Pages:
Author

Topic: Diggit.io | Over Dice? | Brand new game! | 800+ BTC Invested! | 1% Edge - page 42. (Read 80559 times)

Activity: 288
Merit: 113
Web dev for hire
?

Nevermind, it was a joke. I did not understand much of what you've said. What kind of node are you talking about?

Not *a* node, Node.js (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Node.js). It is a server-side platform that acts as a server for many sites and services (including diggit). We were discussing performance improvements related to a major upgrade to Node.js.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
?

Nevermind, it was a joke. I did not understand much of what you've said. What kind of node are you talking about?
Web dev for hire
Eh, i dont know. Im sceptical. io.js uses a newer version of v8, but i dont see that as a necessarily good thing, due to possible unknown problems with it. I absolutely need platform stability, and from that aspect i see node as superior, despite the long update cycle. (btw, v0.12 has a newer version of v8 than v0.10.x)

I know some of these words...

?
Activity: 43
Eh, i dont know. Im sceptical. io.js uses a newer version of v8, but i dont see that as a necessarily good thing, due to possible unknown problems with it. I absolutely need platform stability, and from that aspect i see node as superior, despite the long update cycle. (btw, v0.12 has a newer version of v8 than v0.10.x)

I know some of these words...
Web dev for hire
Hello Crypto. I was wondering, how has performance improved on diggit after upgrading to Node 0.12? My friends tell me that their socket.io performance improved significantly, however, the sites that I administrate only show a modest (~5-10% depending on site) decrease in latency, similarly to the number of max connections... So im not sure if i have something set up in a nonoptimal fashion or the gains are just variable in this way. Cant wrap my head around it.

What was your experience?

Also interested in this. I've also upgraded several services to v0.12, havent had the time to check perf. gains, but I am also expecting sizeable improvements (concurrency has been our main bottleneck).

I wasnt aware 0.12 came out until yesterday evening when I got my ass chewed out by a client for not following security practices and not upgrading immediately to the newest stable version. FFS as if they're paying my to sit behind my pc and check for updates 24/7. /rant

lol.

yeah I understand. 0.12 was in development for so long that many thought it would be another year before it shipped. On that note, what do you think about io.js?

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Hello Crypto. I was wondering, how has performance improved on diggit after upgrading to Node 0.12? My friends tell me that their socket.io performance improved significantly, however, the sites that I administrate only show a modest (~5-10% depending on site) decrease in latency, similarly to the number of max connections... So im not sure if i have something set up in a nonoptimal fashion or the gains are just variable in this way. Cant wrap my head around it.

Also interested in this. I've also upgraded several services to v0.12, havent had the time to check perf. gains, but I am also expecting sizeable improvements (concurrency has been our main bottleneck).

I wasnt aware 0.12 came out until yesterday evening when I got my ass chewed out by a client for not following security practices and not upgrading immediately to the newest stable version. FFS as if they're paying my to sit behind my pc and check for updates 24/7. /rant

lol.

yeah I understand. 0.12 was in development for so long that many thought it would be another year before it shipped. On that note, what do you think about io.js?
Web dev for hire

Activity: 78

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
diggit is my one of the favorite mines gaming site,
signature and free giveaway campaign will be helpful to attract more user.
Activity: 896
Thought: maybe add the option to change the grid size. You should also consider adding leaderboards, it will make watching more interesting and create a better social network on your site.

to create a better social network and gain more people to get to diggit.io

all OP must do is :

1. Some Marketing campaign of diggit.io, sig campaign could be useful
2. OP tend to keep silent, i guess abit communication is good, but i do believe he is just busy atm
3. Some freebies, because people love freebies, this will attract more user to come

Smiley
nice suggestion, i appreciate it, i think admin must think about it.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Thought: maybe add the option to change the grid size. You should also consider adding leaderboards, it will make watching more interesting and create a better social network on your site.

to create a better social network and gain more people to get to diggit.io

all OP must do is :

1. Some Marketing campaign of diggit.io, sig campaign could be useful
2. OP tend to keep silent, i guess abit communication is good, but i do believe he is just busy atm
3. Some freebies, because people love freebies, this will attract more user to come

Smiley
Activity: 52
Web dev for hire
What are your plans for next updates, crypto?
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
When is the server_seed revealed?

First click your username and change your client seed, a new server seed will then be generated and the old one will be revealed.

Ah I see, thank you very much.
Activity: 640
Merit: 500

First click your username and change your client seed, a new server seed will then be generated and the old one will be revealed.
Activity: 658
Jet
Activity: 66
Did you clear the sites cache? It should work without any problems.
If somehow it still doesn't.. you could try the chathelper, I guess.

so in other words good computer practices voids the mute command, so there is not way to mute posters properly
so why is there a mute button at all?

No. That was just a shot in the dark by me, because I couldn't think of anything else that would break the mute button for you. Others are using it without problems, so it's unlikely that the functionality itself is somehow broken.

And how is clearing the cache related to good or bad practices in this case? Because you were asked to give it a shot to try and fix a problem?
so how do i ignore/mute annoying players in the chat? you mute button does not work!

Did you clear the sites cache? It should work without any problems.
If somehow it still doesn't.. you could try the chathelper, I guess.

so in other words good computer practices voids the mute command, so there is not way to mute posters properly
so why is there a mute button at all?
legendary
Activity: 1008
there is major bug my deposit not credited to my account there,

https://blockchain.info/tx/00dda92f7e6904034a3ad4faf2977ab8bad090a4f4d394b7484b963a537b8d4b

hm, first time im hearing of this. try to pm cryptofutures, he seems quite responsive

that was just by mistaken, it was received instantly, sorry for post,

best of luck admin and diggit for long run.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005
Is there a page for us to see our personal list of muted users?

If you use my inofficial chathelper, it keeps track of ignored and dropped users. The official mute does not, yet.
Link to the chathelper, in case you're interested: https://github.com/jetbtc/diggit-chathelper

I will take a look at it. Thanks Jet. Smiley

This is nice to see the chart. Thanks for this share mate.
Pages:
Jump to: