Pages:
Author

Topic: Dash Codename Evolution - page 2. (Read 7247 times)

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
November 03, 2015, 04:25:43 PM
"See you in Mexico"
credits : Minotaur

and giving an update about Evolution as we prepare for the Miami keynote.

More pieces of the puzzle there ? Lets hope so...

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-to-speak-and-exhibit-at-the-3rd-latin-american-bitcoin-conference-mexico.6505/

legendary
November 03, 2015, 04:18:00 PM
a few more pieces perhaps of the cryptopuzzle thats called Dash Evolution : http://cointelegraph.com/news/115510/worlds-first-dapi-decentralized-application-programming-interface

CoinTelegraph (CT) caught up with Duffield to ask him to expound on the ideas behind the world's first DAPI.

CT: For those unfamiliar with exactly how an API works – much less how it could be called "centralized" – please explain what an API does.
CT: What functions would Dash's decentralized API – DAPI – be useful for?
CT: How is the randomly selected quorum's data compatible with a competitive Proof-of-Work system?
CT: You've called Dash the first Virtual Corporation. Is a virtual corporation different in nature from the more commonly-used term DAC (Decentralized autonomous company/corporation)?
CT: What else aside from the DAPI can we expect to see over the next few months of the Dash 'Evolution' rollout?

Answers can be found in the article.

Note : Decentralised API (or DAPI) is only part of Dash Evolution

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages
November 03, 2015, 10:09:42 AM
You're sure you don't mean double payment? It's part of the payment calcs that can result in receiving 2 masternode payments in succession. I'm not sure how it got in there, it may have been a harmless bug that got left in or it could have been an intended feature but it can't be gamed and it's a nice surprise for masternode operators, a 1 in 100 chance and it balances out across the network.
Another random bug like the instamine and this one never gets fixed.
Its not a random bug at all, this was predicted by the developers and is merely a facet of the code, you bleated on about the centralization of the reference node and now thats gone, you bleat on about a 1 in 100 chance of a double payment that evens out in time, sounds like you live in a perfect world which unfortunately the rest of us don't coexist in.
The randomness protects against hacking, and if you ran a masternode you would know it doesn't matter because all the payments balance out in the end, so its not relevent to the masternode holders but only to people like you for some reason.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
October 25, 2015, 04:50:32 PM
You're sure you don't mean double payment? It's part of the payment calcs that can result in receiving 2 masternode payments in succession. I'm not sure how it got in there, it may have been a harmless bug that got left in or it could have been an intended feature but it can't be gamed and it's a nice surprise for masternode operators, a 1 in 100 chance and it balances out across the network.

Another random bug like the instamine and this one never gets fixed.

I would have to study the code before I could determine whether it can be gamed. I will not take your nor Evan's word for it.

Sorry I just have a hard time buying into these sort of denials. Why wouldn't you users demand full investigation and disclosure. Why not hire an independent programmer to go do the research. I think because you don't really want to know.

And so it is not my place to tell you otherwise. Carry on. And I won't reply if you don't reply Smiley

https://www.dashpay.io/masternodes2/

legendary
October 25, 2015, 01:32:32 PM
Credits to @alex-ru Productions:
Credits to tungfa

"See you in Miami"

legendary
October 25, 2015, 07:53:16 AM
theres lots of sites which wear the dark coin and this implementation of dash its like a new coin no i mean every wallert of dark will remain dark and dash can be traded no and mined soo nice...

Thats true, its still very much mineable with GPU's and Dash itself does what it set out to do : provide fast and anonymous transactions.
Evolution (v13) seems to be moving parts of the current core functions to protocol level, it will be interesting to see where that all leads to. 
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 25, 2015, 07:42:05 AM
theres lots of sites which wear the dark coin and this implementation of dash its like a new coin no i mean every wallert of dark will remain dark and dash can be traded no and mined soo nice...
legendary
October 25, 2015, 07:40:32 AM
I don't understand how you calculate the ROI to 50% on a masternode?  At most, if I catch good blocks, I'll see 18% this year...

It was a table published by Evan recently. I believe it required some months of vesting to reach that level and apparently there are two levels with one of the level is double ROI the other and I've read some debate in this thread about how those who get the doubled rate is some mystery and could probably be gamed by those who control the other masternodes. I let the non-dumb investor figure out on their own, the obvious implication.

Just want to be fair and let others know that Dash discussion leaked into another thread about regulation of "investment securities":

LOL, that was a leak, eh?  LOL.

Leak meaning seeping from this thread into the other thread, not meaning a leak of secret information.

we call it the lottery  Grin So we either get the lottery or we get a few extra days of waiting on MN payments .. both are rare occurrences.
October 25, 2015, 07:19:08 AM
I don't understand how you calculate the ROI to 50% on a masternode?  At most, if I catch good blocks, I'll see 18% this year...

It was a table published by Evan recently. I believe it required some months of vesting to reach that level and apparently there are two levels with one of the level is double ROI the other and I've read some debate in this thread about how those who get the doubled rate is some mystery and could probably be gamed by those who control the other masternodes. I let the non-dumb investor figure out on their own, the obvious implication.

Just want to be fair and let others know that Dash discussion leaked into another thread about regulation of "investment securities":

LOL, that was a leak, eh?  LOL.

Leak meaning seeping from this thread into the other thread, not meaning a leak of secret information.
legendary
October 25, 2015, 04:45:57 AM
More details about Evolution should be available at the Miami Bitcoin Event 21-22 of January 2016
when Dash is holding a presentation there..

Dash Evolution Demonstration / Phase III
https://dashtalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-19-2015.6429/
We will demonstrate what our new technology is about, how it works and why it’s a huge leap ahead of anything else that exists presently.

till then its just hanging in there, trying to absorb as many hints that get leaked as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
October 25, 2015, 02:37:20 AM
So, now that we all are back on topic .. lets talk about what other parts Dash is planning for "Evolution" as it became clear
that the decentralised API (see screenshot post 1) is only part of Evolution. There were some hints dropped by Evan recentely
when he announced his development update :  https://dashtalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-19-2015.6429/

Technical details of the system are quite impressive alone, which is what we revealed at Bitcoin Wednesday in Amsterdam. However, that’s not really what is going to sell the system. We’re going to compete by making a new type of cryptographic currency that is user-focused.

All components of cryptographic currency are being rethought.This is intended to be a platform that the rest of the world can use without being scared away by all of the complicated cryptography happening behind the scenes. When a transaction comes into your wallet, it will say “Evan sent you 41DASH for Samsung 2005 TV”, not “41DASH from XrWaFt4YY3AevBoZWkmrQEYSAYwiUFodtB”. The later scares away a large percentage of the population, because it looks complex and feels unsafe.

And that there is the most exciting part, IMO.  Also, as I understood it, the wallet will be, basically, always up to date.  So if you save your original wallet, then months later, after using up your addresses many times over, you load that saved wallet, it will update somehow, with no lost information.  Thus your wallets can be on several devices and always be in sync with each other.  This eliminates one fearful way of losing your money. 
legendary
October 25, 2015, 02:23:42 AM

LOL, that was a leak, eh?  LOL.  Your information is extremely off and highly inflated
legendary
October 25, 2015, 02:20:29 AM

I don't understand how you calculate the ROI to 50% on a masternode?  At most, if I catch good blocks, I'll see 18% this year, and it'll go down from there.  Plus, I have expenses, and time I spend working to keep them up and running and monitoring them.  And that 18% is because there were fewer Masternodes earlier this year, so the ROI then was much better than it is now.  So after expenses and before I "pay myself" you can cut another 6% off the top, and say I net 12%.  I'm also risking that the coins may not hold their value (which lately, they haven't).  But  you're clearly able to read minds so I know you know best Smiley
legendary
October 25, 2015, 01:27:53 AM
So, now that we all are back on topic .. lets talk about what other parts Dash is planning for "Evolution" as it became clear
that the decentralised API (see screenshot post 1) is only part of Evolution. There were some hints dropped by Evan recentely
when he announced his development update :  https://dashtalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-19-2015.6429/

Technical details of the system are quite impressive alone, which is what we revealed at Bitcoin Wednesday in Amsterdam. However, that’s not really what is going to sell the system. We’re going to compete by making a new type of cryptographic currency that is user-focused.

All components of cryptographic currency are being rethought.This is intended to be a platform that the rest of the world can use without being scared away by all of the complicated cryptography happening behind the scenes. When a transaction comes into your wallet, it will say “Evan sent you 41DASH for Samsung 2005 TV”, not “41DASH from XrWaFt4YY3AevBoZWkmrQEYSAYwiUFodtB”. The later scares away a large percentage of the population, because it looks complex and feels unsafe.

October 24, 2015, 07:26:31 PM
Also I conflated issues in my haste. Stan.distortion was raising the issue of unregistered securities law in my thread. Actually in my interpretation of the (at least USA) law, the instamine isn't absolutely necessary to have a violation of that law. Rather there only needs to be that the developers are using funds taken from the common enterprise or shares in it, managing those funds they have received, and the community following them as managers, thus the developers become the backing for the shares providing reasonable expectation of future profits for coin HODLers. This would be the reason Dash and other coins with managing groups are probably in violation of the law (meaning jail time unfortunately for them).

So stan didn't bring the instamine issue to my thread, I replied only that the instamine isn't required to still have a legal problem in my view. My request to stan was not to discuss specific coins but rather just the legal theory, because I didn't want to make the legal theory thread into a flame war between coin proponents. So copied the quoted post over here, so that discussion could be carried on some where else besides my thread and it seemed stan had followed me from this thread to the other one. But really that isn't fair to assume. He just posted in this thread and my other thread.

So my mistake. I conflated. I am just too overloaded. Okay please continue back on topic about the Evolution upgrade coming.
legendary
October 24, 2015, 06:34:20 PM
No problem, lets just all get back to topic.
October 24, 2015, 06:24:57 PM
Just want to be fair and let others know that this thread that has a warning in the first post to stay on topic (highlighted in red no less) is getting raped to pieces.
Please stay on topic or start your own thread guys..

I didn't start the side tangent on the instamine. And one of your own stan.distortion came and posted that to my thread, so it seemed like a continuation of the side thread that was ongoing here. And I urged him to not continue that tangent in my thread (which is focused on general issue of securities regulation and not Dash's specific instamine issue), so I wanted to bring him back here where the discussion started.

Apologies. You know how BTT is. Chaos.
legendary
October 24, 2015, 05:23:48 PM
Just want to be fair and let others know that this thread that has a warning in the first post to stay on topic (highlighted in red no less) is getting raped to pieces.
Please stay on topic or start your own thread guys..

To remind anyone with a short memory problem : topic is "Dash Codename "Evolution"
Could this be achieved ?
How could this be achieved ?

Discuss !

(Dash Evolution is Dash's next major upgrade v13 btw, No ETA yet and no specifics at this point either)

October 24, 2015, 02:47:37 PM
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 24, 2015, 06:16:05 AM
@ Othe

1. Investing 150k USD on BTC & DASH is my own choice + if I was in it for the money only I would've taken that free 14.5k I got from Mintpal scam and would not tell anybody about it.
2. You can read about my posts here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/moolah-scam-on-mintpal-reporting-missing-coins-824211
3. I truly think joining any scam + promoting scam + paying to troll like XMR doing is not my thing I prefer to have peace in mind and ask God to keep me healthy because doing bad/harming others only comes back to you.
3. Instead of telling everyone else how bad of choice you made and preaching about ur own coin in this case XMR why wouldn't XMR developers work hard into developing their coin instead think of someone like me who can afford that much $$ to enter XMR it will take ur price from 0.0014 btc/ 0.34$ to at least .004BTC, and yes I buy straight up I don't put buy walls.
4. Notice that since October 2014 Dash reached way above the 0.02 levels so getting my money back was not an issue in fact it is play time for me to be involved in crypto and DASH was my choice because Evan and he's team delivers in what they say they will do.
5. I believe you wasted 13k XMR on Monero Dice and ur loling at me all you got is a gambling site + a game. Sure you will reach the top 5 crypto currencies on market cap but from the bottom with that silly development.
6.  Someone like me would never join you just because you are a BTCTALK spam coin.

1. You hypocrite attacked me for gambling, i just returned the favour. What makes your point totally absurd is that i won gambling: http://monerodice.pd.to/user.php?username=othe
    21835.8342592 (Total Profit/Loss)
2. Don´t care.
3. Doesn´t make sense what you say, maybe don´t believe all the bullshit here.
3. This point is twice, learn to count please. Like this? https://github.com/ShenNoether/MiniNero/raw/master/RingCT0.4_copy.pdf
    Believe what you want, your are too narrowminded to make up your own mind and already too influenced from others.
4. We will see.
5. Check 1.
6. I sure hope so. We discuss here as it´s a discussion board, if you don´t like discussions you should close the browser.
Pages:
Jump to: