Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1534. (Read 3058803 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
I have been popping in and out of this thread.  The community support is tremendous, and the developer is very active.  Those are both essential to the success of any coin.

Can anyone explain why there has been such a precipitous drop in the price the past two weeks, and what is going to provide some relief and increases prices again?

The issues with Mt.Gox have led to a decline in Bitcoin Prices which has affected us. Also, multipools have been jumping on and off every 2-3 hours and messing with the difficulty and then dumping their coins.

We are releasing an update on Friday that will change the difficulty re-target to every 1 minute. We will also change the reward structure so there is a 0.5% reward reduction every week. Both of these changes will have a positive long term effect on price.

Thanks for the quick response!  Someone needs to tell people to stop selling so cheap on Coinmarket.  The volume is really low, but its damaging the brand to have it sell at such a discounted price imo.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
I have been popping in and out of this thread.  The community support is tremendous, and the developer is very active.  Those are both essential to the success of any coin.

Can anyone explain why there has been such a precipitous drop in the price the past two weeks, and what is going to provide some relief and increases prices again?

The issues with Mt.Gox have led to a decline in Bitcoin Prices which has affected us. Also, multipools have been jumping on and off every 2-3 hours and messing with the difficulty and then dumping their coins.

We are releasing an update on Friday that will change the difficulty re-target to every 1 minute. We will also change the reward structure so there is a 0.5% reward reduction every week. Both of these changes will have a positive long term effect on price.
Activity: 434

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000
I'm halting all of my trades and pulling all of my funds from Crypsty until Digibyte is added. I encourage everyone else to do the same. With enough users - we will make an impact and prove that Digibyte is worth adding. I better trade elsewhere as I am all in on Digibyte now.

I wonder how 42 coin got added to cryptsy within 24 hours of being launched???

Well, did it help 42coin much?
legendary
Less time you give all a chance the update, the greater chance for a fork.  I'd say don't rush it and set the block retarget about a week away.
This is a very good point. Thank you for your input!
legendary
Activity: 999
Less time you give all a chance the update, the greater chance for a fork.  I'd say don't rush it and set the block retarget about a week away.
legendary
Given the current difficulty swings do to multi-pools how long to you as pool owners feel we should wait after releasing the update on Friday for the difficulty readjustment?

Would 24 hours be enough time to allow for everyone in different time zones to update? Or should we wait 48-72 hours?

We want to put an end to this problem as soon as possible but without causing other issues. What are your thoughts?
legendary
Hi, has anyone offered to fix the (no offense) horribly photoshopped picture of the Digiman with the screen on the homepage of digibytes.co?  
I could do it if a Dev could send me an HD picture of the Digiman and the Screen, because I tried photoshopping it in its current state and it's almost impossible to get better results. I can remove all the white lining, but then it leaves all the endings extremely jagged.
No offense taken, it was on our to do list, we just needed to push the update through. We are also waiting to get the new DigiMan in some new poses from Bman3.

How does it look now? http://www.digibyte.co/
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Low latency P2Pool http://p2p.mining-man.com:9022/static/

500 DGB bonus to every miner that joins, just PM me with your DGB address. Earn more DGB on average when mining on a P2Pool.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi, has anyone offered to fix the (no offense) horribly photoshopped picture of the Digiman with the screen on the homepage of digibytes.co?  
I could do it if a Dev could send me an HD picture of the Digiman and the Screen, because I tried photoshopping it in its current state and it's almost impossible to get better results. I can remove all the white lining, but then it leaves all the endings extremely jagged.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
Anyone know what happened to the smalltimeminer pool? It went away over 36 hours ago, can't access it, can't get my coins, damn these pools. These damn coins almost cost more to mine than they are worth and then these damn pools scam out with the coins.

Only http://flo.smalltimeminer.com/ seems to work

Also you can open www.smalltimeminer.com, but I don't know what a reason to do that )))

I just cashed out from www.smalltimeminer.com fine but the pool seems to have stopped. Not sure if it's still broken or everyone just changed pools.

Edit: scarily this transaction took a long time to propagate but coming through now. from initial transaction (0 confirms) to first confirmation over 10 minutes for some reason. definitely coming thru but I guess there must be a serious issue on their site still.
Activity: 924
One of the issues I am noticing in the crypto world is the lag time and caps for withdrawals/deposits for fiat. Coinbase seems to be a reputable shop. We may want to try to get DGB on CoinMKT.com. Not sure if anyone has used them for other cryptos.

YC
It's favorable because consumers are more comfortable with Ebay / Paypal than going through an exchange. In some cases, the convenience causes a markup of 100-200% on the existing price of the coin on an exchange.

YC

Might be great to have DGB get on board with Paypal:

http://www.coindesk.com/ebay-wallet-stores-multiple-currency/

YC
This is a very good idea, we will be making a pitch to companies like PayPal after we become a bit more established here in the next month or two. We have some development left to do before then. But it will happen in due time.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Devs, please ask Comkort to add DigiByte?! This Exchange launching tomorrow (20 Feb). Looking very cute...
legendary
Might be great to have DGB get on board with Paypal:

http://www.coindesk.com/ebay-wallet-stores-multiple-currency/

YC
This is a very good idea, we will be making a pitch to companies like PayPal after we become a bit more established here in the next month or two. We have some development left to do before then. But it will happen in due time.
Activity: 154
Anyone know what happened to the smalltimeminer pool? It went away over 36 hours ago, can't access it, can't get my coins, damn these pools. These damn coins almost cost more to mine than they are worth and then these damn pools scam out with the coins.

P2Pools are better in that regard. Especially, if you have a hashrate above 100kh/s... you get better rewards and You MINE straight to your wallet.

If want to know more, just google p2pools.. theres so much info out there.

Giving P2P a go again, last time i got 2.5k in 24 hours Sad and at a normal pool i get 10k+ in 24 hours
Activity: 84

Only http://flo.smalltimeminer.com/ seems to work

Also you can open www.smalltimeminer.com, but I don't know what a reason to do that )))
Activity: 70

P2Pools are better in that regard. Especially, if you have a hashrate above 100kh/s... you get better rewards and You MINE straight to your wallet.

If want to know more, just google p2pools.. theres so much info out there.
Thanks for the update. Can you tell me what you mean by "fork?" It seems to have a negative connotation to it.

YC

Here is an update on the Friday code update:

After a late night last night we have been able to get the block reduction and difficulty re-adjustment code working on testnet. We are now working on transaction message support.

Our goal is to allow everyone to start updating this Friday around 7pm UTC as mentioned before.

The first reward reduction will not take place until next Wednesday to give people and pools a chance to update. (Will kick in at a specific block sometime Wednesday).

As far as the difficulty re-adjustment we would like that to go into effect as soon as possible. We are working on making that kick in at a specific block as well. More than likely that will be a 24 hour or 48 hour window. This applies mostly to pool operators.

We will announce more by the end of the day as to the specifics of that timeline.

Our goal is to get all clients to "fork" at the same block with the new parameters.
Jump to: