Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1051. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
If we stay in the high 20's for a while, i would be happy. As long as we don't go below ~25 or something again. You can't expect it to go (and stay) >40 now.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
A steady growth of 5 sat per week will by a healthy trent.
legendary
Activity: 840
So, it was just a pump after all ? Of course, the uptrend was too fast, too big, but i expected this to stay higher.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Seems like everyone sell the altcoins and jump in to bitcoin today expect high value because 2 new usa based exchanges?

Usually alts keep their bitcoin change rate in these cases. Especially these not too big that have hardly any direct fiat to alt exchanges, imo.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Time to get digibyte to coinbase? Smiley
Seems like everyone sell the altcoins and jump in to bitcoin today expect high value because 2 new usa based exchanges?
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Transaction too large error when sending

Hi

Anyone else had this error when trying to send DGB from the Digibyte Core v3.0.3.0-g354c0f3-MultiAlgo (64-bit) wallet.  The transaction in question was for 1 million DGB.  

I then managed to get it to send successfully for 879000 with a transaction fee of 0.04 DGB being added.  When I tried again a few minutes later it seemed happy to send 1 million DGB, but this time it added a transaction fee of 2 DGB.  Weird...

Any ideas.

I have seen doubling transaction fees on successive transactions quickly made one after another (e.g. .02, .04, .08, etc). I have also seen the fee immediately go back to zero if you wait 30 seconds or a minute after a string of successive transactions quickly made one after another (e.g. .02, .04, .08, wait a minute and send again). I have also seen the entire pattern repeat itself if sending many transactions quickly again after having gone back to zero fee after a wait period.

The fee, and its size, seems to be linked to the number of "sends" a user is trying to include in the same newly discovered block; however, that may be entirely wrong and it could be the number of users and their aggregate "sends" at the time that determine whether there is a fee or not and how much it will be. Since my experience is limited, I cannot give you further information or a better answer.

I am not aware if the Dev Team has published information clearly describing and informing on how this works. If they have, maybe someone could point us in the right direction to find that info, and if they haven't, I'm sure the Devs will make the effort to answer your question by making that information available to us as soon as they have the time to write down a few lines.

Very good question BTW. Thanks.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

not so weird, the system wants to get paid for services provided.

if the amount you are sending is large the system wants a min amount (IDK what that is) to send it, 2 DGB if farrrr more than enough.

I'm quite used to paying a transaction fee, and the wallet automatically determines the fee.  The thing I find strange is that I get a "transaction too large.." one minute, and then a few minutes later the same size transaction is not too large any more.  Also there's a large discrepancy in the transaction fee that was automatically levied.  The second transaction, which was for 14% more than the first, had a 500% greater transaction fee!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Check this out:

Coinbase Secures Approval to Launch Regulated US Bitcoin Exchange
Jon Southurst (@southtopia) | Published on January 25, 2015 at 23:15 GMT

Bitcoin services provider Coinbase is set to launch a US exchange on Monday – one reportedly already approved by regulators in 25 states, including California and New York.

Coinbase has until now acted largely as a brokerage for bitcoin users. By expanding into this new vertical the company will be able to "offer greater security for individuals and institutions to trade bitcoin and monitor real-time pricing of the cryptocurrency", the company told the Wall Street Journal.

“Our goal is to become the world’s largest exchange,” said Coinbase chief executive Brian Armstrong, who also indicated that he ultimately plans to expand the exchange to users overseas. For the time being it will be limited to users in the US.

The company will offer users two initial months of fee-free trades, and will take a 0.25% commission fee on all transactions thereafter.
Countdown to launch

The launch comes hot on the heels of Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss' announcement of their plans for a US exchange, called Gemini, which was also touted as the first to operate with full regulatory approval, but is not yet open to the public.

It also coincides with the launch of the Coinbase Lunar teaser website – a webpage otherwise unmarked except for the title "To The Moon!", an animation of a rocket heading towards the moon and a clock counting down to Monday in centiseconds – that has incited speculation amongst the community about the forthcoming news.

It has $106m behind it from Andreessen Horowitz, the Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ) Growth Fund, Union Square Ventures, Ribbit Capital and as of last week's announced series C funding round, BBVA, the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), Fortune 500 financial services group USAA and Japanese telcom giant DoCoMo.
Road to regulation

In the fall Coinbase expanded its services to 18 European markets in- and outside the eurozone and European Union, with varying degrees of bitcoin exchange limits.
It has since hired former Senate aide John Collins as an in-house liaison to US policy makers, a move that many industry observers deemed significant in maintaining and progressing the bitcoin dialogue in Washington.

The company began maintaining balances in USD with instant bitcoin purchases for customers in select US jurisdictions in December. Previously, US customers had to either wait days to acquire bitcoin or enable the 'instant buy' feature by linking a credit card to their accounts.

CoinDesk will continue to monitor this developing story.

Tanaya Macheel contributed reporting.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-secures-approval-launch-regulated-us-bitcoin-exchange/

Monday as in this Monday?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Transaction too large error when sending

Hi

Anyone else had this error when trying to send DGB from the Digibyte Core v3.0.3.0-g354c0f3-MultiAlgo (64-bit) wallet.  The transaction in question was for 1 million DGB. 

I then managed to get it to send successfully for 879000 with a transaction fee of 0.04 DGB being added.  When I tried again a few minutes later it seemed happy to send 1 million DGB, but this time it added a transaction fee of 2 DGB.  Weird...

Any ideas.
Activity: 924
Check this out:

Coinbase Secures Approval to Launch Regulated US Bitcoin Exchange
Jon Southurst (@southtopia) | Published on January 25, 2015 at 23:15 GMT

Bitcoin services provider Coinbase is set to launch a US exchange on Monday – one reportedly already approved by regulators in 25 states, including California and New York.

Coinbase has until now acted largely as a brokerage for bitcoin users. By expanding into this new vertical the company will be able to "offer greater security for individuals and institutions to trade bitcoin and monitor real-time pricing of the cryptocurrency", the company told the Wall Street Journal.

“Our goal is to become the world’s largest exchange,” said Coinbase chief executive Brian Armstrong, who also indicated that he ultimately plans to expand the exchange to users overseas. For the time being it will be limited to users in the US.

The company will offer users two initial months of fee-free trades, and will take a 0.25% commission fee on all transactions thereafter.
Countdown to launch

The launch comes hot on the heels of Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss' announcement of their plans for a US exchange, called Gemini, which was also touted as the first to operate with full regulatory approval, but is not yet open to the public.

It also coincides with the launch of the Coinbase Lunar teaser website – a webpage otherwise unmarked except for the title "To The Moon!", an animation of a rocket heading towards the moon and a clock counting down to Monday in centiseconds – that has incited speculation amongst the community about the forthcoming news.

It has $106m behind it from Andreessen Horowitz, the Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ) Growth Fund, Union Square Ventures, Ribbit Capital and as of last week's announced series C funding round, BBVA, the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), Fortune 500 financial services group USAA and Japanese telcom giant DoCoMo.
Road to regulation

In the fall Coinbase expanded its services to 18 European markets in- and outside the eurozone and European Union, with varying degrees of bitcoin exchange limits.
It has since hired former Senate aide John Collins as an in-house liaison to US policy makers, a move that many industry observers deemed significant in maintaining and progressing the bitcoin dialogue in Washington.

The company began maintaining balances in USD with instant bitcoin purchases for customers in select US jurisdictions in December. Previously, US customers had to either wait days to acquire bitcoin or enable the 'instant buy' feature by linking a credit card to their accounts.

CoinDesk will continue to monitor this developing story.

Tanaya Macheel contributed reporting.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/coinbase-secures-approval-launch-regulated-us-bitcoin-exchange/
Activity: 224
Hi Digibyte community.

I am an active DGB member and fully support the honest and active developers.  I want to see this coin succeed.
Below is a website I created with all the latest news/videos.  I will keep it updated whenever news is added to BCT

It can be view at

http://www.digibytecoin.ca/

cheers,
HCP

Thank you
Activity: 147
Hi Digibyte community.

I am an active DGB member and fully support the honest and active developers.  I want to see this coin succeed.
Below is a website I created with all the latest news/videos.  I will keep it updated whenever news is added to BCT

It can be view at

http://www.digibytecoin.ca/

cheers,
HCP
Activity: 432
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
Submitted Polo request as well Smiley
Activity: 924
Armis,
 Great news and awesome assistance by the DGB community? Is this something we can formally announce?

YC

Dear DGB Community;

It brings me great joy to inform you that EMC2, with the help of the DGB Community, has successfully reached our crowdfunding
goal for the Havekes project -- you helped fund science success, [[THANK YOU!! ]]

From the looks of things by the end of the campaign (Jan/31) it will have exceeded the goal.  I conveyed the news to
Dr. Havekes who was sincerely appreciative of all of the work that went into the effort and particularly the abundant
sponsorships that pulled the campaign though.

Thanks again for your participation.

Armis
President
The Einsteinium Foundation

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

DigiByte Wallet Step-by-Step Install Instructions for both Windows and Linux

the first two FAQ's in the  

Asistec TI Digital Currency FAQ