Pages:
Author

Topic: [DGC] Digitalcoin 3.0 | Multi-algorithm, Improved Blockchain Storage | RELEASED! - page 2. (Read 85609 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
I look positively on this project. I will monitor the development of the situation.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
DGC the code to see this kind of good ah, the original Chinese had an MLM money also abbreviated DGC, has run away,: -. The real DGC of this block chain has developed in general for the past few years, at least from the price trend. Undecided
Activity: 3
I know that some MacOS users experienced this issue with the last build and i'm working on this point.

So just wait, a better build will come Wink

Cheers mate.   Smiley
Activity: 13
Hello dev,

Why DGC is underevevaluated  a lot of. More investment in developement and marketing can develop very quickly the project, following on Twitter, telegram forum, Facebook and other social media. Resurrection of this coin is widely possible with more imagination
Activity: 22
I know that some MacOS users experienced this issue with the last build and i'm working on this point.

So just wait, a better build will come Wink
On a mac (OS10.12.6) and got this message:

Digital-qt cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure digitalcoin-qt works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS.

Suggestions?  Smiley
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
Is DIGITALCOIN.X11 on Miningdutch the same this coin?
Nice to see this coin hasn't been forgotten by all. Here's hoping it get's back up and running.
@kadrit
Good initiative! Can you send me an invitation please?
Just a quick message to tell the community that a new version (4.0.1) is available for Windows.

This new version include :

-All the previous work from Baritus.
   -No need to add the node list manually to synchronize.
   -A brand new design of the logo.
   -A cleaner GUI for the wallet, mainly inspired by the Bitcoin-core wallet new design.

The windows build can be found here : https://github.com/lomtax/digitalcoin/releases

Any suggestion about future features is welcome.
Any help from another dev is also very welcome Smiley
Thanks ! If someone in a big exchange wants to hire me, he can feel free to ask me for an interview Smiley

About your issue, it's very strange because this error happen when the line 299 of rpcrawtransaction.cpp is:

const CScriptID& hash = boost::get<const CScriptID&>(address);

instand of :

const CScriptID& hash = boost::get(address);

but you should aldready have this patch if you are up-to-date.
Maybe you can recheck you have this modification and do this :

make clean
./autogen.sh
./configure
sudo make install

If it stil not working you can restart from scratch and reclone the project from https://github.com/lomtax/digitalcoin.git
Just to know, what version of linux are you using ?

I've also integrated all the work from Baritus into this repo, special thanks to you Baritus, good work !
Activity: 29
Nada. The result of git pull is that it is already up to date and sudo make install stops with the exact same error message I posted previously.
Still stumped. Do you think I should  erase all traces of latest files and downloaded tarball and simply start from scratch. I'm willing to try, but not certain it is necessary.
Seems like I should be able to locate the source of the stumbling block, and move forward, but it is a mystery as to what the problem is. I already went through the list of
dependencies and feel pretty sure I have all the ducks in a row... still no quack! I sincerely appreciate all your help though. If you are not already, you should be working for customer service
at some big time exchange and making about five times whatever your current pay rate is. Just a thought. Grin
@DrSluice

Sounds like your git working tree is not up-to-date, i had this issue yesterday and i fixed it,  can you try the following lines ?

cd digitalcoin
git checkout .
git pull 
./configure
sudo make install
digitalcoin-qt

Is it ok now ?
Activity: 323
Merit: 250
Current system is breaking down (W7 64bit w/ RAM issues). It took some work, and the wallet now loads (had to wipe out previous data eg blockchain).

Interestingly, it reports the original DGC wallet as being corrupt and fails to initialize.
Thanks lomtax for all your efforts. I copied and pasted your revised install code for Linux and all goes well until I get this error message:

rpcrawtransaction.cpp:299:77:   required from here
/usr/include/boost/variant/get.hpp:178:5: error: invalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type ‘boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE
     BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT_MSG(
     ^
Makefile:897: recipe for target 'rpcrawtransaction.o' failed
make[2]: *** [rpcrawtransaction.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/glen/digitalcoin/src'
Makefile:919: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/glen/digitalcoin/src'
Makefile:509: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I must be closer than ever, but still won't fully make. FYI, yes I did sudo during the make install command. For now I'm still mining DGC to a paper wallet address and looking forward to sorting this out. I think I'm feeling nostalgic
for some simpler coins that just plain work and  I used Digital coin back when it first hit the scene. I liked it.

Thanks again if you have any ideas how I can move forward from here let me know. Probably something silly at this point.
Thank for your feedback guys, and sorry for the bad experience you had.

@DrSluice

My bad, I didn't updated the build notice yesterday. It's a very new fork so some old stuff are still here, sorry for the time you have wasted.
Today, thank to your feedback, i have worked on this point and you can now build and launch the wallet directly from the source, just with this following line in the terminal :

sudo apt-get install -y git
git clone https://github.com/lomtax/digitalcoin.git
cd digitalcoin
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential libtool autotools-dev autoconf pkg-config libssl-dev
sudo apt-get install -y libboost-all-dev libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev libqt4-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler
./autogen.sh
./configure
sudo make install
digitalcoin-qt

I've tested those lines on a fresh new install of Ubuntu 17.10 and it's building like a charm.
I will remove the linux build from the release page of github because this way is far better for having an updated build on Linux.
I also updated the build notice on the project main page.
Hope this work well for you this time.

@verloren

Can you tell me more about your configuration? What version of windows are you using? and did you have a previous digitalcoin wallet installed on your PC?
I have tested this build on multiple windows 10 with no previous digitalcoin installed and i didn't had any problem.

If you had a previous version, you can try to remove your C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Digitalcoin folder before opening this build.
Warning : Of course, make a backup of your Wallet.dat before removing the folder Smiley
Hope this work well for you too.

I'm currently working on a new version for removing the need of adding manually the node list into the conf file.
Linux users aldready have this feature with the process i wrote before. Other builds will come soon.
Activity: 57
Client loads, gets past splash screen, then quits. Deletes itself from the HDD as well.

That sounds bad...
Activity: 323
Merit: 250
Doesn't seem to work on Windows. Client loads, gets past splash screen, then quits. Deletes itself from the HDD as well.
Hate to be a downer but  Linux wallet still not working for me. Tried everything won't configure or make keeps complaining of missing  BerkeleyDB C++ headers missing. when I try all available remedies I end up with a conflict between libdb4.8-dev
and 5.3. nothing working qt wallet not installed properly. Think I'll give up for now, and try again in a few days.

Thanks
Activity: 57
Wallet fixed !

Today is a good day for the DGC !

Windows, MacOS and Linux build of the DGC wallet are available for download !

You can find them on my forked version of the official repo, i added the fix patch and a new splash screen to celebrate this event Smiley
It's called DGC v4.0, and i will do other modification later on the GUI.
I don't plan to change something about the core blockchain system and mining algos for the moment. (i will need help for that.)

All builds can be found here :

https://github.com/lomtax/digitalcoin/releases

I added a .txt file with a list of nodes ip with the builds, don't forget to add the content of this file into your digitalcoin.conf to make the wallet synchronize with the network.

Enjoy Smiley

Wow! That's a great news! Smiley
Now it would be good to write a message to baritus. He said he had a contact with btc38. And he can try to ask their admin to restore the DGC on BTC38 if the wallet will be fixed.
Pages:
Jump to: