Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1314. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I don't have dates handy sorry. I mined at launch and for a short while afterwards.
Then each week or so, I would download the updated blockchain.

I missed downloading the blockchain for a while, so my last sync (which was my post date, 2 days ago I believe) was when I got the nice surprise of my wallet being emptied.

That was all the coins i had, all were mined at launch, and for a little while after launch.
I would occasionally open the client to update the block chain.

I'm not sure how much help I'm offering with these questions, but for what it's worth, my next question would be regarding dates. Do you remember more or less the dates you mined the coins? Do you remember more or less the dates for the last time you saw the coins in your wallet? And the date you first noticed they were gone?

You know, when going back and looking at your original post, that sure looks like a send coins to me. This is very weird since it was broken into hundreds of random amounts that all went to the same destination address, and all in the same transaction (from the looks of things). The date of your send coins in your original post is not the same date as the recorded transaction date either. Very strange. The more data you can provide, the better.

Also, DigiByte asked what mining pool you were using at the time you were mining since he's thinking you were on a fork. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg7992363;topicseen#msg7992363

But if that were the case, then how did they eventually get sent to another address, and then spent another month and a half later from that address? As I said, this is very strange. I'm wondering if your computer was compromised and the coins stolen . . .

Activity: 393
Merit: 250
That was all the coins i had, all were mined at launch, and for a little while after launch.

I'm not sure how much help I'm offering with these questions, but for what it's worth, my next question would be regarding dates. Do you remember more or less the dates you mined the coins? Do you remember more or less the dates for the last time you saw the coins in your wallet? And the date you first noticed they were gone?

You know, when going back and looking at your original post, that sure looks like a send coins to me. This is very weird since it was broken into hundreds of random amounts that all went to the same destination address, and all in the same transaction (from the looks of things). The date of your send coins in your original post is not the same date as the recorded transaction date either. Very strange. The more data you can provide, the better.

Also, DigiByte asked what mining pool you were using at the time you were mining since he's thinking you were on a fork. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg7992363;topicseen#msg7992363

But if that were the case, then how did they eventually get sent to another address, and then spent another month and a half later from that address? As I said, this is very strange. I'm wondering if your computer was compromised and the coins stolen . . .

Are you sure you don't have a virus/trojan on your machine ?
A friend of mine lost his 1100 LTC like this, due to a trojan that targets wallet.dat files.
Can be that someone took the idea/code and re-wrote it for DGB wallets.
Just a hint. - http://www.coindesk.com/litecoin-targeted-by-trojan-malware/ -
Activity: 335

Better rewards
Coins deposited directly in your wallet
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed, just a DigiByte address as username
If node is down, you don't lose your DigiByte, your work is saved on network.

JOIN US TO MINE
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Activity: 393
http://ca.p2pool.sk:9022/static/
p2pool node with 1% fee

I just updated to latest digibyted from git
Activity: 560

wallet is up to date.
I didn't send them anywhere. I just mined them.

I mined these myself at launch, and then archived the wallet after that.
I then periodically sync, but this particular case, the sync was not done for a while.
Once I updated the client, my coins vanished.

Have you tried re-indexing the wallet? Or opening with the -rescan option?

You might even try deleting the blockchain folder and letting it re-download. Sometimes your local blockchain database can get corrupted.

http://altexplorer.net/address/DCjdizkQsj7mkcgvTA2WYKEkAm1huUs393

This shows there was 1 transaction in and 1 transaction out. Was that the address you sent the coins to originally?

cad_cdn, Had you ever had any other coins in your wallet, ever sent or recieved coins, or were those mined coins the only coins you ever had in your wallet?

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Thanks for the updates, much appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Since there will be a replacement for the algos, do we have a new estimated launch date?  I was just curious if we should expect to be ready today or next week sometime or what.

/waiting with great anticipation. 
We wont have it ready today, we are working hard to get it done as quickly as possible. We also have been working hard on some new developments this week that we cannot release the details of yet. Smiley
Since there will be a replacement for the algos, do we have a new estimated launch date?  I was just curious if we should expect to be ready today or next week sometime or what.

/waiting with great anticipation. 
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

Have you seen this? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anngroestlmyriadgroestl-pool-closed-652849 I'm getting a clear double the hashrate for only 28% more electricity cost on my 7950's.

Oh, and, how about that aidbit wallet? Have you taken a look at that?

I saw that special miner awhile ago but I haven't looked at exactly what it does.  I use 14.6 drivers on my 280x rigs so I wasn't too excited about going back to 13.12 just for the one coin when I was mining x11 so much due to heat profitability of X11.  Why does that miner only work for certain pools, I never got that, is it because Groestl uses a different stratum?  I remember Danbi working on it quite a bit when Diamond switched algos.  So the big question is, with all the speed improvements that this special miner has, will it work with the digibyte pool?

I haven't looked at the aidbit wallet yet other than read the description of what it does, hopefully ill have time this weekend to download the wallet and play with it.  Sounds like it has a lot of features I was thinking of.

You've got the switches for all three of the groestl flavors: groestlcoin, myriadcoin-groestl, and diamond (but I don't see the diamond files in the github zip . . . the first two are the most interesting anyway). I highly recommend it. Just be prepared to rollback just in case - but I'd take a look at how things go with the 14.6 drivers first anyway. It's a standalone, alongside install . . .

Hey, that wallet is cutting edge. Check it out. It really is a one click install and one click miner. I had a free moment this afternoon to take a quick look, and all I can say is: Impressive.

Wow, the aidbit wallet was one of the simplest ways to get mining ever.

Download, install, I started mining while the wallet was still syncing. Not one issue.

We need something like this for sure!

We will check into this. Thank you for sharing!
RJF
Activity: 616
Online since '89...
To update everyone on multi-algo:

We have the myriad 5 algo implementation working as expected but we are trying to improve that implementation even more by using other algos with better mining performance for GPU users. Will keep you all posted.

Does this mean there will be more than 5 algos or will one of the new algos replace one of the 5?
We will keep with the 5 algo approach but we may switch out some one the algos for new ones. We are testing that as we speak.

Please tell me that Skein might be one of the possibilities, or SHA-256, or Scrypt, but not groestl. Tell us that groestl is untouchable, Please.  Wink

Out of curiosity, do you have an formal, or informal, ranking?

Any sneak peek?

SHA-256 or Scrypt would not be removed.....at least it would be a terrible idea to do so.

+1 Agreed as I'm waiting to throw 104GH/s of SHA and 20 MH/s of SCRYPT on line as soon as it goes live...
Activity: 274
Merit: 101

Have you seen this? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anngroestlmyriadgroestl-pool-closed-652849 I'm getting a clear double the hashrate for only 28% more electricity cost on my 7950's.

I saw that special miner awhile ago but I haven't looked at exactly what it does.  I use 14.6 drivers on my 280x rigs so I wasn't too excited about going back to 13.12 just for the one coin when I was mining x11 so much due to heat profitability of X11.  Why does that miner only work for certain pools, I never got that, is it because Groestl uses a different stratum?  I remember Danbi working on it quite a bit when Diamond switched algos.  So the big question is, with all the speed improvements that this special miner has, will it work with the digibyte pool?

I haven't looked at the aidbit wallet yet other than read the description of what it does, hopefully ill have time this weekend to download the wallet and play with it.  Sounds like it has a lot of features I was thinking of.

You've got the switches for all three of the groestl flavors: groestlcoin, myriadcoin-groestl, and diamond (but I don't see the diamond files in the github zip . . . the first two are the most interesting anyway). I highly recommend it. Just be prepared to rollback just in case - but I'd take a look at how things go with the 14.6 drivers first anyway. It's a standalone, alongside install . . .

Hey, that wallet is cutting edge. Check it out. It really is a one click install and one click miner. I had a free moment this afternoon to take a quick look, and all I can say is: Impressive.

Wow, the aidbit wallet was one of the simplest ways to get mining ever.

Download, install, I started mining while the wallet was still syncing. Not one issue.

We need something like this for sure!
Activity: 275
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

I saw that special miner awhile ago but I haven't looked at exactly what it does.  I use 14.6 drivers on my 280x rigs so I wasn't too excited about going back to 13.12 just for the one coin when I was mining x11 so much due to heat profitability of X11.  Why does that miner only work for certain pools, I never got that, is it because Groestl uses a different stratum?  I remember Danbi working on it quite a bit when Diamond switched algos.  So the big question is, with all the speed improvements that this special miner has, will it work with the digibyte pool?

I haven't looked at the aidbit wallet yet other than read the description of what it does, hopefully ill have time this weekend to download the wallet and play with it.  Sounds like it has a lot of features I was thinking of.

legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

We have the myriad 5 algo implementation working as expected but we are trying to improve that implementation even more by using other algos with better mining performance for GPU users. Will keep you all posted.

Does this mean there will be more than 5 algos or will one of the new algos replace one of the 5?
We will keep with the 5 algo approach but we may switch out some one the algos for new ones. We are testing that as we speak.

Please tell me that Skein might be one of the possibilities, or SHA-256, or Scrypt, but not groestl. Tell us that groestl is untouchable, Please.  Wink

Any sneak peek?

+1 for keeping Groestl!!!! I know its a pain in the butt but my GPU's love its efficiency!

Same for me
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Please tell me that Skein might be one of the possibilities, or SHA-256, or Scrypt, but not groestl. Tell us that groestl is untouchable, Please.  Wink

Any sneak peek?

+1 for keeping Groestl!!!! I know its a pain in the butt but my GPU's love its efficiency!

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Any sneak peek?

SHA-256 or Scrypt would not be removed.....at least it would be a terrible idea to do so.

That depends on who you talk to. Wink

Any sneak peek?

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
wallet is up to date.
I didn't send them anywhere. I just mined them.

I mined these myself at launch, and then archived the wallet after that.
I then periodically sync, but this particular case, the sync was not done for a while.
Once I updated the client, my coins vanished.

Have you tried re-indexing the wallet? Or opening with the -rescan option?

You might even try deleting the blockchain folder and letting it re-download. Sometimes your local blockchain database can get corrupted.

http://altexplorer.net/address/DCjdizkQsj7mkcgvTA2WYKEkAm1huUs393

This shows there was 1 transaction in and 1 transaction out. Was that the address you sent the coins to originally?

cad_cdn, Had you ever had any other coins in your wallet, ever sent or recieved coins, or were those mined coins the only coins you ever had in your wallet?

Jump to: