Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 339. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 343
Merit: 252
It looks to me that Digibyte will be the first to activate Segwit ?
Yes i think.
I was just pointing out that their have a better communication on segwit activation process than we had.

The answer is "no".

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptocurrencies-with-segwit-and-ln-style-off-chain-payment-solutions-1777136
Activity: 55
Merit: 2
Yes i think.
I was just pointing out that their have a better communication on segwit activation process than we had.
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
Shouldn't this site state that Segwit is active now? https://segwit.digiexplorer.info/
No, Segwit is now Locked In and it will now take a week of being Locked In before we go Active.
Litecoin SegWit has just "locked in": http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php
Their state page has been updated for this new period before activation, and gives little more explanation about the process,
compared to DGB at https://segwit.digiexplorer.info/
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Exciting times for DGB!

Need to publish a plan for segwit...only as good as what is going to be done with it.

Lightning network?  Smart Contracts? 

Take a stab - make a statement - steer the coin - pave the way!  Smiley

you're right, we're gonna see some moves before segwit get actived. Smiley
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
DGB RUMO A 1000 SAT FRIDAY. IT WILL BE INCREDIBLE AS PINK DID

Keep on dreaming Smiley
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
DGB RUMO A 1000 SAT FRIDAY. IT WILL BE INCREDIBLE AS PINK DID
Activity: 109
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
Where can i buy more dgb! It's no longer on bittrex
Let's pump dgb to 1000 sat today!
Do it !
That´s only a small investment for a guy but a giant leap for the whole DGB Community.  Wink

Only 2614 BTC is needed to reach 1000sat @polo  Grin
Right now seems more like a little "dump time"
Activity: 87
Do it !
That´s only a small investment for a guy but a giant leap for the whole DGB Community.  Wink
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Stepping back and taking a look at price from a longer term point of view . . .

And this is what it looks like in USD terms:

Big boys are in BTC atm, so alts (maybe) will not rally Smiley
Activity: 16
Activity: 16
If I never did mining before, what is the best source to learn how to start mining Digibytes?
Activity: 330
I'd like to remind everyone using an NON HD wallet (like i do) to backup the wallet.dat as soon as a new DGB address is created in it. Otherwise if your wallet.dat get corrupted, a fresh install & re-sync with an old wallet.dat will completely ignore the newest addresses and you won't recover the funds received with these addresses.
New HD wallet doesn't have to be saved as often: one backup is enough, even the addresses created post backup will be recover by the old wallet.dat which contain the original seed.

Well, since most light wallets that use a .dat file generate the keys from a mnemonic phrase, the generated keys should be the same with a restored wallet, and your funds should appear when the current address is genereted again.
I'd like to remind everyone using an NON HD wallet (like i do) to backup the wallet.dat as soon as a new DGB address is created in it. Otherwise if your wallet.dat get corrupted, a fresh install & re-sync with an old wallet.dat will completely ignore the newest addresses and you won't recover the funds received with these addresses.
New HD wallet doesn't have to be saved as often: one backup is enough, even the addresses created post backup will be recover by the old wallet.dat which contain the original seed.

Edit: I'm sorry, i was absolutely wrong when i wrote those words.  Embarrassed
My truly apologies for that. I've misunderstood what a HD wallet is, and also how a classic wallet works.
I've made the test on an unencrypted core wallet updated to 6.14.2 containing an old wallet.dat (HD key generation disabled),
and everything is ok : after re-sync, an old saved wallet.dat has received the funds sent to a new dgb-address created post backup.
Anyway it's still recommended to backup your wallet.dat time to time Wink
Jump to: