Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 681. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 270
Merit: 250
Lovin' Crypto

If you read, you can answer your own repetitive questions.

But keep on bumping the thread =)

I’m just not that materialistic so I still don’t like the guy. If I was, I’d probably love him!
Up 4 MYR since yesterday, how much are we paying him?

I'll give him 1k DGB as a welcome tip if someday he posts his wallet adress xD
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
transaction propagation changes.

What transaction propagation changes? Because you're not planning on releasing block pruning until I guess several months later. In the mean time, sounds like the blockchain will become massively bloated,

Following the DigiSpeed v4.0 release we will release a version v5.0 in mid 2016 with enhanced block pruning, headers first sync and additional "incentives" for people like gamers to run a "full node" and keep the network decentralized as blockchain size increases Smiley

I’m just not that materialistic so I still don’t like the guy. If I was, I’d probably love him!
Up 4 MYR since yesterday, how much are we paying him?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
I see the price rise but I don't understand why. Isn't DigiByte just essentially Myriad with an added premine and instamine? They've been talking about this DigiSpeed hard fork for months now, but still no deadline, only delays. And they haven't even explained how it is exactly that their new hard fork will solve the scalability issue of Bitcoin. How will they encourage enough nodes to store a full copy of the blockchain? Sounds like the coin will become massively bloated.

Regarding the premine. It has all been given away already waaaay back.

The DigiSpeed hardfork + the DigiByteMarket are both parts of it. Another factor, we need to take into account, is that DigiByte remained relatively unknown amongst the crypto community. Now that it has seen additional volume and shot up on the coinmarketcap, we get more potential investors. And if DigiSpeed succeeds in its premise, the price should skyrocket. No coin, to my knowledge, has achieved to match VISA TPS (Transactoins-Per-Second) before.

How do we know they didn't give it away to themselves? Anyway, they have been making claims about DigiSpeed for months. Recently it's been on the news a lot that Bitcoin is not scalable enough and could handle only a fraction of the transactions that Visa handles. Since then DigiByte has been promising they will be able to match this with their DigiSpeed, but as far as I can see they haven't explained how.

They said 15-18 second block times and 8 mb block size. The only downside is less nodes and more lite wallets because the blockchain will become huge.

Of course, that 'downside' will most likely be the death of DigiByte unless they have some new technology in the works that incentivises nodes or something like that. They haven't given any details whatsoever. This is why I choose not to invest in DigiByte.

Well the problem I see with the price is that everyone was expecting digispeed in October. How long will the pump have to remain in place until the official announcement is in place. I think some pump groups are going to get burned on this one if Jared doesn't announce digispeed soon. This will be a good thing of course if it's delayed until December it might normalize the price above 100 and not have the Vertcoin scenario.
We are indeed evaluating some issues that will arise far into the future and we are already working to mitigate them. We are not going to give a hard launch date as it fuels pump and dumps. When we are 100% ready we will release.

We just completed a successful 12,000 Block test run with DigiSpeed modifications (8mb blocks, 15 second transactions, difficulty calculation modifications, transaction propagation changes.)

The test resulted in even distribution between the five algos and our actual test data showed and average block time of 14.68 seconds (slightly speedier than planned).

Average transaction size: 250 bytes
Maximum block size: 8mb (8,388,608bytes)
Average block-time: 14.68

Maximum BTC TPS = 7 transactions per second.
BTC block size = 1mb

7 x 8mb blocks =  56 TPS

BTC Block Time= 10 min
DGB block time= 14.68 sec

600 min / 14.68 sec = 40.87 multiplier

56 TPS x 40.87 = 2,228 DigiByte Transactions per second

Visa averages 2,000 TPS

Following the DigiSpeed v4.0 release we will release a version v5.0 in mid 2016 with enhanced block pruning, headers first sync and additional "incentives" for people like gamers to run a "full node" and keep the network decentralized as blockchain size increases Smiley

Great work Jared, ignore the haters...
Activity: 1638
Merit: 261

What transaction propagation changes? Because you're not planning on releasing block pruning until I guess several months later. In the mean time, sounds like the blockchain will become massively bloated,

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

We are indeed evaluating some issues that will arise far into the future and we are already working to mitigate them. We are not going to give a hard launch date as it fuels pump and dumps. When we are 100% ready we will release.

We just completed a successful 12,000 Block test run with DigiSpeed modifications (8mb blocks, 15 second transactions, difficulty calculation modifications, transaction propagation changes.)

The test resulted in even distribution between the five algos and our actual test data showed and average block time of 14.68 seconds (slightly speedier than planned).

BTC block size = 1mb

7 x 8mb blocks =  56 TPS

BTC Block Time= 10 min

Visa averages 2,000 TPS

You guys are blazing the trail and setting the standards!

Wow.

You've surpised me once again - all I can say is that I am extremely pleased with having invested in DGB.  Grin

How about a DigiReport on the matter?  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
I see the price rise but I don't understand why. Isn't DigiByte just essentially Myriad with an added premine and instamine? They've been talking about this DigiSpeed hard fork for months now, but still no deadline, only delays. And they haven't even explained how it is exactly that their new hard fork will solve the scalability issue of Bitcoin. How will they encourage enough nodes to store a full copy of the blockchain? Sounds like the coin will become massively bloated.

The DigiSpeed hardfork + the DigiByteMarket are both parts of it. Another factor, we need to take into account, is that DigiByte remained relatively unknown amongst the crypto community. Now that it has seen additional volume and shot up on the coinmarketcap, we get more potential investors. And if DigiSpeed succeeds in its premise, the price should skyrocket. No coin, to my knowledge, has achieved to match VISA TPS (Transactoins-Per-Second) before.

How do we know they didn't give it away to themselves? Anyway, they have been making claims about DigiSpeed for months. Recently it's been on the news a lot that Bitcoin is not scalable enough and could handle only a fraction of the transactions that Visa handles. Since then DigiByte has been promising they will be able to match this with their DigiSpeed, but as far as I can see they haven't explained how.

They said 15-18 second block times and 8 mb block size. The only downside is less nodes and more lite wallets because the blockchain will become huge.

Of course, that 'downside' will most likely be the death of DigiByte unless they have some new technology in the works that incentivises nodes or something like that. They haven't given any details whatsoever. This is why I choose not to invest in DigiByte.

Well the problem I see with the price is that everyone was expecting digispeed in October. How long will the pump have to remain in place until the official announcement is in place. I think some pump groups are going to get burned on this one if Jared doesn't announce digispeed soon. This will be a good thing of course if it's delayed until December it might normalize the price above 100 and not have the Vertcoin scenario.

BTC block size = 1mb

7 x 8mb blocks =  56 TPS

BTC Block Time= 10 min

Visa averages 2,000 TPS

Lovin' Crypto

You're keeping this thread on top.
The DGB community is smarter than you think, and people all realise you're just trolling.
So you're just helping us basically, and loosing all credibility around here. Even Myriad dev are asking you to stop doing this.

And your worrys about the premine ... 52,5Millions have been used wisely... proofs are : DGB is looking good like never. The community is getting stronger, and everyone seems to keep an eye on this coin now.

Just mine some or get yourself a wallet, and stay quiet. Troll Smiley
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Exposure is important, thanks for taking the time on bumping the topic onto the first page quite often, really appreciate it!
You may already noticed, the actions you make, damaging not only your own reputation, but -because your chosen nickname is misleading- counter productive for your favourite coin and their respectable community members. I'm not saying you shouldn't troll here, ofcourse, do whatever you like, I'm just asking you to do it with a different username. It's not elegant.

Of course, as we all know, DigiByte was instamined. In the first 3 days, 16,000 DigiBytes were mined per minute. It was only a few months after launch that the emission was drastically reduced in a hard fork. At the time, DigiByte was just another scrypt coin with a premine, so miners generally had been overlooking it. Of course, the devs were enjoying the low difficulty. After the emission schedule was changed, they started introducing new features such as the multi-PoW they copied from Myriad, as well as new marketing and the claims of $250,000 investment in the centralised company that develops DigiByte.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 261
Why don't you spend your time and energy promoting myriad rather than trying to demote DGB.

Judging by the buy support on Poloniex you seem to be having the opposite effect.

Of course, as we all know, DigiByte was instamined. In the first 3 days, 16,000 DigiBytes were mined per minute. It was only a few months after launch that the emission was drastically reduced in a hard fork. At the time, DigiByte was just another scrypt coin with a premine, so miners generally had been overlooking it. Of course, the devs were enjoying the low difficulty. After the emission schedule was changed, they started introducing new features such as the multi-PoW they copied from Myriad, as well as new marketing and the claims of $250,000 investment in the centralised company that develops DigiByte.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
A new week, A awesome start!  Grin 
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

For anyone who is interested, the blockchain and history tells the true story. DigiByte has had a 0% premine since March/ April of 2014 when the last of the 0.5% was spent on giveaways, marketing and development. Every DigiByte we currently have we have purchased on the market or mined.

There was no "instamine." We fairly pre-announced the launch date of Janurary 10th several days in advance along with the fact there would be a 0.5% premine to be given away and used to pay for the first series of mobile wallets and services. This can be seen in the first few pages of this thread. The premine giveaway was very effective at bringing thousands of new people in to DigiByte in the first couple of weeks.

On a separate, but related note, it's also worth reminding that 99.5% of all DigiByte mining is done in a decentralized manner.

We believe in DigiByte and have stated several times we are here for the long haul and we are committed to the long term vision and future off DigiByte. How many coins have come and gone since DigiByte launched? Thanks to everyone who supports and believes in DGB and a warm welcome to all the new DigiByte users on here!

As posted on the first page since day 1:

Pre-Mine Details:
  • 52.5 million DGB for giveaways over first two months to encourage adoption of DGB.
  • Giveaway address will be publicly posted on website with a public record of all transactions in the block chain.
  • 52.5 million DGB for development expenses to further DigiByte and help it become a mainstream currency.
  • Development account address will be publicly posted on website with a public record of all transactions in the block chain.
  • Our goal is to be transparent and accountable with the 0.5% pre-mine to ensure a bright future for DigiByte.

Pre-Mine Accounts:
  • Giveaway Account: DFsSa6kVoCyHK8ryZYDNX2fi5294kSuH2Q
  • Initial Balance: 52,500,000.00 DGB
  • Current Balance: 0 DGB
  • Development Account: DQkqGjRqyfsmzFQ27tPK2PNJe7gPZUVm1U
  • Initial Balance: 52,596,000.00 DGB
  • Current Balance: 0 DGB
**Note: After the first 6 days of DigiByte's life over 44,105,165.259 million DigiBytes were dispersed from the giveaway account to merchants, developers, users and more in over 1500 Transactions to DigiByte Addresses!

DigiByte Giveaways

DigiByte Reward Bounties

500,000 DGB to 1st 6 DigiByte Mining Pools (0/6 remaining) | 250,000 DGB Language Translations (0/18 remaining)

100,000 DGB to 1st 5 DigiByte Games/Faucets (0/5 remaining) | 200,000 DGB to first 15 merchants who accepting DigiByte (0/15 remaining)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hyperspace snail

Ok thanks for your insight Smiley

Lovin' Crypto

Don't bother, he's a troll trying to pull DGB down and with probably a bigger DGB wallet than MyR xD
Lovin' Crypto
dgb took off today... any new news?

Natural price is going up.
lately it seems like many people are looking forward with DB. It's still a very good idea to invest in, even if the price goes up.
It's definitly going to be exponential. So there's probably no loss there, even if you buy at "high" for no and the price drop a little later.

Just buy now and hold, because this is a very long range coin, and remember it was at 0.00000016 last year.

legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder

Bitshares has/aims for 100000 TPS

https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/measuring-performance/

Vanilla VNL has ZeroTime transaction (less than a second) and only 1 confirmation on poloniex.

legendary
Activity: 1092
Hyperspace snail

Bitshares has/aims for 100000 TPS

https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/measuring-performance/
Jump to: