Pages:
Author

Topic: Diff thread sept 4th. to sept 17th Picks are closed. - page 3. (Read 7281 times)

alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
And also come up with $2000 roughly to earn a bit more. The S3's are a sunk cost more or less. Phillip's specific situation is unusual, and putting in a "big money" machine will do nothing but blow whatever profit he already has.

As I understand it, the S3's may not all be in one location, though my memory may be faulty here.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I am running 4 s-3's at 2.4 cents they earn around .014btc a day  the power costs me about 15 usd a month.

you can put an s7 in the place of the 4 * s3!  Grin

Bitcoin Difficulty:    56,957,648,455
Estimated Next Difficulty:    59,938,071,210 (+5.23%)
Adjust time:    After 389 Blocks, About 2.5 days
Hashrate(?):    417,794,711 GH/s

the higher we go in hashrate, the higher the variance the swings will be
maybe in the future we will have even 5% swing from one day to another

yeah if i could make it quiet.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I am running 4 s-3's at 2.4 cents they earn around .014btc a day  the power costs me about 15 usd a month.

you can put an s7 in the place of the 4 * s3!  Grin

Bitcoin Difficulty:    56,957,648,455
Estimated Next Difficulty:    59,938,071,210 (+5.23%)
Adjust time:    After 389 Blocks, About 2.5 days
Hashrate(?):    417,794,711 GH/s

the higher we go in hashrate, the higher the variance the swings will be
maybe in the future we will have even 5% swing from one day to another
legendary
They are offline from Hashnest and I don't think anyone is rushing to get them all back online. Sure they will sell them as used to someone interested with cheap power (aka someone in China), but how much life are left on them by the time you purchase and get it set up assuming were talking a large farm?

Also note I never said they were obsolete but they are def on their last leg per say.

I'm pretty sure S2,s are still profitable in China, and for Bitmain. So i'm not particularly sure Bitmain offlined them. I mean its possible but its not because they stopped payouts at hashnest based on return/cost rules (based on the amount they charge customers, not their real cost)

Because i'm pretty sure they pay much less than than 8 cents per kWh. Or maybe they were offlined because they needed space or for some other reason but regardless, S2's are still profitable here with Hydro so i would assume China have even better rates.

This sadly i'm not sure this will contribute to a difficulty drop just yet. Would be nice though, since the BTC price isint keeping up.

They have no doubt found the cheapest electricity.   Pulling them from hashnest is not the same as them stopping mining internally with them.  It would not surprise me if they pay 1/2 or less then that 8 cents.   

But yea don't count on them going offline.  Just like A1's they are running somewhere I believe on most.

I am running 4 s-3's at 2.4 cents they earn around .014btc a day  the power costs me about 15 usd a month.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
They are offline from Hashnest and I don't think anyone is rushing to get them all back online. Sure they will sell them as used to someone interested with cheap power (aka someone in China), but how much life are left on them by the time you purchase and get it set up assuming were talking a large farm?

Also note I never said they were obsolete but they are def on their last leg per say.

I'm pretty sure S2,s are still profitable in China, and for Bitmain. So i'm not particularly sure Bitmain offlined them. I mean its possible but its not because they stopped payouts at hashnest based on return/cost rules (based on the amount they charge customers, not their real cost)

Because i'm pretty sure they pay much less than than 8 cents per kWh. Or maybe they were offlined because they needed space or for some other reason but regardless, S2's are still profitable here with Hydro so i would assume China have even better rates.

This sadly i'm not sure this will contribute to a difficulty drop just yet. Would be nice though, since the BTC price isint keeping up.

They have no doubt found the cheapest electricity.   Pulling them from hashnest is not the same as them stopping mining internally with them.  It would not surprise me if they pay 1/2 or less then that 8 cents.   

But yea don't count on them going offline.  Just like A1's they are running somewhere I believe on most.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

legendary
Indeed, i am still running S1's (undervolted) so i would definitively want to run S2',s if they were quiet right this moment. I'm assuming they have a plan for all that hardware. At any rate, they would make good heating units for electric central heating in houses.

So Other than personal miners that decide "they are obsolete so i am going to put them in the trashcan" i don't think S2's are going to go offline yet.
legendary
we are under 5%

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

(+4.94%)

and we have 456 blocks to go

If we get it under 5 I will consider it a little win since not rediclous amount.   But I am still worried of weeks to come.   

I just wonder how many S7's have been pumped out.  Also with it going to be on hashnest in October if those machines have been made already and plugged in mining for Bitmain, of if we can expect a big batch just for hashnest to come.
Well the only good thing is we know the S2's are offline, and I expect a good bit of those to stay turned off.  No doubt the S7's that are pumped out will keep increasing the hashrate, but we are def getting to the point of no return for the older generation machines that are stretching their last bit of life.

I would not say we know that.  With cheap electricity in some places I don't see them just piling up S2's and letting them die.  Likely they would try to find a buyer and sell as used.

A1/S2 stuff I think a lot remains online.   It's hard to say when we will lose all of this gear.
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001
we are under 5%

(+4.94%)

If we get it under 5 I will consider it a little win since not rediclous amount.   But I am still worried of weeks to come.   

I just wonder how many S7's have been pumped out.  Also with it going to be on hashnest in October if those machines have been made already and plugged in mining for Bitmain, of if we can expect a big batch just for hashnest to come.
Well the only good thing is we know the S2's are offline, and I expect a good bit of those to stay turned off.  No doubt the S7's that are pumped out will keep increasing the hashrate, but we are def getting to the point of no return for the older generation machines that are stretching their last bit of life.
legendary
we are under 5%

(+4.94%)

legendary
we are under 5%

(+4.94%)

legendary
0.2 Is going to be a nice Juicy bits. It look like the winner will be very close to the 5% range. It kinda feel like 5% is the new Norm for the rest of 2015. Meanwhile the BTC price seem to be holding at 230~. For now.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
So if the difficulty goes to +8.01 or higher to infinity does CrazyGuy won automatically?

Or is it considered void?

To win the difficulty has to be within the range you guessed, no exceptions. If no one wins the reward gets added to the next period's reward. Current reward is 0.2 BTC because no one won last time.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
So if the difficulty goes to +8.01 or higher to infinity does CrazyGuy won automatically?

Or is it considered void?
legendary
can we say: looks like the ~+5% is here to stay?!
i mean it is not from variance but from added miners

The increased difficulty we saw last round seems to be carrying onto this round
So it is a possibility that the network is seeing a stable miner growth preceding the release of new miners and of course cooler temperatures

Bitcoin Difficulty: 56,957,648,455
Estimated Next Difficulty: 60,228,526,639 (+5.74%) 
Adjust time: After 501 Blocks, About 3.3 days 
Hashrate(?): 436,655,842 GH/

Yeah I agree.  S-5 was .51 watts  S-7 is .25 watts   a major improvement in power use.

S-5 = 1150 gh
S-7 = 4875 gh

a major hash increase.

Last winter I ran 12 sp20's and 3 avalon 4.1's along with an s-5

I downclocked all the gear for noise and heat.

and I was pushing 15th to 16th

That is 16 pieces of gear. I used  about 7-8 kwatts

3 s-7's  will do 14th   at 3.6 kwatts

This is a major improvement.  People are going to be installing s-7's  and 5% to 6%  for 3 jumps looks like it will happen easy.

I still think network goes flat at the 70 diff point.
I simply think bitmaintech will stop sales for a month. They did this with the s-5.
Activity: 700

The increased difficulty we saw last round seems to be carrying onto this round
So it is a possibility that the network is seeing a stable miner growth preceding the release of new miners and of course cooler temperatures

Bitcoin Difficulty: 56,957,648,455
Estimated Next Difficulty: 60,228,526,639 (+5.74%) 
Adjust time: After 501 Blocks, About 3.3 days 
Hashrate(?): 436,655,842 GH/
legendary
http://btc.blockr.io/charts

157 Sept 4 2015 ---- This was partial  but it is +13  on a norm of 144  that is over 9%    that is really high number we  need to see the next few days.
150 Sept 5 2015 ---- +6   for the day about +19 for the first 261 blocks
142 Sept 6 2015 ----  -2        +17
151 Sept 7 2015 ----  +7       +24
138 Sept 8 2015 ----   -6       +18  It did slow a bit.
144 Sept 9 2015 ----   0         +18
168 Sept 10 2015 ---  +24       +42                brutal number but 3 in a row is what we need to worry about so lets wait until tonight to see
163 Sept 11 2015 ---  +19      +61                back to back high numbers
144 Sept 12 2015 ---   0         +61        and normal  which is good   maybe it was variance  stay tuned
144 Sept 13 2015  ---- 0         +61       and normal again which makes the 10, 11 sept days a little less scary

we are at block 1466 and should be at 1405  which is +4.34%

550 blocks left.

if you look above we had 3 big numbers 157, 163 ,168   and only 1 low number 138.  We could use a few more around 130
curious how much the hash rate will fall after 2 * +15% rounds...

cheap coins!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
Pages:
Jump to: