Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 813. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
DIGIBYTE GROUP PROJECT UPDATE (July 13, 2015):

WE HAVE SENT OUT THE PRESS RELEASE FOR THE DIGIBYTE GAMING WALLET.  I WILL POST UPDATES ABOUT THE MEDIA RESPONSE AS SOON AS I HAVE THEM.

I want to personally thank everyone who supported and contributed to the press release.

As soon as I receive a final invoice from CoinDesk (probably within 48 hours), I will post a project accounting summary.

You can view the press release here:  https://digibytegroup.com/project-155/
nice one Eric.  Smiley Thank you.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
Any place I can by DGB directly (with cash/credit card/paypal)? I know of https://www.litebit.eu, interested to learn more options.

Thanks!
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
DIGIBYTE GROUP PROJECT UPDATE (July 13, 2015):

WE HAVE SENT OUT THE PRESS RELEASE FOR THE DIGIBYTE GAMING WALLET.  I WILL POST UPDATES ABOUT THE MEDIA RESPONSE AS SOON AS I HAVE THEM.

I want to personally thank everyone who supported and contributed to the press release.

As soon as I receive a final invoice from CoinDesk (probably within 48 hours), I will post a project accounting summary.

You can view the press release here:  https://digibytegroup.com/project-155/
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
Very inspiring to see that after such a long hiatus (me), DGB is still going on and being developed Smiley!
Activity: 335

DigiByte,

Would it be possible to get the team page updated ( http://digibyte.co/content/digibyte-team ) with a little more specific information about the basic backgrounds and contribution levels of each member? I really like what Vertcoin has done ( https://vertcoin.org/wp/the-team/ ). Something along those lines? Maybe even shrinking the DigiByte logos a bit, or even substituting them with the DigiMan? Would that be possible?

I know it's not exactly what o0o0 has in mind,  Sad
but it would be a step in that same direction,
and it would likely create a more favorable first impression for high end investors.  Smiley

Good idea to have more details, anyway digibyte team page looks more professional than vertcoin.
Thx Jared for update.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

DigiByte,

Would it be possible to get the team page updated ( http://digibyte.co/content/digibyte-team ) with a little more specific information about the basic backgrounds and contribution levels of each member? I really like what Vertcoin has done ( https://vertcoin.org/wp/the-team/ ). Something along those lines? Maybe even shrinking the DigiByte logos a bit, or even substituting them with the DigiMan? Would that be possible?

I know it's not exactly what o0o0 has in mind,  Sad
but it would be a step in that same direction,
and it would likely create a more favorable first impression for high end investors.  Smiley
Activity: 637
Merit: 500
I can't complain about the price, I am mining more DGB then ever before. This is the first time since the announcement of the 250 000 USD investment the price has been this low.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
Hi Guys,

A great discussion is going on and Jared thanks for the update.
I'm so busy atm with some exciting projects and rebuilding my whole store so i cant be online as much as i want to.

Keep the good discussion rolling guys and have a good weekend.

Cheers and best

Ohh and dont forget to buy some cheap Digibytes offcourse.
Here in the Netherlands they say that only the sun is for free,Well Digibyte is coming really close to that now Smiley

Cheap is an understatement! And with the buy order book looking like crap, it could easily get a lot cheaper quick. Of course, the sell book doesn't look much better. (Don't accuse autosells from miners to be the problem here.)

The problem is a total lack of interest in DGB!

We'll get that remedied!

Great to hear that you're doing well. Have a great weekend too!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Hi Guys,

A great discussion is going on and Jared thanks for the update.
I'm so busy atm with some exciting projects and rebuilding my whole store so i cant be online as much as i want to.

Keep the good discussion rolling guys and have a good weekend.

Cheers and best

Ohh and dont forget to buy some cheap Digibytes offcourse.
Here in the Netherlands they say that only the sun is for free,Well Digibyte is coming really close to that now Smiley

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
legendary
Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001
Thanks for the updates Jared. I don't care what happens with the price in the short term as a break out moment can happen at any time. Trust me when I say I know I am behind the 2 best potential coins. The rest of the alts are just noise and BS.

Also picked up some coins as there is mutual respect between the 2 communities of dgb and nlg.So dgb must also be the real thing.It takes a long time to trust a project.
Activity: 274
Merit: 101
legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
Thanks for the updates Jared. I don't care what happens with the price in the short term as a break out moment can happen at any time. Trust me when I say I know I am behind the 2 best potential coins. The rest of the alts are just noise and BS.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021
SHA-256 and Scrypt are so huge that a single large farm from there can abuse DGB easily.
Unfortunately this is currently true and is what we must overcome. That is why I questioned faith. You would need to believe that although your asic machine cost more in electricity to run than it mined in value of DigiByte it would one day be worth it. The problem with that is people would just think, that is stupid I can buy more DGB. You might even say if enough people were thinking like that then people would buy it and the price would move up. not enough people are buying it and round and round we go.

Only a single minded community has any real chance here.
and a single minded community is aligned through belief. This belief has to be generated and maintained by the devs. There isnt enough news from devs its one of their failings plain and simple. i like Jared but what does he do week in week out? Based on posts and lack of blog stuff the average person would be led to believe nothing...

Look up wolffire the game overgrowth. The devs are very active and its an indie project. Regular content rich updates, the fans love it. I can get on cryptsy chat and talk to netcoin devs. i even had one offer to make me a custom wallet for a feature i suggested for block splits. I dont need free stuff but i was impressed by their comms and attentiveness.

Need this here. Who's going to build services for DGB if they dont see dev comms and interaction? If this doesnt happen dgb is just another altcoin with low block time for trans and a 21 billion supply.

Without a doubt communication is critical and the past few weeks we have not been as communicative as we could of been. However, this does not mean by any measure we have been sitting ideally by. There is a lot underway for DigiByte right now.

The investment DGB has received has been used to maintain several aspects of the network as well as to develop privately held services built on the DGB network such as DigiByteTip (I can say there are other services under development as well right now). We are not going to disclose some of these projects, partnerships or advancements until they are ready. This is for multiple reasons.

First, we don't want to tip off the competition until the services are ready to take to market. Second, we don't want to fuel rampent speculation and pump and dumps. Finally, when you take on a private investment, it does come with a few a catches. But when such investment comes with the experience of individuals who are much more business savvy and have a proven track record of business success over the past few decades it is hard not to listen to the advice given. There also are legal ramifications for me publicly discussing some of these projects or discussing some of the meetings I have been in. I have personally signed multiple NDA's with multiple companies and obviously do not want to be held legally responsible for breaching these agreements.

To summarize, DigiByte is open source and will always be decentralized and open as a network. Anyone can build a privately held service upon top of DigiByte. This has already been done numerous times. Cryptsy, GiftOff, ShapeShift and many more have integrated DigiByte. Have any of them open sourced their code bases? No, why you ask? There would be a dozen copy cats that popped up over night. This is the reason we have not, nor will we open source DigiByteTip any time soon. This does not mean it wont happen at some point in the future. Mind you there have also been significant legal costs no one is aware of just to get DigiByteTip to where it is now. (Part of the reason for not actively marketing it yet.)

Without a doubt for me personally this is all a tough balancing act. On one side there is the open source network and all the other public services to go with it (all the wallets, DigiHash, website, explorer and more) and the the community at large who make all of it possible.

On the other side there is a private investment and a business to move forward. Obviously everyone here I consider to be an investor as well and I personally owe it to both sides to reach the best possible outcome so everyone comes out a head in the end and wins. And I believe this will happen and we are well on the way to making that a reality.

So far we have done a lot with the limited budget we have had compared to other companies in this space. Look at the investment ChangeTip has received as well as the $500,000 DogeTipBot has. Thats just one service. We are building multiple platforms and maintaining multiple services (6 node servers each month, digiexplorer, digihash, digibyte.co, digibytegaming, easyminer, ios wallet, android wallet, digibyte gaming wallet, all core wallets, a fully functional exchange we haven't launched to do crazy laws in the US, as well as a few other services we haven't released yet. I don't know anyone else in the crypto space to have provided all these aspects of a coins ecosystem from one source.

All in all things are moving forward and I am very excited for the future of DigiByte. This technology is here to stay and we are doing our best to position DigiByte the best we can to seize the opportunity when the time comes.

Thanks to everyone for your support, feedback and continued passion. There are some great conversations on here and now i'm going to go get to work on that video update.

Cheers,

Jared

Thanks Jared. This is what i'm talking about. You were able to show updates fine without going where you can't. You can say this week we worked on multiple projects and 1 is nearing completion. Are you able to list more of the dev team and people on the site so people can know more about them.

The projects that are out there i.e. the gaming wallet and digibyte tip you could have the dev teams report on their progress and query public for improvements etc. Its not just the hidden things people would like activity on but those already out there. The community would help where possible but needs an avenue where they can do this.

Thanks for the above post, I hope this such posts continue.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
legendary
SHA-256 and Scrypt are so huge that a single large farm from there can abuse DGB easily.
Unfortunately this is currently true and is what we must overcome. That is why I questioned faith. You would need to believe that although your asic machine cost more in electricity to run than it mined in value of DigiByte it would one day be worth it. The problem with that is people would just think, that is stupid I can buy more DGB. You might even say if enough people were thinking like that then people would buy it and the price would move up. not enough people are buying it and round and round we go.

Only a single minded community has any real chance here.
and a single minded community is aligned through belief. This belief has to be generated and maintained by the devs. There isnt enough news from devs its one of their failings plain and simple. i like Jared but what does he do week in week out? Based on posts and lack of blog stuff the average person would be led to believe nothing...

Look up wolffire the game overgrowth. The devs are very active and its an indie project. Regular content rich updates, the fans love it. I can get on cryptsy chat and talk to netcoin devs. i even had one offer to make me a custom wallet for a feature i suggested for block splits. I dont need free stuff but i was impressed by their comms and attentiveness.

Need this here. Who's going to build services for DGB if they dont see dev comms and interaction? If this doesnt happen dgb is just another altcoin with low block time for trans and a 21 billion supply.

Without a doubt communication is critical and the past few weeks we have not been as communicative as we could of been. However, this does not mean by any measure we have been sitting ideally by. There is a lot underway for DigiByte right now.

The investment DGB has received has been used to maintain several aspects of the network as well as to develop privately held services built on the DGB network such as DigiByteTip (I can say there are other services under development as well right now). We are not going to disclose some of these projects, partnerships or advancements until they are ready. This is for multiple reasons.

First, we don't want to tip off the competition until the services are ready to take to market. Second, we don't want to fuel rampent speculation and pump and dumps. Finally, when you take on a private investment, it does come with a few a catches. But when such investment comes with the experience of individuals who are much more business savvy and have a proven track record of business success over the past few decades it is hard not to listen to the advice given. There also are legal ramifications for me publicly discussing some of these projects or discussing some of the meetings I have been in. I have personally signed multiple NDA's with multiple companies and obviously do not want to be held legally responsible for breaching these agreements.

To summarize, DigiByte is open source and will always be decentralized and open as a network. Anyone can build a privately held service upon top of DigiByte. This has already been done numerous times. Cryptsy, GiftOff, ShapeShift and many more have integrated DigiByte. Have any of them open sourced their code bases? No, why you ask? There would be a dozen copy cats that popped up over night. This is the reason we have not, nor will we open source DigiByteTip any time soon. This does not mean it wont happen at some point in the future. Mind you there have also been significant legal costs no one is aware of just to get DigiByteTip to where it is now. (Part of the reason for not actively marketing it yet.)

Without a doubt for me personally this is all a tough balancing act. On one side there is the open source network and all the other public services to go with it (all the wallets, DigiHash, website, explorer and more) and the the community at large who make all of it possible.

On the other side there is a private investment and a business to move forward. Obviously everyone here I consider to be an investor as well and I personally owe it to both sides to reach the best possible outcome so everyone comes out a head in the end and wins. And I believe this will happen and we are well on the way to making that a reality.

So far we have done a lot with the limited budget we have had compared to other companies in this space. Look at the investment ChangeTip has received as well as the $500,000 DogeTipBot has. Thats just one service. We are building multiple platforms and maintaining multiple services (6 node servers each month, digiexplorer, digihash, digibyte.co, digibytegaming, easyminer, ios wallet, android wallet, digibyte gaming wallet, all core wallets, a fully functional exchange we haven't launched to do crazy laws in the US, as well as a few other services we haven't released yet. I don't know anyone else in the crypto space to have provided all these aspects of a coins ecosystem from one source.

All in all things are moving forward and I am very excited for the future of DigiByte. This technology is here to stay and we are doing our best to position DigiByte the best we can to seize the opportunity when the time comes.

Thanks to everyone for your support, feedback and continued passion. There are some great conversations on here and now i'm going to go get to work on that video update.

Cheers,

Jared

Activity: 421
Digihash has stopped paying again, and Scrypt seems to be completely offline from a stats perspective even though I'm throwing over 100Mh at the pool.... Currently 110 pending blocks for Scrypt alone. I want to help DGB by using Digihash but it's hard not to mine on other pools or even solo as I have to with my larger rigs when the service is so flaky.

Please devs, this happens constantly with Digihash, my vote is to devote time to improving basic services such as this in the immediate term.... We can all panic about impending doom from the attack of evil ASIC's later on IMO....  Many thanks in advance!
I think it is imperative to start here, especially as we need to attract a lot of small hashers and this is the best place to have them, for the community at large.
The impending doom does need to take a back step and this is a good place to start. The evil asic attack, imo, started a long time ago but it is slowly sucking the blood out of us like a parasite. It is time we got frontlined! Smiley

We are going to reset the pool. The issue we are having is DigiHash is built upon the open source NOMP repo: https://github.com/zone117x/node-open-mining-portal. We had to customize a few things in order to get it to run with all five algorithms. As you can see from the repo NOMP has not been maintained for a year now and we have not had the resources to focus a lot of time on continuing development on it. DigiHash was built to be fill a need. DGB has had mining pools come and go dozens of times over the last year. We wanted to give the community a pool that wasn't going to go anywhere.

We have also been experimenting with the pool by changing the payout threshold to fix a few other issues people are having. Part of the problem with some wallet issues people were experiencing was the bloat of the UTXO database.  When the pool starts paying out 1 or 2 DGB at a time thousands of times over to a mobile wallet (lots of people seem to do that) the mobile wallet tends to freeze and cause some issues.

If anyone would like to take a crack at the pool please let us know. The code is in our github repo.

https://github.com/UNOMP/unified-node-open-mining-portal
legendary
Digihash has stopped paying again, and Scrypt seems to be completely offline from a stats perspective even though I'm throwing over 100Mh at the pool.... Currently 110 pending blocks for Scrypt alone. I want to help DGB by using Digihash but it's hard not to mine on other pools or even solo as I have to with my larger rigs when the service is so flaky.

Please devs, this happens constantly with Digihash, my vote is to devote time to improving basic services such as this in the immediate term.... We can all panic about impending doom from the attack of evil ASIC's later on IMO....  Many thanks in advance!
I think it is imperative to start here, especially as we need to attract a lot of small hashers and this is the best place to have them, for the community at large.
The impending doom does need to take a back step and this is a good place to start. The evil asic attack, imo, started a long time ago but it is slowly sucking the blood out of us like a parasite. It is time we got frontlined! Smiley

We are going to reset the pool. The issue we are having is DigiHash is built upon the open source NOMP repo: https://github.com/zone117x/node-open-mining-portal. We had to customize a few things in order to get it to run with all five algorithms. As you can see from the repo NOMP has not been maintained for a year now and we have not had the resources to focus a lot of time on continuing development on it. DigiHash was built to be fill a need. DGB has had mining pools come and go dozens of times over the last year. We wanted to give the community a pool that wasn't going to go anywhere.

We have also been experimenting with the pool by changing the payout threshold to fix a few other issues people are having. Part of the problem with some wallet issues people were experiencing was the bloat of the UTXO database.  When the pool starts paying out 1 or 2 DGB at a time thousands of times over to a mobile wallet (lots of people seem to do that) the mobile wallet tends to freeze and cause some issues.

If anyone would like to take a crack at the pool please let us know. The code is in our github repo.

Jump to: