Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 550. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 517
Merit: 500
aka alaniz
Nice to see Jared name among the speakers Smiley

Well done Jared! - http://bitcoinconference.co.za/speakers/

I'll be at the event as well. Glad you confirmed.

Lol pity I can't go! Tongue
Activity: 274
Merit: 250

I'll be at the event as well. Glad you confirmed.
Activity: 245
Hello, I inform you that DigiByte will soon be accepted in our store located in France Wink
This will facilitate overseas payments

This is a shop that sells decorative mirrors. with new concept soon

Prices will be displayed soon DigiByte / Euro

Thank you for your support (like this page please).
https://www.facebook.com/Lart-du-verre-et-du-miroir-lAtelier-de-Marina-1169470346399129/?fref=ts

Thanks; I think it's great to see this kind of support.  Welcome to the DigiByte community.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Its not the latest post in the argument but the one I want to address most, so:
The sha256 algo has become the workhorse of DigiByte I believe, so I think we will be keeping it for the time being. The insurmountable network speed of bitcoin is what many people believe provides its supreme security but with perhaps the imminent introduction of quantum machines that could change. It's not like satoshi had not thought of this, bitcoin was always destined to change with technology. after all that's the beauty of software. DigiByte strives to make this technology available to everyone and our multi-algo approach stops the big boys totally running away with the ball but we are still playing the same game, got a dog in the fight if you like!  Wink

edit: I'll think you will agree, that's better than a dog in your logo!  Grin

The SHA-256 miners (specialized highly concentrated miners) have a 4:1 advantage over GPU miners (those who really make up the widely distributed network) and are the main reason why price is kept so low since 50 SAT is their breakeven.

In theory, as well as in practice, the SHA-256 miners tend towards centralization, and, therefore, contribute not to security but greater network INsecurity and vulnerability as Jared has clearly explained. It's the small guy who helps promote decentralization, real network security, and widely accepted real world use . . . as has also been clearly explained on numerous occasions.

BTW, speed? Cheesy
The trouble I see in your reasoning is that you are perfectly right in the smaller scopes of the area your argument is about, but it seems to fail to see the larger picture. Yes, SHA-256 tends towards centralization. Yes, a mining farm for BTC that contributes 'merely' about 1% towards BTC could in a matter of minutes provide 98 to 99% of the SHA-256 hashrate of DGB. A blockchain security nightmare for SHA-256 on its own. Not to speak of things like the power or influence Chinas government could have over the ASIC algos considering the combined hashrate of the mining farms and ASIC manufacturers based there, both accidentally or if they want/have reason to.

So SHA-256 is insecure and of no use? Better replace the ASIC algos with a CPU or GPU algo? Now, a few months back streaming based gaming got a bit of a news hype. With the CPU/GPU heavy calculations done in server farms anything capable to put a video stream on a screen and sent the controller inputs to the server would be able to play any AAA game in best resolution and quality. Now lets assume lower latency internet and other factors (hardware/electricity costs) makes this mainstream in near future. For example Steam with a low cost Steambox is really big in this. We are talking millions of gamers, hundreds of thousands to millions of GPUs in mostly unified gaming servers, running a unified OS controlled and serviced by remote access. Probably pretty good security against hijacking at least from outside, but still, has the thought that you still need at least somewhat big mining farms running 2 different types of ASICs before you could aim for breaking DGB a certain appeal now?

Additionally and less hypothetically, Jumbley mentioned the ASIC driven BTC hashrate surpasses the combined computing power of the top list of super computers. The same is said about the combined computing power of the server farms run by Google. Non-ASIC algos are usually still somewhat competitively mineable by CPU. Now taking over all of Googles servers should be quite impossible and why should Google combine all its resources to perform a hit on DGB? But like with BTC the same applies to DGB. Is it better to rely on 'They possibly could do it but why should they do it?' or aim for 'They can't do it even if they really want to'?

So my conclusion on the matter is: While SHA-256 on its own is indeed increasingly insecure it nonetheless hardens DGB against certain attack angles and in combination with the 4 other algos its making DGB one of, if not even the best, shielded coin/block chain. Is it really a good idea to risk this over profitability quarrels in between the algo/hardware types?
That’s a very well reasoned post , profitability should not be our highest concern although DigiByte clearly has massive potential in this area. We are attracting thousands of gamers and our developers are now in the throes of turning the gaming wallet into full nodes, security is clearly our developers #1 priority and DigiByte is destined to be in a league of its own surpassing anything else out there and we will achieve this together and it is not illegal to have fun doing it!
aka alaniz
Hehehe thanks Smiley wana jump on IRC?
Activity: 750
DigiByte Telegram Chat Bot

We are happy to announce that me and Dennahz are releasing a Telegram chat bot specifically for DigiByte! Below are some of the relevant points of information, links and usage tips!

Features:

• Market data feeds from Poloniex and Bitfinex with multiple currency functionality
  • Advanced market data features
  • Market cap data
  • DigiStats API integration including difficulty, coin supply, blockcount, network hash rates, number of nodes and more!

Usage Tips:

• You can add the chat bot directly from your Telegram app by adding @digubot
  • The commands should be sent as '/command' and not '/command@digubot' when in groups
  • Please do your best not to spam and hence clog up the bot

Donation address: DEbyS2U1u7EucBAuyRXsGaixXr6e28Qk9e

Going back through the thread and must have missed this due to the drama. Congrats bitkapp and Dennahz, amazing work. Cheesy
aka alaniz

Yes yes! and more events coming  Roll Eyes Grin

I'm really looking forward to hearing what Jared has to say here.

I'm looking forward to this as well! Cheesy
aka alaniz
Hello, I inform you that DigiByte will soon be accepted in our store located in France Wink

https://www.facebook.com/Lart-du-verre-et-du-miroir-lAtelier-de-Marina-1169470346399129/?fref=ts

Hello!

You will not regret it! If there is anything we can do for you / help you with please feel free to ask us here.
Activity: 420
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

Excellent! Thank you for adding DigiByte. Lot of "noise" in the forum right now, I'm sure everyone is pleased to welcome you!

Activity: 346
Its not the latest post in the argument but the one I want to address most, so:
The sha256 algo has become the workhorse of DigiByte I believe, so I think we will be keeping it for the time being. The insurmountable network speed of bitcoin is what many people believe provides its supreme security but with perhaps the imminent introduction of quantum machines that could change. It's not like satoshi had not thought of this, bitcoin was always destined to change with technology. after all that's the beauty of software. DigiByte strives to make this technology available to everyone and our multi-algo approach stops the big boys totally running away with the ball but we are still playing the same game, got a dog in the fight if you like!  Wink

edit: I'll think you will agree, that's better than a dog in your logo!  Grin

The SHA-256 miners (specialized highly concentrated miners) have a 4:1 advantage over GPU miners (those who really make up the widely distributed network) and are the main reason why price is kept so low since 50 SAT is their breakeven.

In theory, as well as in practice, the SHA-256 miners tend towards centralization, and, therefore, contribute not to security but greater network INsecurity and vulnerability as Jared has clearly explained. It's the small guy who helps promote decentralization, real network security, and widely accepted real world use . . . as has also been clearly explained on numerous occasions.

BTW, speed? Cheesy
The trouble I see in your reasoning is that you are perfectly right in the smaller scopes of the area your argument is about, but it seems to fail to see the larger picture. Yes, SHA-256 tends towards centralization. Yes, a mining farm for BTC that contributes 'merely' about 1% towards BTC could in a matter of minutes provide 98 to 99% of the SHA-256 hashrate of DGB. A blockchain security nightmare for SHA-256 on its own. Not to speak of things like the power or influence Chinas government could have over the ASIC algos considering the combined hashrate of the mining farms and ASIC manufacturers based there, both accidentally or if they want/have reason to.

So SHA-256 is insecure and of no use? Better replace the ASIC algos with a CPU or GPU algo? Now, a few months back streaming based gaming got a bit of a news hype. With the CPU/GPU heavy calculations done in server farms anything capable to put a video stream on a screen and sent the controller inputs to the server would be able to play any AAA game in best resolution and quality. Now lets assume lower latency internet and other factors (hardware/electricity costs) makes this mainstream in near future. For example Steam with a low cost Steambox is really big in this. We are talking millions of gamers, hundreds of thousands to millions of GPUs in mostly unified gaming servers, running a unified OS controlled and serviced by remote access. Probably pretty good security against hijacking at least from outside, but still, has the thought that you still need at least somewhat big mining farms running 2 different types of ASICs before you could aim for breaking DGB a certain appeal now?

Additionally and less hypothetically, Jumbley mentioned the ASIC driven BTC hashrate surpasses the combined computing power of the top list of super computers. The same is said about the combined computing power of the server farms run by Google. Non-ASIC algos are usually still somewhat competitively mineable by CPU. Now taking over all of Googles servers should be quite impossible and why should Google combine all its resources to perform a hit on DGB? But like with BTC the same applies to DGB. Is it better to rely on 'They possibly could do it but why should they do it?' or aim for 'They can't do it even if they really want to'?

So my conclusion on the matter is: While SHA-256 on its own is indeed increasingly insecure it nonetheless hardens DGB against certain attack angles and in combination with the 4 other algos its making DGB one of, if not even the best, shielded coin/block chain. Is it really a good idea to risk this over profitability quarrels in between the algo/hardware types?
Activity: 270
Lovin' Crypto

Oh yeah ! Smiley

And it seems like we're set to 60's!
Activity: 351

Will this be broadcasted live ?
Activity: 750

Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

Activity: 280

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

Activity: 270
Lovin' Crypto
I would like to see such motivation and debate on ideas about how to help Digibyte to reach the top and be useful in everyday life.
It would be very constructive ^^
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
What I acknowledge is that sha ASIC miners are more efficient; they were designed to be and simply would not exist if they were not. I do not dispute this fact!

What I was trying to get across was that although, they have this advantage, sha miners can only achieve 20% of the blocks created on DigiByte. This means that they are in competition with the other sha miners and not the other algorithms!

I have no interest in subverting this thread, I would have thought that was obvious but apparently not. What I thought I was doing was offering healthy debate; I always consider the possibility of being wrong, after all I’m only human. What I get for it is abuse, I don’t like this current situation any more than anyone else. Maybe you would all be happier if I just popped in from time to time and said things like MOON! Well forget that, leave me on ignore. I know HR would currently like me to just go fms and I’m disappointed he has taken this stance, I used to really respect the guy but respect is a two way thing.

So sorry everyone for the mess but I can only keep my own behavior in check!
Activity: 274
Merit: 101
I've always been surprised on how friendly and helpful the Digibyte community has been... but it seems each man has his limits...
Agreed, this pumper is annoying and is clearly manipulating Digibyte down at the moment, let him, means cheaper DGB for all of us and he'll will need to let her fly anyway... hell, she might even breakout without him as Digibyte is getting more and more attention with traders nowadays.

Anyway, Digibyte dev team and community are a unique group, almost never tainted by FUD or inner fighting crap... let's keep it this way!

Thanks! Greatly appreciated, we all try our best to form a positive image around DGB Smiley

Why to much block SHA256 on Node Stratum Pool pending?
Yep, there are some big payouts waiting to happen there on digihash pool! I would have thought it would have been pushed out by now as it was reported yesterday but I have total confidence it will be eventually. 

Yeah.. Still waiting and nothing from the devs. 

I will ask Jared for you.

Seriously guys? PM! Get this negativity off the forum.

Yes please this negativity is unnecessary, can both HR and Jumbley please make sure to continue their discussion off this thread.

HR and Jumbley your both ignored.

As you have both been told, take it to PM.
aka alaniz
I've always been surprised on how friendly and helpful the Digibyte community has been... but it seems each man has his limits...
Agreed, this pumper is annoying and is clearly manipulating Digibyte down at the moment, let him, means cheaper DGB for all of us and he'll will need to let her fly anyway... hell, she might even breakout without him as Digibyte is getting more and more attention with traders nowadays.

Anyway, Digibyte dev team and community are a unique group, almost never tainted by FUD or inner fighting crap... let's keep it this way!

Thanks! Greatly appreciated, we all try our best to form a positive image around DGB Smiley

Why to much block SHA256 on Node Stratum Pool pending?
Yep, there are some big payouts waiting to happen there on digihash pool! I would have thought it would have been pushed out by now as it was reported yesterday but I have total confidence it will be eventually. 

Yeah.. Still waiting and nothing from the devs. 

I will ask Jared for you.

Seriously guys? PM! Get this negativity off the forum.

Yes please this negativity is unnecessary, can both HR and Jumbley please make sure to continue their discussion off this thread.
Jump to: