Pages:
Author

Topic: [DGC] Digitalcoin 3.0 | Multi-algorithm, Improved Blockchain Storage | RELEASED! - page 3. (Read 85609 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Wallet fixed !

Today is a good day for the DGC !

Windows, MacOS and Linux build of the DGC wallet are available for download !

You can find them on my forked version of the official repo, i added the fix patch and a new splash screen to celebrate this event Smiley
It's called DGC v4.0, and i will do other modification later on the GUI.
I don't plan to change something about the core blockchain system and mining algos for the moment. (i will need help for that.)

All builds can be found here :

https://github.com/lomtax/digitalcoin/releases

I added a .txt file with a list of nodes ip with the builds, don't forget to add the content of this file into your digitalcoin.conf to make the wallet synchronize with the network.

Enjoy Smiley
Yes of course, for multiple reason (universal name, age, existing community...) i think DGC still have a huge potential.
Maybe I can create the "DGC V4" fork on github as you proposed and include the little code modification i've done.
It could be great if some people here are ok for starting/joining a new dev team, I can't do it all alone Smiley
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Hi,

I took a look at the source code and the startup crash seems pretty easy to fix.
I've got a working wallet on linux and osx, is someone interrested in the windows build ?
I can fork the official source on github and store the new release on it if you want.

that would be great

Question: would it be possible to fork this coin & update it to new coin with new Dev support ?

Seems original Developer has truly abandoned DGC

Hi,

I took a look at the source code and the startup crash seems pretty easy to fix.
I've got a working wallet on linux and osx, is someone interrested in the windows build ?
I can fork the official source on github and store the new release on it if you want.
Activity: 539
Merit: 100
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Hi. I’m starting a list of the oldest cryptos. For now I’m maintaining the list on a bitcointalk thread but will eventually host a website. Hoping to add value to old coins by making the age rankings easy to look up.

Offering $20 in crypto bounty for additions/corrections. I want it to be accurate, but I’m sure I’ve made mistakes so could use your help please.

Thread with the list and details is here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20120985
it would be nice for community to start the processes of a coin takeover

DGC.V4 fork proposed  

a 4th algo would be a nice update to bring GPU mining back to DGC.

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
agree older coins had better community, not just the get rich quick crowds of today (funilly enough most the old school crowd got rich).

i do see a brighter future for the older coins that are still going like feathercoin etc, over the million and one ICO, airdrops etc being pumped out each day.

DGC itself could be revived, i'm sure most the old community is still around.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
It is a shame this coin is part of the graveyard. Really liked their logo as well.
Hardly any old coins are part of the current top 100. Everything seems to be ICo's...

possible theory

Chinese exchange BTC38 was buying DGB but not allowing people to Dept/withdraw and DGC only added to that exchange by the admin...creating a false high demand for the coin... and this created larger buy orders on bluetrade, cryptopia, and coinexchange ....creating the perfect scenario for a large dump.
legendary
i'm curious about this coins fall?

what happened? used to be one of the strongest crypto communities  Huh

mec, dgc, wdc, quark, cbx

all those giants from 2013 wave all hit bottom of the pile

cbx making a come back

dgc was crushed when the dev apparently got hacked and the premine dumped. Many didnt buy that story.... who can say.

I think all of these giants should make come back.

After delete of these coins from the Chinese exchange BTC38 chance for a new pump and attention equal to 0.
Invest only in those coins that have an active team and time-tested.

well if i'm interested i wouldn't say the chance is equal to zero  Wink
legendary
dgc was crushed when the dev apparently got hacked and the premine dumped. Many didnt buy that story.... who can say.

wasn't that an old story from ages back, even i was on the attack back then.....but its seemed to be still kicking along until relatively recently  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

what happened? used to be one of the strongest crypto communities  Huh

cbx making a come back

After delete of these coins from the Chinese exchange BTC38 chance for a new pump and attention equal to 0.
Invest only in those coins that have an active team and time-tested.
Ive been following this coin for many years now.... on the 25/7/2017  someone dumped about 5 mill USD worth of DGC  mostly on bleutrade & cryptopia  and a fair amount on coinexchange

could of been the coin dump everyone was waiting for Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

cbx making a come back

legendary

legendary
was runtime error ever fixed in the windows client?

The only problem of the current wallet version is that the wallet makes an incorrect request to the bittrex exchange, trying to get the DGC price. But DGC is absent on the bittrex, so the wallet applications stops with an error.

All you need to do to get it to work, is put a "127.0.0.1  bittrex.com" into the hosts file.

thanks

any nodes?
Activity: 57

The only problem of the current wallet version is that the wallet makes an incorrect request to the bittrex exchange, trying to get the DGC price. But DGC is absent on the bittrex, so the wallet applications stops with an error.

All you need to do to get it to work, is put a "127.0.0.1  bittrex.com" into the hosts file.
Activity: 84
sopool.us - One of the fastest pools!

SOpool.us has added DGC, only 1.25% fee!

Mine on one of the fastest most reliable pools on the net!  We are hosted on the top cloud platform, with built in DDOS resistance!

Multi-Pool is now enabled!
Use your wallet address as your username, and c=DGC as your password.

No Registration required.  Rewards will be sent to your address every 3 hours!

Example config below

To get paid in DGC:
Code:
-a x11 -o stratum+tcp://sopool.us:3533 -u DFRYnuQAJWvwGv84akBEtPFQJAxzSpXuJL -p c=DGC 

To get paid in BTC:
Code:
-a x11 -o stratum+tcp://sopool.us:3533 -u DFRYnuQAJWvwGv84akBEtPFQJAxzSpXuJL -p c=BTC 
Donation Address: DFRYnuQAJWvwGv84akBEtPFQJAxzSpXuJL
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: