Pages:
Author

Topic: Deflationary Tokens - page 4. (Read 3802 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
May 11, 2021, 02:40:11 PM
Those who have invested in BOOM 4 to 5 days back, got 400% up in there investment. What else do you want from a coin? Its now among top 1000 cryptos at CMC. Way more to go BOOM.   
Activity: 1246
Merit: 103
May 10, 2021, 06:51:04 PM
If it refers to the actual definition of deflation then I think if the deflation level of a token is high it means that it is necessary to avoid it and do not invest in it, the reason is because it will have a negative impact on your investment or assets in the future.
May 10, 2021, 03:36:32 PM
Biggest example is bitcoin which started its journey from 0$ and has controlled inflation. Its current price is mainly because of controlled supply and huge community behind the project. If there is no single example that doest mean that no new coin can perform.
Yes, that is true, because basically all new Altcoins always see examples in Bitcoin because he was the first to be born into cryptocurrency so that he has become the king of coins in cryptocurrency from the past to the present.

And there are many examples of alt coins that have performed well. We cant keep on saying whether a coin can perform or not based on our personal judgement.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 250
May 09, 2021, 02:24:05 PM
Biggest example is bitcoin which started its journey from 0$ and has controlled inflation. Its current price is mainly because of controlled supply and huge community behind the project. If there is no single example that doest mean that no new coin can perform.
Yes, that is true, because basically all new Altcoins always see examples in Bitcoin because he was the first to be born into cryptocurrency so that he has become the king of coins in cryptocurrency from the past to the present.
Activity: 239
Merit: 17
May 09, 2021, 02:17:50 PM
What I don't understand is some project that perform pointless token burns for example "Base Protocol" this is a project that I invested in and after a few weeks of listing, they perform  token burns occasionally. I just find out that the tokens my wallet kept reducing and the team said they were doing some token burns which is pointless my opinion because this is not increasing the value of the tokens and it is not increasing my stake in the project.
I believe if it token burns is to be effective, it should be done on tokens are yet to be mined reducing the total circulating supply and not the tokens that are already owned by investors
copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
May 09, 2021, 01:47:01 PM
The basic idea behind having Deflationary model is to keep supply controlled so that demand is increased. This in turn, increased the price of the token. But in recent projects its been observed that totally supply is in billions. Are all the coins are in market? I mean will there be any effect burning tokens with this huge supply?
 So it's worthless.
Having said so BTC has shown it a success and every year we see the result within halving event.
May 09, 2021, 01:27:38 PM
Deflationary tokens have one use case i.e. good to create price volatility. With time as supply of coin will go down we will see swing in price of coin. That will defiantly take some time but will happen at least once.
Can you provide an example of such a case with any token? because I myself also very rarely find such things at this time and also in the past, so I need an example so that I can understand it more clearly.

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250
May 06, 2021, 04:06:13 PM
Deflationary tokens have one use case i.e. good to create price volatility. With time as supply of coin will go down we will see swing in price of coin. That will defiantly take some time but will happen at least once.
Can you provide an example of such a case with any token? because I myself also very rarely find such things at this time and also in the past, so I need an example so that I can understand it more clearly.
May 06, 2021, 03:42:43 PM
Activity: 45
May 05, 2021, 03:29:13 PM
it started like a play band the became serious but there was no purpose for it when it was created, its just mainly for the purpose of experiment. and then everything died down when it now started being used as scam.

There are many deflationary tokens that are doing good and are still very active. In crypto whenever something cool pops up, we see lots of such projects. Only few survive the wild fire of crypto rest died, same happened with deflationary. You can still find many active deflationary tokens.
Activity: 41
May 03, 2021, 03:58:48 PM
The purpose of deflation tokens is to create scarcity for the token and maintain value for the project. Such projects are usually DEFI projects.
The above projects are getting more and more frequent because duplication of the source code of previous projects occurs more often. Projects that survive and increase their value are projects of quality, continuous innovation, and strong communities.

I think you are mixing deflationary with DEFI, they both AFAIK are different things. They are relatively new to the market and aim of deflationary coin is solely to decrease the supply to coins with time. Lets see what impact they made in coming days. Wake me up for there next bull run.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
May 02, 2021, 02:21:56 PM
The purpose of deflation tokens is to create scarcity for the token and maintain value for the project. Such projects are usually DEFI projects.
The above projects are getting more and more frequent because duplication of the source code of previous projects occurs more often. Projects that survive and increase their value are projects of quality, continuous innovation, and strong communities.
Activity: 994
Merit: 561
May 02, 2021, 01:39:23 PM
Only those coin will survive that have team and community backing. Deflationary token teams should work not only on fixinf bugs and exchnage listing but also on invest in developing confidence of people.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
May 02, 2021, 03:02:27 AM
These coins are majorly experimental tokens. Bomb was famous for this then. These days some BSC tokens that are majorly Meme are deflamatory tokens with burn rates. Safemoon, Safemars and the rest.

Yeah, now we can find tons of deflationary tokens in Binance smart chain, thanks to meme token hypes.
It is good, as long as the token has some purposes and use cases.
The problem is, many people buy the token just for hoping some pumps in 1 day so they can sell it higher.
Activity: 37
May 01, 2021, 02:34:08 PM
The deflationary model will get a boost when we see a significant drop in its supply but till date the deflationary tokens should keep breathing and refuse to die. Those surviving till supply drop to a significant level will be ultimate winner.

Yes thats true and its important that deflationary tokens doesnt lose ground till the time there is significant drop in there supply. If they lose ground before supply drop occurs then it wont go up. 
April 26, 2021, 01:43:50 PM
The deflationary model will get a boost when we see a significant drop in its supply but till date the deflationary tokens should keep breathing and refuse to die. Those surviving till supply drop to a significant level will be ultimate winner.
Activity: 35
April 25, 2021, 02:00:48 PM
I am not supporting of the idea deflation, it is bad for economy, people talk about deflation as if it is a good thing, Inflation is good but the rate just need to be relative to the rate of growth of the economy and also people talk about Bitcoin as if it is a deflated coin NO, BTC has inflation it is just that people understand the issuance rate and it is factor into the price that is why we see these fluctuation in prices over time.

Inflation like in fiat is not a good thing. Anything controlling inflation is a positive thing. See the pioneer of crypto i.e.BTC it has controlled inflation but with time its getting popularity. Same with deflation tokens, they may go up in price with time.
April 19, 2021, 03:39:47 PM
The beauty of crypto is that it accept every coin with open arms. Now its upto deflationary coin team to do changes that are demanded by the investors by this way only deflationary can go up. Anyone from dev team of deflationary reading this?
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
April 18, 2021, 05:35:45 PM
I am not supporting of the idea deflation, it is bad for economy, people talk about deflation as if it is a good thing, Inflation is good but the rate just need to be relative to the rate of growth of the economy and also people talk about Bitcoin as if it is a deflated coin NO, BTC has inflation it is just that people understand the issuance rate and it is factor into the price that is why we see these fluctuation in prices over time.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1603
hmph..
April 18, 2021, 05:28:14 PM
These coins are majorly experimental tokens. Bomb was famous for this then. These days some BSC tokens that are majorly Meme are deflamatory tokens with burn rates. Safemoon, Safemars and the rest.

Yes, these coins are the ones that are successful on the BSC network, but you also need to know, be careful about arbitrage exchanges. There are those who complain that they are not profitable even though there is a considerable price difference between AMM and CEX, buy Safemoon from pancakes and sell them at Bitmart, besides losing tokens due to burn during transfer (tx tax), the trading fee for Safemoon is quite large, trader need to pay around $200 of all traded assets, valued at $ 2000
Pages:
Jump to: