Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 11. (Read 23927 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
October 11, 2011, 08:16:59 AM
So it seems SC2.0 is still around 5s/blk, is that correct?   Can anyone else confirm...?
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
October 11, 2011, 07:54:09 AM
Oh come on, Namecoin is ossom, at the very least.

Also TBX is ossom too ^__^
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
October 11, 2011, 07:52:56 AM
both to be honest....
The lesson is simple: stick to Bitcoin and trust no fork until they are a least a bit adopted/established... So for the moment just trust no fork. Cheesy
Hillariously voracious
October 11, 2011, 07:35:46 AM
This incident teaches us that pig-to-peer networks are bad and their designers should feel bad about them.

An important lesson.
Activity: 518
October 11, 2011, 07:33:38 AM
both to be honest....

good point on the paper cash comment tho, although there are no alternatives to paper cash / bank currencies in every day life.... BTC/SC/whatever is still fledgling and needs some help.... I cant see any way that all this tit-for-tat thats going on is helping anything.
sd
Activity: 730
Merit: 500
October 11, 2011, 06:36:50 AM
I must admit I've got my interest in SC, even encouraged it, you see I'm here because I'm interested in crypto currencies....

But reading what you knob-heads are saying here all I feel is my confidence in my much loved BTC slipping away.... who is going to take it seriously with stupid little trolls like you?

Who is going to take paper cash seriously when there are so many scammers and trolls trying to rob you of it?

Seriously - Who is your comment directed at? The Pro-Solidcoin people, The Anti-Solidcoin people, or both?
Activity: 518
October 11, 2011, 06:30:57 AM
I must admit I've got my interest in SC, even encouraged it, you see I'm here because I'm interested in crypto currencies....

But reading what you knob-heads are saying here all I feel is my confidence in my much loved BTC slipping away.... who is going to take it seriously with stupid little trolls like you?
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
October 11, 2011, 05:32:03 AM
BCX is like a child with too much candy who doesn't want to share.

donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
October 11, 2011, 05:14:35 AM
At the current rate over 1 million coins will have been mined in the first day.  What do you think that just did to the value of Solid Coin 1.0 coins?
C) crushing attack that EXploited a design flaw.

I see what you did there. Smiley

my tribute since they banned him because maged get mad at him that he was actually winning.

Yeah, I thought the ban was unwarranted. If Maged wanted to ban someone, there's a much better target that's trolling all these threads.
Hillariously voracious
October 11, 2011, 05:00:09 AM
Or maybe CH should rip off Geist and claim the newfound turbo-charged blockrate as a feature ? Cheesy
Activity: 313
Merit: 251
Third score
October 11, 2011, 04:48:49 AM
For me, the only viable explanation about the stable block production rate with difficulty increasing by 2 orders of magnitude is that there is some bug in the retargeting algorithm and the hash validation code which effectively cancels out the difficulty number with some operations.

Thus the client reports difficulty increasing, but the hash validation does not take into account.

Whatever attackers might do, it can't hold for so long and with such a difficulty increase.

If it is so, and if the source code was released on time, such a bug would have certainly been located by now. Unfortunately, testosterone does not help in code development and cooperation.

BTW, Coinotron works unbelievably slow. It's like they're sending bytes manually.

donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
October 11, 2011, 04:37:29 AM
At the current rate over 1 million coins will have been mined in the first day.  What do you think that just did to the value of Solid Coin 1.0 coins?
C) crushing attack that EXploited a design flaw.

I see what you did there. Smiley
Hillariously voracious
October 11, 2011, 04:36:14 AM
It appears that CoinHunter decided to rip off Geist...or perhaps even top it in terms of block speed

Activity: 61
October 11, 2011, 04:33:48 AM
So the battle is still going on...

So I guess betting on the outcome is pretty safe from now on
http://webetcoins.com/rounds/41
Activity: 812
October 11, 2011, 04:26:43 AM
Most of you are trying to pick apart something you don't understand and making poor assumptions in the process. Has anyone ever considered that their immense Bitcoin knowledge may not apply to Solidcoin2?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 11, 2011, 03:42:33 AM
I would like to show you the over all hash rate increasing, since more and more people are installing the solidcoin client and start mining, but since i don't have a graph of it to do so, i just have to hope you can imagine it.

Just keep in mind the number of people / computers mining SC may have increased over the last hours, not only the difficulty.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
October 11, 2011, 03:42:13 AM
With higher diff the stale rate decreases, that means more effective hashing power... You really can't argument with blocktimes of 2-3 seconds... wait some hours until diff is much higher and blocktime longer...

The damage is already done.  Over 300K coins have been mined in hours.  Even w/ max difficulty adjustment well over 1 million coins will be mined in first two days. Difficulty is 1/70th of where it should be so in effect early miners are being paid 70x the value of future miners.  Now I am not talking about future miners a decade from now I am talking about future miners like next week.  Miners with same hardware, same electrical costs, same efficiency will net 1/70th the reward.  Worse an enemy of the network has likely ammased hundreds of thousands of coins which can be dumped on the market.  So much for fair distribution. The Solid Coin 1 coin holders just saw their coins devalue into nothing.  There coins which took weeks to mine have been debased by block of coins pumped out every couple seconds.

It would be better if it was an attack because if it was by design well the design was garbage. 

Activity: 168
October 11, 2011, 03:34:08 AM
Another 600 blocks and it looks like average block time is faster.

Block 8900 = avg block time 2.7695 s
Block 9200 = avg block time 2.7785 s (0.3% decrease over 300 blocks)
Block 9900 = avg block time 2.7405 s (1.3% increase over 600 blocks)

So network isn't even slowing anymore.  9900 blocks = 316,800 blocks already mined.  Hell good news is that in ~16 hours total blocks mined will exceed CH 1 mil pre-mine stash.  In a week SC will pass Bitcoin in number of coins mined.  In 3 weeks it will have more coins that bitcoin will ever have!

With higher diff the stale rate decreases, that means more effective hashing power... You really can't argument with blocktimes of 2-3 seconds... wait some hours until diff is much higher and blocktime longer...
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 11, 2011, 03:33:52 AM
edit... An additional point: why hasn't the difficulty caught up to the hash rate yet? Does it not increase by up to 4x as in Bitcoin?

No it does not. Solidcoin is designed to raise the difficuly slow (+ max 10% [Diff*1,1]) and lower it fast (- 75% [Diff/4]). The main design purpose in the beginning of SC was to make it "miner friendly". Or in other words: to get coins faster.
So if hash rate increases the difficulty will adapt slowly. And if hash rate decreases the difficulty will adapt faster.
And that is what happens now, difficulty started at very low (1). But the calculation power from start on was that high that with a difficulty of 1 the blocks are not generated evey 3 minutes but way faster. But instead of jumping to the correct difficulty (lets asume 2.500 [just an excample value]) it increases 10% step wise. So it will take a very long time till it reaches it's appropriate difficulty. And till then those people with high computing power / many CPUs will be able to get a lot of bitcoins in a short amount of time.

There is no hacking or anything like that, it is just the design of starting at difficulty 1 with a max increase of 10% each 240 Blocks (correct me if it was another number), coliding with a starting hash rate that is equivalent to a MUCH higher difficulty.
Activity: 168
October 11, 2011, 03:31:52 AM
Maged banned him before he could really post anything. the ban was not in line with actions of any thing i have seen on these boards. as far as proof, the proof is clear. do you seriously think people believe that coinhunter designed a rate of 3-4 blocks per second at peak and increasing block rate following increasing difficulty.

is it normal for people still reporting huge gap in block count and diff and anthing other than two forks??

You really don't get it? Max factor per diff up retargeting is +13%. Looks like you completely missed all the other alternative chains and their beginnings, and still you post shit about "3-4 blocks per second" and design decision...

Show us the huuuuuge gap in block count and diff. All the previous posts show the exact same chain...
Pages:
Jump to: