Pages:
Author

Topic: DiabloMiner GPU Miner - page 84. (Read 866206 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
December 10, 2010, 11:36:14 AM
Hi Diablo, I tested new binary on MacOS, which was not working before two days. Everything works perfectly now!
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
DiabloMiner author
December 10, 2010, 11:18:18 AM
At the moment, my miner doesn't work on Geforce until Nvidia fixes their bugs... however, in your case, its because you're using a headless version of the JDK. Install a non-headless version of the JDK.

If you can figure out a good workaround for the Geforce bug (see above posts for description), feel free to send me a patch.
Actually no, I believe the problem is more likely that the library is linked against a different version of the Sun JVM. The headless problem can be easily solved using

-Djava.awt.headless=true

Since GeForce are buggy I will wait for them to work before having another go Smiley

lwjgl doesn't handle being headless correctly yet. So, trying to force awt headless, or running with DISPLAY unset, will cause either the error you have or the ELFCLASS32 error. lwjgl is linked against java 1.5, and my app is built against 1.6, so its not an issue of what version stuff was built with, it works with many versions of sun and openjdk.

As for the Geforce bug, see the post above yours, I think I have it finally fixed, just use the beta drivers.
Activity: 489
Merit: 504
December 10, 2010, 08:58:45 AM
At the moment, my miner doesn't work on Geforce until Nvidia fixes their bugs... however, in your case, its because you're using a headless version of the JDK. Install a non-headless version of the JDK.

If you can figure out a good workaround for the Geforce bug (see above posts for description), feel free to send me a patch.
Actually no, I believe the problem is more likely that the library is linked against a different version of the Sun JVM. The headless problem can be easily solved using

-Djava.awt.headless=true

Since GeForce are buggy I will wait for them to work before having another go Smiley
legendary
DiabloMiner author
December 09, 2010, 10:03:00 PM
Hey nvidia users... I just had an nvidia user on IRC confirm my miner DOES work... but you have to use the beta drivers.

So, sweet, I fixed it. Go upgrade your drivers.
pc
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
December 09, 2010, 10:50:20 AM
Update: I've fixed the nasty Nvidia bug. This should now work correctly on Nvidia and OSX. Everyone go try it and report back.

Working for me on OS X now, getting about 5800 khash/sec on my Mac Pro with a GeForce GT 120.

Thank you very much.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin
December 09, 2010, 10:11:30 AM
Update: I've fixed the nasty Nvidia bug. This should now work correctly on Nvidia and OSX. Everyone go try it and report back.

FAILED again on my machine:

./DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -u XXXX -p XXXX
Added GeForce 9800 GX2 (#1) (16 CU, local work size of

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception: Failed to build program on GeForce 9800 GX2 (#1)
   at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner$DeviceState.(DiabloMiner.java:319)
   at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.execute(DiabloMiner.java:186)
   at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.main(DiabloMiner.java:89)

Well, at least it failed farther into the kernel build process. This is good news.

Yes Smiley

Anyway, this experience (and others) has convinced me to never buy a nVidia or other heavily proprietary/closed product...I will probably use ATI/AMD next time I upgrade.
legendary
DiabloMiner author
December 09, 2010, 10:07:52 AM

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception: Failed to build program on GeForce 9800 GX2 (#1)

Well, at least it failed farther into the kernel build process. This is good news.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin
December 09, 2010, 02:14:17 AM

legendary
DiabloMiner author
December 09, 2010, 12:26:32 AM
legendary
DiabloMiner author
December 08, 2010, 09:48:11 PM
I have got access for a limited time to a small cluster running some Geforce cards, and I'm wondering if I can get your miner to work on them at night. Problem is they are debian machines and they are headless. The headless is not so much a problem since I can run Java in headless mode, what is a problem is this:

Any idea as to why?

Activity: 489
Merit: 504
December 08, 2010, 09:22:17 PM
I have got access for a limited time to a small cluster running some Geforce cards, and I'm wondering if I can get your miner to work on them at night. Problem is they are debian machines and they are headless. The headless is not so much a problem since I can run Java in headless mode, what is a problem is this:

Code:
 ./DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -u bitcoin -p xxx
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /bla/DiabloMiner/target/libs/natives/linux/liblwjgl.so: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre/lib/i386/libjawt.so: symbol awt_FreeDrawingSurface, version SUNWprivate_1.1 not defined in file libmawt.so with link time reference
        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1803)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1728)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1028)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:73)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:66)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:82)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.(Sys.java:99)
        at org.lwjgl.opencl.CL.(CL.java:51)
        at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.execute(DiabloMiner.java:185)
        at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.main(DiabloMiner.java:90)

Any idea as to why?
legendary
DiabloMiner author
December 08, 2010, 04:23:24 AM
Perhaps I could get some help:

I have the sinking feeling that my first foray into GPU processing has uncovered that my GPU is unsupported.  It's a Radeon X2100 Mobility.  I haven't seen anything saying that it is supported by OpenCL, but I haven't seen anything saying it isn't either.

It isn't, and you didn't download the Stream SDK, or you're not using it correctly.
lfm
Activity: 196
Merit: 104
December 08, 2010, 03:52:44 AM
I have the sinking feeling that my first foray into GPU processing has uncovered that my GPU is unsupported.  It's a Radeon X2100 Mobility.  I haven't seen anything saying that it is supported by OpenCL, but I haven't seen anything saying it isn't either.

It isn't.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
December 08, 2010, 01:13:00 AM
Code:
$ ./DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -u user -p pass
Exception in thread "main" org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenCL library.
at org.lwjgl.opencl.CL.create(CL.java:121)
at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.execute(DiabloMiner.java:185)

legendary
DiabloMiner author
December 07, 2010, 03:02:52 PM
Just installing miner to my friend. We found this error on his MacOS box. Did anybody see this already? Thanks

mac-mini-david:DiabloMiner david$ ./DiabloMiner-OSX.sh -u **** -p ****
Added GeForce 9400 (#1) (2 CU, 1x vector, local work size of
ERROR: [CL_INVALID_BUILD_OPTIONS] : OpenCL Error : clBuildProgram failed: Invalid build options "-D VECTORS=1 -D NS="(u)((nonce * 1) + 0)" -D CHECKOUTPUT="if(H == 0) {output[0] = ns;}" -D WORKGROUPSIZE="""

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception: Failed to build program on GeForce 9400 (#1)
        at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner$DeviceState.(DiabloMiner.java:371)
        at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.execute(DiabloMiner.java:198)

Its the same as the Nvidia bug (and its only by coincidence that your friend has Nvidia hardware; OSX has its own OpenCL impl). Both Nvidia and OSX do not implement that correctly. Its annoying as hell.
legendary
December 07, 2010, 09:20:12 AM
Just installing miner to my friend. We found this error on his MacOS box. Did anybody see this already? Thanks

mac-mini-david:DiabloMiner david$ ./DiabloMiner-OSX.sh -u **** -p ****
Added GeForce 9400 (#1) (2 CU, 1x vector, local work size of
ERROR: [CL_INVALID_BUILD_OPTIONS] : OpenCL Error : clBuildProgram failed: Invalid build options "-D VECTORS=1 -D NS="(u)((nonce * 1) + 0)" -D CHECKOUTPUT="if(H == 0) {output[0] = ns;}" -D WORKGROUPSIZE="""

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception: Failed to build program on GeForce 9400 (#1)
        at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner$DeviceState.(DiabloMiner.java:371)
        at com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner.execute(DiabloMiner.java:198)
legendary
December 05, 2010, 01:49:26 PM
Update: The -52 errors only happens on SDK 2.2, and now the miner ignores them since they only happen periodically. It does not happen with 2.1 and has no effect on the mining process, and I suggest you use 2.1 anyhow since it runs much faster.

Tried 2.1 and got very poor performance. Core is working only on ~60%. Core is working on 100% after short time, but performance is still poor. 2.2 working perfectly for me (core on ~94%).   --- Oh, finally found 'bitalign' option.
legendary
DiabloMiner author
December 05, 2010, 12:07:13 PM
Update: The -52 errors only happens on SDK 2.2, and now the miner ignores them since they only happen periodically. It does not happen with 2.1 and has no effect on the mining process, and I suggest you use 2.1 anyhow since it runs much faster.
legendary
December 05, 2010, 07:08:36 AM
I tried newest binary on Win7 and ATI right now and it is also not working Sad

ERROR: Failed to queue kernel, error -52

I was so happy there is no need to getwork patch, but I had to revert everything back to old version, because current version is not working on any of my cards Sad.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 05, 2010, 06:08:24 AM
I get this error running the latest compiled version with the supplied windows execution parameters:

http://j.mp/g8jEjO

As per the post immediately before yours, update to the normal 0.3.17 binary, not a m0 patched one

I am not using the patched m0's client.

Anyway, never mind is there a way i can change the port used?
Pages:
Jump to: