Pages:
Author

Topic: Day Trading or Long-term Hodl? - page 7. (Read 5315 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 103
February 03, 2020, 01:19:02 PM
Before now, I have always been getting it wrong about cryptocurrency. A friend recently opened my eyes to see how I could have increase little coins I have to fortune overtime by day-trading. But I am no that type. I had always thought I could only make fortune in crypto by hodling a certain coin for long.

13 months ago, I bought SNTR worth about $100 hoping that in few months I'll wallow in milliions of dollars like Ian Balina , but the reverse is often the case in the subsequent ones I bought. Sad fact, $100 worth of SNTR 13 months ago now less than $2.

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics. I discovered day-trading tokens like DX token and AWC could have actually make me what I hope to be If i had the right information. But its never too late. Yet, I am drowned in mentality that hodling for long can only be the fortune I hope for. Reason I need help.

in trading it is very necessary expertise in analyzing the various altcoins that we want to invest. because there is a type of altcoin that we can trade in a day and there is an altcoin that we can trade for a long time. because in my opinion not all types of altcoin have the same nature and popularity and every altcoin that is launched has its own product so that the growth of altcoin is very dependent on the quality of the product being launched.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
January 13, 2020, 05:44:56 AM
It is very difficult to make daily transactions. Because BOTs do the daily operations. It is very difficult for us to reach them by human hand. I think it makes sense to invest long term. Altcoin prices are at reasonable levels for purchase.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 13, 2020, 04:05:47 AM
For you to become successful in day trading, you must be well equipped with a proper information about it because it is kinda hard to pull of. The income in day trading is huge because you are earning money every single day if your prediction is correct. Sometimes it is risky that is why I do not want it. Unlike long term holding, all you need to do is to buy low and sell high.
Day trading and long term trading do the same thing which is buying low and selling high. They only differs from the difficulty of making money. Yes, both them are profitable but day trading is not for the newbies or even traders who have limited experience because it is so risky and you need a lot of experiences and knowledge so you will be able to compete with tough and expert traders when it comes to day trading.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
January 13, 2020, 03:58:41 AM
I am a long-term hodler. But, sometimes I'm trading for some coins if it profitable at that time. So, me is most are long-term hodl despite a day crypto trader.
Activity: 644
Merit: 127
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 12, 2020, 07:47:07 PM
For you to become successful in day trading, you must be well equipped with a proper information about it because it is kinda hard to pull of. The income in day trading is huge because you are earning money every single day if your prediction is correct. Sometimes it is risky that is why I do not want it. Unlike long term holding, all you need to do is to buy low and sell high.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs
January 12, 2020, 07:18:58 PM
I have always tell people that the crypto sphere is not just about holding especially on a long term. We must learn how to increase our assets by trading it. If you are not careful, holding for a long term can make you lose your asset.
Long term investments should be using money from trading, it will put you at a lower risk of loss than you are using money for your life, think before you act
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 12, 2020, 05:57:12 PM
I have always tell people that the crypto sphere is not just about holding especially on a long term. We must learn how to increase our assets by trading it. If you are not careful, holding for a long term can make you lose your asset.

There are many ways for growing your assets, trading is just one of them, and you chose the most risky one to present. I think that
trading is not for everyone, you need to have skills, some knowledge, and to have time for that. Trading is not for me, I like to invest
and hold my crypto-assets, my way of growing is money I earn from my job.
   Each of us should find the best way for growing our portfolios, I find my own and I am glad if you find yours in trading, I wish you
successful trading year!
Activity: 300
Merit: 11
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
January 12, 2020, 05:50:55 PM
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
January 10, 2020, 08:02:26 PM
Before now, I have always been getting it wrong about cryptocurrency. A friend recently opened my eyes to see how I could have increase little coins I have to fortune overtime by day-trading. But I am no that type. I had always thought I could only make fortune in crypto by hodling a certain coin for long.

13 months ago, I bought SNTR worth about $100 hoping that in few months I'll wallow in milliions of dollars like Ian Balina , but the reverse is often the case in the subsequent ones I bought. Sad fact, $100 worth of SNTR 13 months ago now less than $2.

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics. I discovered day-trading tokens like DX token and AWC could have actually make me what I hope to be If i had the right information. But its never too late. Yet, I am drowned in mentality that hodling for long can only be the fortune I hope for. Reason I need help.

I have a similar experience with my investment. Several of my cryptos are way below its value when I bought them years ago thinking that long-term hodling would be an option. That's why I'm into day trading right now. With the erratic and speculative nature of the crypto market and good sense of projecting prices in the market, day trading has been a good investment for me.
Activity: 1028
Merit: 144
Diamond Hands 💎HODL
January 10, 2020, 07:50:35 PM

I think when it comes to altcoins it is more likely to hold for just a short time investment since this altcoin is great for day trading in the market and you could easily get a profit daily. Also, you could try popular altcoins in the market that you could hold for long term investment since it already has a big market and investors.

Based on what have happened from 2018 to 2019, I have come to a conclusion that; holding for a long term will make more profits than to trade, except if the trader actually know what he's or she's doing in the world of cryptocurrency. Am a good long term holder and partly a trader.
I don't agree I have altcoins investment in poloniex.com and year have past doesn't really make a good profit, in my opinion, considering it takes years of investment.
Activity: 573
Merit: 250
January 10, 2020, 07:31:36 PM

If you do trade from now that will be great. We're getting closer of Bitcoin halving time. If you have no time to waste in cryptocurrency than long time holding is better. By long time holding you can't earn any experience that you can apply in bull market. Right decision to do trade before start halving time.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
January 10, 2020, 06:59:34 PM

You've just entered the market in a wrong moment, relax Smiley
All the crypto millioners bought their crypto in early 2017 or even earlier. Take your chance now, it's just the same successful time now I think. It's not very important what coins exactly you buy, the market is dumped to hell. Buy low, sell high.
Activity: 338
Merit: 1
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
January 09, 2020, 06:44:55 PM
Both are great I mean have tested the both and they worked just fine for me but I prefer long term because it consumes less time, and less stress.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
January 09, 2020, 01:21:18 AM
I do both, I have very short-term tokens that I buy and sell under hours and those that I purchase because I believe they are technically and practically good.  Many I buy and sell in the space of days are those with news / events that could theoretically boost prices, then I dump them just before the event. I recommend you stay very far away from day trading if you don't have the knowledge of technical analysis, it's an easy way to lose hard-earned money.
Well, a strong analysis really helps us when doing daily trading because with this expertise we can get good enough data and of course we can take a stand whether we will sell or buy certain coins to take advantage today, but all of that certainly requires time and hard work because we are required to continue to monitor the progress of the coin so that we do not lose the moment, in contrast to long-term trading that only waits at a high price even though it takes a long time to reach that price.
Things like that have become the obligation of those who do daily trading and always spend time and read market movements and analyze them to choose potentially profitable coins.
but the market situation also influences the development of coins and must take action or anticipate to choose other methods to remain profitable, and in my opinion for the current market situation, medium and long term trading is the right choice and but it all depends on the expertise of each to taking advantage of the market situation under any circumstances and in trading requires strong patience.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 263
January 08, 2020, 11:13:45 PM
I do both, I have very short-term tokens that I buy and sell under hours and those that I purchase because I believe they are technically and practically good.  Many I buy and sell in the space of days are those with news / events that could theoretically boost prices, then I dump them just before the event. I recommend you stay very far away from day trading if you don't have the knowledge of technical analysis, it's an easy way to lose hard-earned money.
Well, a strong analysis really helps us when doing daily trading because with this expertise we can get good enough data and of course we can take a stand whether we will sell or buy certain coins to take advantage today, but all of that certainly requires time and hard work because we are required to continue to monitor the progress of the coin so that we do not lose the moment, in contrast to long-term trading that only waits at a high price even though it takes a long time to reach that price.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
January 08, 2020, 07:03:29 PM
Cryptoworld is not easy as you think, some people get fortune because join and buying bitcoin before last halving and now become a millionare.

Ian Balina just a lucky person who promote new ico and get money from promotion, he also buy the coin/token then he share it on his social media, people following ian to buy it then he can get profit from it too.

i have experience in daily trade earning arround 0.01-0.05 perday with 1bitcoin capital, its not easy too, but you can try it.
just start it by little amount, after you get your own strategy you can rising the capital to maximaze your profit.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 148
January 08, 2020, 05:23:14 PM
Based on what have happened from 2018 to 2019, I have come to a conclusion that; holding for a long term will make more profits than to trade, except if the trader actually know what he's or she's doing in the world of cryptocurrency. Am a good long term holder and partly a trader.
Activity: 70
January 08, 2020, 05:22:55 PM
Yes, of course. In few words, guys are coming with secure and private hardware that allows you to secure crypto funds. The device is non-programmable and arrow certified. There was a fundraising on Indiegogo. And what is more, product is already available for sale, so everything can be tried out. I definitely recommend you to have a look at their website to have a deeper understanding

Hmm, sounds interesting, let me have a look on my own as well and get back with own thoughts. Thank you for your recommendation
January 08, 2020, 05:20:09 PM
GetHashWallet? Hmm, no, seems that I haven't heard of the guys. What exactly are they coming with? Can you elaborate a bit more on their idea itself? And probably on what attracts you the most

Yes, of course. In few words, guys are coming with secure and private hardware that allows you to secure crypto funds. The device is non-programmable and arrow certified. There was a fundraising on Indiegogo. And what is more, product is already available for sale, so everything can be tried out. I definitely recommend you to have a look at their website to have a deeper understanding
January 08, 2020, 05:12:42 PM
As for today, I would say that I am pretty impressed with following exchanges and wallets solutions market growth. I am following solutions for several months already, as for the most interesting ones, I would probably recommend you to have a look at GetHashWallet. Have you heard of the guys already?

GetHashWallet? Hmm, no, seems that I haven't heard of the guys. What exactly are they coming with? Can you elaborate a bit more on their idea itself? And probably on what attracts you the most
Pages:
Jump to: