prefer to save Bitcoins because the price is constantly increasing, and we are looking for profit on long term, but it doesn't mean we can't spend BTCs sometimes. It's hard to buy things on the internet with Bitcoins, but it's good to hire online services and buy virtual stuff for BTCs, like to buy games, to hire services of designer or any other job you need to be done for you.
Activity: 798
April 08, 2017, 11:34:32 AM

Activity: 756
Merit: 253
April 08, 2017, 09:13:12 AM

legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
April 08, 2017, 03:26:54 AM
Do you pay directly to the Starbucks itself or does it go through a third party? Do they(Starbucks) actually verify your transaction, or is it still done by the regular network? I like the idea, I'm just a little confused. Seems like it might be a little unsafe too.

There's nothing to be confused of, you can pay directly to them, we don't need a third party or an escrow there? When you pay for your groceries you just need to go to the cashier to pay right? It is the same, though there are differences, on paying bitcoin directly, there are also verification of the transaction, though it is very fast and simple All you got to do is open your wallet, the cashier will be letting out their QR code on how much will you pay, you will scan it, and send your payment from your bitcoin address, that quick

This is nowhere near either fast or quick

And this is a difference of kind, not of degree. When you pay with cash, the transaction takes up the amount of time required to count the bills. If you pay with your payment card, the transaction time includes contacting the payment processor (in most cases it will be the bank which issued your payment card) and confirming the transaction. In both cases, it takes no more than a few seconds to get done with. No one is going to wait even a minute to get Bitcoin transaction confirmed. Until there are instant payments via Bitcoin as well, Bitcoin is totally useless in anything which involves immediate payments (e.g. at a cashier's)

This is correct and a good post, fiat (cash & credit) is generally plentiful & expendible. Trying to scale/do fast payments on Bitcoin or anything else that RISES in value over time never worked out.
Why do people not buy coffee with the stocks?
Why do people not buy coffee with their gold?
Why do people not buy coffee with the house?

Scaling can easily be achieved on bitcoin indirectly the same way it works with fiat transactions (fiat scaling = uses 3rd party credit counterparties, Visa, Mastercard), so indirectly scale Bitcoin via 3rd party counterparties

That's the point I often make myself

Though I always refer to Gresham's law myself (or what's its current analogy) in such cases, asserting that it makes no sense to pay with "good" money when you can pay with "bad" money. But people still raise this question claiming that until you can pay with bitcoins in places like Starbucks (I've never been there myself, for the lack of such places in my whereabouts) buying things like a cup of coffee (I don't like coffee anyway), Bitcoin cannot be considered as a full-fledged currency. And, to tell the truth, I mostly agree with them since the term itself ("currency") implies being able to do all these things easily and effortlessly
Activity: 378
Merit: 278
Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair
April 08, 2017, 02:26:55 AM
Do you pay directly to the Starbucks itself or does it go through a third party? Do they(Starbucks) actually verify your transaction, or is it still done by the regular network? I like the idea, I'm just a little confused. Seems like it might be a little unsafe too.

There's nothing to be confused of, you can pay directly to them, we don't need a third party or an escrow there? When you pay for your groceries you just need to go to the cashier to pay right? It is the same, though there are differences, on paying bitcoin directly, there are also verification of the transaction, though it is very fast and simple All you got to do is open your wallet, the cashier will be letting out their QR code on how much will you pay, you will scan it, and send your payment from your bitcoin address, that quick

And this is a difference of kind, not of degree. When you pay with cash, the transaction takes up the amount of time required to count the bills. If you pay with your payment card, the transaction time includes contacting the payment processor (in most cases it will be the bank which issued your payment card) and confirming the transaction. In both cases, it takes no more than a few seconds to get done with. No one is going to wait even a minute to get Bitcoin transaction confirmed. Until there are instant payments via Bitcoin as well, Bitcoin is totally useless in anything which involves immediate payments (e.g. at a cashier's)

This is correct and a good post, fiat (cash & credit) is generally plentiful & expendible. Trying to scale/do fast payments on Bitcoin or anything else that RISES in value over time never worked out.
Why do people not buy coffee with the stocks?
Why do people not buy coffee with their gold?
Why do people not buy coffee with the house?

Scaling can easily be achieved on bitcoin indirectly the same way it works with fiat transactions (fiat scaling = uses 3rd party credit counterparties, Visa, Mastercard), so indirectly scale Bitcoin via 3rd party counterparties.

If anyone reads this and wants to understand the dynamics of Bitcoin and why it is the ultimate store of value asset, please read this post titled: "Hacks & puppets & forks - how to destroy bitcoin" https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hacks-puppets-forks-how-to-destroy-bitcoin-1834310
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
April 08, 2017, 02:10:35 AM

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
April 07, 2017, 03:58:15 PM

There's nothing to be confused of, you can pay directly to them, we don't need a third party or an escrow there? When you pay for your groceries you just need to go to the cashier to pay right? It is the same, though there are differences, on paying bitcoin directly, there are also verification of the transaction, though it is very fast and simple All you got to do is open your wallet, the cashier will be letting out their QR code on how much will you pay, you will scan it, and send your payment from your bitcoin address, that quick.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
April 07, 2017, 03:50:24 PM
Yes, all of comunity think same with you, unfortunately it is not will be easy because there are not many stores accept bitcoin for payment method, right now bitcoin be used for investments usually for trading bitcoin to fiat and trading altcoins to bitcoin and getting profit from trading.
i think bitcoin can be use in our daily life in online shopping because there are many online shop who accepted bitcoin as currency and from there we could easily buy everything from small to large.
bitcoin is really acceptable in online shopping and its already use in our daily life and i hope we can be sooner able to use bitcoin in direct shopping and i heard that some local stores accept bitcoin for direct shopping.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
April 07, 2017, 03:26:53 PM
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024
April 07, 2017, 03:01:04 PM
Bitcoin is popular now so bitcoin enthusiast do offer that services, one click in google and you will find sites that accept bitcoin for an international flight. I'm not into it yet since my budget would not allow me but like you I am also getting the benefits of paying my bills online with bitcoin.
You can find many sites that accept bitcoin as a payment option on the internet, and the day to day store that accepts bitcoin it will be more and more. we can use bitcoin on a daily basis

Today there are many stores accepting bitcoin as one of the payments along with fiat currency, soon I can see there many stores like amazon, eBay etc will also accept bitcoin. I really love to use bitcoins for my personal needs daily, i am waiting for it.
More and more stores, the better for bitcoin users because it will add to the variety and options for spending. moreover would be great if the store in real life accept bitcoin as well it would be a wonderful thing

Time will come for that. Most of us is waiting and wanting to have it in physical store, it is more secure than fiat. Everyone look forward to use bitcoin in daily lives.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
April 07, 2017, 02:54:05 PM

You made me laugh with that "nerds" Hahhaaha  Grin
You know what bitcoin is now getting its track to be known, but there were countries that really do not want to use it and ban it. But for sure things will be fine and everyone will gonna have some access on having it.

Well to be honest, I've still to meet someone who's into bitcoin and hat he's not a student on some IT college or an IT enthusiast. Cheesy

@joeydangerous

It's bound to happen in the near future, a few major businesses have accepted bitcoin as a payment method and if bitcoin had a bigger marketing campaign, tehre would surely be a lot more people using it.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
April 07, 2017, 02:27:10 PM

You made me laugh with that "nerds" Hahhaaha  Grin
You know what bitcoin is now getting its track to be known, but there were countries that really do not want to use it and ban it. But for sure things will be fine and everyone will gonna have some access on having it.
Activity: 672
April 07, 2017, 09:01:55 AM
there should be more merchants that accept bitcoin. there are only a few cities in this world there are many merchants who accept bitcoin as a payment. if we live in the cities that we can use bitcoin for daily needs it will be better. There are more than 50 business in los angeles that accept bitcoin. There are Hair salons, grocers and restorant in los angeles that accept bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
April 06, 2017, 07:51:32 PM
Bitcoin is popular now so bitcoin enthusiast do offer that services, one click in google and you will find sites that accept bitcoin for an international flight. I'm not into it yet since my budget would not allow me but like you I am also getting the benefits of paying my bills online with bitcoin.
You can find many sites that accept bitcoin as a payment option on the internet, and the day to day store that accepts bitcoin it will be more and more. we can use bitcoin on a daily basis

Today there are many stores accepting bitcoin as one of the payments along with fiat currency, soon I can see there many stores like amazon, eBay etc will also accept bitcoin. I really love to use bitcoins for my personal needs daily, i am waiting for it.
More and more stores, the better for bitcoin users because it will add to the variety and options for spending. moreover would be great if the store in real life accept bitcoin as well it would be a wonderful thing
Pages:
Jump to: