Pages:
Author

Topic: Day Trading or Long-term Hodl? - page 4. (Read 5315 times)

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
July 21, 2020, 02:37:43 PM
It’s defend, if you understand trade then i think do trade but you want big profit on crypto so think hold long term Altcoin also it’s defend on investment.... Use Trusted coin like ETH, LTC it’s no risk to hold...    
Long term trading has its risks, don't assume that you save your money on LTC or ETH will always be profitable,
it's better to short term and read the analysis
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
July 21, 2020, 01:20:43 PM

Day trading isn't as simple as just buying low and selling high, it just doesn't work much with altcoins in my experience you got to do it in BTC/USDT. If you take a look at the SNTR today, its almost worthless coin where you can't even see updates that can make the coin spike a bit to attract traders but with BTC the price can just swing in everyday where your chances of earning is much larger.

Currently the price of SNTR is $ 0.000001, the value is very cheap, why does the OP keep SNTR coins for so long when this coin has no potential, only 2 exchanges have SNTR volume.

I agree with you that it's better to trade daily with BTC / USD or BTC / ETH with great opportunities and you can play with your strategy.
Yeah I agree with you for daily trading BTC/USDT or BTC/eth really works. You can either buy long or short it means you don't depend on the scenario of making the coin going high since you can bet into low direction. It only depends on how your charting and marking analysis run.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
July 21, 2020, 12:50:03 PM
It’s defend, if you understand trade then i think do trade but you want big profit on crypto so think hold long term Altcoin also it’s defend on investment.... Use Trusted coin like ETH, LTC it’s no risk to hold...    
Activity: 399
Merit: 100
July 21, 2020, 12:07:16 PM
It depend, the day trading is only for altcoins with low volume and great variation of the price, for the good projects I suggest to HOLD, HOLD, HOLD and when the price go down buy! The good projects are very rare but when you find it you can't lose the opportunity to a big gain for a daily trading!
Correct, daily trading time is getting over day by day. Upcoming time is only for holding. Look at the coinmarketcap, altcoins prices are getting higher every day, so daily trading can't be profitable. The topics of new coins are different, wait for the correction time before buying them. I think, now every top coin is good for a long time holding.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
July 21, 2020, 11:59:01 AM
Split your free money into two parts buy stablecoin with about 50% and start trade with the remaining 50% in crypto coins. I am sure you will never lose your original money even you did not get profit.
Why did you decide to invest in stablecoins? It's an unprofitable investment for you, stablecoins will always be stable over time. It only works to help you not lose when the market collapses
Activity: 297
Merit: 10
Life is beautiful !
July 21, 2020, 11:45:15 AM
Split your free money into two parts buy stablecoin with about 50% and start trade with the remaining 50% in crypto coins. I am sure you will never lose your original money even you did not get profit.

I think there's another way around this, instead of worrying so much about your capital, invest an amount that you are able to lose without fretting, then trade with it, remember that the higher the capital, the higher the profit margin.

Always dyor
Activity: 909
Merit: 17
www.cd3d.app
July 21, 2020, 08:42:15 AM
For me much better to trade daily rather than investing in a coin with out a clear destination. Day trading can give you small profit if you have knowledge on it. Anyway profit is depends on your capital. Trading is risky but helpful for me specially this time of covid.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 292
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
July 21, 2020, 07:51:25 AM
I do not have much experience in analyzing the market, which is why I chose the long-term hold to make a profit in this market. I need to wait a long time to get profit and need to be very patient with it. If you know how to trade, everything looks easy
You should practice market analysis and altcoin. Do not invest without knowledge of it, if you have knowledge of this market, I believe you will easily make a profit from it in the short and long term.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
July 21, 2020, 07:47:49 AM
It's quite understanding how day trading could work better than holding, but trust me, some very volatile coins doesnt support that to some extent, I recently tried day trading on a coin. I sold the initial when price was high, then bought back the tokens, had more.  Then greed made me sell again when price went up, only that this time, it kept going up for 1 month plus and that's how I couldn't buy back.
So in essence, volatility matters
Activity: 515
Merit: 101
July 21, 2020, 04:15:11 AM
Both option have some risks and advantages too. In day trading, usually you won't lose your money too much because you can sell the coin on the same day you buy it before it going worse. In long term holding, we must have patience to hold even if our coin value go down too much, and hopefully few years later the coin will value will rise.
I prefer long-term investments because I do not have to worry too much about this investment and I do not have much time to see the price because my work is very pressure. In my opinion, only day trading when you have a lot of time to focus because any mistake of the day can cost you money. Each person will have their own strengths and you should choose to invest according to your ability.
Well, somebody considers this as their main income. Therefore, they always want to earn as much and quick profit as possible. I have to say that doing daily trading or long-term holding completely depends on each person's goal! For me, I consider this is a part-time job besides my main job. Therefore, I allocate my money half and half. Half for investing and half for trading.
Activity: 1274
July 21, 2020, 01:42:07 AM
Activity: 407
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
July 21, 2020, 01:04:39 AM
Both option have some risks and advantages too. In day trading, usually you won't lose your money too much because you can sell the coin on the same day you buy it before it going worse. In long term holding, we must have patience to hold even if our coin value go down too much, and hopefully few years later the coin will value will rise.
I prefer long-term investments because I do not have to worry too much about this investment and I do not have much time to see the price because my work is very pressure. In my opinion, only day trading when you have a lot of time to focus because any mistake of the day can cost you money. Each person will have their own strengths and you should choose to invest according to your ability.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
July 21, 2020, 12:17:18 AM
Both option have some risks and advantages too. In day trading, usually you won't lose your money too much because you can sell the coin on the same day you buy it before it going worse.
You have a point but sometimes if you missed the timing to sell it can get worse if the price didnt recover, so choosing a good coin with unstable price is best for day trading.

In long term holding, we must have patience to hold even if our coin value go down too much, and hopefully few years later the coin will value will rise.
Yes for long term holding patience is necessary since we are not certain when will the price going to increase and so we can take profit.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 510
July 20, 2020, 11:47:26 PM
I do not have much experience in analyzing the market, which is why I chose the long-term hold to make a profit in this market. I need to wait a long time to get profit and need to be very patient with it. If you know how to trade, everything looks easy
It's the right choice, if you don't understand how to analyze market prices. But if you want to learn daily trading, then you need to give enough time to monitor price charts, and that's not easy. You need to learn technical and fundamental analysis so that your trading can runs smoothly.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
July 20, 2020, 11:33:16 PM
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
July 20, 2020, 01:59:11 PM
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
July 20, 2020, 12:45:06 PM
When you invest in good projects long term hold is a great idea. However, when you day trade or possible you actively follow the market for opportunity you can increase your holdings gradually. For example you can short and buy low whenever there is a dip as you still. At the long run, you will more tokens as compared to holding.
Activity: 362
Merit: 12
July 20, 2020, 12:38:56 PM
Day trading is not suitable for all except Technical Analysis based traders.Day trading is actually very risky for newbies.But if you talk about long term hold then anyone can choose and invest on a coin which has a great fundamental and technical support team.
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
July 20, 2020, 10:14:26 AM
It depend, the day trading is only for altcoins with low volume and great variation of the price, for the good projects I suggest to HOLD, HOLD, HOLD and when the price go down buy! The good projects are very rare but when you find it you can't lose the opportunity to a big gain for a daily trading!

I was day trading SYS and missed the big move today, little did I know there is a strong FA about big news on 23rd. The most important thing in trading is building a good strategy, then stick to it till it doesn't work. I do both day trading, mid term trading and long term investment, hence I'm somewhat dynamic. Even a coin I made 50% on later does 100%, I still won't regret taking profit. If you HODL all coins you buy, then that doesn't make you a trader, you are an investor if so.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1327
July 20, 2020, 09:44:40 AM
Pages:
Jump to: