Pages:
Author

Topic: Deflationary Tokens - page 3. (Read 3802 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
July 05, 2021, 01:22:42 PM
My best deflationary tokens are Bitcoin (limited to 21 Million) and Avalanche (limited to 720 Million).
Bitcoin is known as digital gold and will be very popular at America.
Avalanche has a great technology and will be very polular at DeFi.

bitcoin is not deflationary rather it has controlled inflation policy. If you are building a portfolio then its good to add some deflationary token in your portfolio.
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
July 01, 2021, 07:27:28 PM
My best deflationary tokens are Bitcoin (limited to 21 Million) and Avalanche (limited to 720 Million).
Bitcoin is known as digital gold and will be very popular at America.
Avalanche has a great technology and will be very polular at DeFi.
July 01, 2021, 01:21:55 PM
These coins may be good for one time spike but in the long run will they survive like other successful altcoins? They don't have any use case other then just burning the tokens in every transaction.

This use case dilemma has refrained many from investing into many useful coins. Use your own brain to see whether a coin is worthy to be invested or not. There are many factors that make a coin eligible for investment apart from use cases.
Activity: 48
June 30, 2021, 01:11:17 PM
These coins may be good for one time spike but in the long run will they survive like other successful altcoins? They don't have any use case other then just burning the tokens in every transaction.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864
June 27, 2021, 04:18:43 PM
I am well aware of coins with controlled inflation like BTC, where a finite number of coins will be generated at a controlled rate. Very recently I came across deflationary tokens where coins are destroyed whenever a transaction is made and they will end at some time.
My question is what is the purpose of creating such coins? Are they worthy enough to be invested ?

As for me, a rather specific concept. If you do not touch on some other "features", a key feature, it is also a disadvantage - a decrease in the money supply, which, with a noticeable volume of "burned" tokens, can lead to a forced increase in the price of objects that are sold for this cryptocurrency, due to immutability (and possibly and growth) mouth guard, and a decrease in available funds.
Activity: 148
Merit: 11
June 10, 2021, 02:42:48 PM
Deflationariy tokens will have their place especially in times where w are looking at potential inflation numbers that can almost be as high as they never have been before. Or maybe not as high as we have seen in the past, but definitely inflation numbers that could be close to historical highs.

Deflationary coins start with maximum supply and they will go down in numbers after few years. We need to buy them now and wait with patience if we really trust these tokens.
Activity: 199
Merit: 1
June 06, 2021, 04:30:15 PM
This are token that are used to increase value of a project token, but most time they are burn, but I don't really like, one need to invest in it.
Activity: 19
June 06, 2021, 12:10:25 PM
They are worthy to invest but you need to DYOR for it.
The signs could be good as easy to find like those tokens or coins that have a consistent burning of supply.
It's lessening the supply in the circulation which will dramatically increase the demand and as well as making it to become scarce.

As a senior member will you accumulate these coins that are always going down in supply? I regret not buying deflationary coins before this bullish season and I think now the party is over or we have to wait for next bull season to arrive.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
Catalog Websites
May 24, 2021, 04:23:50 AM
They are worthy to invest but you need to DYOR for it.
The signs could be good as easy to find like those tokens or coins that have a consistent burning of supply.
It's lessening the supply in the circulation which will dramatically increase the demand and as well as making it to become scarce.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
May 23, 2021, 07:58:32 PM
Deflationariy tokens will have their place especially in times where w are looking at potential inflation numbers that can almost be as high as they never have been before. Or maybe not as high as we have seen in the past, but definitely inflation numbers that could be close to historical highs.
Activity: 1204
May 16, 2021, 09:39:53 PM
In my opinion BOOM is the one that is performing exceptionally well. Gone up by 400% and still going up. It was already listed on too many exchanges and was attracting decent volume for many months. Any legitimate project with clear use cases can go up.

BOOM is ranked 977 and it is almost close to 1000, how can that be good, even though it has been pumped up to $ 0.01934, but that price is only temporary, and those who buy at that price, now they are already experiencing losses even though it is not deep a very large number, and one more thing that the volume of BOOM tokens on the MXC.com exchange is still very low and on the other exchange (AEX) is still in the question mark category, so how can you say that kind of token is good? Grin Grin
Activity: 38
May 13, 2021, 03:43:29 PM
If a coin is purely deflationary you will later on run into trouble regarding the functionality of the economics. Nobody will use it to transact because holding and only holding is the holy grail. If that is the case and everyone's best decision is to hold, who is going to use it and for what? You need to have a way out for that problem unless you don't care and just try to sell first.

Bitcoin till date is mostly seen as an asset of investment rather then something we can use for daily living. BTC didnt reached at current spot straight away rather took years. deflationary concept is new and will took sometime to be accepted, though I am surprised to see its bullish trend.
May 13, 2021, 03:37:58 PM
In crypto no pain, no gain. The irony is that while we keep on discussing coins they take on there biggest bull run. Same happened with BOOM (a deflationary token), it was a dead coin, shit coin  bla bla but it jumped 400% up in one day. Giving highest return to its hodlers.
Activity: 369
Merit: 16
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
May 12, 2021, 12:11:02 PM
Most deflationary tokens and coins are complete nonsense, we've seen too many examples of failed deflationary tokens because all they have to offer is claiming scarcity due to burn off of tokens supply whenever transactions are been made on the blockchain, this is a whacked use case honestly
Activity: 1274
Merit: 14
May 12, 2021, 11:00:46 AM
It seems to me that such coins have no future. What is their point if they are burned with each transaction? Will everyone keeps them? And what are they for then, if they will not work. These are not works of art that have been gaining value over the centuries.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
May 12, 2021, 09:37:23 AM
If a coin is purely deflationary you will later on run into trouble regarding the functionality of the economics. Nobody will use it to transact because holding and only holding is the holy grail. If that is the case and everyone's best decision is to hold, who is going to use it and for what? You need to have a way out for that problem unless you don't care and just try to sell first.

Some people think that burning some percent of coins from every transaction will add value to their coin because supply is reducing. But think like an investor's perspective. Will you invest such a coin where you will lose money in every transaction? what are the benefits of it in long term. If a project thinks that it has too much coin in circulation then it needed then just burn some of it. Why investors will do that by burning their own money!
Activity: 728
May 12, 2021, 07:33:30 AM
Activity: 38
May 12, 2021, 07:04:22 AM
And there are many examples of alt coins that have performed well. We cant keep on saying whether a coin can perform or not based on our personal judgement.
That won't be a problem for anyone, but you can definitely tell which coin is currently performing really well,
so that everyone can make their own research on each Altcoin.

In my opinion BOOM is the one that is performing exceptionally well. Gone up by 400% and still going up. It was already listed on too many exchanges and was attracting decent volume for many months. Any legitimate project with clear use cases can go up.
Activity: 1204
May 12, 2021, 05:02:38 AM
And there are many examples of alt coins that have performed well. We cant keep on saying whether a coin can perform or not based on our personal judgement.
That won't be a problem for anyone, but you can definitely tell which coin is currently performing really well,
so that everyone can make their own research on each Altcoin.
Activity: 1366
Merit: 107
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
May 11, 2021, 03:18:57 PM
Deflation is the process to decrease the supply and this is the opposite of inflation which increases the supply of tokens. Token burning or deflation IMO is the way to attract investors to hold their token because they  think that when supply decreases and when demand increases the price of the token will also increase exponentially. But it's even better if the token has other usecases in real world, not just deflationary token.
Pages:
Jump to: