Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1208. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I failed to find or get fixed any digitipbot for Saturday, so my plan changed a bit: let's do the giveaway and tip only those who provide a digibyte address, so we kill 2 birds with one stone, by pushing them to actually install the digibyte client.

For the people who were on for the giveaway: are you still in at these conditions?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hi Digibyte community!

I have been interested in Digibyte for a number of weeks now and see you have a dedicated team behind the scenes and a great little positive community that I just had to jump on-board!

I was wondering Digibyte, your future targets up until New Year, the price you believe is possible by New Year and the future objectives at the start of 2015!

I look forward to hearing from you!

To Mars Digibyte! No time for the moon!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
A coin is strong when it can stand on his own and help others.
This will bring respect and believers.

Activity: 808
Merit: 1014
Merge mining is not good or bad itself - it is only a method to secure coin network. But Digibyte already have a multi-algo implementation targeting this goal.

Merge mining in DGB will result some disadvantages: more miners will migrate to limiting numbers of primary coins like BTC, LTC etc. putting DGB in one heap of secondary forks.

The better way is support Digibyte itself. In the case you are interested in merge mining you should mine DGB as primary coin and merge mine other coins according to selected algo (for example, NMC on SHA256, DOGE on Scrypt etc.).
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
. . . we'll probably never see a DGB hashrate so high that it outshines all the others.

I'm much more positive on DigiByte, and I actually look forward to the day when that happens. It's not a question of if, but when.  Cool

What would DGB get out of merge mining?

Put another way, what's in it for DGB?

Put another way, why on earth would you want to send an erroneous message to the world that DGB needs somebody else's help?

DGB can only lose with merge mining, in all respects; it has nothing to gain and there is no logical reason at all to even consider it (IMVHO).

It would probably be seen as a sign of weakness, that's true, but only until it's implemented. You culd rightfully say that talking about merge-mining per se is bad.

But if DGB became indeed, not just a multialgo coin, but the coin that has top hashrate on all algos, it'd be a totally different matter. It'd be very triky to mount a 51% attak on a multialgo coin, but it'd certainly be unfeasable on a multialgo coin merged with the biggest coins of each algo.

Seeing this in the long term: regardless of the fortunes of DGB, the other coins won't disappear, and we'll probably never see a DGB hashrate so high that it outshines all the others. Now, pretty much all decent mining hardware in the world is active, noone likes to waste money, but if most hashrate is not in our network an attak will always be possible. If all the biggest coins join up and DGB stays out it's us who are gonna suffer, not them. Merging now means not merging later, it means future-proofing the network.

As cryptos become more important, there'll be more and more people ready to spend milons, if not bilions, to break this or that coin, and merging means preventing that. So, given that all points agains merge mining hold, there's a very strong pro argument too. IMO
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a complete idiot (of course, I always doubt myself first as the first course of action).

Am I missing something here?

Why would anyone even mention, much less consider, merge mining when DigiByte has the consistently strong and stable network hashrate and profitability that it has got?

Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh  Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh

Merge-mining means that more miners get dgb (they may just dump dgb, but since the amount won't be that big they may as well hold and see how it works for them), that dgb network gets more stable (right now it does not have the hashrate of doge, of corse), and, unlike what happened with doge aux-pow, the merge with doge would not cause mining DGB to become unprofitable since you can switch to other algos.

If the aux-pow with ltc meant a huge boost in confidence for dogecoin, imagine if DGB merged with doge and (say) btc, it'd be the safest POW network in existence, which never hurts if you want to appeal to large buisness.

I have no idea how easy/difficult it'd be to implement, but I believe it would be great news. In any case multipools have been dumping dgb for quite a while so I don't think things would get worse.

What would DGB get out of merge mining?

Put another way, what's in it for DGB?

Put another way, why on earth would you want to send an erroneous message to the world that DGB needs somebody else's help?

DGB can only lose with merge mining, in all respects; it has nothing to gain and there is no logical reason at all to even consider it (IMVHO).

Activity: 270
Merit: 250
Lovin' Crypto

In any case multipools have been dumping dgb for quite a while so I don't think things would get worse.

This yeah.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a complete idiot (of course, I always doubt myself first as the first course of action).

Why would anyone even mention, much less consider, merge mining when DigiByte has the consistently strong and stable network hashrate and profitability that it has got?

Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh  Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh   Huh

Merge-mining means that more miners get dgb (they may just dump dgb, but since the amount won't be that big they may as well hold and see how it works for them), that dgb network gets more stable (right now it does not have the hashrate of doge, of corse), and, unlike what happened with doge aux-pow, the merge with doge would not cause mining DGB to become unprofitable since you can switch to other algos.

If the aux-pow with ltc meant a huge boost in confidence for dogecoin, imagine if DGB merged with doge and (say) btc, it'd be the safest POW network in existence, which never hurts if you want to appeal to large buisness.

I have no idea how easy/difficult it'd be to implement, but I believe it would be great news. In any case multipools have been dumping dgb for quite a while so I don't think things would get worse.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
Looks like nothing is happening for DigiByte lately? Except for the multi-algo switch of course, which is a pretty big thing.
But besides that?

All the coins are doing some kind of ASIC resistance algos. Thats not something big.

Merge mining like Doge can come in useful if implemented.

Merge mining the scrypt algo with doge could be very interesting since both community are really open to help each other.
Activity: 593
Merit: 500
1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA
Looks like nothing is happening for DigiByte lately? Except for the multi-algo switch of course, which is a pretty big thing.
But besides that?

All the coins are doing some kind of ASIC resistance algos. Thats not something big.

Merge mining like Doge can come in useful if implemented.
Activity: 808
Merit: 1014
Enjoy new Digibyte Scrypt Pool.

Fast pool ready for miners. 1 DGB automatic and 1 DGB manual payout threshold.

I suppose we need more pools to promote Digibyte. Enjoy!
Activity: 924
Interesting analysis. We will see what happens. Good indicators, but it's just that.

Thanks for the link.

YC

HR,
 What's your analysis based on this?

YC

As you’ve most likely already found out by reading the information provided by www.thepatternsite.com , it’s all about probabilities. The Pattern Site is probably the most comprehensive source of statistical studies on these and many other trading patterns, from the likelihood to break either higher or lower, to probabilities on expected price movements after breakout or breakdown, that I know of.

In spite of its comprehensive and studious nature, The Pattern Site can’t do it all, nor does it purport to do so. Important data points like the potential effects of a confluence of patterns, and the influence of long term support or resistance are not covered. Experienced traders know that a confluence of patterns can strengthen the force of the eventual breakout, although it does not change the probabilities concerning either an upward or downward breakout. However, when these patterns group together at either support or resistance, those probabilities do change – the likelihood of a breakdown at resistance is higher, and the opposite is true when they form at support.

Another important factor to keep in mind is what is referred to as a ‘trap’. There are bull traps and bear traps at highs and lows respectively. A trap is formed when the last of the bulls buy before a reversal lower, or the last of the bears panic sell into what turns out to be the ultimate lows before a reversal higher. This can happen, and does. In the current situation, a break below the symmetrical triangle would signal a test of recent lows, and a break of those lows an almost guaranteed trip down into the depths of the abyss. Traps of this sort, exhaustion in nature, at the end of an intermediate or long term trend, tend to reverse quickly. The long and the short of this is that even though the probabilities are high that support holds and DGB begins a long term uptrend, they do not rule out the possibility of a panic capitulation by sellers first, even if those odds are low.

Again, there are no guarantees in these kinds of markets, but the probabilities in this case favor at least an intermediate trend change and perhaps even a long term trend change starting from current levels. It could even be that we find ourselves saying sometime in the very near future that DGB will never see these prices again, NEVER, but I’ll wait to see what kind of uptrend develops first before going that far, and I’ll also be very ready to buy any panic break of lows hand over fist!

Better get 'em while the gettin's good. Wink

http://thepatternsite.com/visualcpindex.html

Activity: 254
How we get DGB into BitPay till DigiPay is ready?
Maybe with an api from ShapeShift.....
http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/2i3odh/shapeshifts_api/
Activity: 254
Woah, the network difficulty on skein is 11249  .... I am pretty sure the network hash rate for that algo just doubled.   More miner are starting to notice DGB?

Yes i think to. Groestl hash rate was also over 1200.... I think one or two Multipools just hoped on!
Now the price droped to 20 and the difficulty just got back to normal. Thats an indicator for MULTIPOOLS!!!
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Woah, the network difficulty on skein is 11249  .... I am pretty sure the network hash rate for that algo just doubled.   More miner are starting to notice DGB?
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
HR,
 What's your analysis based on this?

YC

As you’ve most likely already found out by reading the information provided by www.thepatternsite.com , it’s all about probabilities. The Pattern Site is probably the most comprehensive source of statistical studies on these and many other trading patterns, from the likelihood to break either higher or lower, to probabilities on expected price movements after breakout or breakdown, that I know of.

In spite of its comprehensive and studious nature, The Pattern Site can’t do it all, nor does it purport to do so. Important data points like the potential effects of a confluence of patterns, and the influence of long term support or resistance are not covered. Experienced traders know that a confluence of patterns can strengthen the force of the eventual breakout, although it does not change the probabilities concerning either an upward or downward breakout. However, when these patterns group together at either support or resistance, those probabilities do change – the likelihood of a breakdown at resistance is higher, and the opposite is true when they form at support.

Another important factor to keep in mind is what is referred to as a ‘trap’. There are bull traps and bear traps at highs and lows respectively. A trap is formed when the last of the bulls buy before a reversal lower, or the last of the bears panic sell into what turns out to be the ultimate lows before a reversal higher. This can happen, and does. In the current situation, a break below the symmetrical triangle would signal a test of recent lows, and a break of those lows an almost guaranteed trip down into the depths of the abyss. Traps of this sort, exhaustion in nature, at the end of an intermediate or long term trend, tend to reverse quickly. The long and the short of this is that even though the probabilities are high that support holds and DGB begins a long term uptrend, they do not rule out the possibility of a panic capitulation by sellers first, even if those odds are low.

Again, there are no guarantees in these kinds of markets, but the probabilities in this case favor at least an intermediate trend change and perhaps even a long term trend change starting from current levels. It could even be that we find ourselves saying sometime in the very near future that DGB will never see these prices again, NEVER, but I’ll wait to see what kind of uptrend develops first before going that far, and I’ll also be very ready to buy any panic break of lows hand over fist!

Better get 'em while the gettin's good. Wink

http://thepatternsite.com/visualcpindex.html

legendary
Activity: 840
But besides that?
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
Getting allot of small actions on mintpal and cryptsy last hours.

biggest volume last 2 days is on CEX.IO Wink
Jump to: