Pages:
Author

Topic: deleted - page 4. (Read 22102 times)

Activity: 561
Merit: 500
July 26, 2012, 03:20:11 PM
Well damn, litecoin prices are up. I was hoping to buy in while they were low. Anyway, this is fun. Has the "attack" started yet?

The whole 51% attack thing is part of the scam. BCX wants in on Litecoin, but she missed the boat - too much time spent blasting her rock-hard abs at the gym. But how to get the price down so she can buy in? That's easy - threaten an attack and buy when everyone is panic selling!

If she actually wanted to bring down the chain she would have attacked it already. Instead, all the macho posturing has made it clear that she's a paper tiger. So no-one is selling, we're just sitting back to watch the show.

The fact is, BCX's attack has already begun. It's a social engineering attack, not crypto.

ps: "Hey! Who thew that piece of paper at me?!?" I'll bet you get that reference...
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
July 26, 2012, 03:03:59 PM
Well damn, litecoin prices are up. I was hoping to buy in while they were low. Anyway, this is fun. Has the "attack" started yet?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
July 26, 2012, 03:01:59 PM
Have you ever made a post on this thread without changing your story/plan of action?

Well, since BlowHardEXpress is into Bikes, I figure IT can enjoy, or at least appreciate this.....

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Learn as you go...
July 26, 2012, 02:53:28 PM
Bad news, a new check point only allows a roll back to that point and I actually suggested that be done.

More bad news, after the roll back, all I go to do is simply refork it and repeat.

Increasing solo hash rate above 300 MHS, is your only defense.

How about someone who actually understands a 51% attack responding.

~BCX~

Have you ever made a post on this thread without changing your story/plan of action?
Activity: 574
July 26, 2012, 02:45:46 PM
If they know it, why, pray tell, are they acting so re-actively? If one controls the situation, once does not need to respond to baseless attacks. If it is BS, why dignify the foolishness with a response, a market panic, exchanges collapsing and wholesale dumping? Just quietly dismiss the silly verbal nonsense and go about your business.

BlowHardEXpress is full of shit and needs to be BANNED from this forum.

For those that believe that I should be banned instead......

I have:
- NEVER attempted to hide my real identity.
- NEVER caused market panic or spread FUD.
- ALWAYS been truthful, no matter how much tact I decided to use in responses.

SO.. put THAT in your pipe and smoke it, BlowHardEXpress.

But, good sir iDetective, we do not have requirements against hiding true identities (which would be somewhat antithetical to the entire raison d'etre of bitcoin!); we all choose to play the markets under our own constraints, as they are completely unregulated, making FUD, panic and pants crapping completely fair, as are shameless pimping, shilling, pumping and dumping; and truth on the internet? Please, I know you don't believe in that maxim, truly without respect to tact, and our mutual disregard for it, anybody with an IQ in the mid double digits knows that 95% of everything on the internet is false, and the other 5% just hasn't been found out yet.

Thus, a banning, while satisfying to some folks need for a nanny to control all the bad monsters that crop up in our dreams, is unwarranted here. BCX is just another colorful dingbat, albeit perhaps a Hot Asian Chick working at Apple dingbat, in this grand ship of fools. I assure you there are just as many people who would see you, or me, or Matthew, or even Phineas banned for some slight we have given. Hell, there was a backlash against My Little Pony, and how vanilla is that creepy rainbow stuff? That's the beauty and the lifeblood of community- it may take a village to raise a child (especially if your old man is out banging interns all day) but it takes the fires of contentious debate to forge the sharpened blade of change, and when it all comes down to it- we are all trying to make change here.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
July 26, 2012, 02:26:41 PM
If they know it, why, pray tell, are they acting so re-actively? If one controls the situation, once does not need to respond to baseless attacks. If it is BS, why dignify the foolishness with a response, a market panic, exchanges collapsing and wholesale dumping? Just quietly dismiss the silly verbal nonsense and go about your business.

If you look at people actually trading in LTC they do exactly this. Apart from an early temporary spike down the price movement is boring. People come here to feed their need of drama, is all.
I heart thebaron
July 26, 2012, 02:25:11 PM

BlowHardEXpress is full of shit and needs to be BANNED from this forum.

For those that believe that I should be banned instead......

I have:
- NEVER attempted to hide my real identity.
- NEVER caused market panic or spread FUD.
- ALWAYS been truthful, no matter how much tact I decided to use in responses.

SO.. put THAT in your pipe and smoke it, BlowHardEXpress.
July 26, 2012, 02:19:59 PM
Activity: 213
July 26, 2012, 02:14:50 PM
Why? You want cogent discussion or fear and loathing with a side of hysteria? Personally, I am enjoying the laughs of this little drama, to think that a group of technically savvy folks around the world could get so worked up over a pretend money worth about $27 in real dollars! And you have the Bulgarian exchange/money laundering operation crapping their pants and mumbling whatski happenedski???

You just pantsed an entire alt currency and they don't realize it yet! Now that is some damn fine funny right there.

Actually a lot of people know he is BS...
July 26, 2012, 02:10:57 PM
Why? You want cogent discussion or fear and loathing with a side of hysteria? Personally, I am enjoying the laughs of this little drama, to think that a group of technically savvy folks around the world could get so worked up over a pretend money worth about $27 in real dollars! And you have the Bulgarian exchange/money laundering operation crapping their pants and mumbling whatski happenedski???

You just pantsed an entire alt currency and they don't realize it yet! Now that is some damn fine funny right there.
I heart thebaron
July 26, 2012, 02:09:31 PM
Bad news, a new check point only allows a roll back to that point and I actually suggested that be done.

More bad news, after the roll back, all I go to do is simply refork it and repeat.

Increasing solo hash rate above 300 MHS, is your only defense.

How about someone who actually understands a 51% attack responding.

~BCX~

First off, YOU DON'T HAVE 300+ MH...... OTHERWISE, PROVE IT.

We all know how a 50+% attack works, now go and get fucked.

Time to PUT UP OR SHUT THE FUCK UP.

SHOW US PROOF.
July 26, 2012, 02:03:52 PM
Okay, in light of all the contentious screaming here, I have decided to approach this matter and offer my services as a mediator to get it stopped. As soon as I am paid a retainer of 100,000 ltc I will enter into negotiations with BCX to stop this horrible assault. I have had communications with her in the past, and I believe that we can find a compromise stance that allows her to make the statement that she intends by this action, and still protect the interests of the earnest miners and pool operators who oppose this type of thuggery.

Please forward 100,000 ltc to LWDGyN3VApC3yn1PjHLoFAcvTQc3oY51ed to get this salvation started, I am confident that I will be able to stop this unwarranted harassment.

As a long time fan of yours, I must say you're a disappointment.

You did realize that I was being sarcastic right? Seriously, 10% of the entire float to go and negotiate on your behalf? And I admitted that I was scamming the world? Please say it isn't so, Joe.
Activity: 389
July 26, 2012, 01:59:35 PM
Can we PLEASE get this attack started already ?

I wouldn't want to think that DoucheCoinExpress is full of shit.....or even MORE of a blowhard.

LET'S SEE SOME RESULTS.
The posted "attack" plan says that no one should see anything until Friday, and that's part of the point, that everything from Midnight until then won't be included in the new fork. I'd say it's also the beauty of it for Express, FUD, FUD everywhere. No one can confirm the attack until then and everything is just a giant clusterfuck until we see the proof.

Also, at this point Express has also threatened both to fork the chain and to drive up difficulty, which both have different attack vectors.

For anyone who didn't see it already, Coblee has released a patch to make the fork worthless (by ensuring the current fork stays)
I added a new checkpoint to repel the potential 51% attack.
It is important for all pools and exchanges to use this new code.
For now, please grab the source and compile yourself. I will work on the binary release soon.

To get the code, grab the 0.6.3 branch:

Code:
git clone git://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin.git
cd litecoin
git branch -f 0.6.3 origin/0.6.3
git checkout 0.6.3
cd src
make -f makefile.

Mac OS X: https://github.com/downloads/litecoin-project/litecoin/litecoin-0.6.3c-macosx.dmg

Windows binaries coming in a few more hours.
I heart thebaron
July 26, 2012, 01:23:46 PM
Can we PLEASE get this attack started already ?

I wouldn't want to think that DoucheCoinExpress is full of shit.....or even MORE of a blowhard.

LET'S SEE SOME RESULTS.
Activity: 235
July 26, 2012, 12:26:30 PM
Okay, in light of all the contentious screaming here, I have decided to approach this matter and offer my services as a mediator to get it stopped. As soon as I am paid a retainer of 100,000 ltc I will enter into negotiations with BCX to stop this horrible assault. I have had communications with her in the past, and I believe that we can find a compromise stance that allows her to make the statement that she intends by this action, and still protect the interests of the earnest miners and pool operators who oppose this type of thuggery.

Please forward 100,000 ltc to LWDGyN3VApC3yn1PjHLoFAcvTQc3oY51ed to get this salvation started, I am confident that I will be able to stop this unwarranted harassment.

As a long time fan of yours, I must say you're a disappointment.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
July 25, 2012, 10:11:20 PM
Talk goes a long way
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
July 25, 2012, 09:56:42 PM
But, didn't BCX already win. After changing their tone from talking about 51% attacking to, raising the difficulty, well didn't they win at that already? Now that everyone is mining litecoins to help protect them, the difficulty is on its way up.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Pages:
Jump to: