Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1048. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
The Federal Reserve System just released a 58 page report talking about upgrading the entire US Banking System, potentially on a blockchain like setup.

https://fedpaymentsimprovement.org/wp-content/uploads/strategies-improving-us-payment-system.pdf

Federal Reserve Bank’s Vice President and Research Director David Andolfatto stated:

“You could actually see which bank is sending money to which bank on this ‘Fedcoin blockchain,’ so if the Fed was to make an emergency loan to one of these entities you’d be able to observe who is the recipient of the loan and how much,”
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Just watched your presentation in NYC again. Really impressive!

My girlfriend was like: "What? You are actually watching this whole presentation? So boring.". While I was thinking: "What? Only 20 minutes? I want moar, moar, moaaaaaar!".

Something like that again would be so awesome!
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Just watched your presentation in NYC again. Really impressive!

My girlfriend was like: "What? You are actually watching this whole presentation? So boring.". While I was thinking: "What? Only 20 minutes? I want moar, moar, moaaaaaar!".

Activity: 532
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Jared,

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/27/investing/bitcoin-winklevoss-twins-gold/

YC

This is some intresting reading.

Winklevoss twins: Bitcoin will explode beyond $1 trillion

There's a trillion reasons why the Winklevoss twins are in love with Bitcoin.
The brothers, known for their legal battle with Facebook (FB, Tech30) founder Mark Zuckerberg, believe the controversial cryptocurrency is the payments network of the future. That's despite Bitcoin's 60% plunge in 2014.

They predict Bitcoin's market capitalization could easily skyrocket to at least $400 billion, or roughly the combined size of modern day payments companies like American Express (AXP), Visa (V), MasterCard (MA) and Western Union (WU).
But the Internet entrepreneurs are taking it one step further. They believe Bitcoin could one day morph into a gold-like asset class -- or even surpass it.
"If Bitcoin is a better gold or seen as a type of gold-like asset, then it could be in the trillions on a market cap," Tyler Winklevoss told CNNMoney. "We do feel those are very real possibilities."
Related: Gold is sexy again as it jumps above $1,300
Reaching over $1 trillion in market cap is hard to fathom, especially because Bitcoin's current market cap is less than $4 billion.
Many skeptics remain convinced Bitcoin was a bubble that will soon die out. Jeffrey Gundlach, the new so-called "bond king," recently said Bitcoin is "on its way to being relegated to the ash heap of digital currencies."

Buying opportunity? Don't tell that to the Winklevii, as they are sometimes called. The twins are huge backers of Bitcoin and stand to profit handsomely if their vision comes true.
They're not worried by the currency's recent glitches or its price decline. One Bitcoin is currently worth about $265 -- a big drop-off from its peak of more than $1,200 back in late 2013.
"It's a buying opportunity. We've never sold a Bitcoin. We're in it for the long haul," Camerson Winklevoss said during a presentation at ETF.com's Inside ETFs Conference.

But the WInklevoss twins realize Bitcoin needs help. The 2014 bankruptcy of Mt. Gox, a Tokyo-based Bitcoin exchange, has raised questions about the currency's security. Price declines and volatility also spook some potential investors.
"People get fixated on the cost," Cameron Winklevoss said. "It's going to have lots gyrations. But it's new and you have to bare with it."
Improving the system: To help Bitcoin get through its growing pains, the twins are building infrastructure aimed at legitimizing and securing the currency. Last week they unveiled Gemini, a Bitcoin exchange for U.S. consumers. They hope it will become the "Nasdaq of Bitcoin."
They may have been beaten to the punch by Coinbase, a U.S.-based Bitcoin exchange that opened on Monday with backing from the likes of the New York Stock Exchange.
Second, the Winklevoss twins are awaiting regulatory approval for the first exchange-traded fund holding Bitcoins. Just like GLD (GLD), the popular gold ETF, the fund would trade securities based off of Bitcoin.
The twins believe such an ETF would appeal to gold bugs because Bitcoin, just like gold, can be used as a hedge against inflation. They say Bitcoin is more durable, divisible and affordable than the yellow metal.
"If you like gold, there are many reasons you should like Bitcoin," said Cameron Winklevoss.
Of course, gold has been around as an asset class for thousands of years. By comparison, Bitcoin is still just a baby.

Hey jared, The twins are quoting you gehe
Smiley

Thanks for sharing this! Do you have a direct link?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

The brothers, known for their legal battle with Facebook (FB, Tech30) founder Mark Zuckerberg, believe the controversial cryptocurrency is the payments network of the future. That's despite Bitcoin's 60% plunge in 2014.

They predict Bitcoin's market capitalization could easily skyrocket to at least $400 billion, or roughly the combined size of modern day payments companies like American Express (AXP), Visa (V), MasterCard (MA) and Western Union (WU).
But the Internet entrepreneurs are taking it one step further. They believe Bitcoin could one day morph into a gold-like asset class -- or even surpass it.
"If Bitcoin is a better gold or seen as a type of gold-like asset, then it could be in the trillions on a market cap," Tyler Winklevoss told CNNMoney. "We do feel those are very real possibilities."
Reaching over $1 trillion in market cap is hard to fathom, especially because Bitcoin's current market cap is less than $4 billion.
Many skeptics remain convinced Bitcoin was a bubble that will soon die out. Jeffrey Gundlach, the new so-called "bond king," recently said Bitcoin is "on its way to being relegated to the ash heap of digital currencies."

Buying opportunity? Don't tell that to the Winklevii, as they are sometimes called. The twins are huge backers of Bitcoin and stand to profit handsomely if their vision comes true.
They're not worried by the currency's recent glitches or its price decline. One Bitcoin is currently worth about $265 -- a big drop-off from its peak of more than $1,200 back in late 2013.
"It's a buying opportunity. We've never sold a Bitcoin. We're in it for the long haul," Camerson Winklevoss said during a presentation at ETF.com's Inside ETFs Conference.

But the WInklevoss twins realize Bitcoin needs help. The 2014 bankruptcy of Mt. Gox, a Tokyo-based Bitcoin exchange, has raised questions about the currency's security. Price declines and volatility also spook some potential investors.
"People get fixated on the cost," Cameron Winklevoss said. "It's going to have lots gyrations. But it's new and you have to bare with it."
Improving the system: To help Bitcoin get through its growing pains, the twins are building infrastructure aimed at legitimizing and securing the currency. Last week they unveiled Gemini, a Bitcoin exchange for U.S. consumers. They hope it will become the "Nasdaq of Bitcoin."
They may have been beaten to the punch by Coinbase, a U.S.-based Bitcoin exchange that opened on Monday with backing from the likes of the New York Stock Exchange.
Second, the Winklevoss twins are awaiting regulatory approval for the first exchange-traded fund holding Bitcoins. Just like GLD (GLD), the popular gold ETF, the fund would trade securities based off of Bitcoin.
The twins believe such an ETF would appeal to gold bugs because Bitcoin, just like gold, can be used as a hedge against inflation. They say Bitcoin is more durable, divisible and affordable than the yellow metal.
"If you like gold, there are many reasons you should like Bitcoin," said Cameron Winklevoss.
Of course, gold has been around as an asset class for thousands of years. By comparison, Bitcoin is still just a baby.

Smiley

Thanks for sharing this! Do you have a direct link?
Some need some bitcoin on cryptsy Cool

someone wants his buyorders to get filled.
Activity: 252
Some need some bitcoin on cryptsy Cool
Activity: 350
Does anyone have any P2Pools open for DGB algos? Reply here or in PM.

You are welcome on :
limp2pool.fr:5041/static/ for qubit
limp2pool.fr:9022/static/ for scrypt

Cool.. I may try one of them.. Im really looking for a US based Skein p2p if possible. I dont know if latency will be an issue or not. Good info! Thanks Smiley

Using near by p2p is better for mining.

Activity: 136
I'm Embarrassed to be here

You are welcome on :

Cool.. I may try one of them.. Im really looking for a US based Skein p2p if possible. I dont know if latency will be an issue or not. Good info! Thanks Smiley
Today I installed the Digishield Android wallet ->  DA9v2tN8RKGZFKvY6r5cofiVujbUFjUJZU

2night I try to put some coins there, looks great!

My friend just downloaded the iOS wallet.
We exchanged some coins by using only our phones (scanning QR) from Android to iOS and visa versa.

Real fun, and very quick transactions! This way you can pay or lent someone on the street/pub...

Hope to see some places to spend in real life soon  Cool

You can spend them @ my shop  Grin
www.bluejeansonline.nl
(The api for Digibytes/crypto does not work yet because of my webshop provider Sad ) I can create a link true litepaid if you have seen anything on the webshop. Just contact me.

www.Houseofbluejeans.nl
Activity: 30
Merit: 10

You are welcome on :
Activity: 638
Today I installed the Digishield Android wallet ->  DA9v2tN8RKGZFKvY6r5cofiVujbUFjUJZU

My friend just downloaded the iOS wallet.
We exchanged some coins by using only our phones (scanning QR) from Android to iOS and visa versa.

Real fun, and very quick transactions! This way you can pay or lent someone on the street/pub...

Hope to see some places to spend in real life soon  Cool
Activity: 136
I'm Embarrassed to be here
Activity: 638

Jump to: