Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1485. (Read 3058806 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Thoughts about crypto currencies (sorry english is not my native language)

I need a parallel with "real" money:
Real money was generated by countries/govt so people can have items to exchange for goods (food, house) or services.
People use the money as a way to stock value in order to spend it later, so the main concern is stability.
The countries were stocking amounts of gold in deposits to garantee the value of their money.(humans has always considered gold as somthing valuable...)
Today, the moneys we use ($ €)  are not directly related to real gold in safe deposits, and their stability is indexed to the economic stability of the country or group of countries that emit and use it.

Now bitcoin:
Initially value of this money is not indexed on anything real, this is just a "proof of work" that at least shows it is not so easy to generate money.
The main purpose was to bypass all the banks system and fasten exchanges.

Now bitcoins has a bit of value index as you can exchange it for dollars, or eventually spend it for goods or services(not so much when you compare it to $ or €).

As we've seen in the past, bitcoin has been used mainly as a spectulative value, people don't buy it to trade for goods or services, they buy it to sell it at a higher price and make benefit.

Now alt currencies:
Alts are not indexed directly to anything real, but you can trade it for bitcoins, then for dollars, then for goods (sorry i don't consider i coulf use BTC to buy everyday life stuffs).
They are highly speculative and every person who buys it is not even thinking "what could i buy with those [####]coins" , but "how much will it raise so i can make a great benefit by selling it".

So what  ?

I believe there are 2 options:

1/ (BAD)The money stays at the level of highly speculative value, and you can't exchange it for goods, then ( sorry some don't like to hear that, but,) it is exaclty the ponzi scheme, which means the last person who will buy it will just loose money in exchange for nothing, and those who will make money are those who will just sell before no one wants it anymore.

2/(GOOD)The money trades for goods and services and people start to want the money, because they will use it for something useful in their real life (buying food, payings bills)

I read here and there that DGB needs to be more social, so that many people are interested in it and buy it :
what is the purpose of it ?  maintain the bad ponzi scheme , new comers will pay for us, period

IMHO, the only real deal would be that people can start using DGB for something else than speculation ( i think of those guys who rent hotel rooms and accept DGB).
Ideally the best would be some stuffs you could "only" by with DGB, so DGB gives ou access to exclusive things.

So what do we need ?
We need to be sure that "technologically" the money is robust (exchanges fast and secure), stable (be sure that their will be enough hash power to handle the transactions and generate new coins|purpose of digishield), and ergonomic ( give poeple tools to use it).
IT IS !

and ?

And we need a purpose, people won't buy DGB just because it is cool, they will buy it because they will use it for goods or services.

When i watch Doge for example, I see a purpose, it is designed to become a way of tipping people in forums/chats/everything.
It becomes a money that ppl will use to thank other ppl for their help, it gives value to the money because it is traded for something real.
I can imagine people buying DOGE as credits to be able to ask for help in forums, donate to charity..etc

very true and interesting...

i think we can start try to introduce DGB as money in all those MMORPG ( like world of warcraft )

what u think devs??

+ 1
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

Real money was generated by countries/govt so people can have items to exchange for goods (food, house) or services.
People use the money as a way to stock value in order to spend it later, so the main concern is stability.
The countries were stocking amounts of gold in deposits to garantee the value of their money.(humans has always considered gold as somthing valuable...)
Today, the moneys we use ($ €)  are not directly related to real gold in safe deposits, and their stability is indexed to the economic stability of the country or group of countries that emit and use it.

Now bitcoin:
Initially value of this money is not indexed on anything real, this is just a "proof of work" that at least shows it is not so easy to generate money.

Now bitcoins has a bit of value index as you can exchange it for dollars, or eventually spend it for goods or services(not so much when you compare it to $ or €).

As we've seen in the past, bitcoin has been used mainly as a spectulative value, people don't buy it to trade for goods or services, they buy it to sell it at a higher price and make benefit.

Now alt currencies:
Alts are not indexed directly to anything real, but you can trade it for bitcoins, then for dollars, then for goods (sorry i don't consider i coulf use BTC to buy everyday life stuffs).
They are highly speculative and every person who buys it is not even thinking "what could i buy with those [####]coins" , but "how much will it raise so i can make a great benefit by selling it".

So what  ?

1/ (BAD)The money stays at the level of highly speculative value, and you can't exchange it for goods, then ( sorry some don't like to hear that, but,) it is exaclty the ponzi scheme, which means the last person who will buy it will just loose money in exchange for nothing, and those who will make money are those who will just sell before no one wants it anymore.

2/(GOOD)The money trades for goods and services and people start to want the money, because they will use it for something useful in their real life (buying food, payings bills)

I read here and there that DGB needs to be more social, so that many people are interested in it and buy it :
what is the purpose of it ?  maintain the bad ponzi scheme , new comers will pay for us, period

IMHO, the only real deal would be that people can start using DGB for something else than speculation ( i think of those guys who rent hotel rooms and accept DGB).
Ideally the best would be some stuffs you could "only" by with DGB, so DGB gives ou access to exclusive things.

So what do we need ?
We need to be sure that "technologically" the money is robust (exchanges fast and secure), stable (be sure that their will be enough hash power to handle the transactions and generate new coins|purpose of digishield), and ergonomic ( give poeple tools to use it).
IT IS !

and ?

And we need a purpose, people won't buy DGB just because it is cool, they will buy it because they will use it for goods or services.

When i watch Doge for example, I see a purpose, it is designed to become a way of tipping people in forums/chats/everything.
It becomes a money that ppl will use to thank other ppl for their help, it gives value to the money because it is traded for something real.
I can imagine people buying DOGE as credits to be able to ask for help in forums, donate to charity..etc

very true and interesting...

i think we can start try to introduce DGB as money in all those MMORPG ( like world of warcraft )

what u think devs??
Activity: 56

Now bitcoin:

Now alt currencies:

So what  ?

So what do we need ?
IT IS !

and ?

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I am starting to wonder. I am using a p2p pool I only got 2000 digiByte coins for mining 24 hours. I have 642 mining khash. Should I get more digibytes than this?

You should be between 5000-10000 DigiByte per day.

Thanks, thats what I though also. Moved to digi.morecoins.org

Wellcome. Tell me your username, and I'll set 0% fee in this week.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
I am starting to wonder. I am using a p2p pool I only got 2000 digiByte coins for mining 24 hours. I have 642 mining khash. Should I get more digibytes than this?

it seems not bad at all.... Smiley we just need price to go up !

Kind regards!
Activity: 140

Thanks, thats what I though also. Moved to digi.morecoins.org
Activity: 335
Merit: 250

Activity: 140
Activity: 238
I made two digibyte gif-files. Feel free to use them on forums to promote this coin.

Maybe it's because it's early morning here, both of them makes me psychologically uneasy.
Activity: 275
   Embarrassed Embarrassed   
   any guys know why multipool like DGB so much ~~~
   the price now is so low ~~~
Activity: 43
I made two digibyte gif-files. Feel free to use them on forums to promote this coin.

https://i.imgur.com/OgEa1Iy.gif

https://i.imgur.com/6rIWicY.gif
Activity: 350
We need direct communication with cryptsy to see what they want from us. Smartcoin was added recently after the owner made two calls to cryptsy. I think there were some bribes given.
what if we as a community make a pot for a "donation" to be added on crypsty??
regarding cryptsy some of us thought we didnt get added cuz of the pre-mine..obviously its not that cuz auroracoin has 50% premine!! i really wonder why we are not there Huh or even get any type of answer from them Sad
Activity: 294

how do we apply this?
changing subsidy func to "lambda height: import('digibyte_subsidy').GetBlockBaseValue(height)"
and adding  digibyte_GetBlockBaseValue.cpp in p2pool/p2pool Huh?

Don't think we need to change anything, got 0.02% of orphaned with the current setup.

How did you get  0.02% ?

Please explain.

How ?
I'm talking about my orphaned shares, not DOA. Out of 2400 shares, 50 are orphaned on my side.

I have checked your pool recent blocks

https://github.com/chaeplin/SUBSIDY_FUNC/blob/master/digibyte-subsidy-python/recent_blocks.md

So many orphaned blocks. 0.02% ?

Just one sample.
http://p2-pool.eu:9022/static/share.html#58d8657a9020fe5d3a56afb9b1f28cc4e4df9174a3c68ec1f62e85302bc9fc4a

Value: 8000 DGB

he's got a total of 460 Dead shares!? :O

cant imagine the orphans
This info appears to be coming from the old chain. Did you update to DigiShield?

I do not run DigiShield or DGB p2pool.

This info appears to be coming from the old chain. Did you update to DigiShield?

Ah, old chain. Got it.
Then p2pool's subsidy is not so serious thing.

I didn't chcek block number.

Activity: 210
Digibyte P2Pool Hosted in Hamilton, Ontario
www.omargpools.ca:9022/static/
www.omargpools.co:9022/static/
Just providing another option for Canadian miners looking for closer P2Pools!
Feel free to message me for advice on tuning cards for P2Pool or in general. I'm currently running 25Mhash so I've seen it all.
Activity: 275
like mint has mintpal , dgb need it's own  trading platform , what do you think , guys .....
Activity: 434
Could use help from whoever plunked down 10 btc on Mintpal earlier today Smiley
Activity: 27
Best coin for trading on mintpal, for sure.
Jump to: