Pages:
Author

Topic: Did Bitcoin Ruin Your Life, Or Help Your Life? - page 17. (Read 21438 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
well those that bought at 1200 and now are struggling in waiting for the price to recover, have not a great day i'm sure

Unless you are not aware yet, most of those who bough at $1200 could have dumped their BTC already when the price crashed. There is a tiny chance that someone will hold all of it despite the price has been cut off by atleast over 50 % .
Actually There are alot of chances to recover by riding on waves but unfortunately not many people know this and basically dumping or holding will be either of their options . Riding on waves is pretty much different than day trading though

On the other hand the "manipulated price" is not the sole fault for their tragedy because they do create their own misery by joining in to buy at the peak blindly. These people deserve this so called "fate" because they are lack of their own due dilligence and greedy enough to join in the peak rally and hope to be rich overnight

P.S : I meant no insult to anyone but thats what my point of view is
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin and co.
I'd say it helped me. By A LOT.

After Liberty Reserve and all that HYIP investing, HYIP was greatly affected by the loss of LR so I decided to go back in paypal and dealt with their limitations and other BS. Then someone introduced bitcoin to me. I find it interesting so I thought I'd give it a try. I really regret the time I stopped mining bitcoin at its early stages. But even though I'm a bit late, bitcoin still help me with alot of stuff.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
Of course it helps my life, a lot especially. I can buy a stuff with my myself and my own money now Cool
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
It didn't ruin anyone's life at all I think. Why would it?

It's a physical-cum-virtual currency like other fiats, but having a value of its own is what makes it completely different.

About me, it always helped me to live my life in a great manner just because I got introduced to it. Thanks to that friend who got me into this and now, I am making a living with Bitcoins and no problems at all till now.

well those that bought at 1200 and now are struggling in waiting for the price to recover, have not a great day i'm sure

some of those have sold their house and went all-in with bitcoin, there are numerous stories about this on bitcointalk

so it is clear that ome life were ruined byt that manipulated pump, but it's not a bitcoin fault, one should only invest tiny portion everytime we rise, and not going all-in directly at the peak...

yeah one can argue that you can not know if that was the peak, but it was clear also, that after a furious pump like that there must be a crash
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
Ruined or helped?   Helped +++++

Cryptocurrency has become an obsession to me! My first thoughts about Bitcoin were that it was nothing more than a Ponzi scheme. But when I took some time to read Satoshi Nakamoto Whitepaper I understood what it really was. Since then I've worked tirelessly to help cryptocurrencies grow steady and go mainstream. Today I'm proud to say that all of my income comes from digital currencies.
Bitcoin brought us a whole new Labor Industry and I'm proud to be a part of it!
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1217
I had purchased a few coins at $10 per coin in 2012. I held on to my coins even when the exchange rate peaked at $1,200 in 2013 December. But things changed in April 2014, when I lost my job. There were some unexpected emergencies, and I had to sell most of my coins (at $300 per coin). Without those coins, I might have committed suicide.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
My best advice for anyone seriously getting involved with Bitcoin is the key word "money management".

Yeah, money management: Buy Bitcoin and hodl. That's what I did and I will never regret it, because Bitcoin is a beautiful technology that I'm proud of supporting. (Of course I know that it might fail, so did not buy much.)

I get the impression that you are merely a trader that speculates on any asset that has enough volatility. You are measuring profits in fiat - so you don't care about Bitcoin at all. Most trader-type speculators will loose in the end, because they use unscientific methods (chart "analysis") and can't control their emotions - even realizing that on a rational level does not help much.

For a Bitcoin hodler, life is easy: You know you own the best currency and asset (two-in-one!) in the world, so you have zero inclination to buy other stupid things (fiat money, for example). You can just lean back, relax, and watch Bitcoin flourish.

ya.ya.yo!

What do you mean? With a good analysis I think they can get a good profit although all of it is just some speculation but most of them are making profit through the graphic anlysis and chart. And bitcoin holder most of them are having good fiat to turn into bitcoin and wait them to raise, if later the price just stay the same or lower they will not suffer much, but with specualtion trader, they use this as their earning to get some profit, learn how to read graphic and doing some analysis will make them more richer than people having rich fiat. Both of them are on contrary
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
My best advice for anyone seriously getting involved with Bitcoin is the key word "money management".

Yeah, money management: Buy Bitcoin and hodl. That's what I did and I will never regret it, because Bitcoin is a beautiful technology that I'm proud of supporting. (Of course I know that it might fail, so did not buy much.)

I get the impression that you are merely a trader that speculates on any asset that has enough volatility. You are measuring profits in fiat - so you don't care about Bitcoin at all. Most trader-type speculators will loose in the end, because they use unscientific methods (chart "analysis") and can't control their emotions - even realizing that on a rational level does not help much.

For a Bitcoin hodler, life is easy: You know you own the best currency and asset (two-in-one!) in the world, so you have zero inclination to buy other stupid things (fiat money, for example). You can just lean back, relax, and watch Bitcoin flourish.

ya.ya.yo!
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
It didn't ruin anyone's life at all I think. Why would it?

It's a physical-cum-virtual currency like other fiats, but having a value of its own is what makes it completely different.

About me, it always helped me to live my life in a great manner just because I got introduced to it. Thanks to that friend who got me into this and now, I am making a living with Bitcoins and no problems at all till now.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
Making something a success takes many many knock backs to get to, the so called times that have ruined ones life are a valuable lesson for the next stages of ones life. Learn and move on don't hold onto negative thoughts and experiences.

You are right about it can become an obsession because it was for me but I realised it was becoming a problem so spent less time at the computer and more time living, enjoying life with family. Moderation is key to all things including bitcoin.

All in all it has helped me and my life, I believe in bitcoin and I've gained a easier life because of it so cheers for the future.

I think it would be smart to say that discipline is the key to life. I have divided my daily life about how much tiem I would give to my work, fam, hobbies and other investment and profit, extra business things. I have found enough success in bitcoins and have big plans ahead. Its wise to divide time and not obsess over btc.. yes? Smiley

Its true. In every part of life you will need to be discipline in order to get what you want. Same as when you are getting some money you need discipline to save more money rather than using it for having fun or gambling waste it just for fun. Discipline in everything you did, you will see the result later
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Making something a success takes many many knock backs to get to, the so called times that have ruined ones life are a valuable lesson for the next stages of ones life. Learn and move on don't hold onto negative thoughts and experiences.

You are right about it can become an obsession because it was for me but I realised it was becoming a problem so spent less time at the computer and more time living, enjoying life with family. Moderation is key to all things including bitcoin.

All in all it has helped me and my life, I believe in bitcoin and I've gained a easier life because of it so cheers for the future.

I think it would be smart to say that discipline is the key to life. I have divided my daily life about how much tiem I would give to my work, fam, hobbies and other investment and profit, extra business things. I have found enough success in bitcoins and have big plans ahead. Its wise to divide time and not obsess over btc.. yes? Smiley

Yes, I would completely agree to that. Discipline is the key to success and a good life. Obsession leads nowhere. I have always been obsessive about what is mine, even in relationships and it has not given me a nice end result. So I live life with no expectations from anybody, but try to provide my level best and to grow individually. So far, so good Smiley Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

That would be smart to say discipline is the key, sounds like you are doing what you need to so it doesn't become an obsession and a drain on real life and the relationships you share. That is also very wise to divide your time and not obsess over btc/riches. Not doing so will be a bad move for your calmness and well being. As long as you don't risk more than you can afford to lose both money and time all will be good. Good luck with your plans!
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

What does success mean in terms of bitcoin ? A company, that is using the blockchain? A specific amount of bitcoins ? For me bitcoin is a saving account, independent to all this fiat bullshit that is surrounding our daily life. And, well, that is a big help for my life !
Activity: 350

Activity: 826

Activity: 994

I can't say 'been there, done that' but I feel  you, bro. Shit happens. My condolences. I would say that Bitcoin has helped me learn a lot of things about currency, finance, economics that I wouldn't even bother to understand. I wish I had known about it earlier too.

Bitcoin can be a wonderful thing if you pursue it wonderfully, it would be really terrible if you keep self doubting bitcoins as well yourself and your own decisions. I've been in that negative place and it has ruined a lot of things for me personally. It makes you feel very terrible and low and you don't want that. Have some confidence and see how good things will go for you personally and professionally Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Activity: 336
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
i learned more about life thr btc than any school. u get to see the nature of humans, the good and the bad.  get to learn how money and corruption works. u get to see how brainwash the mainstream truly is.  learn how to invest better.  the diversity  in the btc community  , u dont get that anywhere else ,we see more different shit,we learn more shit.  amen to bitcoin

really nice to see people that have been touch by the bitcoin movement, bitcoin is now a culture that brings just a little bit of everything, from really tech savvy details, ideals, investments, project development and a all around the world community together to see bitcoin become stronger.
Activity: 968
i learned more about life thr btc than any school. u get to see the nature of humans, the good and the bad.  get to learn how money and corruption works. u get to see how brainwash the mainstream truly is.  learn how to invest better.  the diversity  in the btc community  , u dont get that anywhere else ,we see more different shit,we learn more shit.  amen to bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: