Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1537. (Read 3058803 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Very appreciative that the team is more involved in IRC. Got a lot of great feedback and am happy to be part of the community!

YC

If anyone would like to see what the block reward structure will look like once we implement the 0.5% weekly reduction look here: http://digiaddress.org/reward/reward_new.pl

Also we are on IRC if anyone would like to ask questions about the update/development: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#digibytecoin
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I'm halting all of my trades and pulling all of my funds from Crypsty until Digibyte is added. I encourage everyone else to do the same. With enough users - we will make an impact and prove that Digibyte is worth adding. I better trade elsewhere as I am all in on Digibyte now.
Thank you for your support!
Why support Digi through this mean? It hurts no one but ourselves?
I think we need to give a donation to cryptsy as they would need DGB to start the bankroll? aka a bribe. Just like every other coin that get listed super quickly....
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
I'm halting all of my trades and pulling all of my funds from Crypsty until Digibyte is added. I encourage everyone else to do the same. With enough users - we will make an impact and prove that Digibyte is worth adding. I better trade elsewhere as I am all in on Digibyte now.
Thank you for your support!
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
legendary
If anyone would like to see what the block reward structure will look like once we implement the 0.5% weekly reduction look here: http://digiaddress.org/reward/reward_new.pl

Also we are on IRC if anyone would like to ask questions about the update/development: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#digibytecoin
legendary
Pool added to front of this thread, adding it to website as we speak! Thanks for your support!

Also just added the DGB Mining P2P pools.

If we have forgot anyone please let us now. Will be updating the site momentarily. Thanks again!
legendary
If you implement automatic wallet update can you promise to never turn evil? at least who whoever does the programming for the update? because I would hate to wake up one day and find out the latest implemented update had xxx problem because  [insert name] updated the wallet with a bug/worm which allowed him to do this or that

We will NOT be implementing an auto update feature for this very reason.
Don't get me wrong, it is a great implementation that will solve the wallet update problem for the average user who is not tech-savy. I think you can implement an update system which requires the user to input their password prior to update? Maybe the details for each update will pop-up prior to clicking next to actually go through with update? This can help to ensure users put a passcode on their wallet as well!

Also, for the new update, wouldn't it be easier to use a .exe file ? Im no tech expert but I seen some wallets only have the .exe file that configures everything for the user and ensure the .conf file is present in the roaming folder to avoid sync issues.

This is a very good idea. A password input might be the way to go. We will not be adding it on this update though.

We decided that since we are "hard" forking the DigiByte block chain we will only make a few changes to the existing client to take care of the Multi-Pool problem and block reward. We do not want to risk adding several untested features right away on top of a hardfork.

We would like more time to test features like auto update etc before releasing them. We can add most other features later on without requiring a hard fork.
If you implement automatic wallet update can you promise to never turn evil? at least who whoever does the programming for the update? because I would hate to wake up one day and find out the latest implemented update had xxx problem because  [insert name] updated the wallet with a bug/worm which allowed him to do this or that

We will NOT be implementing an auto update feature for this very reason.
Don't get me wrong, it is a great implementation that will solve the wallet update problem for the average user who is not tech-savy. I think you can implement an update system which requires the user to input their password prior to update? Maybe the details for each update will pop-up prior to clicking next to actually go through with update? This can help to ensure users put a passcode on their wallet as well!

Also, for the new update, wouldn't it be easier to use a .exe file ? Im no tech expert but I seen some wallets only have the .exe file that configures everything for the user and ensure the .conf file is present in the roaming folder to avoid sync issues.
legendary
Much sadness for the Huntercoin thread. Although I was not involved, or part of that coin it's sad regardless.

Obviously a very talented guy, with a unique vision, gone way too young Cry

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.3000
Very sorry to see this. Our condolences go out to his family, friends and loved ones!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Much sadness for the Huntercoin thread. Although I was not involved, or part of that coin it's sad regardless.

Obviously a very talented guy, with a unique vision, gone way too young Cry

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.3000
Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel
you need to announce a 1M bounty to be added to cryptsy. I wonder how long it would take then...

cryptsy will only make the price go lower than it is.

Actually not correct at all. The largest crypto investors use Cryptsy. This attitude that Cryptsy is bad
is dangerous to your coin. The more people read that being said in a thread over and over the less value
your coin will have.

If your goal is to make the price go up AND down over and over on it's way up LONG TERM --- instead of just down -- you actually have to be listed on a more liquid
exchange. BTER - Cryptsy... MCxnow... etc. Not easy to get on.

Coinmarket.io is pretty great for trading speed but now it's known for having coins that have only gone down for 10 days now.
And rapidcoin that they listed 1 day after the coin opened basically got me and many others scammed when the Dev ran on day 2. Their habit of listing
anything and everything and doing it a day after coin launch pegs them as risky. But they are pretty awesome
for trading speed ... I really like their site

Just trying to help.
But you can't exactly force or beg Crytpsy to list you. You have to get the momentum, hype, and volume to get listed.
Same with all the big exchanges.

In reality it's like the chicken and the egg. I think if the coin has the hype, sales, and is unique is some great way it will get listed.

That is what is comes down to.

Digi get all hype necessary to get listed but fall for not implementing anything new, we hope that the developers now have some time to do it and get back on wich realy matters to hype his coin... some factors are missing as i said, something intelligent or new not necessary propaganda.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
you need to announce a 1M bounty to be added to cryptsy. I wonder how long it would take then...

cryptsy will only make the price go lower than it is.

Actually not correct at all. The largest crypto investors use Cryptsy. This attitude that Cryptsy is bad
is dangerous to your coin. The more people read that being said in a thread over and over the less value
your coin will have.

If your goal is to make the price go up AND down over and over on it's way up LONG TERM --- instead of just down -- you actually have to be listed on a more liquid
exchange. BTER - Cryptsy... MCxnow... etc. Not easy to get on.

Coinmarket.io is pretty great for trading speed but now it's known for having coins that have only gone down for 10 days now.
And rapidcoin that they listed 1 day after the coin opened basically got me and many others scammed when the Dev ran on day 2. Their habit of listing
anything and everything and doing it a day after coin launch pegs them as risky. But they are pretty awesome
for trading speed ... I really like their site

Just trying to help.
But you can't exactly force or beg Crytpsy to list you. You have to get the momentum, hype, and volume to get listed.
Same with all the big exchanges.

In reality it's like the chicken and the egg. I think if the coin has the hype, sales, and is unique is some great way it will get listed.

That is what is comes down to.

jesus, all any of these coins do is go down, there is not a one of them that goes up. No matter what the current price is of any coin, be sure you are looking at the high, they will all only go down.
all the trust in BTC h fall down after Mt.gox annouced his shit to the world expect some good news before anything goes up my little bro...
Activity: 98
jesus, all any of these coins do is go down, there is not a one of them that goes up. No matter what the current price is of any coin, be sure you are looking at the high, they will all only go down.
When you look at your BIN file name does it what does it actually say? Does it include Darkcoin in the file name because i've had trouble specifiying the kernel to use, Of all the ones in the sgminer kernel folder it uses ckolivas, not the srypt130302.cl kernel i downloaded which is supposed to be optomised for my cards
can you paste your sgminer.conf? i need to copy it and edit for Digibyte, i will be posting a nice setup soon, even for your cards.
Activity: 107
When you look at your BIN file name does it what does it actually say? Does it include Darkcoin in the file name because i've had trouble specifiying the kernel to use, Of all the ones in the sgminer kernel folder it uses ckolivas, not the srypt130302.cl kernel i downloaded which is supposed to be optomised for my cards
Anyone tell me if I should be worried if my pool hash rate doesn't add up to what my individual card hash rates seem to tell me on sgminer?  I queried it and just got told don't worry its because its calculated by somethings.. not really an explanation now and I'm too new to know one way or the other
what's your settings for sgminer, just curious im about to use and im stil using cgminer... i dont know how to setup for scrypt mining... what kernel to use etc...

to be honest i'm still working it out, my currnet settings are

--lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8191,8191,8191 -g 2 -I 13 -w 256 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 90,90,90, --temp-overheat 85,85,85 --temp-target 68,68,68, --gpu-memclock 1500,1500,1500 gpu-engine 1065,1065,1065 --expiry 1 --scan-time 1 --queue 0

and i have undervolted my Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X OC cards to 1100/1120/1100 which seems stable right now

I haven't played with clock speeds yet

My temps come out at 67/77/67 ( the 2nd card is right next to the 3rd, but I think 77 is an OK temp now.... anyone disagree?Huh)

Hashrates I think I'm getting 710/717/718 at max i've seen, not sure about an average yet as the numbers fluctuate pretty rapidly still rather than settling on a certain kh/s
what kernel for sgminer to mine Digibyte?
im using this to mine Darkcoin:
sgminer.exe --kernel darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://drk.coinmine.pl:6090 -u camarada.1 -p 1 -g 2 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192
Activity: 107
Anyone tell me if I should be worried if my pool hash rate doesn't add up to what my individual card hash rates seem to tell me on sgminer?  I queried it and just got told don't worry its because its calculated by somethings.. not really an explanation now and I'm too new to know one way or the other
what's your settings for sgminer, just curious im about to use and im stil using cgminer... i dont know how to setup for scrypt mining... what kernel to use etc...

to be honest i'm still working it out, my currnet settings are

--lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8191,8191,8191 -g 2 -I 13 -w 256 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 90,90,90, --temp-overheat 85,85,85 --temp-target 68,68,68, --gpu-memclock 1500,1500,1500 gpu-engine 1065,1065,1065 --expiry 1 --scan-time 1 --queue 0

and i have undervolted my Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X OC cards to 1100/1120/1100 which seems stable right now

I haven't played with clock speeds yet

My temps come out at 67/77/67 ( the 2nd card is right next to the 3rd, but I think 77 is an OK temp now.... anyone disagree?Huh)

Hashrates I think I'm getting 710/717/718 at max i've seen, not sure about an average yet as the numbers fluctuate pretty rapidly still rather than settling on a certain kh/s
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
Depending on pool you use-  It could be determining your hash value from accepted shares.  Your card is hashing but every hash doesn't have value.  Depending on how they calculate, you might display less hash on pool then your card, or if your on a hot streak, you might display more hash then your card.
Jump to: