Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1750. (Read 3058780 times)

legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Everyone should be prepared for growing pains.  Just don't be the guy who bought a pizza for 10 million DGB and a year or so regrets giving up a fortune for a pizza.

Ok, it follows that 1000 DGB = 1 BTC. Nice!

Well, I don't think that's gonna happen. I really like DGB, but there are too many. (21 billion). Don't you think $1 (for instance) is a little optimistic?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
We have also received many messages from merchants thinking of using DigiByte as payment system because it makes sense to them once it hits an exchange. They avoid bank fees, there is enough coins to make the price around $1-$10's and they love the name.

Unfortunately, there WILL be a dump.  Every new coin that hits the exchange has an initial pump/dump.  Every single one.  The questions isn't whether the coin will go through the standard cycle of being introduced.  The question is how much real value does the coin have.  

A coin with no real value will pump, dump, and then slope downward to 1 satoshi or until 0 volume, it is then removed from the exchange.

The wild ride at the beginning will happen, but the aim to have enough value in the coin that after it does the value begins an upward sloping trajectory or levels out at it's actual value as more coins are mined and market cap grows.

Everyone should be prepared for growing pains.  Just don't be the guy who bought a pizza for 10 million DGB and a year or so regrets giving up a fortune for a pizza.

Yeah cause Digibyte has so much value and innovation, it'll certainly triumph over the early dumps! I mean it's not like there was any pre-mining or double block rewards... Seems pretty dump proof to me.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

Ok, it follows that 1000 DGB = 1 BTC. Nice!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

Pizza sounds tasty right now, but not for $10,000,000.000  Lips sealed
legendary
Yes we agree there will be a dump. Our point was it will not be from us. But yes every coin goes through the cycle. Miners need to pay for electricity etc.
Activity: 182
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
We have also received many messages from merchants thinking of using DigiByte as payment system because it makes sense to them once it hits an exchange. They avoid bank fees, there is enough coins to make the price around $1-$10's and they love the name.

Unfortunately, there WILL be a dump.  Every new coin that hits the exchange has an initial pump/dump.  Every single one.  The questions isn't whether the coin will go through the standard cycle of being introduced.  The question is how much real value does the coin have.  

A coin with no real value will pump, dump, and then slope downward to 1 satoshi or until 0 volume, it is then removed from the exchange.

The wild ride at the beginning will happen, but the aim to have enough value in the coin that after it does the value begins an upward sloping trajectory or levels out at it's actual value as more coins are mined and market cap grows.

You think you're going to have a marketcap 1x-10x larger than bitcoins? Yeah good luck, and we both know when this hits an exchange it's going to get dumped to shit. Smart thinking with that double block reward and pre-mine distribution. :^)
legendary
Also wanted to note we will be adding some more checkpoints with the QR code/ android release. And as stated before it will not be a mandatory update.
legendary
legendary
We have no plans to "dump." Why kill something that has the potential to be used in brick & mortar retail stores around the world? DigiByte has the potential to become a billion dollar payment system in the next couple years. As stated several times, we are in this for the long haul.

We are in the process of establishing an actual foundation and partnering with an existing 501 3(c) organization. Many discussions are underway right now.
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
It is sad to see so many attacks on DigiByte mining pools and if we could put a stop to it we would. On the flip side it means people see a lot of potential in DGB if they are going to go through all the trouble to launch an attack.

Please make sure to use a different password on each pool! Also encrypt and back up your wallets!

Maybe they're just trying to hack your pump n' dump coin so they can dump more themselves :^)

Can only hash so much, the lower it goes the cheaper it is to buy until people realize it isn't going anywhere.
It is sad to see so many attacks on DigiByte mining pools and if we could put a stop to it we would. On the flip side it means people see a lot of potential in DGB if they are going to go through all the trouble to launch an attack.

Please make sure to use a different password on each pool! Also encrypt and back up your wallets!

Maybe they're just trying to hack your pump n' dump coin so they can dump more themselves :^)
legendary

DGB.Get-By.com Admin
@ dgb.Get-By.com we have had more than our share of attacks as well. DDoS is a hard problem to face... we got hammered right at launch time. 

Luckily we were able to withstand almost all of it and stayed up all but a couple minutes.

We did choose to go into maintenance mode, however, to protect the coins when the first set of user passwords that were stolen from Xtrapool started being used to login at our pool.

It has been a rough launch in that sense.  There are those that would rather this coin not make it.
They don't want to share their lunch.

I say that is all the more reason that we take it Cheesy
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
legendary
Great to hear you have been able to withdraw coins from the pool!
Activity: 126
Thanks for help! God is a ....
i lost coin 35k DGB.it's pool sever close http://dgb.idcray.com:808

please solve

my DGB address:DALBdGDYMZzXNP1RxmDHpNfhMzMGdLQ6fCun
I lost about 4K Sad
Has anyone had any contact with the pool administrator? Last we heard they were getting DDOSD?

I lost ~10K, including the last Withdrawal (9.5K). I think the pool administrator is premeditated. He increase the translation fee (5 dgb per TX) to make us do Withdrawal with big acount (leave more DGB coins on his server). Then he said his pool were getting DDOSD. After that, he disappear, and our DGBs disappear too.

If I am wrong, I will say sorry to my Chinese friend (the pool admin).

After some search, I think the pool admin's wallet is following, and now he is cash them out.

http://altexplorer.net/address/DAVY2savYBEqt99uBxs667Fgcb1dwc1XTh

MY Withdrawal is successful just now.  And sorry for my suspecting about this pool.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
So the general consensus seems to be that idcray took the DGB and ran? There goes ~10k I guess  Cry

Same here Sad

Yep, close to 9k if im correct for me.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
So the general consensus seems to be that idcray took the DGB and ran? There goes ~10k I guess  Cry

Same here Sad
Jump to: