Pages:
Author

Topic: DiceOnCrack.com | If you thought dice was addicting... - page 4. (Read 9823 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Today's secret is sha(tomorrow's secret).

From how to play:
The secrets used in the HMAC_SHA512 portion of the seed are disclosed after 2 days, and they can be verified as each day SHA256 hash will be the previous day secret
This means that we have pre-calculated all the keys, as we can only know today's key if we already know tomorrow's, and the next day, and so on, since SHA256(today's secret) which is yesterday's secret had to be calculated ahead of time.

Ah, clever.

Just to clarify, does date that the secret is used correspond with UTC? (versus some other timezone?)
legendary
Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001
Each transaction is mingled with the secret of the day

I see the secret is published the next day, but how do I know a secret wasn't changed depending on the results of the first bet of the day?    Is there a hash of the secret published in advanced so that later when the secret is published it can be verified to be unchanged from before the wager was placed?

Today's secret is sha(tomorrow's secret).

From how to play:
The secrets used in the HMAC_SHA512 portion of the seed are disclosed after 2 days, and they can be verified as each day SHA256 hash will be the previous day secret
This means that we have pre-calculated all the keys, as we can only know today's key if we already know tomorrow's, and the next day, and so on, since SHA256(today's secret) which is yesterday's secret had to be calculated ahead of time.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
Each transaction is mingled with the secret of the day

I see the secret is published the next day, but how do I know a secret wasn't changed depending on the results of the first bet of the day?    Is there a hash of the secret published in advanced so that later when the secret is published it can be verified to be unchanged from before the wager was placed?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
2012-12-10 02:01:14    92f9cb15    2327902c    elagnitraM    0.10000000    1000    1.526%    62    4.16588659    4.16588659
 Wink

That was really lucky

If I only bet more Cheesy
legendary

Update: DiceOnCrack.com server was updated, and should be a bit quicker to load. We still offer 99.90% per iteration promotion on many wagers.
legendary
UPDATE: Our promotion with 0.10% fees will end within the next 24 hours. This will only apply to the [EXIT] Strategy, which has been bet heavily the last few days. We have been losing money due to fees. For those who have been playing, we enjoy the bets, but the fees per payout is unsustainable. The other martingales will continue to enjoy the 0.10% fee for wagers between 0.1 and up to 2.0000 btc.

1.5+ Million iterations so far since launch!

Good Luck
legendary

A major milestone with DiceOnCrack, and bitcoin in general - we were able to verify our first DoC Pipe winner! It was sold by Bitcoiner2012 who received 4.494 coins on a 0.40 wager by an anonymous forum member. The anonymous person signed a message with the sending address that contained his shipping information.

With interest, we want to make the process more streamlined.

Congrats go to Bitcoiner2012 and to anonymous, as DiceOnCrack took the loss but facilitated a transaction that otherwise wouldn't have existed.

If you would like a Pipe address, please PM me! If you decide to play a Pipe, please note DiceOnCrack only hosts the lottery/wager, and does not hold the goods.
legendary
Activity: 1540

It seems the bitcoin client used for processing payments is refusing to sign the payout transaction, which is quite awkward as it should only happen if the transaction or the block was rolled back, which isn't the case.

I'll keep trying to fix this, but in the mean time I'll send you a manual payment. If I do fix this there's a good chance you'll get a double payment, which I'm sure will greatly upset you Smiley
legendary

Global win-cap has been increased to 25.000 btc max. This may still change based on hot-wallet balance at the time.

Great concept, you guys really do great work.

Thank you!
Activity: 364
Merit: 252

We introduced a service called (wait for it) "the crack pipe", because you can pipe wagers through to a fixed address that you own.The announcement is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-the-crackpipe-pipe-wagers-through-diceoncrackcom-121920.

We create a custom 1Pipe address for you that makes a wager according to your terms, and forwards those winnings to an address of your choosing. With it, you post your personal 1Pipe address for tips, raise donations or sell products. All wagers will show up on DoC.

Its in beta right now. Please post or PM me for a custom 1Pipe address. Include what wager you would like to use.

My pipe address: 1PipeZHgQXcjAYsUQ4WRXyKZn1X3sJNrpk

Thanks, and good luck!

Great concept, you guys really do great work.
legendary

We introduced a service called (wait for it) "the crack pipe", because you can pipe wagers through to a fixed address that you own.The announcement is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-the-crackpipe-pipe-wagers-through-diceoncrackcom-121920.

We create a custom 1Pipe address for you that makes a wager according to your terms, and forwards those winnings to an address of your choosing. With it, you post your personal 1Pipe address for tips, raise donations or sell products. All wagers will show up on DoC.

Its in beta right now. Please post or PM me for a custom 1Pipe address. Include what wager you would like to use.

My pipe address: 1PipeZHgQXcjAYsUQ4WRXyKZn1X3sJNrpk

Thanks, and good luck!
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Announcing 3 Card Poker at DiceOnCrack.com!

Instead of bouncing dice off the blockchain, you can bounce cards! Each transaction is mingled with the secret of the day to produce a provably fair shuffled deck, using a hash based Fisher-Yates shuffle algorithm. You are given the top 3 cards, and that hand is then ranked. Payouts:
Royal Flush: 50 to 1
Straight Flush: 40 to 1
3 of a kind: 30 to 1
Straight: 6 to 1
Flush: 4 to 1
Pair: 1 to 1
(Straights are A-2-3 to Q-K-A)

All games are for 0.10 btc, and an amount greater than that will result in multiple games. Winnings are not gambled. Amount less than 0.10 will be wagered in entirety.

Play anytime you feel lucky. 3 Card Poker address: 1CracksLRtQMcTF4HXNrvPzRgvz7Qr6wNd

The shuffling algorithm explained:
The unshuffled deck begins with 52 cards in sequence. The sequence is Ace,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,J,Q,K for each suit, Hearts, Spades, Diamonds and Clubs.
When the hash seed is determined, the two leftmost hex character are taken from the hash. For the resulting hex byte to qualify it needs to be less than the quotient of (value / cards remaining) * cards remaining. This is to ensure an equal chance for every card to be selected. If the hex byte does not qualify, the next pair of characters from the hash is used.
Once a qualifying byte is found, card MOD( value / cards remaining) is moved to the end of the deck. This is done 52 times. When necessary, the process SHA256(Hash) is performed to keep the process going. Note that the first 3 cards moved would be cards selected for play.

Very cool Smiley
legendary
Announcing 3 Card Poker at DiceOnCrack.com!

Instead of bouncing dice off the blockchain, you can bounce cards! Each transaction is mingled with the secret of the day to produce a provably fair shuffled deck, using a hash based Fisher-Yates shuffle algorithm. You are given the top 3 cards, and that hand is then ranked. Payouts:
Royal Flush: 50 to 1
Straight Flush: 40 to 1
3 of a kind: 30 to 1
Straight: 6 to 1
Flush: 4 to 1
Pair: 1 to 1
(Straights are A-2-3 to Q-K-A)

All games are for 0.10 btc, and an amount greater than that will result in multiple games. Winnings are not gambled. Amount less than 0.10 will be wagered in entirety.

Play anytime you feel lucky. 3 Card Poker address: 1CracksLRtQMcTF4HXNrvPzRgvz7Qr6wNd

The shuffling algorithm explained:
The unshuffled deck begins with 52 cards in sequence. The sequence is Ace,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,J,Q,K for each suit, Hearts, Spades, Diamonds and Clubs.
When the hash seed is determined, the two leftmost hex character are taken from the hash. For the resulting hex byte to qualify it needs to be less than the quotient of (value / cards remaining) * cards remaining. This is to ensure an equal chance for every card to be selected. If the hex byte does not qualify, the next pair of characters from the hash is used.
Once a qualifying byte is found, card MOD( value / cards remaining) is moved to the end of the deck. This is done 52 times. When necessary, the process SHA256(Hash) is performed to keep the process going. Note that the first 3 cards moved would be cards selected for play.
legendary
If the tx doesn't show on the site straight away (or even within 10 minutes), do you have some script that will go back and make sure you processed everything?

Still waiting for mine.

Absolutely. The promotion script doesn't appear to have kicked in either at this moment, and it may have been held for processing. Sorry for the delay. I will be in touch...
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
If the tx doesn't show on the site straight away (or even within 10 minutes), do you have some script that will go back and make sure you processed everything?

Still waiting for mine.
legendary
We are having a 1,000,000th iteration promotion.

After the 1,000,000th iteration, house fees will be temporarily reduced to 0.10% (99.90% return per iteration) for simple & martingales up to 2.000 btc! Wagers of 0.1 and under will still have a 98% expected return.

Check out the sister site, TAABL while you are at it. 1% house edge on an anonymous lottery, jump in anytime!
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Your *what* is itchy?
so you bet .5 and received back .33 or .83?

bet 0.5, got .33 returned, net loss of ~0.17
legendary
Three of my bets are sitting on retained. What does this mean?

Thanks for playing!

We had 3 recently retained bets, which I assume were yours. For 2 of them, fees of 0.0005 were not enough. They were manually pushed again, and seem to be fine.

The 3rd one is a design issue for the type of bet that was placed. The deposit was 0.007, and the first iteration was shooting for this +.001 = 0.008. The issue is that to get to step #1, a wager larger than 0.007 is needed (a very high threshold was selected). When this fails, the [EXIT] strategy is designed to return any balance to the user. However, this should be treated as a 'refund', not a 'return'. A return for that tx would require fees >0.001, but as a refund it was 0.0005.

In the future, increasing the fee on retained bets will be automatic, but for now we are checking what is going on. Thanks for your patience and participation!

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
so you bet .5 and received back .33 or .83?
Pages:
Jump to: