Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1442. (Read 3058809 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hi there, i am really poor I have about 60kH/s so please if you are rich and wanna make me smyle just send some digis to my wallet DMZfGTAwfT2jUHcZhfEMeXFjRcrir7eXQ4 ..It will make me really happy. Thank you
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
This week we will primarily be focusing on gearing up for the Crypto Convention in New York on April 9th. We will be updating the website, making more marketing materials and preparing for a huge boost following the event.

http://cryptocurrencyconvention.com/

This sounds great! It's a good opportunity to get the name out their even more.
How about you hand out preloaded paper wallets at the event? Maybe with 300-500 DGB loaded on them?
It would be a great use of xploited's wallet generator!
We have already printed a few out! We are just trying to figure out the easiest way to explain to people how to import them into a pc wallet. Anyone have some suggestions or know of a very easy way to do that?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
for people who like get free bit coins go to:http://qoinpro.com/2059eca7e9a5a0d2ccdaa754b38b08bd

only register and you get every day free bit coins/altcoins (every day)

than can you buy more digibytes

register now!

You do know that breaks their spam policy, right? Tongue

no, I don't know that...
Activity: 285
This week we will primarily be focusing on gearing up for the Crypto Convention in New York on April 9th. We will be updating the website, making more marketing materials and preparing for a huge boost following the event.

This sounds great! It's a good opportunity to get the name out their even more.
How about you hand out preloaded paper wallets at the event? Maybe with 300-500 DGB loaded on them?
It would be a great use of xploited's wallet generator!

Also, maybe ask them to change Jared's face (I'm assuming that you run the DGB account on bitcointalk anyways, but I'm not totally sure) from the DGB logo, to well... His face Tongue
It's a small detail, but it bugs me and maybe a few other people who look at the site.
for people who like get free bit coins go to:http://qoinpro.com/2059eca7e9a5a0d2ccdaa754b38b08bd

register now!

You do know that breaks their spam policy, right? Tongue
legendary

register now!
legendary
The very first Wall Street crypto exchange has been announced. This is very good news for DigiByte. We will do everything we can to get DigiByte listed as one of the first cryptos traded on this exchange as we feel institutional investors will be much more likely to take DigiByte seriously over most of the other alt coins.

http://www.voanews.com/content/new-trading-platform-for-bitcoin-other-digital-currencies/1870149.html

Executives at Perseus Telecom, which provides secure ultra-high-speed telecommunications and business connectivity services, and Atlas ATS, a digital currency marketplace, said that if their new platform succeeds, online currency will quickly become a valuable new way for the world’s largest investors to trade and store assets.

There are 180 digital currencies already in existence, Sloves said, with about six major ones. Bitcoin is the largest, but he said the new platform will trade others as well. He called it a “disruptive” innovation, with the same potential to remake business as did the Internet in the 1990s, by offering real-time transfers of assets both for investors and e-commerce companies - who will pay much smaller fees than those charged by current online pay services like Paypal.

Atlas Exchange: https://atlasats.com/

register now!
legendary
Our goal is to reach over 1,000 followers on the following social media sites by next week! Share DigiByte with everyone you know and lets keep DigiByte growing!

I believe I said this earlier in the thread, but shouldn't the thread title be changed to reflect our appearance on cryptsy? Some people only look at our thread title and may not know that we've made it on the website.

Also, I agree! Let's 1000 followers on everything Smiley
Great idea! Title changed!
Our goal is to reach over 1,000 followers on the following social media sites by next week! Share DigiByte with everyone you know and lets keep DigiByte growing!

I believe I said this earlier in the thread, but shouldn't the thread title be changed to reflect our appearance on cryptsy? Some people only look at our thread title and may not know that we've made it on the website.

Also, I agree! Let's 1000 followers on everything Smiley
legendary

legendary
I did it ! Just export your dogecoin privkey and import it on the dgb wallet. Works fine !
That really works? O.o
Wow... I wonder how those .dat files work anyways

Interestingly enough because of how private keys are generated and how addresses are validated in the clients in any coins based on bitcoin if the address prefix is the same, 'D' in our case, both addresses and private keys will be valid on both coins blockchain. Thats not to say your coins come with you from one blockchain to the other, just that the private key generated for an address on one blockchain will also be valid on the other if the address prefix match.

Now, you may ask yourself (as I did when I first discovered this), well, isn't this a security concern. Can't somebody on doge coin generate a private key that could access your address? This however is incredible improbable (or unfeasible depending on which term you like better) and no more likely then someone on the DigiByte blockchain generating an address that is already in use on the DigiByte blockchain. I could get into the absurdity of the numbers but needless to say the amount of possible addresses is beyond large. Imagine the number of atoms in all the matter on earth... and that would only be a small portion of the possible address space.

People in the past have occasionaly sent their DigiBytes to a Doge address on an exchange. Because the private key to the address they were sending already existed on the Doge blockchain and was owned by the exchange, the exchange was able to import the private key from one blockchain to another and redeem the otherwise lost coins.

This of course is totally up to the desecration of the exchange.

We've looked into possible solutions but have only come up with bandaids that aren't worth implementing and don't actually fix the underlying cause.

My only suggestion currently, as poor as a suggestion as it might be, is to remain diligent about verifying you are sending to a DigiByte address. Almost every instance of this has been related to DigiBytes being sent to an exchange. Double check your on the DigiByte deposit page when you generated a deposit address and that your not mixing up Doge and DGB or anyother coin that might start with D  

It also doesn't hurt to send a very small amount and verify it was deposited to your account correctly before you send a larger amount.  Its much better to risk losing 1 DigiByte to the void then 50k.  
Awesome explanation!
I did it ! Just export your dogecoin privkey and import it on the dgb wallet. Works fine !
That really works? O.o

Interestingly enough because of how private keys are generated and how addresses are validated in the clients in any coins based on bitcoin if the address prefix is the same, 'D' in our case, both addresses and private keys will be valid on both coins blockchain. Thats not to say your coins come with you from one blockchain to the other, just that the private key generated for an address on one blockchain will also be valid on the other if the address prefix match.

Now, you may ask yourself (as I did when I first discovered this), well, isn't this a security concern. Can't somebody on doge coin generate a private key that could access your address? This however is incredible improbable (or unfeasible depending on which term you like better) and no more likely then someone on the DigiByte blockchain generating an address that is already in use on the DigiByte blockchain. I could get into the absurdity of the numbers but needless to say the amount of possible addresses is beyond large. Imagine the number of atoms in all the matter on earth... and that would only be a small portion of the possible address space.

People in the past have occasionaly sent their DigiBytes to a Doge address on an exchange. Because the private key to the address they were sending already existed on the Doge blockchain and was owned by the exchange, the exchange was able to import the private key from one blockchain to another and redeem the otherwise lost coins.

We've looked into possible solutions but have only come up with bandaids that aren't worth implementing and don't actually fix the underlying cause.

My only suggestion currently, as poor as a suggestion as it might be, is to remain diligent about verifying you are sending to a DigiByte address. Almost every instance of this has been related to DigiBytes being sent to an exchange. Double check your on the DigiByte deposit page when you generated a deposit address and that your not mixing up Doge and DGB or anyother coin that might start with D  

It also doesn't hurt to send a very small amount and verify it was deposited to your account correctly before you send a larger amount.  Its much better to risk losing 1 DigiByte to the void then 50k.  

Interesting response. Thanks xploited!
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
Whats up DigiCommunity!!! Smiley

How's going? Any great news for DGB?
Price is going up again. From 0.00000050 to 0.00000084 within 1 day.
Digishield maybe becomes the new KWG.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Whats up DigiCommunity!!! Smiley

How's going? Any great news for DGB?
Activity: 304
Merit: 252
CLAM Dev
That really works? O.o

That really works? O.o
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Jump to: