Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1212. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
What about DGB? Smiley

Billionaire Entrepreneur Mark Cuban: 'Bitcoin Has No Shot as a Long-Term Digital Currency'

Source: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/237869

Haha I think it's a better question than it looks. Yes DGB (or any "modern" coin) has actually a greater chance at becoming a cash currency than the fat dinosaur bitcoin IMO. Forking BTC would be madness, not forking BTC means you have ridiculously slow transaction times and other technical restrictions.

About the point Cuban makes, however, that the central banks won't allow btc to succeed, I seriously wonder about their intentions, first, and their ability to bring real buisness out of the crypto market for second.

I'm not that knowldgreable of the subject but I wouldn't take the speculation of some dude too seriously, whoever "that dude" is. It's not like he's bound to put some thought behind his words.

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

My Up-To-Date Mining Stats

------------------------------------------------o------------------------------------------------

By the way, what does everyone think about including this in the 'signature line' of all DGB promotions?

Why use DigiByte?
  • 1st coin to fork to multi-algorithm mining (Most fair distribution).
  • With 5 unique algos & independent difficulties a 51% attack is significantly mitigated and becomes much harder to carry out.
  • 1st coin to develop & implement DigiShield (asymmetrical difficulty adjustment).
  • 30 second blocks are better for merchants transactions.
  • Professional & dedicated development team since launch on Jan. 10th 2014.
  • Strategic long term road-map & vision alongside pending global corporate partnerships.
  • 1:1000 ratio with Bitcoin, better for micro transactions.
  • No more premine as it was given away to users & charity and used for initial development as stated from the beginning until outside funding was received.

We'd be highlighting the fact that DigiByte is a serious coin that can stand on its own.

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
What about DGB? Smiley

Billionaire Entrepreneur Mark Cuban: 'Bitcoin Has No Shot as a Long-Term Digital Currency'

SEPTEMBER 26, 2014
Mark Cuban invests in a motley mix of businesses, from the big (Magnolia Pictures, the Dallas Mavericks and Dropbox) to the small (a candied pretzel startup, a Snapchat-like texting app and a sippy cup maker). And the list goes on and all over the board. But the veteran tech mogul isn’t putting his money behind Bitcoin. Not yet. 

“Nope, I haven’t invested in Bitcoin yet,” Cuban told Entrepreneur.com on the set of Shark Tank. “I go up and down on it.”

He seemed pretty down on it back in March, when he told USA Today at SXSW that he think’s Bitcoin is “great as an encryption technology,” but not as a cryptocurrency. Not for the long haul. The future, he predicts, isn’t bright for Bitcoin as a cryptocash.

Related: Billionaire Entrepreneur Mark Cuban: 'Failure is Part of the Success Equation'

Like many, Cuban compares Bitcoin to gold and says central banks will never let it truly succeed. He also noted that “no one” that he knows in traditional sales who accepts it as payment keeps it as Bitcoin: “They all translate it to dollars.” And, if they convert the digital money to traditional fiat money, in his mind, it’s not a currency.

“As a transport mechanism, an accounting digital transport mechanism, it’s unique and has a great opportunity in the future,” Cuban told USA Today. “I think it’s got no shot as a long term digital currency.”

Related: PayPal Embraces Bitcoin Payments, Partners With BitPay, Coinbase and GoCoin

If the Dallas Mavericks owner ever does jump on the Bitcoin bandwagon, he says it would be purely for entertainment value. “I’d look at [buying] it, but more as fun. It’s almost like buying and selling baseball cards, but there’s definitely risk involved if you’re looking at it to be a long-term currency.”

Will Cuban ever break down and add Bitcoin to his ever-exploding portfolio? “The jury’s still out,” he told us. We’ll have to wait and see.

To see Cuban size up some promising startups outside of the Bitcoin realm, tune in tonight to the Season Six premiere of Shark Tank from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET/PT on your local ABC station.

Source: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/237869
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Ok so, without further ado, let's start collecting the partecipants!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/2hm03a/dogecoin_digibyte_giveaway_details_and_request/

The giveaway will be started next Saturday (4/10/2014), and probably end Sunday, if you guys agree, post there and I'll add you as participants. All you have to do is drop by and greet the shibe, if you want to take part in the tipping that's even better! (of course you may also get involved further, just tell me what you want to do!)

The date and time are quite arbitrary, if you wish it to be done at another date tell me, but I'd like to get this started soon (and with no set dates everything stays up in the air), also I think one week to collect participants is more than enough, we could probbly start sooner but the weekend is the best time. For this weekend it's a it late and it's better not to hurry things too much I guess.

The date is good! Sunday will be my most active day Wink
Get as much people in as we can!   ( https://twitter.com/Alttrade/status/515852037469503488  RT,FAV! )

Ok so, without further ado, let's start collecting the partecipants!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/2hm03a/dogecoin_digibyte_giveaway_details_and_request/

The giveaway will be started next Saturday (4/10/2014), and probably end Sunday, if you guys agree, post there and I'll add you as participants. All you have to do is drop by and greet the shibe, if you want to take part in the tipping that's even better! (of course you may also get involved further, just tell me what you want to do!)

The date and time are quite arbitrary, if you wish it to be done at another date tell me, but I'd like to get this started soon (and with no set dates everything stays up in the air), also I think one week to collect participants is more than enough, we could probbly start sooner but the weekend is the best time. For this weekend it's a it late and it's better not to hurry things too much I guess.

It does not affect the coins per se, only the servers (for example these of an exchange) could be affected. So yes and no, if some exchanges that trade dgb get hacked dgb could be hit too.
It may affect your computer if you have linux or mac not updated, but that's only if you offer some services to the outside.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”
You guys need another pool?
Which algo then?

No interest?

They may have not seen your post.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Does this affect DGB?

‘Bash Bug’ a Concern, But Little Threat to Bitcoin Services
Jon Southurst (@southtopia) | Published on September 26, 2014 at 09:34 BST

There were widespread security concerns yesterday after the discovery of an old flaw that could affect web servers and Internet-connected devices – but many in the industry are claiming it presents no immediate threat to bitcoin services.

The vulnerability, dubbed either the ‘Bash Bug’ or the ‘Shellshock Bug’, would allow a malicious access to a UNIX-based device’s operating system via the command line shell – the most widely used of which is bash.

UNIX-based systems include MacOS, Linux versions (desktop and server), popular mobile platforms and embedded systems on other devices that communicate online.

CNET reported that security expert Robert Graham, described it as “as big a deal as Heartbleed” – the OpenSSL flaw discovered in April – given the “enormous percentage of software that interacts with the shell”.

‘Over-hyped’

Jeff Garzik, bitcoin core developer and now senior software engineer at BitPay, however, said there is no clear and present danger to bitcoin users.

“Prediction: bash bug NOT bigger threat than heartbleed,” he posted on a Reddit thread.

Garzik told CoinDesk that, while the newly-discovered bug had the potential to be bad, “most online services using bitcoin are far more secure than your average home router”.

He added that the Bash Bug would impact mostly non-bitcoin sites, and was being over-hyped.

“It requires special set of conditions to be exploitable, and home routers and ancient Apache web servers were already Swiss cheese security anyway. I think the practical impact will be much less than the mainstream media is making it out to be.”

Bitcoin a target?

At this stage, there are no reports of any exploit of the Bash Bug affecting any bitcoin-related services. So why care at all?

Bitcoin services may potentially be a more attractive target for hackers and thieves than more established, fiat-based services like online banking and PayPal.

There are two historic reasons for this: poor security implementation at some early-stage online bitcoin services, and the reluctance of authorities to investigate or punish digital currency crimes, unless they suspect drugs or money laundering are involved.

Therefore it is best to at least be aware of potential problems developers and services may face.

One exchange’s view

Yan Chuan or ‘YC’, CTO of exchange BitBays.com, said the bug was “relatively easy for hackers to use”, and recommended all users patch, back up logs, and check systems to see if any attack had occurred.

Because the bug allowed malicious hackers full access to an operating system there was potential for any kind of attack, from stealing bitcoin wallets to installing keyloggers and backdoors.

YC said bitcoin itself would not be affected due to its decentralized structure.

“However, as a centralized provider of exchange or wallet services it is possible to be affected by the bash bug. Due to the presence of this vulnerability, open SSH, HTTP, FTP and other application servers are all at risk of being remotely accessed and controlled by a hacker.”

Since Windows is not UNIX-based, its desktop users would not be affected themselves. BitBays’ platform is prepared, YC continued, but concerned users of other platform might like to ask their exchange or wallet service about the situation if unsure.

Cracked shell

The Bash Bug vulnerability stems from a serious security flaw that exists in the bash (Bourne Again SHell) command ‘env‘. It affects the local shell, as well as SSH, FTP, HTTP, and other important services.

YC explained how the bug could be exploited, saying that many web servers send the user’s HTTP request information (REMOTE_HOST), REQUEST_METHOD, QUERY-STRING, etc) stored in an environment variable, to the backend Web framework or CGI scripts.

If this information includes malicious instructions, the next time the server executes bash it will execute the malicious instructions. Thus, the server is compromised.

At present, the popular Apache + PHP and Nginx + wsgi frameworks are vulnerable.

No quick fix

According to Red Hat, which issued its own security advisory, many programs access the bash shell in the background. Several Linux distributions have already made patches available, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Debian, Ubuntu and CentOS.

The bug, which has actually existed for more than 25 years before the release of today’s news, could affect millions of devices and leave much older ones in need of patching. It is the sheer number of devices in need of patching, rather than the flaw’s complexity or known exploits, that has some experts concerned.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/bash-bug-concern-little-threat-bitcoin-services/
Activity: 270
Lovin' Crypto
This is awesome to see the community rallying together! We are working hard on numerous things as we speak. We definitely would contribute some DGB toward a giveaway!

Thanks for pointing out the merge request! We are doing some analysis on the code base to see how we can improve it & fix some of the issues we are seeing. It is much better to package several updates in a new wallet release than to release several wallet updates back to back.

We are currently working to bring on new members to the core DigiByte & DigiPay team & getting them up to speed (they are from outside the crypto world). We have an exchange in alpha right now and we have several other very exciting things we will be announcing in the coming weeks. We are working on getting the Android, IOS & Electrum wallets finished as well as stamping out the BitTrex issue, the RPC sendtomany problem and the coin maturity issue (all related).

We want to begin building momentum! Lets keep the awesome conversations we have been seeing about various topics going! You guys rock!

Good news there!
Android wallet will be awsome!

And for the backend work... good luck!

How much DGB do we need?  and because it's a cross give away how much doge?  I have some reserved DGB for give aways etc. And will buy some doge to support.
Maybe we should start advertising on Facebook&twitter  about the give away?  

@Digibyte, Is there any update we could expect in a few days so we could use the give away to get more attention?

I myself am willing to put some 5-10k doge and 10-20k digibyte for a start. Of course I can go further than that, but my objective is that we give a small tip (50 doge, 100 digi) to at least the first 100-200 people.
Most giveaways on dogecoin subreddit give somewhere between 10 and 100 doge so I suppose it's a decent amount.

If you add a similar amount it'd be great to have two (or more) tippers, it sure helps lighting things up! But I'm not sure we should try  to hand out a really large amount, giveaways are about being nice, not "buying" people (ok we're still talking cents but tips always look bigger than they are Tongue).

Digibyte is already popular among shibes and they love giveaways, so IMO to publicize the giveaway for them is probably an overkill (I'm sure they'll come here in the hundreds). It's not an overkill to look for digibyte fellows, though, because we are lacking here Sad I mean having a dozen digibyters and a hundred shibes coming to say hello if fine, but if we're 3 it's a bit of a letdown!

Well let's do this, I'll make another post on the subreddit, outlining my own "plan" a bit better, and asking when how and if you (I mean any digibyte fellow) wish to contribute. You can answer here too but it makes things a bit messier, if you can drop on the reddit post it'd be nicer, I'm not sure who's who as I suppose some of you here posted on reddit too, with a different nickname. I suppose many of you are a bit perplex about my idea I hope some more details will clarify things (ofc everything is up for discussion!).

PS: I noticed there's a tad more activity now on the subreddit, which makes me happy Cheesy

oh BTW I'm assuming @DigiByte dev's quite busy these days, but there's an unaddressed pull request here https://github.com/digibyte/DigiByteProject/pull/15 (it's not mine and I didn't test it, just pointing it out)
This is awesome to see the community rallying together! We are working hard on numerous things as we speak. We definitely would contribute some DGB toward a giveaway!

Thanks for pointing out the merge request! We are doing some analysis on the code base to see how we can improve it & fix some of the issues we are seeing. It is much better to package several updates in a new wallet release than to release several wallet updates back to back.

We are currently working to bring on new members to the core DigiByte & DigiPay team & getting them up to speed (they are from outside the crypto world). We have an exchange in alpha right now and we have several other very exciting things we will be announcing in the coming weeks. We are working on getting the Android, IOS & Electrum wallets finished as well as stamping out the BitTrex issue, the RPC sendtomany problem and the coin maturity issue (all related).

We want to begin building momentum! Lets keep the awesome conversations we have been seeing about various topics going! You guys rock!

Thank you Digibyte!Looking forward to it  Grin
Maybe to start the Reddit awarenes post this update over there!

Tweet is out : https://twitter.com/Alttrade/status/515810564103499776

http://forum.casheer.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=361
Come and support Digibyte for the Casheer app!

http://boostpool.com/stats/     Day by day it's getting less hashes!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

How much DGB do we need?  and because it's a cross give away how much doge?  I have some reserved DGB for give aways etc. And will buy some doge to support.
Maybe we should start advertising on Facebook&twitter  about the give away? 

@Digibyte, Is there any update we could expect in a few days so we could use the give away to get more attention?

I myself am willing to put some 5-10k doge and 10-20k digibyte for a start. Of course I can go further than that, but my objective is that we give a small tip (50 doge, 100 digi) to at least the first 100-200 people.
Most giveaways on dogecoin subreddit give somewhere between 10 and 100 doge so I suppose it's a decent amount.

If you add a similar amount it'd be great to have two (or more) tippers, it sure helps lighting things up! But I'm not sure we should try  to hand out a really large amount, giveaways are about being nice, not "buying" people (ok we're still talking cents but tips always look bigger than they are Tongue).

Digibyte is already popular among shibes and they love giveaways, so IMO to publicize the giveaway for them is probably an overkill (I'm sure they'll come here in the hundreds). It's not an overkill to look for digibyte fellows, though, because we are lacking here Sad I mean having a dozen digibyters and a hundred shibes coming to say hello if fine, but if we're 3 it's a bit of a letdown!

Well let's do this, I'll make another post on the subreddit, outlining my own "plan" a bit better, and asking when how and if you (I mean any digibyte fellow) wish to contribute. You can answer here too but it makes things a bit messier, if you can drop on the reddit post it'd be nicer, I'm not sure who's who as I suppose some of you here posted on reddit too, with a different nickname. I suppose many of you are a bit perplex about my idea I hope some more details will clarify things (ofc everything is up for discussion!).

PS: I noticed there's a tad more activity now on the subreddit, which makes me happy Cheesy

oh BTW I'm assuming @DigiByte dev's quite busy these days, but there's an unaddressed pull request here https://github.com/digibyte/DigiByteProject/pull/15 (it's not mine and I didn't test it, just pointing it out)

How much DGB do we need?  and because it's a cross give away how much doge?  I have some reserved DGB for give aways etc. And will buy some doge to support.

If you add a similar amount it'd be great to have two (or more) tippers, it sure helps lighting things up! But I'm not sure we should try  to hand out a really large amount, giveaways are about being nice, not "buying" people (ok we're still talking cents but tips always look bigger than they are Tongue).

Willing to donate 15k dgb & 5 k doge, already bought them.
Have the same account name on reddit.

Hmm, which gimmics? Besides the robot logo of digibyte isn't too old fashoned either  Grin

I like reddit, I found out about it trough dogecoin actually, it's cool how you don't have tons of javascript around and useless dynamic content likke in facebook or twitter. But if you don't like it I guess there's nothing to do about it  Smiley

Would you participate in the doge-digibyte cross-giveaway anyways? ( http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/2hgqv8/idea_dogedigi_crossgiveaway/ if someone missed it)

I do think digibyte has a bigger chanche than doge at merketing itself to buisnesses, but if there's no community why should somebody go trough the trouble of accepting it?

legendary
Hi Im Trying to transfer some coins and i keep getting a error "the transaction was rejected"  anyone seen this before
Are you still experiencing this issue?
legendary
Buying and selling is impossible at Bittrex for over a week now... bad thing for DGB
Trading is still possible. We ourselves have traded a bit on there the past couple days.

We are still working on diagnosing exactly what the issue is with the BitTrex wallet. They are the only exchange that seems to be experiencing this issue.
Activity: 349
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”
I reckon that's it for my DGB mining. I kept my 35-40Gh/s on the pool for a while, but now I'm not really pulling anything in.  Undecided I fare better mining BTC
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Buying and selling is impossible at Bittrex for over a week now... bad thing for DGB
Jump to: