Pages:
Author

Topic: Democracy Yes OR No ??? - page 2. (Read 16571 times)

Activity: 120
Merit: 6
May 01, 2019, 04:55:53 PM
Yes democracy is good but if its a proper democracy not a partial and paralyzed one. Democracy give right to every single person to choose best for a country and it saves the basic right of every individual. And at the end Worst democracy is better than best martial law.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
April 28, 2019, 08:16:32 AM
So in that sense, I can say almost every country in the world is Democratic, except North Korea of course and some other countries like them. Because this does not have right to speech maybe they do not have corruption like other countries but they do have people who are trying to escape their administrators that also a form of corruption at a very small rate. No matter whatever you do no country can become a fully democratic country or non-democratic country without going to a lot of trouble. So no country in the world is perfect till now

Unfortunately, there are currently many more countries in which democracy does not exist like Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, etc. and also many countries where democracy is limited like China, Russia, Turkey etc.
Yes, we don't have perfect country yet because democracy is not perfect political system.
However, until we find something better, democracy should remain because alternatives do not exist now (right alternatives).

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
April 27, 2019, 01:10:47 PM
So in that sense, I can say almost every country in the world is Democratic, except North Korea of course and some other countries like them. Because this does not have right to speech maybe they do not have corruption like other countries but they do have people who are trying to escape their administrators that also a form of corruption at a very small rate. No matter whatever you do no country can become a fully democratic country or non-democratic country without going to a lot of trouble. So no country in the world is perfect till now
Activity: 490
Merit: 17
April 26, 2019, 06:46:16 AM
Here are some merits of democracy :
1)It is more accountable
2)The elected leaders need to perform better for their stability
3)Gives the people right to choose among the best
4)It enhances the dignity of a citizen

Demerits of democracy :
1)Leaders keep on changing leads to instability
2)It is all about political competition and power play
3)Elected leaders do not know the best interests of people
4)Democracy leads to corruption.

So which country would you prefer a democratic or non-democratic ?
I prefer a democratic government and most of the development we have all over the world is as a result of people been able to come togather and correct themselves through democratical ways.  I hate dictatorship and self imposed governments .
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
April 25, 2019, 05:25:05 AM
Here are some merits of democracy :
1)It is more accountable
2)The elected leaders need to perform better for their stability
3)Gives the people right to choose among the best
4)It enhances the dignity of a citizen

Demerits of democracy :
1)Leaders keep on changing leads to instability
2)It is all about political competition and power play

So which country would you prefer a democratic or non-democratic ?

I don't think that this is a dilemma. Of course, democracy is the best even with its flaws.
It is the less disastrous policy and citizens are able to tell their opinion and vote. This gives rights to everyone and equality is above all. Also, Corruption exists both in democratic and non-democratic policies.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
April 24, 2019, 04:18:58 PM
Actually it depends on people of your country. If people has vision or they are enough educated; you might prefer democracy
Activity: 257
Merit: 32
April 23, 2019, 12:20:16 PM
If country has some problems with economics/ bad constructed law/ internal or external conflict
and it needs quick reforms, it is impossible to introduce regulations quickly.
Same problem if changes have bad effects for people in short term and good effect in long term, because most people don't think about long term.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 696
April 22, 2019, 02:12:59 PM
Democracy have lots of bug.  Non-democratic people do not deserve democracy.   

If a community has dark thoughts. They just have dark thoughts.

If a community has dark thoughts and if they wants democracy, if they are talking about 7-24 about democracy, voting, freedom of speech etc.  They don't want Democracy.   

So, a community has dark thoughts in their mind, talking about democracy and voting constantly.   what they want?

They want your Head.

Trust me they want your head. they want your life. they want to screw your life.

Just look the Turkey.  They did a great revolution in 1920's.  Young turks lifted a wrecked society.   They give to women right to vote and to be elected in 1920's even before europe.

For 70 years. in every election islamist won. They came step by step.  In the first years they were act same as Muslims parliamentarian in todays eu.  They use all of the opportunities of Democracy and humanity for destroy them.
     I born in a half-secular country, trying to be civilized and aiming to become an advanced county. I born in a republic.   

Now i m living in a presential middle east country. There is no democracy in here.

I have two advice to EU citizens;

1.  Don't trust any kind of lie their saying. Don't compromise
     2.  (its more important)   Don't trust any Deceived Democracy warrior and humanist in society, they are fools.

If you want to see the realty about how democracy and honorful people fail.   Just read about Turkey deeply.

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
April 22, 2019, 12:52:03 PM
^^^ Second best. Anarchy-like libertarianism has democracy beat all over the place.

Cool
ZPW
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
April 22, 2019, 10:53:59 AM

democracy is certainly a rare trash. But so far the best for what people came Grin
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 20, 2019, 02:19:33 PM
Though democracy has it's cons, there are no any better alternative to democracy. It's only in democracy people experience full freedom and are mentally widely open to every new and old ideas.
Activity: 457
Merit: 262
April 20, 2019, 11:04:06 AM
I would prefer monarchy or military rule to democracy. In my country, there was absolute monarchy until 2008, and a democratically elected government after that. During monarchy, corruption was at an absolute minimum. But ever since the fall of monarchy, there have been a steep rise in corruption and crime rate. On top of that, democracy always favor illiterate and unskilled ethnic groups which try to increase their population by not following family planning.
Activity: 258
Merit: 100
Co-founder Love Air Promise
April 20, 2019, 10:22:47 AM
It is high time we adapt to democratic system of government. This will be a time we got to make necessitated changes to help build the economy for the better.
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
Veil
April 19, 2019, 05:23:38 AM
I prefer a mix of democratic and military system of government.
The reason I said so is because the system of government being practiced in my country is democracy but it has no effect as it does not contribute to the development of the country.
This is because it's being taken advantage of due to it's lenient nature.
The Democratic system of government in Nigeria is being abused by leaders and even citizens.
Activity: 594
Merit: 253
March 27, 2019, 07:21:14 PM
There is no perfect type of government, but I do prefer democracy over any others.  At least democracy give the people a voice in how they should be governed. 

Sometimes letting the whole populace picking its leaders becomes bad when a state's literacy rate is too low.
legendary
March 27, 2019, 07:16:46 PM
There is no perfect type of government. But if there were one thing added to government in the USA that would make it as close to perfect as it could get, it would be this. Formal training for all people in the whole copuntry so that they would clearly know that:
1. They can invoke a jury trial in any court case against them;
2. The jury formally knows that it can strike down any law in the case at hand;
3. That they can use a local jury to attack any State or Federal law made, and have it repealed for their local area, but at least for themselves;
4. That the jury is the judge; the magistrate (man in the black robe) is only a referee.

This includes jury control over all laws... even income tax laws.

The funny part isn't the fact that this exists, right now, throughout the entire USA. The funny part is that the people don't know it. Listen to Karl Lentz at http://jurorinlaw.com/talkshoe/klentz/.

Cool

EDIT: Many of the Karl Lentz complete talks that existed all over the Net have been taken down. Download these to your computer before they are gone forever.
Activity: 495
Merit: 10
March 27, 2019, 06:38:05 PM
There is no perfect type of government, but I do prefer democracy over any others.  At least democracy give the people a voice in how they should be governed. 
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
March 27, 2019, 03:14:27 PM
Before we decide that democracy is bad and that we need ''something else'', first we should find what is better political system and what can replace democracy.
If we can't find anything better than we have no choice but to choose democracy or we will have anarchy and chaos in society.
Activity: 504
Merit: 127
Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus
March 27, 2019, 02:30:20 PM
Actually they know but they don't give actions to what people wanted for their country. Since, they are the leaders of the country, they have what it takes to pass the law in the congress without asking for some ideas from those people who are against that kind of law.

Best reason for anti democratic country, yet not a great example to have in a country. It is visible in my country Philippines and it's viewed as one of the most corrupt country in Asia.

Democracy is great, but some leaders are greedy. And it leads to corruption.
legendary
March 27, 2019, 12:03:26 PM
"Democracy," from Dictionary.com:
democracy
[dih-mok-ruh-see]

noun, plural de·moc·ra·cies.

1. government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.

2. a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies.

3. a state of society characterized by formal equality of rights and privileges.

4. political or social equality; democratic spirit.

5. the common people of a community as distinguished from any privileged class; the common people with respect to their political power.

In other words, where is the democracy in any country? Democracy is great. But where do you find it?

What I mean is, if there is majority rule, what happened to the the government by the minority? Do the people of the minority suddenly become something other than people? If it is government by the majority but not the minority, then it is not a government by the people. Rather, it's a government by only some of the people.

When a government is rule by a majority, even if the majority is a group of people, it starts to fit into the definition of a dictatorship:
dictatorship
[dik-tey-ter-ship, dik-tey-]

noun

1. a country, government, or the form of government in which absolute power is exercised by a dictator.

2. absolute, imperious, or overbearing power or control.

3. the office or position held by a dictator.

What is a democracy, really? Isn't it a government where every person has complete authority, and nobody has authority over any of them?

Consider. If you want to use your personal governmental authority to steal property belonging to someone else, aren't you limited by the governmental authority of the other person when he says "NO" to you? You are limited because your government doesn't have authority over his government. Both of you have democratic rule whereever yours ends and his begins.

Yet, all over the USA, government people are doing things in and out of court, against other people, mostly without their agreement... at least in spirit.

The USA government might be closer to a democracy than most other countries. But it is definitely not a democracy. Rather, it is a form of dictatorship. It is dictatorial rule by the handful in government, even though it is said to be majority rule... majority rule, which is dictatorship by the majority over the minority.

Think about it, and then listen to Karl Lentz to see how to turn the USA back into the democracy that it is supposed to be - http://jurorinlaw.com/talkshoe/klentz/.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: