Pages:
Author

Topic: DiabloMiner GPU Miner - page 87. (Read 866206 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 251
November 12, 2010, 11:55:36 PM
But then it shouldn't get spammed all over. Once is enough and if it's a known message, you don't have to print it that often. If it is something like "Bitcoin isn't there" it's something that can be deleted in the next second.

If you want to do real debugging, it's better to use some kind of debugging code, which not only shows what the replies look like, but also what the code actually does or at least what happened when the exception occurred. Maybe creating a log file would be better. This would also allow people to study the behavior over longer time frames (beyond restarts).

However, I don't really care. So do what you think is right. I could simply change to code for different behavior.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
DiabloMiner author
November 12, 2010, 05:40:19 PM
Thats not something that can be fixed usefully, consoles don't work that way without heavy manipulation (such as using curses). Bitcoin does not output a JSON message if it is not connected, it only says that it can't connect, and I'm not going to remove the JSON output when it DOES connect and fail because it is a useful debugging tool.
I get the feeling you didn't understand what I meant.

Can't connect to Bitcoin: Failed to communicate with bitcoind: {"result":null,"error":{"code":-1,"message":"Bitcoin is not connected!"},"id":1}

could be:
Bitcoin is not connected!

Just paring the JSON you get and printing the message.
I had a look on you code and think you already wanted to do this:

System.out.println("\rCan't connect to Bitcoin: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());

should be

System.out.print("\rCan't connect to Bitcoin: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());

I guess. It doesn't make a lot of sense to do a carriage return after starting a new line, right?  Wink

That doesn't make any sense because it will just overwrite the entire error a second later. The error is supposed to be part of the ongoing log.

Not only that, I don't know if the exception is JSON or an actual error due to how I hand the exception down, which is actually the correct behavior for designing such an app; you're trying to fix it in the wrong spot. What you really want to suggest is getting the message out of the JSON and then handing that down, which CAN be done.

I'm still. however, not changing the log behavior, this is exactly the way it should work in ANY app designed like this.
November 12, 2010, 02:31:10 PM
Thats not something that can be fixed usefully, consoles don't work that way without heavy manipulation (such as using curses). Bitcoin does not output a JSON message if it is not connected, it only says that it can't connect, and I'm not going to remove the JSON output when it DOES connect and fail because it is a useful debugging tool.
I get the feeling you didn't understand what I meant.

Can't connect to Bitcoin: Failed to communicate with bitcoind: {"result":null,"error":{"code":-1,"message":"Bitcoin is not connected!"},"id":1}

could be:
Bitcoin is not connected!

Just paring the JSON you get and printing the message.
I had a look on you code and think you already wanted to do this:

System.out.println("\rCan't connect to Bitcoin: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());

should be

System.out.print("\rCan't connect to Bitcoin: " + e.getLocalizedMessage());

I guess. It doesn't make a lot of sense to do a carriage return after starting a new line, right?  Wink
legendary
DiabloMiner author
November 12, 2010, 02:59:55 AM
and i always thought it's best to not change a running system.
A popular quote, but nonsense, if you care for things like security.

Must be from a script kiddie, angry because his scripts didn't work any longer Wink

@DiabloD3: Thanks again. If you have spare time you could prevent it from spamming so much when there is no connection (replacing the old message instead of just adding something new) and make him not print the whole JSON-RPC answers when Bitcoin is not connected, but only the message. Just cosmetic things.

Oh, one more thing. Java is in PATH.

Activity: 532
Merit: 505
November 11, 2010, 11:31:24 PM
well, i prefer a running system over a secure one, even if theres some risks involved.
whats the point in security if the stuff you want to use, or the things you want to do dont work, or are not allowed anymore?
security at all costs? no thanks.

but we get a bit offtopic here.
i just thought i'd give it a try and it didnt work for me.
nevermind, m0mchil's works fine.

i appreciate all efforts to create new miners, keep up the good work.
November 11, 2010, 06:33:47 PM

Must be from a script kiddie, angry because his scripts didn't work any longer Wink

@DiabloD3: Thanks again. If you have spare time you could prevent it from spamming so much when there is no connection (replacing the old message instead of just adding something new) and make him not print the whole JSON-RPC answers when Bitcoin is not connected, but only the message. Just cosmetic things.

Oh, one more thing. Java is in PATH.
legendary
DiabloMiner author
November 11, 2010, 02:53:56 PM
Ahh, well I can't help you there. I bet OpenGL apps don't work with Remote Desktop either. Just because its not opening a window doesn't mean my miner isn't using your video card. Same way on Linux, to use OpenCL, you have to have X running.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
November 11, 2010, 02:17:01 PM
I get OpenCL working now. There was error that running DiabloMiner using Remote Desktop cannot detect OpenCL correctly. I think it is completely an error in Windows because it disable many features on remote session. But for program that use OpenCL for non-graphic output it is simply "wtf". When I started program from physical keyboard&mouse, OpenCL detection in DiabloMiner works well.
legendary
DiabloMiner author
November 11, 2010, 10:14:39 AM
Looks like 261.00 does not support OpenCL 1.1 yet. I spend two hours to get it running. I'm pretty sure I have 261.00 installed but driver details tell me I have only OpenCL 1.0 installed Sad.

Nvidia is out of their minds then. Send a bug report to them demanding OpenCL 1.1 support. AMD has already had it for around 6 months, there is no reason why Nvidia can't. This is absurd.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
November 11, 2010, 09:04:17 AM
Looks like 261.00 does not support OpenCL 1.1 yet. I spend two hours to get it running. I'm pretty sure I have 261.00 installed but driver details tell me I have only OpenCL 1.0 installed Sad.
legendary
DiabloMiner author
November 11, 2010, 08:46:31 AM
I suspect that their Windows driver is broken then. Nvidia is advertising OpenCL 1.1 support in these beta drivers, yet it lacks it. You should just go buy a AMD card instead, you'll get several times more mhash anyhow.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
November 11, 2010, 08:10:36 AM
It doesn't work on 64-bit JVM on Vista.

It does. That error (which only appears on Windows that specific way; on every other OS it is a less scary normal exception) means your Nvidia driver is too out of date; Nvidia is lagging on OpenCL support.....

Same error with 261.00 driver version.
legendary
DiabloMiner author
November 11, 2010, 05:54:15 AM
There is no reason to still be using Java 5 six years after it came out. Either upgrade to 6, or build your own copy.
i rarely use java anyway and had no reason so far to upgrade.

if i think about it, that's not even true,
i remember that i had to downgrade from 6 to 5 to make some other stuff work.

Yes, but since I'm on 6, I'd have to install 5 to build jars that work on 5, and I'm not going to do that. 6 has performance increases that make it worth using (same way as 7 over 6 when 7 finally ships).
November 11, 2010, 05:42:56 AM
There is no reason to still be using Java 5 six years after it came out. Either upgrade to 6, or build your own copy.
i rarely use java anyway and had no reason so far to upgrade.

if i think about it, that's not even true,
i remember that i had to downgrade from 6 to 5 to make some other stuff work.
legendary
DiabloMiner author
November 11, 2010, 05:37:56 AM
still doesnt work for me

legendary
DiabloMiner author
November 11, 2010, 05:35:31 AM
Do you plan to release the source code?

See that Github link in the op post? Cheesy
November 11, 2010, 04:45:26 AM
Hi, what I'm doing wrong? Sad
Use the command line I put in the op post. Java on Windows requires you to use \ for path instead of /, and ; instead of : for path separators. No other OS is designed in such a braindead way to require that.

still doesnt work for me
Code:
java version "1.5.0_11"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\bitcoin_stuff\OpenCL\DiabloMiner
>java -cp target\libs\*;target\DiabloMiner-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar -Djava.library.pat
h=target\libs\natives\windows com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner -u ***
 -p ***
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version n
umber in .class file
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
November 11, 2010, 04:45:08 AM
Do you plan to release the source code?
legendary
DiabloMiner author
November 11, 2010, 02:29:04 AM
It doesn't work on 64-bit JVM on Vista.

It does. That error (which only appears on Windows that specific way; on every other OS it is a less scary normal exception) means your Nvidia driver is too out of date; Nvidia is lagging on OpenCL support (I suspect they will be filing for bankruptcy in the next 2-3 years).

And it doesn't work on 32-bit JVM on 64-bit Vista too:

I do not recommend using a 32-bit JVM on a 64-bit Windows. Many apps break due to poor design in Windows. That error, however, is more Nvidia-can't-code problems.
legendary
DiabloMiner author
November 11, 2010, 02:24:53 AM
Hi, what I'm doing wrong? Sad

Use the command line I put in the op post. Java on Windows requires you to use \ for path instead of /, and ; instead of : for path separators. No other OS is designed in such a braindead way to require that.
Pages:
Jump to: