Author

Topic: delete - page 136. (Read 165522 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
September 20, 2014, 04:51:32 PM
Geez I was so worried about how I would be anonymous in the future and it seems I have the opposite problem and can't even convince people who I am. Perfect.  Kiss

I am 60% sure I have an amplification to their paper which makes the attack much more plausible and pervasive.

I need to go eat, then I need to write some code for an algorithm for smooth to document more precisely what I mean by the amplification.

Okay. My guess though is that you'll came to the same conclusions we did independently too -- assuming that Hp is a cryptographically secure hash function that acts as a random oracle perfectly and that q values are generated totally randomly, that recovery of x (private key) is impossible so long as your PRNG isn't compromised. And, if your PRNG is, then you can't even generate non-ring signatures securely.

Let's get to that point (of whether the private keys can be discovered...which I also have my doubts but do note you have two modular equations P = xG and I = xH(P) once you know i == s when the anonymity is broken) after establishing whether or not my amplification concept radically reduces the anonymity as compared to the calculations in your paper. I am not sure yet, because takes some time to digest your paper. First I will write some code for an algorithm for my amplification idea. Doing that now. Will send via secure channel to smooth.

You do that, Boss.

Here is my public XMR addy so that you can test it and take all my XMR when you get it amplified.
47EApNcKagpN29JgcHh8RgV9odHzzdwMTYuwiE9kPxD7cPy4LWAMCTyhrRXKYxphGaaXSaqfmpZKPgH R3W9xn5HCLPgJb3b

I'm real worried. Shocked
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 20, 2014, 04:42:35 PM
Geez I was so worried about how I would be anonymous in the future and it seems I have the opposite problem and can't even convince people who I am. Perfect.  Kiss

I am 60% sure I have an amplification to their paper which makes the attack much more plausible and pervasive.

I need to go eat, then I need to write some code for an algorithm for smooth to document more precisely what I mean by the amplification.

Okay. My guess though is that you'll came to the same conclusions we did independently too -- assuming that Hp is a cryptographically secure hash function that acts as a random oracle perfectly and that q values are generated totally randomly, that recovery of x (private key) is impossible so long as your PRNG isn't compromised. And, if your PRNG is, then you can't even generate non-ring signatures securely.

Let's get to that point (of whether the private keys can be discovered...which I also have my doubts but do note you have two modular equations P = xG and I = xH(P) once you know i == s when the anonymity is broken) after establishing whether or not my amplification concept radically reduces the anonymity as compared to the calculations in your paper. I am not sure yet, because takes some time to digest your paper. First I will write some code for an algorithm for my amplification idea. Doing that now. Will send via secure channel to smooth.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
September 20, 2014, 04:31:30 PM
Ok, maybe I'm overlooking something here.

If there is an exploit, surely the developers of Monero would spot it better than anyone else? It must be a pretty damn obscure exploit if they haven't found it. Or maybe it doesn't exist. Here, I've found this exploit in your code, pay me 100 BTC and I'll tell you what it is. Wink wink.

If I was the Monero devs, I'd be tirelessly looking for the exploit and fixing it myself. If such exploit even exists. If it doesn't, then they'll have a job finding it, that's for sure. If it does exist, then it sounds like they'll know exactly where to look for it at this point.

There is a thing called "fresh eyes" where an outsider (or child) sees something that everyone else misses, because of confirmation bias or other cognitive artifacts.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
September 20, 2014, 04:27:48 PM

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
September 20, 2014, 04:25:33 PM
Geez I was so worried about how I would be anonymous in the future and it seems I have the opposite problem and can't even convince people who I am. Perfect.  Kiss

Are you in reality or in a film that is playing back in your mind?

I call 10000% bullshit on you.  Come and get my XMR wallet, I dare you.

Sell and dump all you weak hands and feet.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
September 20, 2014, 04:24:47 PM
All of which is public information. Tremendous confidence isn't really good enough.. what else?

You are going to have to satisfy yourself then.  Noone can be sure there is not a team of people posting as Anonymint and his other psedonyms.

I would personally place a very large bet on the identity being the same.  And I am confident it is all one man, who lives in the Phillipines, created cool page etc, is a cryptography autodidact, is ~ 5'7, sufffers nerve damage from a AI disease, etc etc...

I'll bet you 1BTC TFM and Anonymint are the same.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
September 20, 2014, 04:24:40 PM
Sold off most of mine already during the first run up, sold the rest off recently....regardless FUD or not, can't be bothered and will not risk it.

Glad I'm mostly in XST, amongst other good coins like HAL and Librex.

Stealthcoin, honestly.you can't go wrong .

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
September 20, 2014, 04:21:33 PM
My money is on that "TheFascistMind" isn't "AnonyMint".

Dude hes clearly anonymint.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
September 20, 2014, 04:20:20 PM
My money is on that "TheFascistMind" isn't "AnonyMint".
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 20, 2014, 04:19:48 PM
Geez I was so worried about how I would be anonymous in the future and it seems I have the opposite problem and can't even convince people who I am. Perfect.  Kiss

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 20, 2014, 04:13:36 PM
Ok, maybe I'm overlooking something here.

If there is an exploit, surely the developers of Monero would spot it better than anyone else? It must be a pretty damn obscure exploit if they haven't found it. Or maybe it doesn't exist. Here, I've found this exploit in your code, pay me 100 BTC and I'll tell you what it is. Wink wink.

If I was the Monero devs, I'd be tirelessly looking for the exploit and fixing it myself. If such exploit even exists. If it doesn't, then they'll have a job finding it, that's for sure. If it does exist, then it sounds like they'll know exactly where to look for it at this point.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
September 20, 2014, 04:13:32 PM
Reduction of anonymity set is confirmed in BCX's exploit, so please stop bagging on BCX. He appears to be legit. I am working with smooth now on mitigation and also whether wallets can be stolen or not. That is a key question.

Appears the CN devs were already aware of some of what I pointed out, but I may have a key insight. Still trying to determine this.

Am busy right now on this. So be patient.

can other long term posters confirm if you are or are not anonymint?

I have no reason to doubt it. I have no out-of-band method to verify it though. Others may have one.

he is either anonymint or a clone of anonymint
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
September 20, 2014, 04:11:44 PM
So is there a problem or not?

If you're a CryptoNote-based cryptocurrency where persons unknown are in control of, say, 82% of the outputs then there is a problem and anonymity cannot be trusted. Monero does not have that problem. There are further mitigations we are taking to ensure that a cascade is incredibly improbable, which was the entire point of the MRL-0001 research bulletin.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
September 20, 2014, 04:10:58 PM

Judging from public posts, I believe they are two pseudonyms belonging to the same individual. I would be very surprised to learn otherwise.

He closed the other one, AFAIK.
Activity: 605
September 20, 2014, 04:10:45 PM

lol exactly this
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
September 20, 2014, 04:10:32 PM
Reduction of anonymity set is confirmed in BCX's exploit, so please stop bagging on BCX. He appears to be legit. I am working with smooth now on mitigation and also whether wallets can be stolen or not. That is a key question.

Appears the CN devs were already aware of some of what I pointed out, but I may have a key insight. Still trying to determine this.

Am busy right now on this. So be patient.

I have no reason to doubt it. I have no out-of-band method to verify it though. Others may have one.
Activity: 605
September 20, 2014, 04:10:07 PM
All of which is public information. Tremendous confidence isn't really good enough.. what else?
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
September 20, 2014, 04:09:16 PM

Judging from public posts, I believe they are two pseudonyms belonging to the same individual. I would be very surprised to learn otherwise.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
September 20, 2014, 04:07:44 PM
Jump to: