Pages:
Author

Topic: Diff thread Mar 18 to Mar 31? picks are closed.... prize = 0.1 btc - page 2. (Read 6082 times)

Activity: 408
Merit: 259
The Batch 16 with only one fan looks really awkward - and of course the "warranty void" sticker is exactly where you would add the 2nd fan. For 7 bucks less, well I don't know what to say. Maybe they are running short on fans?

Batch 15 has arrived today and is already on the network "again". It looks new and smells like new, I can't complain yet. 2 boards are a bit wobbly (can't remember that before) and one board gets significant hotter than the other two...  it still meets my expectations.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
So diffficulty wise we are not looking bad.  I am happy with a low difficulty change.  I still am surprised S7 sales did not have a bigger impact, but maybe next period.  But I'm happy difficulty wise.

Value wise not huge but we did start in mid 420's and are now around 416.  So lost some value but not a ton.  So hopefully we see a little rise, seems slow going on this.

Less then 2% is really nice IMO. Two more weeks with just a small diff increase. 2 months of "stability" wasn't expected on my side. Now that the S7 price went quite down, we might see some uptrend tho ... This is interesting ... Bitmain seems to want to give a huge pressure on Bitfury pricing, if and when they come out with some products or just ship some chips at all. This silence radio is disturbing me. I was quite sure we would see a massive flood of the new gen just around the start of April. I'm not going to complain, I like the current Diff movement.

If we could keep the same pace until the halving that would be epic. i'm just dreaming while i'm awake I guess Tongue

I only wish we keep same pace, I agree 2 and under til having.... would be beautiful for miners.  I think this S7 batch will do something. Either they are selling ton of racks for next gen, or selling a good amount of a new batch. Either way I see difficulty going up from bitmain.

And big thing is next gen it scares me.  I think if someone hit's  specs we  will see difficulty skyrocket as they pump out next gen chips.  I don't think we can avoid the next gen difficulty wave that is coming (i think at least someday).

The new Batch 16 of the S7 has one fan ... Not sure it's going to be a gold mine for them. I wanted to replace an S4 for a new S7 (used in fact) I will wait I think.

I think the coupon code will cause them more then normal sales, but I could be wrong.   But I think a lot of those will be batch 15.   I am not sure what to make of this new batch 16, I was kinda surprised they took off a fan.  But they did manage to make production price even lower... which I'm sure goal was.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
So diffficulty wise we are not looking bad.  I am happy with a low difficulty change.  I still am surprised S7 sales did not have a bigger impact, but maybe next period.  But I'm happy difficulty wise.

Value wise not huge but we did start in mid 420's and are now around 416.  So lost some value but not a ton.  So hopefully we see a little rise, seems slow going on this.

Less then 2% is really nice IMO. Two more weeks with just a small diff increase. 2 months of "stability" wasn't expected on my side. Now that the S7 price went quite down, we might see some uptrend tho ... This is interesting ... Bitmain seems to want to give a huge pressure on Bitfury pricing, if and when they come out with some products or just ship some chips at all. This silence radio is disturbing me. I was quite sure we would see a massive flood of the new gen just around the start of April. I'm not going to complain, I like the current Diff movement.

If we could keep the same pace until the halving that would be epic. i'm just dreaming while i'm awake I guess Tongue

I only wish we keep same pace, I agree 2 and under til having.... would be beautiful for miners.  I think this S7 batch will do something. Either they are selling ton of racks for next gen, or selling a good amount of a new batch. Either way I see difficulty going up from bitmain.

And big thing is next gen it scares me.  I think if someone hit's  specs we  will see difficulty skyrocket as they pump out next gen chips.  I don't think we can avoid the next gen difficulty wave that is coming (i think at least someday).

The new Batch 16 of the S7 has one fan ... Not sure it's going to be a gold mine for them. I wanted to replace an S4 for a new S7 (used in fact) I will wait I think.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

legendary
So diffficulty wise we are not looking bad.  I am happy with a low difficulty change.  I still am surprised S7 sales did not have a bigger impact, but maybe next period.  But I'm happy difficulty wise.

Value wise not huge but we did start in mid 420's and are now around 416.  So lost some value but not a ton.  So hopefully we see a little rise, seems slow going on this.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Good luck everyone !!!  Just wanted to say how good it feels that the diff is slowing a bit

yes we could go down to 0

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Bitcoin Difficulty:   165,496,835,118
Estimated Next Difficulty:   167,980,234,990 (+1.50%)
Adjust time:   After 85 Blocks, About 13.7 hours
Hashrate(?):   1,243,111,905 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 9.6 minutes
3 blocks: 28.9 minutes
6 blocks: 57.8 minutes
Updated:   11:30 (3.4 minutes ago)

see drop below

we have made 1930 blocks

405131 (Main Chain)   2016-03-31 15:22:04

403201 (Main Chain)   2016-03-18 09:50:30

this has been 13 days and  5 hours 30 minutes

13 x 144 = 1872 blocks
5 x    6   =     30 blocks
and 3     =       3

1905 is what we should have

so 1930/1905 = 1.31%

so all of the ones below :

0.0 = adaseb

+0.3 = tertius993
+0.5 = RichBC
+0.7 = ezeminer
+0.8 = wpt1wpt1
+0.9 = mavericklm
+1.0 = ingiltere
+1.1 = flikflak
+1.2 = mikestang
+1.3 = VRobb

+1.5 =pusttiu
+1.9 =HerbPean

look to stand a chance

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Good luck everyone !!!  Just wanted to say how good it feels that the diff is slowing a bit
legendary
So Yesterday was an ok +2.08% and 147 Blocks. However just when you think you know which way this beast is turning we have had an extremely slow start this Morning which has brought the Period to Date Run Rate, 10 Hours in,  down to +1.1%

So about 18 Hours to go, will be interesting to see if this slowdown continues?

Rich

hmmm  they pulled all the s-7's off the shelf that they sold with the coupons and shipped them?

I estimate they sold 400 s-7's so 400 x 4.7 = 18.8 ph  18.8/1300 = 1.44%    which is very close to the drop in hash rate.
 The good thing with that is if true we will be near 0-1% for this jump.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
So Yesterday was an ok +2.08% and 147 Blocks. However just when you think you know which way this beast is turning we have had an extremely slow start this Morning which has brought the Period to Date Run Rate, 10 Hours in,  down to +1.1%

So about 18 Hours to go, will be interesting to see if this slowdown continues?

Rich
Activity: 742
Estimated Next Difficulty:    169,834,611,457 (+2.62%)
Adjust time:    After 158 Blocks, About 1.0 days
Hashrate(?):    1,283,236,420 GH/s

up a bit more

small wallet, just 13milions Grin
legendary
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Estimated Next Difficulty:   169,655,370,982 (+2.51%)
Adjust time:   After 162 Blocks, About 1.1 days
Hashrate(?):   1,271,237,726 GH/s
1 block: 9.4 minutes
3 blocks: 28.3 minutes
6 blocks: 56.6 minutes
Updated:   19:55 (4.3 minutes ago)

just about a day to go.  a  rollover looks very possible

so far bitmaintech has left this wallet below alone

https://blockchain.info/address/1KwA4fS4uVuCNjCtMivE7m5ATbv93UZg8V
legendary
Were down to 413 on price so have lost the mid 420's we started difficulty period with.  So kinda disappointing on that I keep hoping for new higher bottom.  I wonder if Bitmain cashed in a lot of that S7 btc money or anything.

Biggest thing is wondering what Bitmain's next move is.  They hit sales hard this week.... so wonder if one more S7 big batch that is mastered making cheap.  Or if we see next gen.... which next gen scares the crap out of me on difficulty.
legendary
we have 226 blocks or so left

Estimated Next Difficulty:   168,877,874,330  (+2.04%)
Adjust time:   After 226 Blocks, About 1.5 days
Hashrate(?):   1,270,926,543 GH/s
1 block: 9.5 minutes
3 blocks: 28.5 minutes
6 blocks: 57.0 minutes
Updated:   9:55 (2.9 minutes ago)

good luck to any one close

0.0 = adaseb

+0.3 = tertius993
+0.5 = RichBC
+0.7 = ezeminer
+0.8 = wpt1wpt1
+0.9 = mavericklm
+1.0 = ingiltere
+1.1 = flikflak
+1.2 = mikestang
+1.3 = VRobb

+1.5 =pusttiu
+1.9 =HerbPean
+3.7 = fr4nkthetank
+4.2 = VirosaGITS

the ones above are the closest.
As we near the finish a rollover may happen.
legendary

Sadly, it look like my Pick isint all that crazy anymore, eh? Tongue
Hopefully it will remain too high for this round...

damn you VirosaGITS Grin Grin  (all in fun not for real)

yep   it is what we deal with  due to bitmaintech's ability to make tons of gear.  With no real completion at the moment.

Plus I suspect they can get short term  1 cent power contracts during certain times of the year.

Say a dam has a lot of rain in March and April  = Excess power and bitmaintech gets a good 3 week rate.

I feel they could have 100 to 200 ph sitting idol in old gear  and if they get a 1 cent contract they fire the stuff up.

An s-3 burning at .75 watts earns 17.00  usd
An s-4 burning at .70 watts earns  34.50 usd
An s-5 burning at .51 watts earns   40.30 usd

that would be in a month 

they may simply have  far more s-7's not deployed

an s-7 makes pretty good money 185 a month at 1 cent power.

So we always face the fact the network may jump up from 1200 ph to 1300 ph in a day

I still wonder about old A1's to on 1 cent contracts.    There are a TON of lketc gear and other A1's in China that never were sold and were in data centers.  I'm starting to wonder if they pulled out and swapped gear without me noticing or if some still have them going on super cheap electric.

I know of a few data centers that were "cheap" but built to house A1's when then first came out.  But my info on what happened to them at this point.... is none.
legendary

damn you VirosaGITS Grin Grin  (all in fun not for real)

yep   it is what we deal with  due to bitmaintech's ability to make tons of gear.  With no real completion at the moment.

Plus I suspect they can get short term  1 cent power contracts during certain times of the year.

Say a dam has a lot of rain in March and April  = Excess power and bitmaintech gets a good 3 week rate.

I feel they could have 100 to 200 ph sitting idol in old gear  and if they get a 1 cent contract they fire the stuff up.

An s-3 burning at .75 watts earns 17.00  usd
An s-4 burning at .70 watts earns  34.50 usd
An s-5 burning at .51 watts earns   40.30 usd

that would be in a month 

they may simply have  far more s-7's not deployed

an s-7 makes pretty good money 185 a month at 1 cent power.

So we always face the fact the network may jump up from 1200 ph to 1300 ph in a day
Activity: 588

Sadly yes.... We are at Period to Date +1.76% and if the latest slope continues we will probably land around +2.5%

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

legendary
we have 356 blocks or so left

Estimated Next Difficulty:   169,485,134,881 (+2.41%)
Adjust time:   After 356 Blocks, About 2.4 days
Hashrate(?):   1,268,330,281 GH/s
1 block: 9.6 minutes
3 blocks: 28.6 minutes
6 blocks: 57.3 minutes
Updated:   

good luck to any one close

0.0 = adaseb

+0.3 = tertius993
+0.5 = RichBC
+0.7 = ezeminer
+0.8 = wpt1wpt1
+0.9 = mavericklm
+1.0 = ingiltere
+1.1 = flikflak
+1.2 = mikestang
+1.3 = VRobb

+1.5 =pusttiu
+1.9 =HerbPean
+3.7 = fr4nkthetank
+4.2 = VirosaGITS

legendary
While I forgot to make a guess this round, I probably wouldn't have guessed high enough. Looks to me like it's going to be north of 3%.

As for Bitmain and what it's shipping, I think that anybody that is expecting to receive a pristine newly manufactured device is deluding themselves. They are clearly selling "well tested" gear (i.e. used hardware with a full warranty). There may be some new production hardware mixed in, but the bulk of the latest batch will be used gear, just like it was with S5 in it's last batches. If you were to buy 10 of the latest batch, I'd be stunned if at least 6 weren't obviously used.

I have no idea what they are doing with any newly cleared shelf space.

And this is the big question.  Will they fill up space with more S7's and they got some quick ROI selling at new low price. Or will something more exciting happen like S7+ (unlikely) or next gen. 

Bitmain has been very quiet on next gen.... but we have to believe they are working on it.  So just a lot unknown but I think next gen will hit us like a rocket on difficulty.
Pages:
Jump to: