Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1206. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
The digibyte dogecoin tipping event has started http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/2ia3dc/first_digibytedogecoin_friendship_giveaway/ (finally reddit let me post Cheesy) anybody who wishes to partecipate, by both commenting or tipping, is welcome!
Activity: 107
Cookie...Cookie.
Why is digibyte not on any litecoin market? Can we get digibyte on a litecoin market where it can be bought and sold for litecoin? I think this very well may do wonders.
All of you folks are doing some great stuff! Appreciate all your time, efforts and even analysis (HR) that you have provided to increase the long term health of DGB. We'll just need to realize that all of it can't be done at one time, but step by step. We will focus on eating the elephant one piece at a time!

YC

Great! I just submitted the digibyte side of the post, unfortunately reddit decided that I was mistaking the captchas too often and is making me wait 7 minutes to try again (if they used some more human captchas, damn it Tongue).

Anyway for everybody who wishes to participate this http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/2ia1q0/dogecoindigibyte_giveaway/ is the digibyte side, the dogecoin side coming soon (if reddit wishes...).
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC
i download a win32 digibyte wallet,always crash ,is there anyone having the same problem?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
All of you folks are doing some great stuff! Appreciate all your time, efforts and even analysis (HR) that you have provided to increase the long term health of DGB. We'll just need to realize that all of it can't be done at one time, but step by step. We will focus on eating the elephant one piece at a time!

YC

@suchpotato,   Give away is a GO?

the giveaway is up in ~half an hour, stay tuned! Cheesy

Busy day today, Online tomorrow
Will keep looking
No problem, I'll post the link here, even if you reach when it's no longer on the hot page you can always participate. I hope ddcoin and the others are on too! and everybody whio wishes to contribuite, even just with a greeting is welcome btw!

Will keep looking
No problem, I'll post the link here, even if you reach when it's no longer on the hot page you can always participate. I hope ddcoin and the others are on too! and everybody whio wishes to contribuite, even just with a greeting is welcome btw!
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

Will keep looking
@suchpotato,   Give away is a GO?

legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.

Very interesting stuff about putting your ID on your DGB. I'm all ears. But what about those who don't do the same? And the thief who hacks your wallet and steals your DGB? We still wouldn't have a 'paper trail' to follow those funds. We don't have that kind of problem with money in our savings accounts, certificates of deposit, stocks, bonds and other financial instruments. A digital currency needs to provide the same guarantees if it truly wants to gain "alternative" status.

When the winners finally progress beyond virtual play money status and really turn into viable alternatives, the IRS will make sure this is done. Make no mistake about it. What's more, the winning cryptos will be those that get out in front of the curve, actively seek legal advice on the matter, and even work in conjunction with governmental agencies to find the best way to implement the real accountability that 'legal tender' requires.

And just imagine the technical nightmare that this kind of eventual regulation will create for the unprepared coins, especially for those with sizeable block chains and large distributed networks (another reason to get out in front of the curve early on).

Well, any movement on a DGB address can be tracked with IDs and a person cannot have multiple DGB address on the same exchanges or wallets, lets say... but they have on other different exchanges or personal wallets as long as they are all registered onto the same ID which is on your name.

For people who does not want this happen, they can go ahead with their unregistered DGBs and do whatever they can... but in the end everybody will be encouraged to register since all those exchanges and places where you can spend will be with governmental based network Wink But you will see others may accept without government permission or taxation... etc...

In the end DGB is DGB either it will be used as government registered or not.... but I think governments should not do this compulsory but also should not encourage individuals not to register, which will be the most probabilistic case...

I think a system like this can be started and leave it for beta for at least a few years and see what happens.... and find the cracks and patch them along the way...

A few years later maybe DGB can be the very first governmental based coin which can be used all over the place where you can spend FIATs.... but remember, there will always be extra charges like taxes, conversions... but they can be kept very low to attract people to use crypto currency.... And banks will not be able to stay away from this block chain technology this way... coz they will lose steam and they have to get involve.... maybe coins can be stored in banks storage and security... The same way we have now.... But will be able to use it any time with no limitations.

Block chain tech is great but has to be traceable... this is inevitable if we want governments to approve crypto... Therefore, we should do this before governments creates rules on their own....
But this will also bring some limitations like creating new coins and new technologies.... At least SCAMs will be out and there will be laws and regulations for creating a coin with a unique feature...etc...

Lots of ideas... and brain storming.... can be done on the way....
Harrods, Knights Bridge, Central London.   This is the only thing i could find.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
I contacted https://coingateway.net to add Digibyte for there payment platform.

"CoinGateway acts as a bridge to enable you to purchase merchandise from retailers who accept only Bitcoin, with our range of supported alternate coins! Choose the coin you would like to spend, then simply enter the recipients Bitcoin address and desired amount and click "Pay Now". We also support a multi Crypto exchange platform where you can cross trade any coin listed in."

The looked at Digibyte and willing to add it but there is a fee to pay.

"Our requirement list is very simple, we require a coin to be listed at a reputable exchange e.g. Cryptsy, Bittrex, (Mintpal is Recommended), have a reasonable amount of volume and have a good user base. Finally we require a listing fee between 2 - 5 BTC (Low Risk - Medium Risk - High Risk) depending on the requirements."
https://coingateway.net/faq.php

After i contacted them they told me the fee to add Digibyte is 2 BTC.

@Digibyte,  I think this will help getting Digibyte to the mainstream. I like it, what do you guys think about it? and community?

Is there any funds to support this?

I can't find any information about the company or their location (fiat to crypto laws differ from country to country, etc.) and the only thing I can deduce is that they are in the U.K. (from the international phone number country code).

I contacted https://coingateway.net to add Digibyte for there payment platform.

"CoinGateway acts as a bridge to enable you to purchase merchandise from retailers who accept only Bitcoin, with our range of supported alternate coins! Choose the coin you would like to spend, then simply enter the recipients Bitcoin address and desired amount and click "Pay Now". We also support a multi Crypto exchange platform where you can cross trade any coin listed in."

The looked at Digibyte and willing to add it but there is a fee to pay.

"Our requirement list is very simple, we require a coin to be listed at a reputable exchange e.g. Cryptsy, Bittrex, (Mintpal is Recommended), have a reasonable amount of volume and have a good user base. Finally we require a listing fee between 2 - 5 BTC (Low Risk - Medium Risk - High Risk) depending on the requirements."
https://coingateway.net/faq.php

After i contacted them they told me the fee to add Digibyte is 2 BTC.

@Digibyte,  I think this will help getting Digibyte to the mainstream. I like it, what do you guys think about it? and community?

Is there any funds to support this?

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Very interesting stuff about putting your ID on your DGB. I'm all ears. But what about those who don't do the same? And the thief who hacks your wallet and steals your DGB? We still wouldn't have a 'paper trail' to follow those funds. We don't have that kind of problem with money in our savings accounts, certificates of deposit, stocks, bonds and other financial instruments. A digital currency needs to provide the same guarantees if it truly wants to gain "alternative" status.

When the winners finally progress beyond virtual play money status and really turn into viable alternatives, the IRS will make sure this is done. Make no mistake about it. What's more, the winning cryptos will be those that get out in front of the curve, actively seek legal advice on the matter, and even work in conjunction with governmental agencies to find the best way to implement the real accountability that 'legal tender' requires.

And just imagine the technical nightmare that this kind of eventual regulation will create for the unprepared coins, especially for those with sizeable block chains and large distributed networks (another reason to get out in front of the curve early on).

------------------------------------o------------------------------------

My mining stats with the last 7 days added on:

What do you guys think about this,   Really looks interesting to me.

An innovative security feature that has not been seen in Crypto land before. The idea behind FibreLock was to remove the keyboard from the password entry thus rendering key loggers and other malware useless against FibreWallet! FibeLock uses an android style pattern based locking system, there is no keyboard subsystem being used that malware could monitor! All inputs will come from your mouse. Your pattern will become your password. If your wallet is already encrypted, use the change password feature to swap over to the new pattern input.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fibre-625k-supernet-fibredark-fibrelock-fibregateway-zerotrust-737771

@suchpotato,   Give away is a GO?
Actually the person who wants to own DGB AND SPEND THEM must register on a website that is a government base website, once registration is done you can enter your UNIQUE ID (maybe a combination of important IDs of the person etc...), then you will be able to create a DGB ADDRESS and that address will be registered on your name.

I think this way, we can publicly show the ID NUMBERS of the person and the government can check on the suspentable events easily... If anybody wants, i can create a complete operational scheme as a software eng.

Actually, why not use dear old ssl certificates? We can rely on well-respected CAs and are have been used for buisness for quite a while. It could be nice for buisnesses that don't want trouble with identity theft or tax issues.

However, this is good so long as it's an added feature for who wishes to use it. If it becomes mandatory I'm out.
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a complete idiot (of course, I always doubt myself first as the first course of action).

Am I missing something here?

Why would anyone even mention, much less consider, merge mining when DigiByte has the consistently strong and stable network hashrate and profitability that it has got?

Because its stuck and going nowhere. Only a few with big miners are sucking all and dumping. Merge mining will spread it out and may result in less selling. More the distribution better is it for any coin.

Very good point. Thank you.

Exactly. All I am saying is how can we take feedback like this and address it with DGB. Obviously, we are not using anonymity, but any further enhancements could bode well when DGB picks up a lot of commercial adoption.

YC

Yes, the more the transparency the better.

I like to say that my DGB is my DBG and I want my name on it! (A simple DGB address is not enough - I want my name next to my transactions in the block chain!)

As for the price, we have given up on making predictions. We are focusing on building a very solid, reliable base to build the future of DigiByte upon! We have a very good feeling about where DigiByte is headed over the next six months! Smiley

Now you're talking! (That's rhetoric that's not meant to imply you haven't been doing that already.)

If you're doing the right things, the future (hint, price) will take care of itself.

Actually the person who wants to own DGB AND SPEND THEM must register on a website that is a government base website, once registration is done you can enter your UNIQUE ID (maybe a combination of important IDs of the person etc...), then you will be able to create a DGB ADDRESS and that address will be registered on your name.

I think this way, we can publicly show the ID NUMBERS of the person and the government can check on the suspentable events easily... If anybody wants, i can create a complete operational scheme as a software eng.
BREAKING NEWS!

Look at this:

Ghash.io and Multipool.US are both mining DGB! Talk about Ghash.io, which is someone who controls so much hash and they are now investing in DGB. Definitely legitimizes us!

https://ghash.io - Look at the bottom!

YC
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a complete idiot (of course, I always doubt myself first as the first course of action).

Am I missing something here?

Why would anyone even mention, much less consider, merge mining when DigiByte has the consistently strong and stable network hashrate and profitability that it has got?

Because its stuck and going nowhere. Only a few with big miners are sucking all and dumping. Merge mining will spread it out and may result in less selling. More the distribution better is it for any coin.

Very good point. Thank you.

Exactly. All I am saying is how can we take feedback like this and address it with DGB. Obviously, we are not using anonymity, but any further enhancements could bode well when DGB picks up a lot of commercial adoption.

YC

Yes, the more the transparency the better.

I like to say that my DGB is my DBG and I want my name on it! (A simple DGB address is not enough - I want my name next to my transactions in the block chain!)

As for the price, we have given up on making predictions. We are focusing on building a very solid, reliable base to build the future of DigiByte upon! We have a very good feeling about where DigiByte is headed over the next six months! Smiley

Now you're talking! (That's rhetoric that's not meant to imply you haven't been doing that already.)

If you're doing the right things, the future (hint, price) will take care of itself.

Check this out:

Bitcoin Could Transform Internet of Things into Vast Data Marketplace
Joon Ian Wong (@joonian) | Published on October 3, 2014 at 16:31 BST

As sportswear giant Nike expands its wearable technology applications, it will need more data to feed its gadgets and software.

To do that will be a simple matter in the future. A Nike executive will simply pull up a list of sensors operated by a private weather station, selecting the ones from which she would like to buy data.

With a click, the executive will pay individual sensors – perhaps thermostats mounted in a Central Park pathway particularly favoured by joggers – for their data, using bitcoin.

The weather sensors will be just one part of a future market filled with data collected by machines on the ‘Internet of Things’. The only difference would be that humans will now be able to pay the machines directly for their work, in bitcoin.

Turning sensors into data-hawkers

That’s the scenario described in a new paper by two researchers in Switzerland, titled, When Your Sensor Earns Money: Exchanging Data for Cash with Bitcoin. The paper was presented at UbiComp, an annual conference on ‘ubiquitous and pervasive’ computing organised by the Association for Computing Machinery. The event was held in Seattle last month.

The paper sketches a theoretical framework for sensors to interact with the bitcoin block chain and to receive payments in exchange for their data. This would solve the current problem of growing but silo-ed sensor networks whose owners have no incentive to share their data, the paper says. The authors write:

“There is no way for third parties to leverage today’s sensor deployments considerably. [...] Attaching a bitcoin address to a sensor could empower the sensor immediately to take part in a worldwide data market.”

The paper’s authors are Dominic Wörner and Thomas von Bomhard, researchers at the Bosch Internet of Things and Services Lab at the University of St. Gallen.

Helping sensors get paid

The authors describe a framework consisting of software for the sensor and the human data customer, the bitcoin network and a sensor repository that would list all sensors who wish to sell their data and their bitcoin wallet addresses.

A data buyer would check the sensor repository to browse the available data. Once a piece of data has been selected, she would send bitcoin to that sensor’s wallet.

When the sensor has received payment, it would send the data to the buyer over the bitcoin network using the OP_RETURN field. The data would be written to OP_RETURN and included in the block chain.

The authors say this is a framework for ‘sensing-as-a-service’, a play on the popular software-as-a-service model deployed by firms like Salesforce.com.

They point out that their current framework has several problems, including bloating the block chain with sold data and leaving the data open to free-riding because it’s publicly viewable on the block chain.

Still, they remain optimistic about the chances for a “world-wide data market”, concluding:

“We expect it is only a matter of time until machines not only exchange data but also money. This opens up a whole new dimension for ubiquitous computing.”

Bosch, an engineering and electronics conglomerate headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany,  is not the only corporation looking at bitcoin and the Internet of Things. Technology giant IBM revealed last month that it too is developing an open-source platform called Adept that will use block chain technology.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-transform-internet-things-vast-data-marketplace/
Jump to: