Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1254. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
According to what i've read between Scrypt and Skein, 1mh (scrypt) is equivalent to 300mh (skein).
We have a median of 100mh on p2pool scrypt and 3gh on the skein p2pool. (just taking p2pool stats)
So 100mh scrypt is equivalent to 30gh skein if i'm right, so we have 10x time more power on Scrypt p2pool but we find much more less blocks on the Scrypt p2pool than Skein p2pool.
Correct me if i'm wrong but if i'm right that mean Skein is much more easier with 10x time less power... so their might be a problem with difficulty retargetting on Skein Huh

"1mh to 300mh" is equivalent to "100mh to 30gh". Each time its factor is 300 Wink
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
According to what i've read between Scrypt and Skein, 1mh (scrypt) is equivalent to 300mh (skein).
We have a median of 100mh on p2pool scrypt and 3gh on the skein p2pool. (just taking p2pool stats)
So 100mh scrypt is equivalent to 30gh skein if i'm right, so we have 10x time more power on Scrypt p2pool but we find much more less blocks on the Scrypt p2pool than Skein p2pool.
Correct me if i'm wrong but if i'm right that mean Skein is much more easier with 10x time less power... so their might be a problem with difficulty retargetting on Skein Huh

Taking the last 10 hours worth of data available from http://insight.dgb.cryptopoolmining.com I've come up with the following stats:

Groestl........185 blocks found
Qubit...........182 blocks found
Scrypt.........113 blocks found
SHA-256.....196 blocks found
Skein..........190 blocks found

based on blocks found, maybe the problem is on the difficulty retargetting on scrypt, all other 4 algos are about ~190

the difficulty should adjust such that a block is found every 30 Second Blocks (2.5 Min per Algo)

2 * 60mins * 10hrs = 1200 blocks
1200 / 5 = 240 blocks per algo in ten hours, but scrypt is way down only 113 blocks
mez
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Activity: 335
Activity: 215
With all the hashrate DGB got in the last week, you can be sure that most of those that helped get to block 145 000 won't hold this coin. they will dump no matter the price to get back to the coins they have in their portfolio. Sad but it happens, DGB is now a multi-algo (first to switch from single algo), dev just need to continue their great work and things will keep improving.

I can only speak for myself...  but as one of those who threw significant hashpower at the network to push it along in the days leading up to the switch I can assure you I have never sold a single DGB, not now and in fact not at all in the history of the coin. I've mined a load and bought a load.... and intend to buy more. I'm still mining on scrypt with my own equipment at a significant loss, although that may come to an end soon as I am considering selling my ASICs. I'm holding for the day they are actually worth something and I can either buy directly or sell for real money, not fractions of a BTC.

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Hello Digibyte & community,

Today i contacted litepaid to accept Digibyte on there payment platform and within a few hours they replied.

Digibyte is accepted!! Grin    they told me it will be working from  tomorrow morning.   (4-9-2014)

This week i will be working on accepting Digibyte.

https://www.litepaid.com/
https://twitter.com/LitePaid

Sad ik stuurde ze een maand geleden de zelfde vraag naar 1 week kreeg ik te horen dat het gewoon ging gebeuren ({boosteken})
maar goed nieuws (ik zal jouw voortaan alles laten typen;), in plaats van ik...

waar is je winkel gevestigd, en wat verkoop je?
online en in de winkel, of alleen online?

OHHHHHHHHHHHH YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please email us again. i cannot find any unhandled tickets.
:
some coins go quicker: bigger volume, exchanges etc...
Activity: 266
> srcxxx, I've sent you a PM alerting you to the fact that your proprietary pool currently, as of this writing, has over 50% of the DGB Groestl hashrate.

Hi HR!

I saw your message, but I'm not quite sure what course of action you are proposing.

Also, even if all the groestl algo miners were on cryptohunger, that wouldn't be 100% of DGB hashrate. That is the whole idea of multi-algo switch.

For the miners who only mine DGB to sell them straight away into BTC, I'm proposing to point your grs-sgminer 1.4 to stratum+tcp://boostpool.com:3333 and use your BTC address as login.

boostpool.com is a multipool with BTC payouts. All mined coins (which is 100% DGB now, as it is by far more profitable than MYR or SFR). Currently it is in Beta and the UI is total crap, but payouts are working just fine.
So some might want to hop in there to distribute the hashrate.

PS: The address that you mentioned is used for DGB payouts. So yes, there are lots of DGB coming in there, but then they are being sent out to miners.

Thanks
srcxxx
Activity: 67
DS9k6wEtinNUQULcqEMT4KM4TGzx7sKrVq
just made a wallet
can't wait to start trading Smiley

You've been doing this on more than 10 coins, what's the point of telling everyone your address? You want free coins? Get involved in the community, maybe one day you'll receive some, till then it might be considered spam.

Good spot!

His recent post history is comical.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
DS9k6wEtinNUQULcqEMT4KM4TGzx7sKrVq
just made a wallet
can't wait to start trading Smiley

You've been doing this on more than 10 coins, what's the point of telling everyone your address? You want free coins? Get involved in the community, maybe one day you'll receive some, till then it might be considered spam.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
Only 3 BTC till 1 sat, damn. Lets hope there is _some_ news soon to push DGB up a bit (don't want a pump), because I really don't want DGB to drop that low.

With all the hashrate DGB got in the last week, you can be sure that most of those that helped get to block 145 000 won't hold this coin. they will dump no matter the price to get back to the coins they have in their portfolio. Sad but it happens, DGB is now a multi-algo (first to switch from single algo), dev just need to continue their great work and things will keep improving.
Activity: 67
Ugh, the stupid miner crashed for the night while I was mining skein... And I can't get down in the basement to reboot... Ugh 12 hours of wasted time. Costs me 34 cents to run the thing while it's frozen Sad

Just venting my frustrations lol

Bird,

Just a heads up (or maybe a question as to why), but your Groestl pool has recently been making weird payouts that don't include all the miners currently mining.

Three recent examples are blocks
http://insight.dgb.cryptopoolmining.com/block/0d03fd75bee18864fcaa97457da1defd54e8f75fde8e9ef260f00aa2027440ed
(where there was only one address paid to that isn't even mining)

http://insight.dgb.cryptopoolmining.com/block/dd1f60e865d52fdc02561af3a5367d70a55ff51e9ed76eaae11fb620e38c4faa
(two addresses that aren't mining either)

http://insight.dgb.cryptopoolmining.com/block/1230681f657d4bf2d0d6907bbad7e7c1e540065c9b8281378d8a5212e49b3add
(same two as above that aren't mining)

What's up with this?

...:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...

On another note, just for fun I took a peek at address D96y4y74NUegfYJ8yn9chxbPLrRiypCF6V and there's been around 40 payouts to that same address since block 150452, and almost always the same exact amount: 6117.69330151 DGB, and those are not coming from Bird's Pool.

Huh

The D96y4y74NUegfYJ8yn9chxbPLrRiypCF6V address massive payout looks like a possible red flag to immediately investigate. Almost a quarter a million DGB in a couple of hours!!!

Add: Another 61,000 or so in the last 30 minutes - at that rate, the take down would be just shy of 3 million a day (or almost 14% of theoretical production and 20% of actual discovery). Could that really be legit? With the payouts I saw from Bird's pool that should have gone to other addresses, I seriously doubt it.

Add 2: It's all Groestl and Crypto Hunger has got the hashrate to do this ( http://cryptohunger.com:81/tbs ) the sporadic payouts suggest this might be the case. But, the 2 payouts from Bird's pool? Orphans?

Wow, if that's the case, we're getting a concentrated hashrate issue due to someone not releasing all of his "proprietary" code . . .

Monopolization is a real issue in a supposedly decentralized crypto world.

Add 3:     srcxxx, I've sent you a PM alerting you to the fact that your proprietary pool currently, as of this writing, has over 50% of the DGB Groestl hashrate.

Interesting stuff ... but with 50% of Groestl that is still only half of one algorithm, i.e. 10% of the network. So not a huge issue.

There are some big hitters soaking up the rewards for the less popular algos (ie. not scrypt or Sha) and some of those are solomining ... be interesting to see how it works out in a few days after everything has calmed down.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Only 3 BTC till 1 sat, damn. Lets hope there is _some_ news soon to push DGB up a bit (don't want a pump), because I really don't want DGB to drop that low.

I've done a quick mathematical check, and, with its current diff and network hashrate, break-even for electical usage only (using US national electrical costs and excluding hardware investments) for Groestl is 70 satoshi. For example.

With its current diff and network hashrate, break-even for electrical usage only (using US national electrical costs and excluding hardware investments) for SHA-256 is 32 satoshi.

So, according to these two samples (haven't had time to do scrypt yet, but I think it's probably higher than SHA-256), anyone selling at current levels is losing money in the process (very smart - NOT) . . . unless they're mining in Iceland that is. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-12-25/trip-through-bitcoin-mines

I'm not sure about your mathematical, could you give some detail because i'm with Groestl with 2 270x and if i can earn more 0.0015 btc / day, i have profit. I'm in europe, 0.16 dollars / kwh. With 8000 DGB per day, it's good at 25 satoshi...

I'm saying that but i don't sell my DGB Smiley more than a millions, i'm waiting 1 dollard / DGB Wink

We're both correct: yours is real life data (which I can corroborate), and my above calculations are based on 'official' blockchain data coming from the various pools and sgminer diff ratios, etc.
Activity: 142

I've done a quick mathematical check, and, with its current diff and network hashrate, break-even for electical usage only (using US national electrical costs and excluding hardware investments) for Groestl is 70 satoshi. For example.

With its current diff and network hashrate, break-even for electrical usage only (using US national electrical costs and excluding hardware investments) for SHA-256 is 32 satoshi.

So, according to these two samples (haven't had time to do scrypt yet, but I think it's probably higher than SHA-256), anyone selling at current levels is losing money in the process (very smart - NOT) . . . unless they're mining in Iceland that is. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-12-25/trip-through-bitcoin-mines

I'm not sure about your mathematical, could you give some detail because i'm with Groestl with 2 270x and if i can earn more 0.0015 btc / day, i have profit. I'm in europe, 0.16 dollars / kwh. With 8000 DGB per day, it's good at 25 satoshi...

I'm saying that but i don't sell my DGB Smiley more than a millions, i'm waiting 1 dollard / DGB Wink
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
Ugh, the stupid miner crashed for the night while I was mining skein... And I can't get down in the basement to reboot... Ugh 12 hours of wasted time. Costs me 34 cents to run the thing while it's frozen Sad

Just venting my frustrations lol

Bird,

Just a heads up (or maybe a question as to why), but your Groestl pool has recently been making weird payouts that don't include all the miners currently mining.

Three recent examples are blocks
http://insight.dgb.cryptopoolmining.com/block/0d03fd75bee18864fcaa97457da1defd54e8f75fde8e9ef260f00aa2027440ed
(where there was only one address paid to that isn't even mining)

http://insight.dgb.cryptopoolmining.com/block/dd1f60e865d52fdc02561af3a5367d70a55ff51e9ed76eaae11fb620e38c4faa
(two addresses that aren't mining either)

http://insight.dgb.cryptopoolmining.com/block/1230681f657d4bf2d0d6907bbad7e7c1e540065c9b8281378d8a5212e49b3add
(same two as above that aren't mining)

What's up with this?

...:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...

On another note, just for fun I took a peek at address D96y4y74NUegfYJ8yn9chxbPLrRiypCF6V and there's been around 40 payouts to that same address since block 150452, and almost always the same exact amount: 6117.69330151 DGB, and those are not coming from Bird's Pool.

Huh

The D96y4y74NUegfYJ8yn9chxbPLrRiypCF6V address massive payout looks like a possible red flag to immediately investigate. Almost a quarter a million DGB in a couple of hours!!!

Add: Another 61,000 or so in the last 30 minutes - at that rate, the take down would be just shy of 3 million a day (or almost 14% of theoretical production and 20% of actual discovery). Could that really be legit? With the payouts I saw from Bird's pool that should have gone to other addresses, I seriously doubt it.

Add 2: It's all Groestl and Crypto Hunger has got the hashrate to do this ( http://cryptohunger.com:81/tbs ) the sporadic payouts suggest this might be the case. But, the 2 payouts from Bird's pool? Orphans?

Wow, if that's the case, we're getting a concentrated hashrate issue due to someone not releasing all of his "proprietary" code . . .

Monopolization is a real issue in a supposedly decentralized crypto world.

Add 3:     srcxxx, I've sent you a PM alerting you to the fact that your proprietary pool currently, as of this writing, has over 50% of the DGB Groestl hashrate.

legendary
Activity: 840
RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Activity: 215

there are only four things the dutch sell , 1. football players , 2. weed , 3.flowers , 4. hookers      LoL  Tongue

you forgot that we also sell bicycles Wink

I can vouch for that. I bought a Dutch bike here in London...  a Gazelle!  Oh..  and I may have bought some of those other things in Amsterdam...  but I'll never tell which  Grin

Number 2  Grin
[/quote]

Hmmm...  flowers. Buds. All the same right?  Grin Grin Grin

Ok, seriously OT here... 
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

there are only four things the dutch sell , 1. football players , 2. weed , 3.flowers , 4. hookers      LoL  Tongue

you forgot that we also sell bicycles Wink

I can vouch for that. I bought a Dutch bike here in London...  a Gazelle!  Oh..  and I may have bought some of those other things in Amsterdam...  but I'll never tell which  Grin

[/quote]

Number 2  Grin
Jump to: