Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 7. (Read 23927 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
October 11, 2011, 01:15:28 PM
Block rate is what it should be for the amount of mining being thrown at the network for the difficulty.  Difficulty adjust not broken, working as expected and is slowing the block rate as it should, no more or less broken than any other cryptocurrency.  "Devalued" the work the SC1 miners put in.... really?  now that's rich since they would have gotten nothing had it not been for the steps coinhunter took to bootstrap the 2 chains together so devalued?  I think not, at least not today, but let's reevaluate that FUD in a year when it means more.

Activity: 481
Merit: 502
October 11, 2011, 01:15:17 PM
Bitcoin isn't good enough, he knew it, everyone else is starting to realize it (BTC price) and at this stage SolidCoin is leading the pack of cryptocurrencies when it comes to features and security.

HAHAHAHA.
"SolidCoin is leading the pack of cryptocurrencies". Open your fucking eyes buddy. This is hilarious.

No-one is taking your shit-coin seriously any time soon.

Also, you mention BTC price. By that logic, shit-coin is about 400x less respected than bitcoin. Good job buddy.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
October 11, 2011, 01:13:30 PM
My next question is this:

If SC 2.0 handles rising difficulty so poorly, how is it going to handle falling difficulty?

Didn't SC 1.0 suffer 2week blocks after the mandatory voluntary shutdown?
The MAIN FEATURE of SC1 was the fast responding difficulty. That continues in SC2.
Obviously the slow rising difficulty continues too.

So in answer to your question......Just Fine

12hrs in, 17k blocks found, and it's still at 6s/blk?  If it's retargeting every 240 blocks, that's 70 'adjustments' it's had, and still can't break 10s/blk.

My question remains.
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
October 11, 2011, 01:08:05 PM

If SC 2.0 handles rising difficulty so poorly, how is it going to handle falling difficulty?

The MAIN FEATURE of SC1 was the fast responding difficulty. That continues in SC2.
Obviously the slow rising difficulty continues too.

So in answer to your question......Just Fine
October 11, 2011, 01:01:38 PM

sd
Activity: 730
Merit: 500
October 11, 2011, 12:54:19 PM
There is no bugs causing this to not work as intended, never has been so far just as there has been no "attacks" (that succeeded at least).  So my amazement is what level of comprehension ineptitude do you really have?  Or are you just wearing your Leather Doosh-hat that gives +20 to trolling?

Lemon Party man,

Blocks a few seconds apart are wrong. The difficulty adjustment routine is Broken As Designed and that breakage devalued the work the SC1 miners put in to nearly worthless.

No attacks? Pah! It self destructed and you are looking at the wreckage and claiming there is no problem.
Activity: 462
October 11, 2011, 12:45:05 PM
300 posts in 13 hours!!!

The troll is strong in this one.
sd
October 11, 2011, 12:41:56 PM
If you are serious what are you basing this on? SC2.0 is the leader of the pack now, and the gap will only get wider.

Either pride is causing you refuse to back down or you are actually delusional. SC2 was mined to hell at low difficulty and that devalued the mining work of the poor SC1 users to practically nothing. You attempted a really difficult task with way too much confidence and screwed up.

We are all human and do really dumb things from time to time. Refusing to learn and move on turns 1 stupid thing into 2 stupid things.
October 11, 2011, 12:37:34 PM
So you copy most of the Bitcoin code to gain your own SC audience

And refuse to release your code, to prevent others from doing the same.

You're right about one thing though,

...this is exactly what Satoshi wanted... why he put it under the license he did... what he wanted ..why he dropped out...

...but he didn't, and for good reason ... he knew it

Wow, you know a whole lot about what Satoshi was thinking.  Infact you seem infatuated with gaining his endorsement somehow.  In case your unaware, no amount of propaganda on your part will turn your idea of an alt-chain into a success.  Beside any technical details, you're too polarizing of an individual to gather majority acceptance. And remember, that's beside the technical details. Deep down you probably know that SC 2.0 is fubar and your last-ditch effort is to spin it as "working as intended... it's not a bug, it's a feature".
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
October 11, 2011, 12:36:06 PM
...my background is closed source, high end applications which were and still are run by hundreds of thousands of people around the world...

Most likely you are an OK programmer as part of a team, but you have to be fed tasks by a project lead to get anything worthwhile done.

It doesn't take the same mindset or aptitude to be a good designer. Few people can do both, you are not one of them. Designing a new BitCoin isn't going to be something you are good at, it's not something most people would be good at either so don't feel too bad. Give up and do something more worthwhile as SolidCoin just isn't going to work.

Go spend some time with your friends or family and give up on this nonsense.

If you are serious what are you basing this on? SC2.0 is the leader of the pack now, and the gap will only get wider.
October 11, 2011, 12:34:07 PM
So, if Solidcoin is based on Bitcoin code, WHY YOU BLAME SO HARD BITCOIN IN FIRST PLACE?!?!?

Even when Bitcoin is running really fine...??

I really like the Bitcoin idea, don't get me wrong. When I first heard about it I was excited. It was only when I started to develop sites using it, then read the source code that i realized I could never do anything serious with it. After talking to some BTC people and having all my suggestions thrown out I realized there was only one way to realize that goal. And here we are.
sd
October 11, 2011, 12:29:56 PM
...my background is closed source, high end applications which were and still are run by hundreds of thousands of people around the world...

Most likely you are an OK programmer as part of a team, but you have to be fed tasks by a project lead to get anything worthwhile done.

It doesn't take the same mindset or aptitude to be a good designer. Few people can do both, you are not one of them. Designing a new BitCoin isn't going to be something you are good at, it's not something most people would be good at either so don't feel too bad. Give up and do something more worthwhile as SolidCoin just isn't going to work.

Go spend some time with your friends or family and give up on this nonsense.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
October 11, 2011, 12:29:25 PM

In case you're unaware this is exactly what Satoshi wanted. People to be able to take his Bitcoin source and make something like SolidCoin. That is why he put it under the license he did. So you're in denial if you don't realize this is exactly what he wanted going forward and why he dropped out of his project.

Just because Bitcoin was built like it was doesn't mean SolidCoin has to be. GPL is the license you are 'thinking' of and Satoshi had every opportunity to put it under that, I'm sure many pressured him too, but he didn't, and for good reason. Bitcoin isn't good enough, he knew it, everyone else is starting to realize it (BTC price) and at this stage SolidCoin is leading the pack of cryptocurrencies when it comes to features and security.

You may not want to believe it for various reasons, but deep down you probably know it.

So, if Solidcoin is based on Bitcoin code, WHY YOU BLAME SO HARD BITCOIN IN FIRST PLACE?!?!?

Even when Bitcoin is running really fine...??
October 11, 2011, 12:29:16 PM
My 2 cents.
CH can do whatever he wants, and so can you.
Why do people care if he does one thing or another? All that should do is maybe change your decision to get involved or not.

If one makes claims about their alt-chain, they're going to be asked to substantiate his claims.  If they cant/refuses, that's a red-flag that other potential users should be informed of.

It is no suprise that many people on these forums will persist until all the evidence comes to light.  What you're asking "Why do you care what he does" could also be applied to the Marketplace forums:  "Why care if someone is a scammer? Why go through all that fuss to let others know? All that should do is maybe change your decision to get involved or not."

While I wouldn't call CH a scammer in the traditional sense, he is advocating people spend their resources (time/electricity) mining his chain (of which he gets a direct 5%) by making grand, as-of-yet unsubstantiated claims.  I would hope this forum never loses an aggressive pursuit of full-disclosure.
October 11, 2011, 12:22:08 PM

In case you're unaware this is exactly what Satoshi wanted. People to be able to take his Bitcoin source and make something like SolidCoin. That is why he put it under the license he did. So you're in denial if you don't realize this is exactly what he wanted going forward and why he dropped out of his project.

Just because Bitcoin was built like it was doesn't mean SolidCoin has to be. GPL is the license you are 'thinking' of and Satoshi had every opportunity to put it under that, I'm sure many pressured him too, but he didn't, and for good reason. Bitcoin isn't good enough, he knew it, everyone else is starting to realize it (BTC price) and at this stage SolidCoin is leading the pack of cryptocurrencies when it comes to features and security.

You may not want to believe it for various reasons, but deep down you probably know it.
Activity: 352
Firstbits: 1m8xa
October 11, 2011, 12:20:35 PM
This has to be one of the funniest events I've had the chance to observe. I wish I had bought some popcorn.
Activity: 238
October 11, 2011, 12:19:11 PM
My 2 cents.
CH can do whatever he wants, and so can you.
Why do people care if he does one thing or another? All that should do is maybe change your decision to get involved or not.
Activity: 210
October 11, 2011, 12:18:56 PM
So CoinHunter, what are the requirements to become a trusted node?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
October 11, 2011, 12:13:59 PM
Start trading SolidCoin 2

https://btc-e.com/sc_exchanger SC / BTC

https://btc-e.com/sc_usd_exchanger SC / USD

I like your exchange and I use it for some coins.

But you can't expect people to buy coins while one person has mined 10,000 US$ worth of coins (250k SC) in 24 hours.
I don't think people like to trade a coin from a chain that will be restarted sooner or later.

This chain is dead, I advice not to buy/sell until the restart... Hmm, maybe better to stop this nonsense completely...

SC2 will never be safe without programmers who know what they do (people like ArtForz).
Source is not open, we can't even tell what more unknown vulnerabilities are in this client / network / chain.

And as long as the creator has a button to stop this all, I wouldn't invest a single 0.01$ in it.
You can loose it all...

If CuntHunter really wants to save this coin, he releases the sourcecode and let some pro's fix it for him.
October 11, 2011, 12:12:36 PM
How can the code not be ready if it's running a production system? That doesn't inspire confidence.

I see you live in lala open source world where everyone is writing source for the utopia project. In case you're unaware there are many trolls abound with no skills who like to copy things. It's mainly to annoy them so they can't start their little "I have 51% protected chain tooo like SolidCoiiiiiiin" before we've established SC as the only chain with said security features. That is what I mean by "Ready".

Wait,

In case you're unaware there are many trolls abound with no skills who like to copy things.

Pages:
Jump to: