Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 554. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Mining with a GPU will use exactly the same bandwidth as with ASIC - on a comparable DGB mining payout basis that is
Let's put numbers. We're talking at about hundred bytes per minute.

Right, you can't mine and play at the same time, but you can mine when you're not playing, and get some nice amounts of DGB doing it.
You can absolutely mine and play at the same time, just not with AAA games. In practice many games games are mostly bandwidth hogs so GPUs have plenty of spare time. The highest-profile games I played while mining were Borderlands 2 and some HD remix of Serious Sam. I've mined Qubit, GrsMyr, even NeoScrypt. Qubit works like a charm, little impact on both framerate and hashrate. As a comparison, Yescrypt is incompatible with everything. Best part is power consumption since your GPU is already 90% loaded when gaming so you get only part of the hashrate but at a fraction of the cost!
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Data Scientist
DigiByte Telegram Chat Bot

We are happy to announce that me and Dennahz are releasing a Telegram chat bot specifically for DigiByte! Below are some of the relevant points of information, links and usage tips!

Features:

• Market data feeds from Poloniex and Bitfinex with multiple currency functionality
  • Advanced market data features
  • Market cap data
  • DigiStats API integration including difficulty, coin supply, blockcount, network hash rates, number of nodes and more!

Usage Tips:

• You can add the chat bot directly from your Telegram app by adding @digubot
  • The commands should be sent as '/command' and not '/command@digubot' when in groups
  • Please do your best not to spam and hence clog up the bot

Donation address: DEbyS2U1u7EucBAuyRXsGaixXr6e28Qk9e

cool

Activity: 517
aka alaniz
DigiByte Telegram Chat Bot

We are happy to announce that me and Dennahz are releasing a Telegram chat bot specifically for DigiByte! Below are some of the relevant points of information, links and usage tips!

Features:

• Market data feeds from Poloniex and Bitfinex with multiple currency functionality
  • Advanced market data features
  • Market cap data
  • DigiStats API integration including difficulty, coin supply, blockcount, network hash rates, number of nodes and more!

Usage Tips:

• You can add the chat bot directly from your Telegram app by adding @digubot
  • The commands should be sent as '/command' and not '/command@digubot' when in groups
  • Please do your best not to spam and hence clog up the bot

Donation address: DEbyS2U1u7EucBAuyRXsGaixXr6e28Qk9e

Data Scientist
hey guys, I think about starting mining by using a vps. will that work ?
and I did try to read all what you wrote about mining in this topic, but it seems that the software that helps beginner is down, and I'm really having trouble understanding.
can any one upload "DigiHash 3-Click Easy Miner for Beginners" for me please.
and does any one use vps for mining I need some stats, because I'm thinking about buying a whole vps reseller.

Dont buy a VPS, you will lose money.

You could pickup a USB ASIC on ebay which is probably best for you but I dont mine anymore so I couldn't really say. Maybe one of the miners could offer some insight?

if the vps can mine, then I'm not thinking about one vps, I' thinking about a lot, I'm saying I'll buy an unlimited vps reseller and not a vps.
so if he can mine just a few with a lot of them I can mine more and more. looks goood to me.
but let's wait for a miner.
the USB ASIC could be a great idea, but I'm not willing to use my internet connection. I am a gamer I need my internet to play, and sins the digibytegaming payout are becoming lower and lower, I need another way to get dgb. so using my internet connection is not an option. that's why I come up with the idea of vps reseller.

Mining won't hit your connection that bad,
I'm mining a coin with my graphics card, I have 3 Scrypt usb miners mining and 2 POS wallets going and its barely affecting my sons ping. (i'm on cable though)

Don't buy usb scrypt miners, you will not make your money back, you are better off using that money just to buy Digibyte.
I just bought 3 futurebit miners from the forums because I wanted to have a bit of a play, but I wont make back the $90 I spent on them a couple of weeks ago.

But if your hell bent on picking some up, check out this post, there may be some left
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13869225

Mining with a GPU will use exactly the same bandwidth as with ASIC - on a comparable DGB mining payout basis that is - and if you've got a gaming rig already built, then you've already got the necessary hardware. Right, you can't mine and play at the same time, but you can mine when you're not playing, and get some nice amounts of DGB doing it. I recommend mining with the groestl algo since it is the most efficient electricity wise and stresses your system much less than others (nice clean COOL efficient mining). It has a bit of a learning curve to get everything set up, but I think you'll find all the necessary information on my forum, or at least the links to that information if not: http://asistec-ti.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=19 It'll take you some time to get set up, but once you've got it properly configured, it's nothing more than starting your miner and then making money while you sleep.

One other note: yes, buying DGB directly in the open market is still cheaper than the electricity cost needed to mine equivalent amounts so you're not going to need to get in a hurry, but I do expect that to change in the not too distant future so take your time and get it right and you'll be set up. In the meantime, you can buy about 2x the amount you can mine with the same fiat . . . but I haven't checked the price in the last couple of hours, and maybe that's changed already! Wink

Edit: Remember, multi-algo levels the playing field: you need the same amount of electricity to generate equivalent mining rewards regardless of the algo mined because the payouts are algo adjusted as it were (e.g. you get much less per ASIC hashrate than you get for GPU hashrate). That's the reason for multi-algo: to keep things fair and the average user in the game . . . which leads to a real widely distributed network that is secure, etc., etc.

this is a lot to handle at once. I'll start reading before doing anything. for now I'm going to test every single possibility, then chose the best way. I have a vps to test on and I may try with ASIC, and I'm right now going to test my cpu mining and gpu mining.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
and I did try to read all what you wrote about mining in this topic, but it seems that the software that helps beginner is down, and I'm really having trouble understanding.
and does any one use vps for mining I need some stats, because I'm thinking about buying a whole vps reseller.

You could pickup a USB ASIC on ebay which is probably best for you but I dont mine anymore so I couldn't really say. Maybe one of the miners could offer some insight?

if the vps can mine, then I'm not thinking about one vps, I' thinking about a lot, I'm saying I'll buy an unlimited vps reseller and not a vps.
so if he can mine just a few with a lot of them I can mine more and more. looks goood to me.
the USB ASIC could be a great idea, but I'm not willing to use my internet connection. I am a gamer I need my internet to play, and sins the digibytegaming payout are becoming lower and lower, I need another way to get dgb. so using my internet connection is not an option. that's why I come up with the idea of vps reseller.

I'm mining a coin with my graphics card, I have 3 Scrypt usb miners mining and 2 POS wallets going and its barely affecting my sons ping. (i'm on cable though)

Don't buy usb scrypt miners, you will not make your money back, you are better off using that money just to buy Digibyte.
I just bought 3 futurebit miners from the forums because I wanted to have a bit of a play, but I wont make back the $90 I spent on them a couple of weeks ago.

But if your hell bent on picking some up, check out this post, there may be some left

Mining with a GPU will use exactly the same bandwidth as with ASIC - on a comparable DGB mining payout basis that is - and if you've got a gaming rig already built, then you've already got the necessary hardware. Right, you can't mine and play at the same time, but you can mine when you're not playing, and get some nice amounts of DGB doing it. I recommend mining with the groestl algo since it is the most efficient electricity wise and stresses your system much less than others (nice clean COOL efficient mining). It has a bit of a learning curve to get everything set up, but I think you'll find all the necessary information on my forum, or at least the links to that information if not: http://asistec-ti.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=19 It'll take you some time to get set up, but once you've got it properly configured, it's nothing more than starting your miner and then making money while you sleep.

One other note: yes, buying DGB directly in the open market is still cheaper than the electricity cost needed to mine equivalent amounts so you're not going to need to get in a hurry, but I do expect that to change in the not too distant future so take your time and get it right and you'll be set up. In the meantime, you can buy about 2x the amount you can mine with the same fiat . . . but I haven't checked the price in the last couple of hours, and maybe that's changed already! Wink

Edit: Remember, multi-algo levels the playing field: you need the same amount of electricity to generate equivalent mining rewards regardless of the algo mined because the payouts are algo adjusted as it were (e.g. you get much less per ASIC hashrate than you get for GPU hashrate). That's the reason for multi-algo: to keep things fair and the average user in the game . . . which leads to a real widely distributed network that is secure, etc., etc.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Mining can be a real mine field and it can be difficult to see how it is going to be profitable sometimes. It makes sense to use GPUs that you have for gaming anyway to mine when you are not gaming. You will mine more dgb with asics but that is all you can do with them and if you sell what you mine immediately you are probably going to struggle covering your electricity costs unless you have the latest and most efficient miners in which case you are going to struggle recovering your capital costs. This is why mining is dominated by farms that make use of mainly self generated electricity. Having said that, mining is absolutely imperative to the Digibyte network as it is bitcoin or most other cryptos. If many people run small but affordable miners and hold what they mine then one day it should all pay off and they would have really been doing their bit to support this project and keep it decentralised. With the bitcoin block halving approaching, there is likely to be more second hand asic equipment coming onto the market so keep your eyes peeled for a bargain. I also try to buy at least the equivalent to what I mine from the markets to bolster long term ambitions. Many of these smaller miners are practically next to useless for mining bitcoin as payouts are going to be extremely rare whereas using them to mine dgb will still see regular payouts. Keep it affordable, is the best advice I can give you but please please mine if you can and is better to be doing yourself than relying on some third part service that might go out of business tomorrow.

you say that vps in not a good idea.
I'm saying I don't use a vps and would not, if that's the same thing.  Wink
Data Scientist
Mining can be a real mine field and it can be difficult to see how it is going to be profitable sometimes. It makes sense to use GPUs that you have for gaming anyway to mine when you are not gaming. You will mine more dgb with asics but that is all you can do with them and if you sell what you mine immediately you are probably going to struggle covering your electricity costs unless you have the latest and most efficient miners in which case you are going to struggle recovering your capital costs. This is why mining is dominated by farms that make use of mainly self generated electricity. Having said that, mining is absolutely imperative to the Digibyte network as it is bitcoin or most other cryptos. If many people run small but affordable miners and hold what they mine then one day it should all pay off and they would have really been doing their bit to support this project and keep it decentralised. With the bitcoin block halving approaching, there is likely to be more second hand asic equipment coming onto the market so keep your eyes peeled for a bargain. I also try to buy at least the equivalent to what I mine from the markets to bolster long term ambitions. Many of these smaller miners are practically next to useless for mining bitcoin as payouts are going to be extremely rare whereas using them to mine dgb will still see regular payouts. Keep it affordable, is the best advice I can give you but please please mine if you can and is better to be doing yourself than relying on some third part service that might go out of business tomorrow.

you say that vps in not a good idea.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Activity: 750

The problem is that even if it was profitable the VPS host will shut you down quickly because you will be using all the CPU cycles. I'm also a gamer and when I did mine I used to have 3 graphics cards. 2 of them would be mining away and I'd use the third to play games. If you were to get an ASIC you would probably get the same ping in game that you get now.

I think that's because of the quality of your internet provider, I have a 4Mbps speed, and the reputation of my provider in my country is shity, you get the idea. but I'll consider buying an USB ASIC, do you have any stats ?

I have contacted a company support : http://puu.sh/n6gcL/b6b3e6cf50.png
what do you think.

Just be extremely weary.

I'm only on 10Mbps Download and 1Mbps upload btw.  Aussie internet sucks!
Data Scientist

The problem is that even if it was profitable the VPS host will shut you down quickly because you will be using all the CPU cycles. I'm also a gamer and when I did mine I used to have 3 graphics cards. 2 of them would be mining away and I'd use the third to play games. If you were to get an ASIC you would probably get the same ping in game that you get now.

I think that's because of the quality of your internet provider, I have a 4Mbps speed, and the reputation of my provider in my country is shity, you get the idea. but I'll consider buying an USB ASIC, do you have any stats ?

I have contacted a company support : http://puu.sh/n6gcL/b6b3e6cf50.png
what do you think.
Data Scientist

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000
Although, I think, listing at more markets ( for instance Asian markets) would benefit DGB, I am much more looking forward to Jared speaking at btc-onferences, like the one in South Africa at march 3 and 4. As far as I can see, DGB outperformes BTC on every aspect when looking at suitability for payments. What we actually need is a big company, like for instance overstock.com making an announcement that they will accept DGB. Something like this will putt DGB really on the map. Besides all the new things going on with DGB, I think, Jared should focus on a speech about the quality of the coin and it's perfect suitability for small payments.
Data Scientist

Data Scientist

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
I wonder what is driving all this volume, not just on DGB, markets on bittrex gone crazy, is everyone bailing on Bitcoin?

Financial markets are in turmoil. Sovereign credit risk is spiking and equities worldwide are tumbling. There's lots of fear out there. (Just for the record so that no-one can say I said to sell: I think world financial markets have hit extremes and that we should see short to intermediate term reversals.) We've seen this various times over the last 12 months or so where money comes into crypto whenever fear grows in traditional financial markets. We saw the first major buying of crypto in 2 major waves last spring. Anyone remember that? Maybe not since DGB didn't participate in either buying wave. That's different now. We've got DGB on the map now. And it's in a confirmed sustainable uptrend at that!

In short, and in spite of whether the reasons for why it's happening are happy or sad, crypto is slowly gaining wider exposure and acceptance, and we've got DGB in the game. However, that's only half the job: like I've been saying for a couple of weeks or so, THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO FUMBLE THE BALL! We've got lots of interested people looking at our showcase now and all our products MUST run like flawlessly fine-tuned machines!
Activity: 880
Merit: 251
Think differently
Anyone else waiting for Cryptsy to fix their withdrawal for DGB, I still have about 1.8M DGB there Sad

What, is that all. That's chump change. My entire bag is there.

It was unfortunate timing for the fork and cryptsy shutting it's doors within a matter of days.

Big Vern needs to upgrade the wallet before being able to release DGB. Hopefully, he decides to do this soon.
I wonder what takes soo long to just upgrade or fix the wallets of the coins that are stuck to release the funds to people.
Hope he doesn't run away with it.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
Anyone else waiting for Cryptsy to fix their withdrawal for DGB, I still have about 1.8M DGB there Sad

What, is that all. That's chump change. My entire bag is there.

It was unfortunate timing for the fork and cryptsy shutting it's doors within a matter of days.

Big Vern needs to upgrade the wallet before being able to release DGB. Hopefully, he decides to do this soon.
Jump to: