Pages:
Author

Topic: Dash Codename Evolution - page 5. (Read 7247 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
October 23, 2015, 05:37:00 AM
Ok, allow failed InstantX transactions to appeal to the next 10 selected masternodes to detect bad actors and flag them.

How do you prove the masternode received your InstantX communication  Wink Thus who is lying the masternode or you?

Masternode could sign the "I have received an InstantX request with ID x" message using its private key?

And if they refuse to sign how do you prove they refused to sign  Wink

They could argue you never sent the request to them or their connection was offline.

What you can do is build up witnesses who also try to submit to the same masternode and establish a pattern for many different transactions over a longer window of time. But the problem is the masternode may sign some transactions and not others, e.g. maybe it signs its own transactions or only the ones that have KYC identification attached to them, depending on what their driving motivation is for denial-of-service. There are many game theories and scenarios.

Instead of solving this problem that way which is very complex and probably unprovable in the holistic game theory if the entire design, I invert the paradigm in my design, but details are withheld at this time.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 23, 2015, 04:06:11 AM
Ok, allow failed InstantX transactions to appeal to the next 10 selected masternodes to detect bad actors and flag them. Truth is, we don't know how he plans to implement it and we won't know until January in Miami, could be the Dash developers solution is very different from your own.

EDIT: Lol, late to the party and butthurt Wink
Dash is that the instamined coin where the instamine grows continuously with the aid of the "masternode" scam.

Taylor05 did a detailed analysis of the coins launch and, other than a very small number of trolls, no one really gives a damn about the early distribution but it's worth a read:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12689175

The analysis is fundamentally flawed, anonymint / TPTB_need_war will agree i am sure. Claiming that someone has just a fixed number of hashrate in times of cloud computing is stupid and naive or a plain lie to trick people into it that don´t know how mining is done. As the code didn´t even compile in the first hours theres it´s highly unlikely that someone else did it.

As proven here every CPU coin gets mined with cloud instances in the beginning http://da-data.blogspot.de/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html
You setup one AWS or Azure or whatever cloud image, clone it and spin it up x hundred times (or even more).

The hashing code btw in dash is still not optimized so even for cpu miners who know what they do there were big improvements possible. This is due to a fact that a standard crypto library called sph is used http://www.saphir2.com/sphlib/ which is unoptimized C code.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
October 23, 2015, 02:25:23 AM
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
October 23, 2015, 02:17:51 AM
Wow that idea sounds horrible (if it isnt yet already implemented).

Only ASIC factories could mine? Hmm that sounds pretty centralized and gives no reason to have people join mining because they would have this barrier to entry (a factory hall with cheap electricity) plus specialized hardware a specific caliber before you could mine.

Sure you can call it "distributed" but if someone owns a majority of the hashpower because they own a fuckton of ASICs then you now have a problem.

Agreed fully.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
October 23, 2015, 02:08:24 AM
Ok, allow failed InstantX transactions to appeal to the next 10 selected masternodes to detect bad actors and flag them.

How do you prove the masternode received your InstantX communication  Wink Thus who is lying the masternode or you?

Masternode could sign the "I have received an InstantX request with ID x" message using its private key?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
October 23, 2015, 02:03:30 AM
... Idk, crypto baffles me but I'd imagine it'd be possible to limit mining to the masternodes and use them as a distributed p2pool.

Wow that idea sounds horrible (if it isnt yet already implemented).

Only master nodes could mine? Hmm that sounds pretty centralized and gives no reason to have people join mining because they would have this barrier to entry (1000 dash) plus specialized hardware a specific caliber before you could mine.

Sure you can call it "distributed" but if someone owns a majority of the masternodes because they own a fuckton of Dash then you now have a problem.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
October 23, 2015, 01:52:12 AM

This screenshot tells me absolutely nothing besides the fact there will be deterministic nodes to increase TPS and it appears he's going to ask supernode operators to act as price feeds or conflict resolution in gambling results.
October 22, 2015, 07:55:29 PM

Truth is, we don't know how he plans to implement it and we won't know until January in Miami, could be the Dash developers solution is very different from your own.

I know. Because I know what is possible within his current design. Watch in January. He will read my post and try to correct the issues, but he can't. It is fundamental to his design choices that were made long ago. No turning back now.
PoS
Activity: 223
Merit: 101
If you can be anything, be kind and fair
October 22, 2015, 07:49:24 PM
Dash is that the instamined coin where the instamine grows continuously with the aid of the "masternode" scam.

October 22, 2015, 07:41:27 PM
I wrote up an explanation of what I expect Evan is designing.

I think the key point is that this is not block chain scaling, i.e. he isn't reducing and probably instead increasing the load of what has to be stored on the block chain and propagated in winning blocks, because the multi-sigs from the quorum of masternodes has to be recorded on the block chain for each instantly confirmed transaction.

Also I disagree with his claim of 51% attack immunity. Because even if he intends to attain this by having the quorum multi-sig be the objective reality, the problem is many of masternodes can be under control of the same adversary and the masternodes are not required to respond to an instant transaction request, so by refusing to sign the multi-sig they can force instant transactions onto the block chain where the objective reality can be altered by the 51% attack. Also since a 51% attack reorganization can erase a prior chain hash, then any multi-sig issued from a prior chain hash would be illegal in the longer chain and there is no objective reality any more. One can't determine if communication failure or manipulation is the true cause of the reorganization.

Also since the masternodes that are chosen for each transactions are determined on block hash, the spender of the instant transaction has no recourse if the masternodes aren't responding, other than waiting until the next block, which defies the entire point of instant transactions.

I will probably find many other problems in this design.

How can I know these things as if I am reading his mind? Because I designed a decentralized block scaling solution so I know what the issues entail and so I can instantly guess his design and all the holes in his design.
October 22, 2015, 07:01:32 PM
Well Evan is apparently implementing CoinShuffle in Dash:

https://youtu.be/x5sNx7SMTP8?t=128

https://youtu.be/x5sNx7SMTP8?t=1138
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
October 22, 2015, 03:12:10 PM
Evan Duffield Explains Dash Technology and Announces Evolution at Bitcoin Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jw5Gk-iuy0

Published on Oct 22, 2015

This talk was given during the Bitcoin Wednesday conference on 7 October, 2015 when Evan made his "Evolution" announcement.
Evan Duffield is the lead developer and founder of the Dash cryptocurrency.

Q&A session

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5sNx7SMTP8

legendary
October 20, 2015, 02:35:32 PM
https://dashtalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-19-2015.6429/
The picture is getting a little bit more clear :

What about Dash Evolution?

The reason we’re being quiet about the capabilities of Dash Evolution is we want to buy some time to work on it privately. By the time everyone realizes what we’re making, we’ll be so far along this path,
that no group will be able to implement it fast enough to launch this system before us. Dash Evolution includes many components of what we believe is the perfect platform for growing a new decentralized
economy, built around pure peer-to-peer commerce.

What do we know about Evolution so far?

Evolution is a completely different way of thinking about cryptographic currency. To start, we’ve figured out how to implement an API in such a way that it’s both completely secure and decentralized.
This will allow us to use 5-20 DASH random sub-quorum servers per request, instead of all of them as is the norm with the rest of the cryptographic currencies (each node must process each request individually).
That alone gives us a large leap in technological abilities that none of our competitors have, but combined with our decentralized storage mechanism we can enable large scale support of user-based storage.
This means our users data will live on the network and they can jump from their android Dash wallet, to a browser-based Dash wallet without losing information about their transaction histories, friends or private messages.

Technical details of the system are quite impressive alone, which is what we revealed at Bitcoin Wednesday in Amsterdam. However, that’s not really what is going to sell the system. We’re going to compete by making a new
type of cryptographic currency that is user-focused.

All components of cryptographic currency are being rethought.This is intended to be a platform that the rest of the world can use without being scared away by all of the
complicated cryptography happening behind the scenes. When a transaction comes into your wallet, it will say “Evan sent you 41DASH for Samsung 2005 TV”, not “41DASH from XrWaFt4YY3AevBoZWkmrQEYSAYwiUFodtB”.
The later scares away a large percentage of the population, because it looks complex and feels unsafe.

If we told everyone within the community every detail, we would steal our own momentum, so we’re going to show a proof of concept of this system in action at Bitcoin Miami. This is quite exciting because this is one
of the largest most influential conferences within the Bitcoin ecosystem and we hope to ignite a lot of interest.

DAPI will also include a vastly improved version of masternode blinding. All requests through the system can be blinded, so that they are redirected through the system to a masternode that doesn’t have any direct
contact with the end user. This is the reason we will not be building masternode-blinding into the v12 client.

Timeline and Milestones

The fact of the matter is that the outside overall community doesn’t have much of an understanding of the Dash project in it’s present state. Our website and pr strategy up to this point has been mostly
to cater to those already in the community. We’re going to retarget our strategy and build a website and pr strategy that is targeted at those outside of the community.
Many of us on the team have experience building companies and marketing to new users, we’re going to utilize this experience over the next few years to bring many new users into our space.

Even without Evolution, we would have done fantastic over the next few years due to Darksend, InstantX, Decentralized Governance and Budgeting and our Virtual Corporation. So we believe it’s key to get this
information about what the Dash project currently is, out in the open and well understood. This means, we actually have a nice window to develop Dash Evolution and we’re not in a hurry to launch it.
In fact, it’s to our benefit to make sure that Dash Evolution is absolutely perfect when we launch.

Milestones

Public Awareness - Phase I  - October 1st, 2015

Utilize the budget system to spread information about the Dash project all over the world. Hit as many conferences as possible, educate people if possible to understand the more technical aspects of Dash so they
can explain it to others.

Start designing a website and portal for all Dash related information to live.

Dash Evolution Development Begins  - October 15th, 2015

I will begin work on the new Dash Evolution framework. This consists of the basic architecture, classes and simply functionality that runs the system.

New Website - January 8th, 2016

The new website will be designed to be the place to go to keep up with Dash, get initiated with our project originally and keep up to date about everything happening in the network as well.
It will also be designed with converting new users into our ecosystem in mind.

Dash Evolution Phase II  - November 7th, 2015

Private internal development will begin on the Dash Evolution framework.

Dash Evolution Demonstration / Phase III - January 21 and/or 22, 2016*

We will demonstrate what our new technology is about, how it works and why it’s a huge leap ahead of anything else that exists presently.

Marketing & Sales Funnels  - February 1st, 2016**

We’re working with some companies to enhance our new-user experience to improve the way they flow through the system to get into our ecosystem.
By February the community should start seeing how all of this works for us.

* qwizzie : this should be the correct dates of the Miami Bitcoin Event in January 2016
** qwizzie : small correction in date
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
October 15, 2015, 04:48:41 PM
Is there a link about this on dashtalk?
legendary
October 15, 2015, 02:25:24 PM
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 10, 2015, 07:05:47 PM
Maybe  I should just post my questions here Smiley

Hi

I'm new here, this is my first post!

I was interested in cryptocurrencies, but when I looked into it back in 2012, I came across some article that explained it on a semi-technical level.
I realized that bitcoin was too transparent. I didn't want others to see my transactions, so I dismissed it. I saw in 2013 on the news that if I got in, I could have made a lot of money. But I figured I was a bit late to the party so I still didn't invest.

When I met an old friend a few weeks ago, he told me he did buy BTC in 2012. Then I told him about my concerns (the fact that BTC isn't private). Then he told me maybe I would like DASH. So I checked the dash technology and I liked what I saw. Darksend can make my transactions private!
There was more: InstantX has very fast transactions, compared to bitcoin.

I now bought 20 DASH. I want to start small, but maybe I'll buy a full masternode in the future. I was just checking this thread and saw something about evolution in another topic:

May I ask if there is already more information about this?

I specifically want to know when will it go live?
Also, I wonder how you can have so much transactions per second? (the slide shows 500-1500) I read that bitcoin is limited to 7 transactions per second.
My last question for now is that I don't really understand how InstantX works. I mean... with bitcoin you have your transactions included in a block. I liked that part of the bitcoin technology when I checked it in 2012. Once a ransaction is included, it is considered "safe". How does InstantX work?

Anyway, I hope to get in early now, because I feel that DASH could maybe become big, certainly if "Evolution" becomes the new reality.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
October 08, 2015, 03:23:18 PM
What I really don't get is the 35TB Blockchain storage capacity line. Does that mean that the blockchain has a size limit for some reason? Or does it mean that this is available storage space for people to use? If it's the latter, 35TB isn't all that much. The hard drives I have lying around my place already have about 6TB in total capacity, so 35 won't do much if you try to build a Dropbox replacement.

The image shows this as "estimated initial capacity" so I'm going to guess it is based on the current number of masternodes and storage being shared between masternodes with some amount per node, or something along those lines.
legendary
October 08, 2015, 03:13:48 PM
here is a link towards an explanation (and use of) quorums, credits to dazbarlby : http://www.eurecom.fr/~vukolic/QuorumsOrigin.pdf

legendary
October 08, 2015, 03:07:40 PM
Just leave the topic to where it is.

DASH coin uses tor, and that is that.

First of all its Dash, not Dash coin (a totally different cryptocurrency)
Secondly i dont get your post, all posts so far are relevant to first post.. 
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
October 08, 2015, 02:59:59 PM
Just leave the topic to where it is.

DASH coin uses tor, and that is that.
Pages:
Jump to: