Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 342. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
when i download the new wallet will it take over the old version 4030? and yes ive backed up my old wallet.  and will it keep my coins intact?

If you are on Windows simply follow the install instructions and it will replace the older version.  Same with OS X.  Your DGB will still be there as expected. Everyone should definitely upgrade their wallet now and make sure you are on v6.14.2.
legendary
I got an error msg that it wasn't possible to connect to the blockchain within the Digibyte Gaming Wallet Chrome Extension. Anyone with a similar experience?

Tha Gaming Wallet has not been deprecated and should be up for everyone. We are in the process of upgrading insight, bitcore, gaming wallet and bws stack to be compatible to latest protocol changes. When we see a network reorg, insight and BWS have been crashing. Nothing to worry about on main net, it's our reference implementation in those systems.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

Lovely, but ssl is forced on that server (cloudflare probably), it auto-redirects you to https.
Wonder if cloudflare can fool downforeveryoneorjustme check.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
https://www.digiexplorer.info/ explorer has been down for a while now.
Whats going on?
Activity: 254
Merit: 250
Good afternoon I have 3 days trying to mine Digibyte (Groestl) and I could not !!!

It will be that someone can help me how to mine !!!! Huh Huh Huh Huh

OK digihash.co for groestl isnt proper working for me as well, i think something todo with difficulty adjustment!

Im on

https://www.miners-pool.eu/pools/digibyte%20-%20groestl
https://dgb-groestl.theblocksfactory.com/statsAuth

that works for me. Both pools supporting segwit!
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Looks like everyone's on holiday. I know nothing about the Chrome extension other than I think it was depreciated, but I'm not sure. Wait until Monday office hours or send them an email, tweet, message in a bottle.  Cheesy

Mining groestl? Are we to assume you have the hardward and software correctly configured? (If not, it would be better to consult about that in their corresponding places). Have you tried https://www.miners-pool.eu/pools/digibyte%20-%20groestl ? If not, give them a try if only to baseline.

Current 1 hour Price Chart looks very bullish. That much I do know.  Wink
Activity: 441
I got an error msg that it wasn't possible to connect to the blockchain within the Digibyte Gaming Wallet Chrome Extension. Anyone with a similar experience?
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Good afternoon I have 3 days trying to mine Digibyte (Groestl) and I could not !!!

It will be that someone can help me how to mine !!!! Huh Huh Huh Huh
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Hey everyone,

I see you're all asking good questions. Some of the information is out there already, but I'm sorry I don't have the time to help out just now . . .

. . . with SegWit and all the particulars regarding this release, generalizations are not recommended . . .

Keep asking, doing your research, and posting the links back to the answers you find (those who have time . . . maybe next weekend I'll have more), and hopefully we'll get some Dev responses too. Definitive answers are always welcomed.  Smiley

Edit: I'm wondering, those of you who are on Telegram, is there any activity there? Does anyone know about the status of https://digiexplorer.info/ ? Ect.

Edit: Since writing that, it occurred to me that the contact form message on the website could be used for important questions http://digibyte.co/contact or even the Dev email directly [email protected]
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Could digibyte hit 1$ after segwit?

That will most likely not happen
To reach $1 it would need a market cap of around 8 billion. Its only 9 million now.
Even $0.1 would make it need a 800 million market cap. Which itself is not likely

But digibyte can easily reach 50m market cap or higher. So 5x the price it is now. Especially with segwit and solid dev team that having been supporting it for years and with everything segwit brings 50m cap is very likely. If not more

Just my opinion.

do you know how to calculate marcap?
supply X price
8,107,031,908 X 0.00000097 BTC =7,853 BTC
that mean if
8,107,031,908 X 0.0008 BTC ($1) = 6.485.625 BTC

marcap will follow price value, marcap didnt give effect for price, but price make increase or decrease marcap

Yes. So what i said is correct still....
Once 20m market cap. price will be 200sats. while now its 100sats at 10m cap. and was 50sats at 5m cap.

Expecting big things for DigiByte. Been in since 63sats. Holding for long term
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Hmm, well I don't agree with the reward change after 48 days either, or other subsequent changes. But I suppose DigiByte needs a way to fund its projects such as DiguSign and segwit upgrade... Every project can choose its own methods. I think Myriad has done pretty well with community-funded development so far. Good luck.

You're right again.

I wasn't trying to be precise - 48 hours - 48 days - then the great flood. It was metaphorical. DigiByte doesn't have a "halving period" like most others . . .

. . . was 0.5% reduction every 10,080 blocks . . . now production decreases 1% every month.

I don't try to be exact, that's the Devs' jobs . . . I'm not a dev and was just sharing "general" truths in a generalized way . . . without splitting hairs . . . and I think we got the general idea . . . but thanks anyway . . . not always a bad idea to bring all the little details to the surface . . . perhaps something I should have done to begin with . . . good job.

But again, just so everyone knows, I don't pretend to be the definitive expert on anything here. Just trying to help out where and when I can.

Of course, all these details are all on page 1. Wink

Cheers,
Activity: 343
Merit: 252
Should we upgrade our wallets to 6.0 with segwit?  Thanks

When SegWit goes live and you still would like to be able to receive transactions, that just *might* be quite a good idea  Wink

To understand SegWit a bit better, both the pro's and the cons: https://archive.fo/ZnPmF
Activity: 479
Merit: 100
Good afternoon. I think that Digibyte is one of the most promising cryptocurrencies today. Smiley

why you think that?  give examples as to why its promising.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
Shouldn't this site state that Segwit is active now? https://segwit.digiexplorer.info/
No, Segwit is now Locked In and it will now take a week of being Locked In before we go Active.

So a full period?

read! http://www.digibyte.co/why-we-support-segwit-digibyte
I have read this before, but must have missed it. Just though it had to be over 70% for a full period and did not know about the extra lock in part. I assume this takes an extra period then.
Activity: 499
To The Moon !
Good afternoon. I think that Digibyte is one of the most promising cryptocurrencies today. Smiley
Activity: 209
Merit: 100

And the subsidy of DigiByte mined in the first 48 hours was the same scheduled for the first 48 days, as it were (i.e. no pre-mine, no instamine, just the exact same reward as what everybody continued to get until the first reward reduction).

My friend, the blockchain tells a different tale.

You're right. Sorry about that. It was so insignificant and transparent that I completely forgot about it (since it pales in comparison with what we normally think of when talking about a pre-mine or instamine).

Historical DigiByte OP Info

Coin Facts

21 Billion Total Coins | 30 Second Blocks (2.5 Min per Algo) | 8,000 DGB Reward, Reduces 0.5% Every 10,080 blocks |0.5 % Pre-Mine (0%) | MultiAlgo, POW | 2.5 Min Re-target (Each algo, averages previous 10 blocks) Note: We are now a 0% pre-mine as the entire pre-mine has been given away or used for development.

Pre-Mine Details:
  • 52.5 million DGB for giveaways over first two months to encourage adoption of DGB.
  • Giveaway address will be publicly posted on website with a public record of all transactions in the block chain.
  • 52.5 million DGB for development expenses to further DigiByte and help it become a mainstream currency.
  • Development account address will be publicly posted on website with a public record of all transactions in the block chain.
  • Our goal is to be transparent and accountable with the 0.5% pre-mine to ensure a bright future for DigiByte.

Pre-Mine Accounts:
  • Giveaway Account: DFsSa6kVoCyHK8ryZYDNX2fi5294kSuH2Q
  • Initial Balance: 52,500,000.00 DGB
  • Current Balance: 0 DGB
  • Development Account: DQkqGjRqyfsmzFQ27tPK2PNJe7gPZUVm1U
  • Initial Balance: 52,596,000.00 DGB
**Note: After the first 6 days of DigiByte's life over 44,105,165.259 million DigiBytes were dispersed from the giveaway account to merchants, developers, users and more in over 1500 Transactions to DigiByte Addresses!

Hmm, well I don't agree with the reward change after 48 days either, or other subsequent changes. But I suppose DigiByte needs a way to fund its projects such as DiguSign and segwit upgrade... Every project can choose its own methods. I think Myriad has done pretty well with community-funded development so far. Good luck.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

And the subsidy of DigiByte mined in the first 48 hours was the same scheduled for the first 48 days, as it were (i.e. no pre-mine, no instamine, just the exact same reward as what everybody continued to get until the first reward reduction).

My friend, the blockchain tells a different tale.

You're right. Sorry about that. It was so insignificant and transparent that I completely forgot about it (since it pales in comparison with what we normally think of when talking about a pre-mine or instamine).

Historical DigiByte OP Info

Coin Facts

21 Billion Total Coins | 30 Second Blocks (2.5 Min per Algo) | 8,000 DGB Reward, Reduces 0.5% Every 10,080 blocks |0.5 % Pre-Mine (0%) | MultiAlgo, POW | 2.5 Min Re-target (Each algo, averages previous 10 blocks) Note: We are now a 0% pre-mine as the entire pre-mine has been given away or used for development.

Pre-Mine Details:
  • 52.5 million DGB for giveaways over first two months to encourage adoption of DGB.
  • Giveaway address will be publicly posted on website with a public record of all transactions in the block chain.
  • 52.5 million DGB for development expenses to further DigiByte and help it become a mainstream currency.
  • Development account address will be publicly posted on website with a public record of all transactions in the block chain.
  • Our goal is to be transparent and accountable with the 0.5% pre-mine to ensure a bright future for DigiByte.

Pre-Mine Accounts:
  • Giveaway Account: DFsSa6kVoCyHK8ryZYDNX2fi5294kSuH2Q
  • Initial Balance: 52,500,000.00 DGB
  • Development Account: DQkqGjRqyfsmzFQ27tPK2PNJe7gPZUVm1U
  • Initial Balance: 52,596,000.00 DGB
**Note: After the first 6 days of DigiByte's life over 44,105,165.259 million DigiBytes were dispersed from the giveaway account to merchants, developers, users and more in over 1500 Transactions to DigiByte Addresses!

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
Shouldn't this site state that Segwit is active now? https://segwit.digiexplorer.info/
No, Segwit is now Locked In and it will now take a week of being Locked In before we go Active.

Jumbley,

Could you forward this. I've forgotten who the contact is . . . and with it not being possible to securely enter the site, I have no way of finding out.

TIA

The issue is a lapsed certificate, it's not really a security issue. The owner of the site, Eric, is aware of this but isn't going to do anything about it as far as I know. the site is reference only really and should not cause a problem to anyone but I wouldn't pass any personal information over it all the same.

Okay.  (Wonder why he just doesn't disable https if it's just reference only? No big. Just thinking out loud. Doesn't really matter. Was looking for the Rich List which probably isn't up anyway. We need to get a third party explorer for DGB . . .)

Thanks.
Jump to: