Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1336. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Ryven,
 What is the security of the platform providing the "note"? What if they go down under? Are the DGB lost?

YC

Ryven,
 Another great idea and appreciate your initiative. I was looking into the creation of something similar to the BlackCard for DGB also. Is this something similar?

If not, how do we get a DGB debit card? I am open to contacting Xapo.

YC

It's not a debit card. It's more like a promissory note. Prypto holds the DGB (the 1,000,000-ish required you see there at the bottom) and issues cards with two codes printed on them. One code is open-air and and can be used to verify the card has not yet been redeemed. The other code requires scratching and is necessary to redeem the card. You go to CryptoScratchCards.com, enter the two codes and your wallet address and the coins are deposited in your wallet. I think you'd have to go to Xapo for a proper debit card.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Well digi-shield did work, but I think the problem with it, its it used prior blocks to calculate the current diff , as we would be left hanging on any coin using digi-shield for hrs n hrs with no found blocks. From my understanding that retagret formula is being changed too.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Ryven,
 Another great idea and appreciate your initiative. I was looking into the creation of something similar to the BlackCard for DGB also. Is this something similar?

YC

It's not a debit card. It's more like a promissory note. Prypto holds the DGB (the 1,000,000-ish required you see there at the bottom) and issues cards with two codes printed on them. One code is open-air and and can be used to verify the card has not yet been redeemed. The other code requires scratching and is necessary to redeem the card. You go to CryptoScratchCards.com, enter the two codes and your wallet address and the coins are deposited in your wallet. I think you'd have to go to Xapo for a proper debit card.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Ryven,

YC

A community project I think we should consider to help the devs out with their marketing work - Prypto cards. If you're not familiar with Prypto, they manufacture scratchcards pre-loaded with a specific denomination of digital currency. It's effectively a gift card or an iTunes card but with crypto. I've been working (in my spare time) to get dogecoin cards put in comics and games shops around my area in the Southeast US - first because I have an in with the RPG industry and second because of the doge age demographic.  It may be time to get DigitByte on the bandwagon too. (And in case you didn't hear, MyriadCoin is manufacturing Prypto, is working on merging the Prypto redemption API into their electrum wallet now and is giving away 1000 cards somewhere in the near future.)

The cost of the first set of DGB cards is shown here. It's not cheap, but that's largely because the first set must be at least 1000 cards and there are fees for setup, design, wallet storage, etc. Subsequent packs would be much cheaper. A pack of fifty 1000Ð cards is about $28-30 right now, shipping included.

Now my wife is working part-time and we have a 7-month old kid so there's no way in blazes I can pay for this myself, but I'm willing to contribute and facilitate the purchase once we have the funds raised (a little under 2 BTC). The idea would be to have Jared set up a wallet somewhere (maybe one DGB and one BTC?) that we can all contribute to. Once the funds are collected, I will give Jared (and post publicly for accountability) the Prypto payment address. We can have the cards sent to him to use for whatever purposes the team might find them useful. Thoughts?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
A community project I think we should consider to help the devs out with their marketing work - Prypto cards. If you're not familiar with Prypto, they manufacture scratchcards pre-loaded with a specific denomination of digital currency. It's effectively a gift card or an iTunes card but with crypto. I've been working (in my spare time) to get dogecoin cards put in comics and games shops around my area in the Southeast US - first because I have an in with the RPG industry and second because of the doge age demographic.  It may be time to get DigitByte on the bandwagon too. (And in case you didn't hear, MyriadCoin is manufacturing Prypto, is working on merging the Prypto redemption API into their electrum wallet now and is giving away 1000 cards somewhere in the near future.)

The cost of the first set of DGB cards is shown here. It's not cheap, but that's largely because the first set must be at least 1000 cards and there are fees for setup, design, wallet storage, etc. Subsequent packs would be much cheaper. A pack of fifty 1000Ð cards is about $28-30 right now, shipping included.

Now my wife is working part-time and we have a 7-month old kid so there's no way in blazes I can pay for this myself, but I'm willing to contribute and facilitate the purchase once we have the funds raised (a little under 2 BTC). The idea would be to have Jared set up a wallet somewhere (maybe one DGB and one BTC?) that we can all contribute to. Once the funds are collected, I will give Jared (and post publicly for accountability) the Prypto payment address. We can have the cards sent to him to use for whatever purposes the team might find them useful. Thoughts?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
If you want a look at the future of stable Alt Coins, read this:

https://www.rapidcx.com/blog/pantera-bitcoin-fund-sec-filing-reveals-96-million-investment

It's time to clean up and be professional...   Smiley

(posted in several forums)
Very interesting. These are the type of people we have sought to link up with since day one.  Thanks for posting!

I thought that might interest you. I see this as a perfect match for DigiByte. What better way to build value?

Onward and upward...

Much agreed. We actually have some very exciting stuff coming up on the investment front. Stay tuned.

As for multi-algo we are still working out coding bugs. No one has ever forked to multi-algo mining before. A few devs have told us it is not even possible. We disagree as we are most of the way there.

We are working very hard on multiple front right now. The next 6 months are going to be awesome for DigiByte! We are for excited!

DigiByte to the moon! Smiley

While I personally see a number of potential issues with multi-algo coins long-term (not even considering the hurdle of transitioning to it via fork) I'm all for anything innovative and admire the brainstorming and dedication. We're in the middle of an altcoin wasteland of clones, premines, pump-and-dumps, deceptive/vanishing devs, IPO scams, PoS scams, and more... I just enjoy seeing a dev team that actually cares about improving their coin and stands by their work and their community. I certainly hope DigiByte can pull this off - if you're looking for any input from me, drop me a PM and I'll let you know my thought process for Murraycoin before I opted to settle on solely Scrypt-2048. Keep up the good work - DigiByte is absolutely undervalued for almost every possible reason.
Thank you for the support and info! Any input about some potential long term issues you see with multi-algo mining would be much appriciated. We want to avoid all the problems and issues we can ahead of time.

I've been reading up (well, catching up I suppose) on the multi-algo approach and the problem it is aiming to solve and wanted to see if I understood the problem itself properly and then to try and understand how the multi-algo approach would solve it.
If I got it right, the main problem is that multi-pools come in for short periods of time, bring a huge spike of hashpower into the network, then leave after they have driven the diff drastically up to where it is no longer that profitable for them to mine.
The aftermath, once they leave, is twofold - a high diff left for much less hashpower to solve (DigiShield helps mitigate that to a nice extent) and of course the coins the multi-pool dumps into the market upon leaving, driving the price down.
Another problem added here (and to each his own on its priority opposite the problems stated above) would be the security of the network in terms of 51% when gigantic pools (multi or otherwise) come in to have their cake, eat it too and then have it again (with the potential of double spend and such).

Does this describe the main, if not the entire scope of the problem?

Assuming it does, I am trying to understand how the multi-algo will essentially solve it or at least mitigate in a substantial way.
While I think I understand the reasoning given for it, I am struggling with the fact(?) that multi-pools these days are becoming multi-algo as well where essentially they allow miners to decide which algo to use and divert each algo to the most profitable coin within that algo's space.
Essentially what I see could happen here, is that such a multipool would now be able to direct ALL its algos into the DGB network (let's assume they work with the 5 chosen for DGB), so essentially under their control (as a pool) would be not just one algo but possibly 5 algos, assuming they can get enough hash power. Even if that possibility is remote and they cannot gain an overall 51% (which I think is indeed much less likely), they could still bring a total hashpower overall that would allow them to spike up the individual diffs and most of all, gain a chunk of the coins being mined and dump them into the market as they do now, driving prices down and then leaving for another coin while the diffs have spiked up for everyone else to deal with it, until the next cycle (each on their respective algo/diff within DGB).

I would appreciate some thoughts on my analysis of things. (From anyone, of course, but definitely from the DGB devs)
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

https://www.rapidcx.com/blog/pantera-bitcoin-fund-sec-filing-reveals-96-million-investment

Very interesting. These are the type of people we have sought to link up with since day one.  Thanks for posting!

I thought that might interest you. I see this as a perfect match for DigiByte. What better way to build value?

Onward and upward...

Much agreed. We actually have some very exciting stuff coming up on the investment front. Stay tuned.

As for multi-algo we are still working out coding bugs. No one has ever forked to multi-algo mining before. A few devs have told us it is not even possible. We disagree as we are most of the way there.

We are working very hard on multiple front right now. The next 6 months are going to be awesome for DigiByte! We are for excited!

While I personally see a number of potential issues with multi-algo coins long-term (not even considering the hurdle of transitioning to it via fork) I'm all for anything innovative and admire the brainstorming and dedication. We're in the middle of an altcoin wasteland of clones, premines, pump-and-dumps, deceptive/vanishing devs, IPO scams, PoS scams, and more... I just enjoy seeing a dev team that actually cares about improving their coin and stands by their work and their community. I certainly hope DigiByte can pull this off - if you're looking for any input from me, drop me a PM and I'll let you know my thought process for Murraycoin before I opted to settle on solely Scrypt-2048. Keep up the good work - DigiByte is absolutely undervalued for almost every possible reason.
Thank you for the support and info! Any input about some potential long term issues you see with multi-algo mining would be much appriciated. We want to avoid all the problems and issues we can ahead of time.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

Onward and upward...

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Go digibyte go!
I've been here from the start and wish u guys good luck with the progres of the coin. Cheesy
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

I've been a fan of DigiByte and the team right from the beginning. A good mix of professionalism and fresh enthusiasm of being involved in the beginning of this crypto movement.

To the moon indeed!  Grin
legendary

Onward and upward...

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
vote for digibyte

https://hitbtc.com/vote
if you registered you vote is 10x

It looks a very good exchange;)
RJF
Activity: 616
Online since '89...

Onward and upward...
Activity: 392
jared,

let me know if I can do anything for digibyte.
legendary

YC,

Very interesting. This would explain some of the issues Doge saw before April. That is a lot of mining power.
legendary

RJF
Online since '89...

RJF
Online since '89...
Jared,

Do you have a time line or expected public release date for the modified DigiByte? I'm planning out hashing power for the next couple weeks and it would help if knew where DigiByte stands, thanks!
Activity: 421

http://www.thinkinginpool.com/getting_started

New Pool for Digibyte.

Altcoins comm need a breaking algo, replace shit x11-x13-xN algo. Wish digibyte dev create new GPU-Only algo for altcoins.
Jump to: