Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1318. (Read 3058812 times)

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Has anyone noticed how stable the price of DGB has been relative to the vast majority of alt-coins since March? Excluding the outlier spikes, the 30+ range has held steady. LTC has lost half its value in that same time frame. DOGE has lost around 75%. MYR has lost over 80%. VTC has lost close to 90%. And the list goes on and on.

DGB has held its own in spite of technical issues and its relatively long reaction time to the ASIC menace. Why is that? Why has the open market continued to support DGB in spite of its difficulties while it has punished the vast majority of other alt-coins?

I would suggest that a very important factor is Jared himself. Not so much that he is a genius or anything like that, but rather that we have a real flesh and bones person behind the coin and not some unknown, God only knows who, person lurking behind an “anonymous” internet nick. He seems to be a hard worker, he’s focused, he’s seemingly professional (at least all his communications are very ‘corporate world correct’), and he seems to know what he’s doing. The jury is still out on definitive statements and only time will tell, but what we can indeed definitively say is that WE KNOW WHO HE IS.

That’s transparency working in DGB’s favor and it’s the main reason why investors continue to support DGB . . . if you ask me. I’m convinced that if DGB didn’t have a public face, it wouldn’t have been spared the carnage of recent months. Think about it. Sound reasonable to you?

If that sounds reasonable then why not embrace transparency wholeheartedly? “Investors” demand transparency. Nobody invests their money where they don’t have clear and legally binding paper trails. Nobody except criminals that is. Anonymity only benefits criminals. Unless you’re a money launder or an online crack dealer, anonymity does nothing for you other than damage the long term prospects for you investment. Legit, law abiding citizens make up 99.9% of modern society – if you want to take your coin (i.e. investment) mainstream, it goes without saying that you need to respond to the needs and demands of the mainstream. It’s a no-brainer.

Embrace transparency and you lock in a guaranteed winner. Insist on anonymity and you automatically condemn yourself to a minority ‘niche’ market that will only lead you to eventual ruin (in more ways than one).

Think about it.

Full Disclosure: that same long term background just mentioned above in conjunction with recent positive developments regarding the algo change has given me reason to re-establish a mid-sized position in DGB.

RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...
Just wanted to give everyone an update. The testing has went somewhat decently but it has revealed a few issues we need to address. We are working on ironing the kinks out as we speak.

The biggest problem we have ran into has actually been with the mining pool itself. Setting up all 5 mining algorithms on one mining pool as proved a bit ambitious. To date there are no mining pools out there that have been able to achieve that with NOMP. Stay tuned for more updates! We are working hard and want to make sure there are no issues when we roll out this update! Thanks for all your support and help with testing!

check out sprite160's NOMP pool
it supports scrypt, groest, x11, and scrypt-n

http://www.diggerpool.com/

Are you saying you will be adding DigiByte to this pool?
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
Just wanted to give everyone an update. The testing has went somewhat decently but it has revealed a few issues we need to address. We are working on ironing the kinks out as we speak.

The biggest problem we have ran into has actually been with the mining pool itself. Setting up all 5 mining algorithms on one mining pool as proved a bit ambitious. To date there are no mining pools out there that have been able to achieve that with NOMP. Stay tuned for more updates! We are working hard and want to make sure there are no issues when we roll out this update! Thanks for all your support and help with testing!

check out sprite160's NOMP pool
it supports scrypt, groest, x11, and scrypt-n

http://www.diggerpool.com/

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
good coin with bad price heh

this is the price to purchase some coin as the market is low but when the price will rise no chance of buying then.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
If only we'd be on Bittrex... Mintpal's volume is going down hard.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
good coin with bad price heh

Good price to secure yourself a nice position, a million coins can be worth a lot in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Wahoo, great job!  What are you considering for the other algorithms?  I thought Groestl was the most energy efficient.  Would they be a replacement of one of the existing algorithms or would they be in addition to?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
To all DigiByte users, make sure to withdraw all DGB from @AustinGlobalX before they close on July 31st:  https://agx.io/
legendary
Would anybody mind sharing the letter they send/sent to their reps about the NYDFC proposals? I'm not sure I could explain in adequate terms how some of the proposed regs are unenforceable or nonsensical for the crypto platform. I think I can handle the parts about information collecting well enough but not being a tech guy the nuts and bolts of it isn't my forte.

Haven't sent any letters as I don't live in the NY (or in the U.S.A for that matter) but this is quite a good article imo that you might want to add a link to in the letter:
http://moneyandstate.com/reflections-right-privacy-response-nydfs-bitcoin-proposal/
Great article, thanks for sharing!
legendary
Great news everyone!

We have finally got the multi-algo code functioning with the proper difficulty adjustments.  Our previous open test revealed several issues that we have now corrected. One of the issues was making the difficulty of two of the other algos match sha's difficulty. This was obviously an issue and it was not an issue easily revealed with in house testing. We needed to have that additional hash to show how the network would really respond. So thank you all for helping with that!

We are now testing some more tweaks to optimize the DigiShield performance so there is no chance of a sluggish blockchain like we are seeing now. We are also considering testing a couple other algorithms which we think will be more energy efficient for everyone's GPU's. We will make 100% sure everything works before releasing the update.

Right now our goal is to finalize/release the update by Wednesday. Thank you for your patience!
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Would anybody mind sharing the letter they send/sent to their reps about the NYDFC proposals? I'm not sure I could explain in adequate terms how some of the proposed regs are unenforceable or nonsensical for the crypto platform. I think I can handle the parts about information collecting well enough but not being a tech guy the nuts and bolts of it isn't my forte.

Haven't sent any letters as I don't live in the NY (or in the U.S.A for that matter) but this is quite a good article imo that you might want to add a link to in the letter:
http://moneyandstate.com/reflections-right-privacy-response-nydfs-bitcoin-proposal/
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Activity: 268
My wallet got stuck at block 73057 Sad help
Activity: 924
Activity: 784
Merit: 1002
CLAM Developer
New York just released their proposed "Bitcoin Businesses" regulations. They are insane/going to kill off all innovation in NY. Plus, now anyone creating an opensource cryptocurrency that does not retain the names, addresses & locations of everyone using that currency will be considered a criminal.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2aycxs/hi_this_is_ben_lawsky_at_nydfs_here_are_the/cizyqyz
Read this for some clarity: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-industry-nydfs-bitlicense-proposal/
It's not as bad as it seems and folks are already starting to push back on the parts that make no sense....
“The [framework addresses] safeguarding client funds, anti-money laundering, books and records, compliance requirements and procedures,” said Jalil. “These things are very common in the regulation of the banking and financial services industries.”
If you really want a viable alt-currency, that is to say, a REAL cryptocurrency, you need those things - without them nobody will invest their hard earned money (again, unless you're a reddit juvenile dreamer).
Say goodbye to anonymity.

I whole-heartedly agree with DigiByte.

The proposed legislation is draconian and an affront to open source software development.

It threatens every aspect of crypto-currency.

From mining decentralization, and thus crypto-currency security; to open source software development.

It is an assault on the entire p2p decentralized software movement.

If this legislation passes in it's current form - we should weep for our children and grand-children.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
New York just released their proposed "Bitcoin Businesses" regulations. They are insane/going to kill off all innovation in NY. Plus, now anyone creating an opensource cryptocurrency that does not retain the names, addresses & locations of everyone using that currency will be considered a criminal.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2aycxs/hi_this_is_ben_lawsky_at_nydfs_here_are_the/cizyqyz

Read this for some clarity: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-industry-nydfs-bitlicense-proposal/

It's not as bad as it seems and folks are already starting to push back on the parts that make no sense....

“The [framework addresses] safeguarding client funds, anti-money laundering, books and records, compliance requirements and procedures,” said Jalil. “These things are very common in the regulation of the banking and financial services industries.”

If you really want a viable alt-currency, that is to say, a REAL cryptocurrency, you need those things - without them nobody will invest their hard earned money (again, unless you're a reddit juvenile dreamer).

Say goodbye to anonymity.

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Get used to it. That's the future. Anyone who ever thought anonymity was feasible long term was a reddit user. Wink

Activity: 421

DGB stuck on block 140034?

(3 hours since last block)

The next version will fix that. Now digibyte is not alive.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10

DGB stuck on block 140034?

(3 hours since last block)
Jump to: