Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1192. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Halinyo,
 I think this a great idea. Getting on BTER.com and BTC38.com would provide DGB huge exposure in the Asian markets. Do we have any additional contacts we can resort to in order to get this done?

YC

Guys, I really insist we get DGB to Bter.com ASAP.

I am thinking to send an email to [email protected], [email protected], and also you can submit a request as well: http://support.bter.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

How about something like this if we all submit it to above given emails and request tab on bter ?

"Dear Bter Staff,

We would like you to have a look at our website for DigiByte: http://digibyte.co and see our on-going works on developing DGB and taking it to the next level.

We are a well-maintained and organized DGB community, where you can view it from: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/digibytedgb-core-v61651-digishield-digispeed-segwit-408268 (656 pages at the time). We have had a lot of requests for adding DGB to your exchange. I hope to see your approval for adding DGB to BTER, which will give your exchange a boost as well as our development team and the community.

You can see here that we have been mentioned on CNBC, one of the highly watched TV in the US and maybe internationally: http://digibyte.co/news-press-releases

Please also see what our future plans for DGB: http://digibyte.co/digi-roadmap

We are now in the multi-algo mining phase which were released recently, allowing many people to mine DGB and use it for exploiting the block chain technology.

Again, I hope we will get your approval for adding DGB to BTER.

Wishing you a great day.

Warmest Regards,"
legendary
Activity: 840
I was just trolling. But the fact of the matter is, that there are way too many DGB at the moment. Miner pressure is fucking high. I'm a bit frustrated about that.
I know you guys thought about the supply, but 21B is too much imo. Or you gotta do block reward /10. VIA has many coins too, but pressure is low because of this.

Why would you get yourself involved with a coin that has fundamentals you don't agree with?

I didn't agree with that higher block reward, now did I?
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
I was just trolling. But the fact of the matter is, that there are way too many DGB at the moment. Miner pressure is fucking high. I'm a bit frustrated about that.
I know you guys thought about the supply, but 21B is too much imo. Or you gotta do block reward /10. VIA has many coins too, but pressure is low because of this.

Why would you get yourself involved with a coin that has fundamentals you don't agree with?
legendary
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Oh man, I really hope Mintpal doesn't give everyone his coins back. That would be HUGE! Any idea how many DGB Mintpal holds?

nice to see you are community focused Undecided

I think / hope it's a typo

No, I really hope the coins are lost. That's really good for the value of the coin. Less supply = higher value.

Well, it's not good. that few million that's on mintpal wont affect any.

I can see your very simplistic view that  a lesser supply means the potential of higher value,  however if the 2 million I have mined the last couple of months are indeed lost on mintpal. Then rest assured I won't bother to invest further resources on dgb, which in the wider view would be a shame for digibyte overall, particularly if others who have dgb lost on mintpal feel the same.  Good luck.

Coin value comes from stake holders not from supply. I don't think Gunther thought that one through.
Oh man, I really hope Mintpal doesn't give everyone his coins back. That would be HUGE! Any idea how many DGB Mintpal holds?

No, I really hope the coins are lost. That's really good for the value of the coin. Less supply = higher value.

I can see your very simplistic view that  a lesser supply means the potential of higher value,  however if the 2 million I have mined the last couple of months are indeed lost on mintpal. Then rest assured I won't bother to invest further resources on dgb, which in the wider view would be a shame for digibyte overall, particularly if others who have dgb lost on mintpal feel the same.  Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Guys, I really insist we get DGB to Bter.com ASAP.

I am thinking to send an email to [email protected], [email protected], and also you can submit a request as well: http://support.bter.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

How about something like this if we all submit it to above given emails and request tab on bter ?

"Dear Bter Staff,

We would like you to have a look at our website for DigiByte: http://digibyte.co and see our on-going works on developing DGB and taking it to the next level.

We are a well-maintained and organized DGB community, where you can view it from: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/digibytedgb-core-v61651-digishield-digispeed-segwit-408268 (656 pages at the time). We have had a lot of requests for adding DGB to your exchange. I hope to see your approval for adding DGB to BTER, which will give your exchange a boost as well as our development team and the community.

You can see here that we have been mentioned on CNBC, one of the highly watched TV in the US and maybe internationally: http://digibyte.co/news-press-releases

Please also see what our future plans for DGB: http://digibyte.co/digi-roadmap

We are now in the multi-algo mining phase which were released recently, allowing many people to mine DGB and use it for exploiting the block chain technology.

Again, I hope we will get your approval for adding DGB to BTER.

Wishing you a great day.

Warmest Regards,"
Activity: 924
Looks to be pretty big news!

Lawsky: Bitcoin Developers and Miners Exempt from BitLicense

Nermin Hajdarbegovic | Published on October 15, 2014 at 13:41 BST   

Developers, miners and individuals using bitcoin will generally not be regulated by the impending ‘BitLicense’ proposals, according to Benjamin Lawsky, superintendent of the New York Department Financial Services (NYDFS).

Speaking at the Benjamin N Cardozo School of Law, New York, Lawsky clarified that many individuals and companies working within the bitcoin space will not need regulatory approval or a BitLicense to operate in New York State.

“We are regulating financial intermediaries. We are not regulating software development,” he said, adding:

“To clarify, we do not intend to regulate software or software development. For example, a software developer who creates and provides wallet software to customers for their own use will not need a license. Those who are innovating and developing the latest platforms for digital currencies will not need a license.”

However, Lawsky stressed that companies involved in safeguarding customers’ money will not be exempt. “We do not, for example, let someone run a bank out of their garage,” he said.
Banking and tech ‘collide’

According to Lawsky, the banking industry and the tech industry are starting to “collide” and create new challenges for regulators.

The NYDFS was forced to operated with money transmitter regulations drafted at a time when there was no Internet or cryptocurrencies, he said, explaining that the department has an obligation to license and regulate such companies.

On a positive note, Lawsky said the NYDFS quickly recognised the potential of block-chain technology:

“As we began looking at bitcoin last year and getting deeper into it, we began to see the power of the technology that underlies it.”

The technology has the potential to provide cheaper fees and remittances, he said.

New York residents who send money abroad usually pay fees of 8-9%, while digital currencies could operate with fees of about 1%, Lawsky pointed out. Digital currencies do not require people to disclose their credit card information and offer faster transactions, he added.
Lawsky clarifies provisions

The NYDFS started working on the first controversial BitLicense drafts following the fall of Mt Gox, earlier this year, said Lawsky.

The comment period for the original proposal was extended following requests from industry leaders. The revised proposal will take those comments into account and, once published, a new comment period for the revised regulation will begin.

He made it clear that the NYDFS does not intend to request more than once license for digital currency businesses and, in most cases, they will not have to obtain money transmitter licenses. Like developers, individual bitcoin users will not be affected by the regulation.

Lawsky went on to dismiss a number of criticisms of the original proposal as unsubstantiated, saying they were the result of misunderstandings.

One complaint alleged that banks would not have to comply with the new regulatory framework, but that is only true if banks do not choose do deal in digital currencies, he explained.
Regulation with benefits

Lawsky also addressed speculation regarding the department’s position on bitcoin mining:

“Mining per se will not be regulated. To the extent the miner engages in other virtual currency activities, however – for example, hosting wallets or exchanging virtual currency – a license may be required for those activities. For mining itself, there will be no license requirement.”

The NYDFS will also try to keep compliance costs down, he said, thus allowing startups to thrive.

In his speech, Lawsky conceded that some companies may choose to operate from unregulated jurisdictions to avoid the state’s regulatory requirements, but if they chose to do so, such companies may end up sacrificing competitiveness.

He explained:

“Our hope is that companies recognize, or at least some of them do, that appropriate, effective regulation will help create a race, not to the bottom, but to the top; that it will foster greater confidence and trust from both customers and investors who want to do businesses committed to customer protection. That will spur a cycle of greater adoption of virtual currencies.”

It is possible to innovate, play by the rules and make a profit at the same time, he concluded.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/lawsky-bitcoin-developers-miners-exempt-bitlicense/
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

legendary

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

legendary
DigiByte, are you planning on reducing block reward anytime soon?
legendary
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
You can't get on Mintpal....

How are we supposed to get it out!!?
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Must say that the last error message "MintPal is currently down for urgent bug fixes, and is additionally moving to new management (away from Moopay LTD). A statement will follow shortly." brings some hope back

the fact that they specified "away from Moopay" seepms to imply "these guys screwed up, not us". But anyway I was an idiot for not withdrawing my coins when I could Tongue
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

It's great to see everyone's enthusiasm about the various different ways of promoting DigiByte. The ideas expressed about how to market to the gaming community are great. Hopefully we'll be able to get things moving forward not only in that area (and start bringing in new additions to the widely distributed network), but also on multiple fronts at the same time (like that of bringing in new investors as well in the form of direct purchased with fiat). The tipping operations and a concerted sustained effort to drive users to DigiByteTalk.com should also be one of our top priorities. Video development sounds exceptionally interesting. Additionally, the new Wiki will be a great way to establish industry standards (starting with which miners can be used with each algo and how to configure them, and then moving on to bigger and better HowTo's) that will eventually be the top Google search result on each subject addressed. That will be BIG!

I won't be around much for the next couple of months since I've got various projects on the burner at the same time and I won't be doing much else other than working, eating and sleeping (and the obligatory social engagements and personal responsibilities, of course).

Sorry that I won't be able to play a more participatory role during this very exciting time (when time allows, I will do an occasional 'drive-by' like my previous post above), and remember, there's no better way to fail than giving up on an idea before starting - no matter how difficult the objective may seem to be.

Go for it! You're playing an important part in the future of DigiByte, and will also be responsible for an important part of its success.

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
Looks there is 2,063,725,976 DGB in circulation. That is close to 10% of the existing supply. Pretty interesting to see how things play out. Does this ultimately lead to scarcity in DGB?

YC

Scarcity?

Is this a joke?

The DGB devs doubled the already massive inflation rate.  The word scarcity shouldn't enter the equation regarding DGB at any point in the present or future.

This:

This coin seems to be doing all the right things - why does the price keep dropping?

Is it simply the massive inflation rate?  If so, are the devs planning to slow that down to give the price a chance to rise?

Cheers!

Vlad,

We have been having internal discussions about this. Simply put we doubled the production of coins at block 145k.

DigiByte was on track to produce all of its coins over a 30 + years. Now it will happen in about 15 years. We are potentially thinking of a hard fork next spring that will cut new coin production in half.

What is the communities take on this?

I sometimes wonder about our ability to see beyond the ends of our noses when I hear people talking about cryptocurrency “inflation”. Okay, I get the point when comparing with other cryptos, but isn’t that a bit shortsighted?

With developed nations’ total aggregate money supply being somewhere between 50 and 75 trillion USD equivalent, wouldn’t it be reasonable to expect a large enough demand in cryptocurrencies to support at least a 5 trillion of USD equivalent money supply in cryptocurrencies?

If we had a 5 trillion total USD equivalent of cryptocurrency money supply, and assigned a generous total of 50 cryptocurrency survivors to our equation, each of the 50 survivors would have a proportionate 100 billion USD equivalent money supply, an amount which in each individual case would hardly even begin to compete with the 50-75 trillion of total fiat supply and ITS inflation!

In the case of BTC, a 100 billion USD total capitalization would equate to a price of $4,761.90 USD.

MEC would be valued at $2,380.96, LTC at $1,190.48, HBN at $833.34, DGC at $500, QRK at $404.86, EAC at $7.41, DGB at $4.77, and DOGE at $1.00, for example.

While we could argue all day long about whether or not Hobonickels will be one of the eventual survivors, what I’m sure we can all agree on is that there will be someone who takes the place of Hobonickels if it doesn’t survive, and if not (let’s say there are only 30 eventual survivors, or 20, or 10), then the eventual total money supply would be even smaller that the original 5 trillion conservative figure.

The key question that I think one has to ask is if you think BTC could possibly trade in the $5,000 dollar range, and then, depending on how you view that, you could move on towards analyzing other coins like MEC (could that coin really survive much less trade at $2,380.96?), or EAC (currently trading between 2 and 3 satoshi – what’s the story there? already ruled out as a potential survivor?), or DGB.

If cryptocurrencies ever do claim their place in the sun, I think a modest 7.5 - 10% or so of developed economies’ real aggregate M2 money supply is a reasonable figure with which to begin eventual baseline valuations.

And don’t forget that the fiats will continue with rampant inflation and that figure of 7.5 - 10% or so will also adjust upwards accordingly as those fiats continue to devalue.

I have to bite my tongue in order not to laugh when I hear people using the inflation word with regards to cryptocurrencies, when in fact it doesn’t even begin to compare with the fiat equivalents, that we should really be comparing with.

And having done that, we’d be able to move on to the next step and ask:

- Why is DOGE valued around 30 times more then EAC when it has more than 7 times the eventual money supply of EAC?
or
- Why is BTC valued around 1 million times more than CGB when it has 21 times the eventual money supply of CGB?

The answer to those questions is what should lead to what I consider to be priority number 1 for DGB at this time. The technical aspects are a done deal, and what we need to do now is gain mass acceptance, starting with the widest possible distributed initial user base as possible. We have a finished product for all intents and purposes (of course, there will be updates, but the core product is not going to change), and it’s time to start marketing and selling it.

http://money.howstuffworks.com/how-much-money-is-in-the-world.htm
http://dollardaze.org/blog/?post_id=00762&cat_id=20
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_supply
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/FM.LBL.MQMY.CN

Everything is relative. Will DGB be scarce? It depends on how astute your comparisons are.

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
Looks there is 2,063,725,976 DGB in circulation. That is close to 10% of the existing supply. Pretty interesting to see how things play out. Does this ultimately lead to scarcity in DGB?

YC

Scarcity?

Is this a joke?

The DGB devs doubled the already massive inflation rate.  The word scarcity shouldn't enter the equation regarding DGB at any point in the present or future.
Jump to: