Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 649. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
REMINDER

Hardfork is getting close!

★★ Introducing DigiByte 极特币 v4.0.0 DigiSpeed★★

DigiByte Core v4.0.0 Wallets & Source

Hard Fork @ Block 1,430,000  

Thank you to everyone!
At this point a majority of critical DGB infrastructure has been updated with an estimated 500+ core wallet installs within 36 hours!

Hard Fork Expected - December 5/6th

Release Notes:
* Changes occur @ block 1,430,000
* 15 Second Blocks
* Scalability to match Visa TPS by 2021 & continued scaling through 2035 (See scalability projections here)
* Minimum TX & Relay Fee set to 1 DGB to prevent attacks
* MultiAlgo Difficulty adjustment code changed to make 51% attack much, much harder (See commit explanation)
* Transaction propagation changes based upon Microsoft research (Microsoft Research)
* Reward adjusted to accommodate faster blocks, still stays the same (21 billion DGB in 21 years)
* OP_RETURN data increased to 80 bytes to allow embedding more data (like document hashes)
* Safe mode warning error fixed
* Check point added
* Private key compatibility issue fixed ( addresses from the DGB paper wallet address generator now work properly)

After much testing we are ready to get 4.0.0 into the wild! Please help spread the word and help get all mining pools & exchanges to update. As soon as an exchange or pool has updated please notify us and we will update our main list!

Activity: 351
Merit: 250
HOW TO PLAY LOL

sorry capslock

You can check out the getting started guide I posted here:

https://digibytegroup.com/2015/11/how-to-get-started-with-digibyte-gaming-and-league-of-legends/

On the page there's a video that Jared made that walks you through the whole process as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Eric
Link download League of Legends ?

Sorry.  I'm not quite sure what question you're asking.

The guide I posted is about signing up for DGB Gaming so you can receive rewards for playing the game.  If you're having trouble installing the League of Legends game, I would suggest looking in their help topics.
I have to install League of Legends and I do not have a file
I had to download
https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/redownload
Activity: 378
EthBits
HOW TO PLAY LOL

sorry capslock

https://digibytegroup.com/2015/11/how-to-get-started-with-digibyte-gaming-and-league-of-legends/

On the page there's a video that Jared made that walks you through the whole process as well.

Cheers,

Eric

The guide I posted is about signing up for DGB Gaming so you can receive rewards for playing the game.  If you're having trouble installing the League of Legends game, I would suggest looking in their help topics.
I have to install League of Legends and I do not have a file
I had to download
Activity: 245
HOW TO PLAY LOL

sorry capslock

Cheers,

Eric

EthBits
HOW TO PLAY LOL

sorry capslock

Cheers,

Eric
HOW TO PLAY LOL

sorry capslock

Cheers,

Eric
Can someone point me to where I can find the .dat file on my mac? sorry for the number of posts, thanks!

It's in the Digibyte folder in Application Support.

Technically the path is something like this:  Macintosh HD/Users/(whatever your user login is)/Library/Application Support/DigiByte/wallet.dat

There's one trick here.  The "Library" folder is hidden by default in the "User" directory.  Therefore, in order to see it, you'll have to show hidden files.

It's easy to show hidden files if you don't know how.  Open the "terminal" application.  (Go to "Applications" ... then scroll down to the "utilities" subfolder ... "Terminal" is in there). 

If you've never used Terminal before, basically it's a command line interface for mac.  Once you have the terminal window open you'll see something that looks like this

[computer:~] user%

That'ts the standard interface prompt where you'll type the command.

Type the following:  defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles Yes

Hit return and it will take a second or 2 to make the change.  Before you can see the hidden files in a typical finder window, you have to relaunch Finder.  (just in case ... relaunch finder from the "force quit" menu available in the apple menu (top left) or by pressing "command-option-escape"

Once you relaunch finder, you'll be able to open a normal finder window and see the hidden "Library" folder with the Application support files for DigiByte.

By the way, to turn off the "Show All Files" and return everything to the way it was ...

Use terminal with the following command:  defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles No

And - again - relaunch finder.

Hope this all helps.
EthBits
HOW TO PLAY LOL

sorry capslock
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Hello all, just a quick warning to the DGB community to stay clear of CRYPTSY.....I believe that they are insolvent and have had some issues getting many different coins out. This is all just speculation but I am writing this based on my experiences. I was lucky and able to get my coins out (approx 1 BTC worth) but do yourself a favor and use Bittrex and Poloniex etc... I believe that DGB withdrawals still work there but don't chance it.......BTC and LTC withdrawals have been suspended for days now and it's not looking good.....

I've been with DGB community since March 2014 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.8340
It's nice to see the progression and growth of DGB Smiley

Here's some insight as to what is happening over at Cryptsy for those that are not aware:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptsy-stopping-withdraw-locking-accounts-without-notifying-users-class-action-1173703

Apparently,  BTC,LTC and DASH are having withdrawal problems.... not sure what else.

I traded all i had left on cryptsy to BTC and then to DGB  and then withdrew it all.
After about 10 minutes I received my DGB directly to my wallet
Activity: 804
Merit: 251
Just joined in on the LoL DBG Tournament.  Gold 3 Support main.  I am excited Cheesy

Hi im from EUW I paly top/jungle main this season, althou i dont have an acc, id be excited to join a team whome is competing! (id just buy some of champs)

p.s. what does the (SA) mean on ranking
Activity: 443
Can someone point me to where I can find the .dat file on my mac? sorry for the number of posts, thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
I need some technical advice regarding the hardfork.

Currently I have stored my DGBs on an USB device - the wallet.dat file is stored there. The wallet that I have installed on my computer is empty. Is it necessary to transfer my DGBs from the stick into my wallet, install the latest wallet and then I can store the DGBs on an USB device again?

Or is that not necessary and whenever in the future I want to use my DGBs again I just install the latest DGB wallet and copy the wallet.dat file into the wallet folder?

My fear is that the DGBs stored on my USB device are lost after the hardfork....

You DGB's will be safe. You just need to make sure you update your wallet whenever you reimport the .dat file. However, it is never a bad idea to make another backup and store the old one in another folder. We never delete a wallet backup. Always place it in an "Old_Backups_2015_Dec" folder or such.

Cheers
Perfect thanks, I have a Mac as well.
Ok so you don't have to manually place the .dat file back into the new wallet? Backing it up is just in case something goes wrong updating wallet? Will still send .dat to usb as you did but wasn't sure on the process regarding update.

Right.
Anyone wanna quick explain the process of updating to the new wallet? I will manually back up the .dat file to a USB. Just want to be 10000% sure so I don't screw myself and lose my coins. Thanks!

I have a mac ... but as I understand it, the process is similar regardless.

It was super easy and quick for me.  

First. Backup the wallet.  (this creates the wallet.dat file).  I didn't even put it on a USB, just saved it with the rest of the backups.
Then.  Download and install the new wallet.

Everything went super smooth with the install for me.   I launched the new wallet, it picked right up with the blockchain and transactions without any issues.
Ok so you don't have to manually place the .dat file back into the new wallet? Backing it up is just in case something goes wrong updating wallet? Will still send .dat to usb as you did but wasn't sure on the process regarding update.
Activity: 254
Anyone wanna quick explain the process of updating to the new wallet? I will manually back up the .dat file to a USB. Just want to be 10000% sure so I don't screw myself and lose my coins. Thanks!

Downloading new wallet version setup, closing current wallet, install, start....done!
Win7 x64SP1 all Updates
Sending and Reciving DGB went fine!
Good Luck, I backed up my wallet.dat as well. But just 4 safety!

Activity: 55
Merit: 2
Unless people know why the price is so low?
Whatever it may be we will continue working hard and pushing forward.
This is the key, and much thanks for that !
Regardless of the mood of buyers that we can read here is,
just keep on going with this state of mind ! Wink
Activity: 39
Merit: 1
I need some technical advice regarding the hardfork.

Currently I have stored my DGBs on an USB device - the wallet.dat file is stored there. The wallet that I have installed on my computer is empty. Is it necessary to transfer my DGBs from the stick into my wallet, install the latest wallet and then I can store the DGBs on an USB device again?

Or is that not necessary and whenever in the future I want to use my DGBs again I just install the latest DGB wallet and copy the wallet.dat file into the wallet folder?

My fear is that the DGBs stored on my USB device are lost after the hardfork....

The wallet.dat file is really nothing more than an address holder which holds your private key, it is not dependent upon a client version. You can continue to send DGB to the address(es) associated with your wallet.dat. You don't need to "update" it to a current client version.

If you ever want to access/spend the DGBs in that wallet you will need to use that wallet.dat file in a current version of the wallet client.

Okay I understand, thanks for your help!
Jump to: