Pages:
Author

Topic: Diff thread May 11 to May 24? picks are closed!!.... prize = 0.40 btc - page 2. (Read 7724 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
The last 24-48 hours show F2Pool overpassing Antpool by 6-7% that's huge.

Also Bitfury getting some additional part but this might be luick.

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
At the moment bitcoinwisdom is : showing +2.71%

with 54 blocks to go.

update:

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Bitcoin Difficulty:   194,254,820,283
Estimated Next Difficulty:   199,309,601,330  (+2.60%)
Adjust time:   After 37 Blocks, About 5.8 hours
Hashrate(?):   1,674,316,919 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 9.4 minutes
3 blocks: 28.1 minutes
6 blocks: 56.2 minutes
Updated:   11:25 (5.0 minutes ago)

contenders below:

+1.6 = wpt1wpt1
+1.7 = zebedee
+1.8 = Biodom
+1.9 = Mike8
+2.0 = testerman
+2.1 = Kexkey
+2.2 = Erumara
+2.3 = navigatrix
+2.4 = Valkir
+2.5 = Veves1
+2.6 = DanDan
+2.7 = Lituation
+2.8 = Notlist3d
+2.9 = Mikestang
+3.0 = lolxxxx

+3.2 = gnaoui
+3.3 = tertius993

+3.5 = Lindin99

+3.7 = Amph

so 3.1, 3.4, 3.6  could hit and we have a rollover   we are at 2.6  good luck to those that are close.  37 blocks to go
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

I boosted my eth coin one more card today I am now at 11 cards 5 pc's  about 265mh.

instead of building miners configured as gamers to sell (nice strategy btw) I mine eth to offset the cost of the cards

just bought another sapphire nitro r9 390 so I can crossfire later when I rebuild the daily driver. tonight Ill grab a 380, probably a sapphire nitro r9 380. this one will eventually go into the HTPC which is way overdue for a rebuild (e8400/HD7750/vista machine).

ill set the new 390/380 up with risers in the basement to mine for now. have an old dell box with a seasonic 850 from back in the btc days. just gonna toss a SSD into it and it will ride again.

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Who here thinks all that hashrate will come back online right after the difficulty adjusts in a few hours? No way that was variance.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
So we had a bit of a Pullback in the last few Hours Yesterday but still managed +25% with 180 Blocks. This Morning also off to a slowish start but the Daily Rate is climbing again. Period to Date Run Rate, 5 Hours in, is +2.7%

Period will end Today at around 17:00 I think we will land between +3.5% & +4%.

Rich
legendary
Okay  one before I go to sleep.

413167 (Main Chain)   2016-05-24 03:13:21  The current block

411265 (Main Chain)   2016-05-11 05:37:45  The first block this jump

1903 made

12 days     1728
22 hours     132

1860  for 0%

1903/1860-1 = (+2.31%)
legendary
Okay  one before I go to sleep.
Activity: 462
Merit: 300
Phil I get a lot of fun watching this contest.  How about a real time update.
legendary
Right now you have to be foolish to put money into bitcoin mining, instead ETH is the way to mine. It scares the heck out of me as a miner how much the hashrate has skyrocketed. The huge mining farms are obviously DOUBLING/TRIPLING DOWN with their next gen mining gear probably in anticipation of the halving.

I think they could 2x the hash as I type.  Even with my cheap power I just can't get enough hash at low prices for it to work that well right now.

I boosted my eth coin one more card today I am now at 11 cards 5 pc's  about 265mh.

along with 28th in  256 gear.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Right now you have to be foolish to put money into bitcoin mining, instead ETH is the way to mine. It scares the heck out of me as a miner how much the hashrate has skyrocketed. The huge mining farms are obviously DOUBLING/TRIPLING DOWN with their next gen mining gear probably in anticipation of the halving.
legendary
Activity: 1456
So another interesting Difficulty Period. Yesterday was +3.47% with 149 Blocks and we have moved down a notch from a couple of Days ago and are currently tracking between -1.5% & -3% Period Run rate to Date, 15 Hours in Today is -2.5%. Bit disappointing about the price, but perhaps it will pick up again?

Rich

yeah  we are pretty stagnant  when you look at price drop and diff drop.

Worries me.  I have been studying ETH coin vs BTC coin   or use both as a miner.

All math favors using both not one or the other.

I run 2watts of eth coin  about 220mh  it earns 850 usd a month.  my power is nuts

Difficulty of ETH scares me from going huge into mining it.  I will have a little bit of GPU's that keep going but difficulty is crazy - https://etherscan.io/charts/difficulty .   Currently though profit is pretty amazing I do agree, it allows even higher priced electricity to keep mining.

BTC i just want to see having and what it does.  It's really hard to speculate so will be interesting to watch,

I understand where your logic is coming from, but here's mine;
https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_eth

Set to 1 month. You can see price is overall pretty much keeping up with the difficulty.

I'm always careful about putting all my eggs in one Basket so instead i split my Eth earning into more Eth earning and other things.

I agree it's keeping up with it pretty good.  I still just don't like the fact of how much hash is being added.   I feel more miners will come and it will continue, but hard to say where we will be in a month on difficulty.  Also commercial mining of it scares me ( http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-miners-ethereum/ ).   If there is big profit's seen (which there is) I would guess some bigger more commercial miners come along.  That article shows one good picture of a room of GPU's.

We had around 30 percent increase (approx) in a month, I don't know if that continues if price will continue to rise keeping up with it.  Don't get me wrong I hope it does and ETH does look good right now.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
So another interesting Difficulty Period. Yesterday was +3.47% with 149 Blocks and we have moved down a notch from a couple of Days ago and are currently tracking between -1.5% & -3% Period Run rate to Date, 15 Hours in Today is -2.5%. Bit disappointing about the price, but perhaps it will pick up again?

Rich

yeah  we are pretty stagnant  when you look at price drop and diff drop.

Worries me.  I have been studying ETH coin vs BTC coin   or use both as a miner.

I run 2watts of eth coin  about 220mh  it earns 850 usd a month.  my power is nuts

Difficulty of ETH scares me from going huge into mining it.  I will have a little bit of GPU's that keep going but difficulty is crazy - https://etherscan.io/charts/difficulty .   Currently though profit is pretty amazing I do agree, it allows even higher priced electricity to keep mining.

BTC i just want to see having and what it does.  It's really hard to speculate so will be interesting to watch,

I understand where your logic is coming from, but here's mine;
https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_eth

Set to 1 month. You can see price is overall pretty much keeping up with the difficulty.

I'm always careful about putting all my eggs in one Basket so instead i split my Eth earning into more Eth earning and other things.
legendary
Activity: 1456

Rich

yeah  we are pretty stagnant  when you look at price drop and diff drop.

Worries me.  I have been studying ETH coin vs BTC coin   or use both as a miner.

I run 2watts of eth coin  about 220mh  it earns 850 usd a month.  my power is nuts

Difficulty of ETH scares me from going huge into mining it.  I will have a little bit of GPU's that keep going but difficulty is crazy - https://etherscan.io/charts/difficulty .   Currently though profit is pretty amazing I do agree, it allows even higher priced electricity to keep mining.

BTC i just want to see having and what it does.  It's really hard to speculate so will be interesting to watch,
legendary
real time calculation coming up

413128 (Main Chain)   2016-05-23 20:29:19   current block

411265 (Main Chain)   2016-05-11 05:37:45  first block of this jump

1864 blocks so far

12 days    1728 blocks
15 hours      90 blocks
30 min           3 blocks

1821 blocks = 0   so 1864/1821 - 1 = ( +2.36% )

we have gone 38 minutes with out a block
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
god damn this network hashrate.  we can only hope it hits +6.1% Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley (my pick lol)
legendary
Activity: 1274
Did I say someone kicked on the afterburners?  Sorry, I meant ROCKET ENGINES!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Sheesh, hashrate is just frazy right now...

Well we knew it was going to happen as the s-9 would replace the s-7. 

I think we hoped it would be next jump or the one after it.

The up side  it causes a crash and burn  keeping them off line starting   NOW!
Holy cow, the network instantaneous hash rate is off the charts!  Try as we might for a winner, I think this one is going to carry over again.  No one could have anticipated this massive spike!
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
My bet right now is that  all the guesses (this thread) may well prove to be too LOW. My un-scientific look at the graph lines on bitcoinwisdom, show nearly vertical Gray and Blue lines.

Bitcoin Difficulty:    194,254,820,283
Estimated Next Difficulty:    200,878,704,237 (+3.41%)
Adjust time:    After 172 Blocks, About 1.1 days
Hashrate(?):    1,659,188,046 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):    
1 block: 9.3 minutes
3 blocks: 28.1 minutes
6 blocks: 56.1 minutes

Updated:    11:5 (2.4 minutes ago)

Looks like we'll know in about 24-25 hours.
legendary
Did I say someone kicked on the afterburners?  Sorry, I meant ROCKET ENGINES!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Well we knew it was going to happen as the s-9 would replace the s-7. 

I think we hoped it would be next jump or the one after it.

The up side  it causes a crash and burn  keeping them off line starting   NOW!
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC

legendary
That spike is insane. In a couple of days we've gone from a solid negative difficulty to something like 3% positive.

Looks like it will be another roll over...

Up to now I've stayed away from eth mining. Now I'm starting to think about it, if it's not already too late.

Yeah  I have the solar array and the deal at my friends office.

So power cost is not an issue but this cheap power I have is about 11-13kwatts.  say 36th in avalon 6's just not much in btc.

2.7 btc a month  and the deal is spilt the coins so 1.35 btc  for me.

looks like we could get to 250 diff by the ½ ing.

204 this time 
215 around June 8 
226 June 21
237  July   4
248  July   18 the ½ ing

Pages:
Jump to: