Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1131. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
a lot of people think just because of the reduced block reward that the price will go up

it wont , there will be less DGB per day but also the difficulty will go down ,

I would like a steady price increase over time in the next few months instead of a pump

It is certainly going to be interesting to see.

My theory is that mining is dominated by short term thinkers who sell as quickly as they mine (regardless of what is being mined). This theory describes a panorama where immediate ROI is paramount, and which includes hardware investment as well as daily operating costs. Long term investment is not a consideration. X amount is invested, Y pays for daily operating costs, and both must be recovered ASAP. There are fixed numbers to worked with - anything else is speculation - and these mining entities are "fixated" on these fixed numbers. All it takes is a quick look around and some quick math in order to come up with some pretty consistent reward to price ratios that support this argument that mining is dominated by entities who do nothing more that look at, and make decisions based on, these simple fixed numbers and very short term ROI goals.

If my theory is correct, DGB should triple in value in very short order.

To me, simply cutting the rewards three times will not increase the price 3 times right away in the short term. I know some peeps here looking for some fast profit x2-3, meaning that buy back x2-3 more DGB, but it may not be that straight Smiley As it is said by jared, too, this is a long term vision and good for the future of DGB. And one thing you are forgetting here is that even though 3 times rewards will be lowered, new DGB coins will be inflated through the network. Therefore if there are no new buyers, then that will start short term dumps and price drops. But somehow this is good for DGB to settle with the new parameters of the block chain and the network. So in my case and my calculation in order: short term price increase for one day only when fork happened, then some dumps will follow, price will be stabilized for a while at low until the next announcement or piece of work target is achieved. Then we will start going upwards to 20-30sat range again (2-3 months), then whales will start investing which will take Dgb to 100 sat in a bit longer term (6-24 months). Within that 2-3 months, I personally expect a huge increase in bitcoin price, therefore some more dumps may occur in my opinion.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
a lot of people think just because of the reduced block reward that the price will go up

it wont , there will be less DGB per day but also the difficulty will go down ,

I would like a steady price increase over time in the next few months instead of a pump

It is certainly going to be interesting to see.

My theory is that mining is dominated by short term thinkers who sell as quickly as they mine (regardless of what is being mined). This theory describes a panorama where immediate ROI is paramount, and which includes hardware investment as well as daily operating costs. Long term investment is not a consideration. X amount is invested, Y pays for daily operating costs, and both must be recovered ASAP. There are fixed numbers to worked with - anything else is speculation - and these mining entities are "fixated" on these fixed numbers. All it takes is a quick look around and some quick math in order to come up with some pretty consistent reward to price ratios that support this argument that mining is dominated by entities who do nothing more that look at, and make decisions based on, these simple fixed numbers and very short term ROI goals.

If my theory is correct, DGB should triple in value in very short order.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Tested my android phone wallet to my android tablet.  (Android 4.1.1) Everything works fine for me.
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!
Hmm, well I see the transaction you sent in the blockchain (block 397096), but it's not showing up on my Blackberry..

So, maybe it doesn't completely work on Blackberry. Sad

For example on the main screen I can't tap on 'Received' or 'Sent', it is stuck on 'Both'

And if I go to the Network Monitor, I can't switch from 'Peers' to 'Blocks'
Maybe it needs some confirmation time.  On my phone i see it all confirmed within rapid speed.

Well I figured out that I just need to swipe left/right to switch between received/both/sent   and   peers/blocks

Still have a 0 wallet balance though, and my blocks are up to 397110 as of right now...

I'll keep looking around in the menus to see if I find anything.
Maybe clear cache and restart wallet.

I did the 'Reset Blockchain' option in Settings and after re-syncing, the DGB showed up in my wallet. I hope I don't need to do that each time I get DGB.
Activity: 808
Merit: 1014
DigiByte? Yes!
I've noticed that if I try to browse a block, it will try to go to http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte which is not up to date, so the browse fails.

The block explorer should probably point to http://digiexplorer.info/
Hmm, well I see the transaction you sent in the blockchain (block 397096), but it's not showing up on my Blackberry..

For example on the main screen I can't tap on 'Received' or 'Sent', it is stuck on 'Both'

Maybe it needs some confirmation time.  On my phone i see it all confirmed within rapid speed.

Well I figured out that I just need to swipe left/right to switch between received/both/sent   and   peers/blocks

Still have a 0 wallet balance though, and my blocks are up to 397110 as of right now...

Maybe clear cache and restart wallet.
Activity: 335

DigiByte Android wallet working well on my LG.
DigiByte? Yes!

For the Dutch,I accept Digibyte
Vanaf vandaag kun je bij House of blue jeans betalen met Digibyte!
Binnenkort hoop ik ook Digibyte te kunnen accepteren via mijn webshop maar dat is op dit moment helaas nog niet mogelijk.
DigiByte? Yes!

@ boggler

Google playstore
www.digibyte.co

I don't actually have an Android device,  I have a Blackberry Z10 so I can't get it from the Google Playstore, but I got around that. Wink

DGB now installed on my Blackberry!

edit: wow that picture is BIG, let me try to make it smaller

Much better:

Nice work!
Digibytes incoming!
DigiByte? Yes!
@ boggler

Google playstore
www.digibyte.co

I don't actually have an Android device,  I have a Blackberry Z10 so I can't get it from the Google Playstore, but I got around that. Wink

DGB now installed on my Blackberry!

edit: wow that picture is BIG, let me try to make it smaller

Much better:
Activity: 335
The_Cashier,
Youre personal information link under every post is a dead link.

Thanks you for pointing this, there was a mistake in the bbcode, fixed Smiley
Jump to: